Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Codex Previews Edition

>Chaos
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

T'au (Tm) dominance below this line

OBLITS GET TWICE AS MANY SHOOTING ATTACKS
THAT'S
THE
POWER
OF
CHAOS
MY
DUDES

Other thread still on page 6

>let's reduce the number of dice rolls!
>here have more dice rolls!

The 27D3 attacks from arco-flagellants was annoying this gets its own cherry of annoying

Huh.

>200 points
>12 shots, hitting on 3s
>Strength 8 on average
>AP2 on average
>2 damage on average

Tell me about the Blood Angels.

I've been wanting to make a Marine army, but I can't really decide on what I want. I like the lore of the Salamanders, being cool chill dudes, and all that fire and such, though I'm not too sure on the practicality of fire in this current edition, plus the only fire units out of the Primaris lineup are the Agressors, and there are no options for Primaris melta.

Dark Angels seem neat, and plasma makes for a reliable all rounder, especially with Hellblasters being a thing, and they would fit lore wise with the Dark Angels, but my friend group already has a DA player.

Raptors seems cool too, and they would really fit with the tactical feeling of Reivers and Intercessors. I've also considered Deathwatch but I'm not sure on them, as it kind of seems like model count is what matters in this edition.

Also have considered making a mech infantry guard regiment possibly. How well does that work out? Like not all vehicle dependent, but infantry units in lots of dedicated transports instead.

Breddy good on average

You literally roll 3 dice in succession. It's not that fucking difficult.

9 Flagellants in a unit.

>Was expecting nothing but disappointment from the new GK codex
>new GK Codex and faction focus was actually better than the steaming pile of shit we had for 7th

Looks like I'm pre-ordering tomorrow.

Silver Bros WW@!?

New Death Guard weapons. Guess its those melee weapons we saw in that promo ages ago.

Also a heavy flamer and flamer with reroll wounds of 1.

If you go melee orientated as Plague Marines, you get +1 attack. You can swap all your guys to have 2 plague knives (this is probably just the cheap version since its a free item) or a plague knife and a bubonic axe which gives +1 str, -2ap and 1 damage.

You can then have 2 guys take a bubonic axe and a mace of contagion which I belive is +2 str, -1 AP and 3 damage, its -1 to hit though. Kinda poor IMO.

You can have a further 2 swap to a flail (+2s, -2ap, 2 damage), this weapon does D3 hits per swing (so 2d3 per guy) and its damage spills over, so great for guardsmen. Instead of flail you can also go for a cleaver which is 2x str, -3ap and D6 damage, at -1 to hit.

All the weapons are plague weapons, so rerolling 1s to wound.

Y/N on correct amount of boopiness?

2.5k cool guys
>Cawl
>Dominus: eradication ray
>5x 7 radtroopers
>2x 5 Sicarian Infiltrators (sword, burst pistol)
>2x 3 plasma kataphrons
>5 arc rifle breachers
>2 onagers (neutron, extra stubber)
>2 kastellans and datasmith (guns)
>2 kastellans and datasmith (guns)

Despite what people say Sicarians are fun, though is dropping the breachers for Electropriests a good idea?

OBLITERATE!

Now that we pretty much know everything in the codex now, what legion/strat do you think is the strongest?

For me, Emperor's Children seems strong as fuck. 20 squad of noise marines with prescience and slaanesh feel no pain spell on them and in a lord bubble shooting twice per shooting phase with plus 1 to wound sounds really fun.

That's not even mentioning their melee hit squads.

Down here, in manlet town!

The short answer is: Blood Angels are in a bad spot right now crunchwise. They were not in the best of spots when the indexes dropped and now that the first codexes have dropped, the disparity has only gotten worse. If you're still interested in Blood Angels, my advice is to check back when they have a codex.

I note that your primary concerns with starting this marine army based on your post is how the Primaris units fit in. Are you looking to be making a primaris only force?

First army was Grey Knights, ended up getting a bunch of plastic but never used them, still in the processof converting a Dreadknight, glad to see them looking competitive

Way ahead of you, broheim. They got me when they announced the Grand Master in a baby carrier. Not even ashamed to admit that.

>plus 1 to wound
Wait where's that coming from?

Ok, I have someone that is starting to piss me off. He says that auras and similar abilities don't affect the model giving off the aura. I say they do because they count as models in the aura. Who is right?

Wow, pretty damn good. I'm impressed, mixing melee versions of them with a few drones, some HS havocs/obliterators, terminators (and whatever new guys ohohoh), and a horde of zombies looks viable and fun af. Plus of course a B E L L B O Y E

It's a good time to start

Same.

I think the toughest thing about re-learning them will be when to use what stragem. We'll probably have no more than 5 or 6 CP in a 2k game, so it'll be a tough call wen we choose to blow a load.

This is in literally the first faq they ever released.
Characters are always affected by their own aura as long as they have the prerequisite keywords.
The only time auras stop is when they're in a transport.

Not sure 2 attacks per model for the melee versions is good.

Plus something like the flail and cleaver you just know will cost absurd points cost.

Yeah, good time to be alive. We're a force to reckon with, and it looks like they made termies cheaper too.

