Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Hydra Dominatus Edition

>Alpha Legion (and I guess Chaos as a whole)
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Alpha Legion winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to Alpharius.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Alpharius' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki//m/
jadedgamercast.com/2013/02/26/how-to-create-a-space-marine-chapter/
wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/chaos-master-of-crusade/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am Alpharius.

make room for girlyman in there ..

holy fucking shit abadon the despoiler is going to be beastmode chaos army!!!!

(see pic)

1 point cheaper than codex indext.. 4+invuln (has mark of tzench) sorceror of tzench can cast spell on him to make his invuln 3+

still re-roll misses
still units wihin 12" auto pass morale
WARMASTER: IF HE IS YOUR WARLORD YOU GAIN AN ADDITIONAL +2 COMMAND POINTS.

Loyal faggots BTFO.
Chaos Space Marine Christmas has begun!!!!
how can girleyman even compete??

Third for Magnus did nothing wrong

>Girlyman is Omeg in some fan theories
Made me chuckle at least.

Also holy shit Abadon found his arms finally. Can't wait to face him down.

Deployment solely of soul grinders when?

/m/, the most chaotic board on Veeky Forums, might throw their hat into Konor. They got a strawpoll to make Japanese news so this might be worth bringing up.

Reposting because bored

Anyone else encountered a club that makes everyone roll from cups/other containers rather than your hand?

They said something about people being able to cheat by manipulating rolls, which seems vaguely possible but also incredibly paranoid and it really ruins the atmosphere

That never happened anyway. The Necrons blew up a machine to kill loads of Nids. That's it. They weren't interested in helping the BA especially after Dante tried to kill whatshisface The Traveller.

Nah that was my final humour chevron sentence.

It was sarcasm mate. As for a 'paragraph of text in the rulebook', I'm talking about the novel mate. There is a novel about the event.

Ninth for Talos. What are your plans 8th legion bros? Stripping and repainting my NL contemptor and ordering some night lord upgrade parts from Uncle Xiao for some fresh Chosen boyos.

When you stop fucking posting about it and do it

Currently weighing the pros and cons of making a homebrew SM chapter. Is using a homebrew chapter seen as weird or faggy to other players?

user, I hate to tell you this, but that's nowhere close to guilliman levels of cheese. That's calgar levels, hell all he has over calgar is the morale bubble, +1T and the extra attacks from Drach'nyen. All that for 52 points more.

He's good, but you really need to improve your ability to judge units at a glance.

>The most chaotic board
>/m/
U wot

So, how do people run Abaddon "The last fucker with a 2E era Terminator model" the Despoiler nowadays?

Kitbashed Cataphracti Terminator? The FW Heresy era model?

It doesn't seem so, I'm just getting into the hobby and it seems encouraged

Accept the fact that whenever the Nids are about to "eat" a major faction. Something is going to stop them. They are simply the NPCest of the NPCs.

You get to eat minor chapters and other things like that.

We will return

Depends entirely on what you want to do.
So what are you thinking about for a homebrewed chapter?

1d4chan.org/wiki//m/

The board has devolved into anarchy and Malal is considered their chaos god there because everyone fights anything and everything in their path. It got extremely fucking bad in 2013 and never recovered.

i use my 2nd edition model. (fuck crapcast) till a new one comes out.

i thought about converting a horus heresy model of Horus (just gotta give him a top knot and a demon sword) but i can't justify the cost. maybe a recast one tho.) (and fuck all those spikes)

that would make my year. CSM becoming competettive (unless codex escalation kicks in)
and a race i wanted to play since 2nd edition finally returning...

Can be cool or the stupiest thing ever. It's up to you. Some advice: jadedgamercast.com/2013/02/26/how-to-create-a-space-marine-chapter/

You don't want to be the next guy to "take the knot."

Speaking of which, would you guys allow using named characters in successor chapters? I mean it might not make sense for Calgar to be hanging out with Howling Griffons but that doesn't mean I don't want to buy and play him.

Making your own dudes is better than ever before. Not only do you get to make your own dudes but you get to use whatever rules for them you want, even the rules from the named dudes. The only thing you can't do is bring the named heroes from some other chapter of dudes, but you can ally your dudes with the named dudes and bring a detachment of each if you want

At that point you'd be running the ultramarines keyword for everything, which is fine just at least put the effort into making it "counts as", so figure out who the Calgar of the howling griffons would be

wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/chaos-master-of-crusade/

>this holster

Will Grey Knights get Primaris Marines or is Cawl unable to fiddle with the Emperor's own geneseed to make Primaris GK?