>I am the hammer. I am the point of his spear, I am the mail about his fist....

aho girl go tan anime?

>pic
Story?

Its literally in the fucking rules. It says they are affected by their own auras. In. the. rule. book.

They did? Here's to hoping they made paladins or at least daemon hammers cheaper too. Oh and psycannons. And gatling psilencers. Fuck. Gatling psilencers might actually be a thing now.

Yeah, that'd be the hamper. The rules are nice, now it's time to see cost. They do cost the same PL, so further ruining that scene

EC deamon prince is going to be insane.

What do you guys think it would be like if Orkz met Warcraft Orcs?

This guy will not believe me without a direct quote. Can you help me find it? I'm reading the F&Q but am having some trouble finding it

Warcraft orcs are just green barbarians they're lame as fuck. At least 40k orks are unique and amusing. Pre-WoW goblins are way better.

Those "noble savages" would get rekt with the amount of dakka these motherfuckers can put out.

They'd probably try and kill each other.

Yeah, but what about the kultur clash? Think any of those wimpy grots could cut it as a real Ork?

Eh, my main concern was that I was thinking of 7e rules when I was looking into to getting the game, you know, where I could load up on melta and flamer and get army wide rerolling on them with Salamanders. But now Vulkan He'stan only gives that bonus to units within 6" of him, though the Chapter Tactics is pretty neat.

It seems like it would be more reliable to load up on plasma instead of flamers, I never actually got into the game during 7e, but I did a lot of my initial research before 8e came out.
Flamers don't seem as spectacular as they were in 7e anymore, sure the automatic hits are nice, but they seem really RNG dependent rather than positioning and strategy related.

My concerns about primaris are mostly because I was just looking into other units, since I'm not too sure on flamer units anymore, when like, for a Razorback, a twin assault cannon is 12 shots at 1 more strength than the heavy flamer, and three times longer ranger, and it only costs 1 more point. Or like Primaris Aggressors, where the Boltstorm Gauntlets and fragstorm launchers give you 6+d6 shots at 18" instead of 2d6 at a piddly 8" which really squanders the unit's ability to fire twice if it doesn't move.

Also the Blood Angels get a really fucking cool Chaplain model.

How is Deathwatch?

awe yeeeee. goop gunz and crazy melee weapons. The flail looks hype as fuck with the spillover damage.

>Think any of those wimpy grots could cut it as a real Ork?

No, they're not the same species.

It's beautiful

Pretty sure that Magos would be freaking out that the Xeno is gesturing at his divine holographic projection

So what was the outcome of the BL vs GK game on WH TV?

Okay, my buddy is basically throwing a tantrum because he cant field three knights as a 1000 point army.
I was going to build a Deathwatch army, but fuck he's whinging like this. I'm new to 40K and he whipped 1000 points of marines and termies fielding 3 knights and 2 assassins last week, and now he's whining that his knights aren't viable because 3 come to about 1500 points.
>im now comvinced paladins are obsolete if i dont get wargear for free.

>GW removes Objective Secured
>proceeds to add it back into every codex

>Don't touch my photons you skinny fuck.

They'd get assimilated like they usually do for savage orks. They'd probably enjoy all the new magic they have to throw around

Flamers are still pretty good, they're especially good if you're fighting sneaky beakies who like to penalize people on the to-hit roll. While the Salamanders don't get their buff army-wide anymore, you can really fuck up someone's day by placing Vulkan next to flamethrower aggressors, anything with meltas/multi-meltas (including vehicles - he can turn land raiders into death chariots), combi-flamers etc. The army-wide reroll also makes low-shot heavy weapons spectacularly good. I'm just getting back into the game and I'm super fucking excited to play Salamanders.

>Use Endless Cacophony on them
>Each Oblit is now functionally assault 8

I play blood angels, they are alright gameplay wise

their true strength lies in the fact that they are cool as fuck since you can give everybody jetpacks

>Blood Angels can't take Ironclad, Venerable or Contemptor dreadnoughts
Wow that's dumb.

Your "buddy" is absolute fucking scum.

Is it just me or are Vindicare's crazy strong? It seems like any Imperial army would benefit from taking a couple to murder an enemy HQ every turn.

>you will never fingerfuck a magos's holowaifu in front of him

What models should I use to deal serious damage to vehicles as Thousand Sons?

I for one welcome our new dreadnoughts with astral aim

Jesus Christ, I just looked. If you make an EC Slaanesh Deamon Prince with talons your warlord, give him that, give him the Slaanesh Wargear (plus one str and attack). That's 8 str 8 exploding attacks that hit on 2+ rerolling 1s to hit attack against Imperial fags.

Predators.

That's more efficient, durable, and damaging than index AC havoks for their points. Seems pretty good. Really hoping they get the next 4 books out fast cuz holy fuck these factions didn't need those buffs.

>Lucius gets ten wounds against Characters when he's at two wounds
>between his armor saves and invul saves he usually has two wounds by the time he gets into melee with the thing I want him to fight
Sweet, sleek Slaaneshi excess that sound heavenly.
2+ to hit with rerolls, AP-2 D2 attacks no less.
It's also ten attacks at 5W Daemon Prince with Paired Malefic Talons, same AP and Damage but so much more likely to wound.

OK guys first release Space Marines! Naturally.

2nd release Silver Space Marines! 3rd release ugly space marines!

Can't wait for the next codex. Will it be red space marines? Maybe green or blue! So much difference!

What chapter is that guy? Some kind of Deathwatch member or BA successor?

They can still take Contemptors(But only the Forgeworld Variant), Deredeos, and Leviathans. If that's a small consolation.

If you want to use your geedubs contemptor, literally nothing is stopping you from just using the FW rules for it with the same loadout.

>all these faggot CSMfags went from wailing about how OP C:SM is to drooling over how OP C:CSM is

Fucking hypocrites, the lot of you. That's the one thing I hate about this place the most, not the stupidity, not the arrogance, not the shitposting, not the /pol/ cancer, but the sheer hypocrisy.

>Slaanesh Wargear
I missed it, where?

This makes me moist

Looks to be Consecrators.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but fuck is this demotivating to try to get into this game.

I play IG and Tyranids, I get it. But you don't need to sperg out that the signature IP of the setting gets the first codexes. We'll get ours, just chill yourself.

Sorta like how CSMfags kept bitching about not getting drop pods and then suddenly never hearing a word about drop pods in 8E when they were no longer good?

You never heard marinefags gushing or circlejerking over their OP chapter tactics either, but apparently the most cancerous faction on Veeky Forums is SMfags according to who? Of course, the faggot Taufags and CSMfags who have the largest amount of shitposters.

>(you) need a nap.

Humans are hypocrites user, it's are most defining aspect

how many?

As an ork player with a ton of footslogging boys and characters, I find it really goddamn hard to keep my bosses/meks etc in a position where they can join the charge, but not get fucking creamed in the back

Like I have my warboss join the melee and I leave a gap with my boys, but then after fight consolidation I find my opponents are usually able to drop something in deepstrike or a flier to shoot him in the ass

Apparently you will now need to have ten or more pink horrors to cast d3 mwounds smite, otherwise it is only one mwound.

>pusscleaver
>not slaanesh

Eye of T is pretty shit desu

Whatever you chucklefucks we're gloating all over the place and after the hype for their codex is over it won't be so bad just like with your shit have a couple seats fag.
> impartial Xenos player.

thats breddy gud

We were annoyed you got yours first during a campaign, now we're excited the playing field is even and your 12 year old thick painters are going back to school.
>it's drugs
I knew it! I'm happy! Cocaine fuelled Daemon Princes in close combat!

It it... Dare I say it... Too loud?

>impartial Xenos player
>after 7E: xenos edition

Interesting art. Consecrators are rarely if ever represented.

Honestyl, people who look at pic related and go "Yeah, those are cool and epic, I wanna collect CSM!" must be pretty shitty humans anyways.

No Alpha Legion players gushing about how the Space Marine codex totally represents them better either.

Go to bed Timmy.

First aura in Xenos 1: "Your opponent must subract 1 from all hit rolls for ranged weapons that target the psyker or friendly Asuryani infantry or asuryanibiker units within 3" of the psyker until your next psychic phase"

Most auras usually read something like "You can reroll hits of 1 for friendly units within 6." Ask yourself these simple questsions: does the guy with the aura meet the criteria? Am I within 6" of myself? How the fuck do auras in most videogames work?

I'm sure some kind user brought up the FAQ already.

This should be a problem with hordes, it's a fundemental question. The easiest answer is cut back on the number of sloggers

I've been told I want to keep Vulkan in a vehicle to move him around, so the Repulsor being the only vehicle capable of moving Primaris units, and not capable of moving any other units is super fucking lame, unless they make a Primaris Vulkan He'stan or something gay like that.

One silly idea I had was to put him in a Razorback with heavy flamers, and then have him go in with a 5 person sternguard squad armed with two heavy flamers and three combi-flamers, though.

I feel like mixing melta and flamer might be better though, but the flaming homos squad would be a fun thing to pull out.

Also are melee terminators good? I think it would be fun to mash together some TH/SS termies with a termie librarian and chaplain and be able to teleport strike those dudes in to be rude at people, but the terminators can only move 5" and need to get a good roll on charging to do anything the turn they arrive which I feels limits their usefulness, but I don't want to sink the points on a Land Raider for them when I already have a Venerable Dreadnought, a Chaplain Dreadnought and two Ironclads eating up points for my list.

>Not wanting a S14 Chaos Lord who strikes first a Chain Fist

>*du hast plays loudly in the background*

>calling others children
>MUH COCAINE
>SO COOL
>LOL DRUGS
>faggots can't even spell properly with barely legible posts strewn across the entire general
>"it it"
>"it's are"

It's you faggots who really ought to be going back to school.

Whew I was in the Slannesh mindset and saw.
> puss cleaver
Time for bed.

Its fan art.

Derp, forgot mah pic

Chaos players unleash your grinders upon Konor!

>Orks
>Xenos edition

Dark eldar 7th doe breh?