Will Chapter upgrade sprues for Primaris come out with their releases? Like BA, SW and DA get their unique armour stuff? What about BT? It's putting me off buying them (probably a good thing lol).

So, Tox Trooper user, I have a question, and some tid bits when it comes to my faction. But firstly, what is the worst punishment for a Captured Plague Marine?

My current idea is called "The Dip", where giant boiling vats of chemicals are summoned, and the crippled Marines are slowly dissolved, inch by putrid inch, until they are totally dissolved. This fate takes about an hour, and are usually witnessed by both captives and troopers alike.

Some other ideas I has are:

Commissars assigned to the regiment are not only expected to keep up their hygiene, but to harshly punish troopers that are not meticulous in their own.

The Regiment has taken keenly to involving themselves in the health of their allies. Propoganda promoting cleanliness and immunizations often appear when fighting alongside them. However, posters are the least of their allies fears. There are rumors that circulate that the Tox Troopers have no qualms about "euthanizing" other regiments that have become infected with viral diseases.

The Tox Troopers themselves, in contrast to their grizzly method of war, are typically seen as hopeful and energetic, fueled by a mixture of revenge, zeal and a optimistid out look on life.

See
They just need to be a Ultramarines successor for it to work fluff-wise and make sure your opponent knows hey this is Calgar, just with a new coat of paint

What about it?

Given how popular primaris are, I'd expect the latter stuff to absolutely happen. Grey Knight Primaris is an open question though.

Are there any big third party warboss models? I want my bosses to reflect what they can do and be big fuckers

I was thinking either ultra, raven, or dark angels successors but im still not sure. I didnt what to do the typical "traitor legion loyalists" or "grey knights part 2" and just wanted to use a chapter with a fairly balanced way of warfare but is still kind of unique.

>what is the worst punishment for a Captured Plague Marine?
>My current idea is called "The Dip", where giant boiling vats of chemicals are summoned, and the crippled Marines are slowly dissolved, inch by putrid inch, until they are totally dissolved. This fate takes about an hour, and are usually witnessed by both captives and troopers alike.
They wouldn't care much. Plague Marines literally don't feel pain anymore.

Alright then, sounds absolutely fine to me

>would you guys allow using named characters in successor chapters?

You can run your Successor as "count as" Ultramarines with all the Ultra rules by the book. But they aren't really a successor at that point. Their Ultras painted red and yellow.

Grey Knights have the Emperors gene seed? I didn't know that

Plague Marines don't feel pain and you wouldn't be able to capture them alive.

Than what is the worst possible thing to a Nurglite?

That's a meme they are thousand sons successors anyone that tells you different is an A-hole.

bubble bath probably

He can't draw if it's that far back.

I don't know, what's the worst possible thing to a Tyranid? Sometimes it's nothing you can do.

Eh, I'm sure that if you pump enough las into them you'll eventually wind up blowing ones limbs off. Considering how durable they are, I doubt loosing all their limbs would actually kill them. If not, you can always run them over, and pin them under your tank, before brutalizing them.

>Will Grey Knights get Primaris Marines
Probably not. At least not until after a hypothetical point in the future when all marines have been converted to Primaris.

I don't see a pen/pencil on that model at all. Drawing with a power gauntlet on sounds hard as fuck anyway.

So, at the moment is there a way to run pure daemons without being totally underpowered?
I tried it but the lack of guns really hurt.
Infantry spam doesn't help when you don't benefit from cover and your invul save is only 5++.

Gotta find the brain bugs user

When Magnus is reformed and they are his marines again it'll be all gravy.

I wish I had that picture saved of a plague marine removing his helmet and melting the hazmat-wearing humans around him.

The Beast Arises series, final book, the Inquisitor tells another Inquisitor that the Grey Knights are made with the Emperor's own geneseed, just like the Custodes, and that they (GK) are superior to Custodes because they're all psykers. A secret to fight Chaos blahblahblah.

>When Magnus is reformed

>Will Chapter upgrade sprues for Primaris come out with their releases? Like BA, SW and DA get their unique armour stuff? What about BT? It's putting me off buying them (probably a good thing lol).

Maybe. But keep in mind that most of the stuff in the Smurfs Primaris Upgrade sprue is shoulderpads, heads and accesories. You can use other version of chapoter specific bits to mix in with your primaris right now just fine. DA are the only tricky one because robes. But for BA or Wolves just pick up a BA upgrade sprue or SW box.

What does a normal thousand sons list usually have? 2 units of rubrics, 3 or 4 tzangors , a unit of scarab occult and magnus? What do you usually take do deal with armor or is that magnus' job?

Brush his teeth

What do you think the dip is?
Tyrannids are a hivemind; the worst you could do is isolate, restrain and starve it. Plague Marines have a somewhat functional brain. Something must perturb them; I was thinking a chemical bath would be horrorific, since it annhiliates all life down to base compounds.

Daemons are cheap points-wise, if you want to run them without marine buddies I'd suggest running lots and lots of high wound character models in with big packs of lesser daemons. Force them to choose between shooting at high wounds characters that will tear ass and drop lots of smites and shooting at big blobs of little guys that will really mess all their shit up.

Not sure if you're going to win any tournaments, but nobody wins tournaments but the best of the best anyway.

You'll see. Us Sons will come back to our golden father, you'll fucking see!

Why would he ever wear the helmet than?

Anyone recognise the heads that have been used on these minis? Don't look like anything I'm familiar with but they look very good for AdMech

>the worst you could do is isolate, restrain and starve it.
Yeah, but then all you're doing is starving a wild animal, congrats?

Anyone got the Plague Marine page? Heard they got new weapon options.

I believe those are what are commonly referred to as "skulls", it's like the head bone of a human.

>GK fucking purge the evil part of magnus out using the bits the imperium still has
>they split down the middle during the process
>there's a fucking Chaos Magnus AND a Loyalist Magnus
>Ahriman and the boys are cured
>They follow Magnus back into the light
>Daemon Magnus makes more dust soldiers

ITS STUPID, BUT FUND IT

Well seeing as it's impossible to give successors special rules (since that'd be cool but terrible) being able to paint red and yellow Ultramarines without being gimped for it sounds good to me.

Because the bullet-resistant armor only protects the parts of him it actually covers.

For the more intelligent creatures it would be bad; Tyranid Warriors and up.

with how the crystals of his personality or whatever work this isn't too far fetched

I don't have any greater daemons and Daemon Prince is below 10 wounds now.
I have a Chariot I run as a herald, a Masque, a basic Daemon Prince, and my new custom Daemon Prince.
I do have a soul grinder, 30 daemonettes, and 10 seekers though.

Looks like one of the assassin heads. I doubt that's what you're looking for though.

WE'RE TTSD NOW BOYS

WHERE'S THE CUSTODES CODEX

They should have flipped it around so the grip was facing to the right.

Cheers m8.

Girlymans waifu already reverted the rubric to be a brutal bitch. Ahramin saw that shit starts testing ways to do it. Shows Magnus hey look! Redemption dust is flesh. Oshitwaddup.png

I heard Plague Marines got a price drop. Is this true?

>RUBRIC CRUSH

Basically, you just make your dudes, choose who they 'count-as' and play them with all that Chapter's rules, and it's gravy

2 points, and wait a bunch of new weapons.

They're now 19 instead of 21.

Cause them despair.

That's good. What kinda kit are we looking at?

Plague Weapons - reroll wound rolls of 1, seems all the new plague marine toys have this.

Plague Spewer - Heavy D6 S5 -1ap 1D Plague weapon auto hits not sure if its 8" or 9" range

Plague Belcher Assault D6 S4 0ap 1d plague weapon auto hits, also not sure if its 8 or 9 in range

Bubonic ax melee +1S -1AP 1D Plague Weapon

Mace of contagion melee +2S -1SP 3D plague weapon -1 to hit

Great Plague Cleaver melee X2S -3AP d6D plague weapon -1 to hit

Flail of corruption melee +2S -2AP 2D plague weapon, make d3 to hit rolls each time you attack with this weapon. Excess damage from this weapon is not lost, instead keep allocating damage to another model in the target unit until either all damage is allocated or the target is destroyed.(OMG non-mortal wounds carrying over)

Fluff pieces you like but will never come to anything?

>Terminus Decree
>The Hidden Threat Under Titan that can wipe out the entire GK Chapter

Certain sucessors have rules and characters. Flesh Tearers or all the FW Badab War ones for example. The point is that you're not allowed to have, for example, Dante and Seth under the same keyword.

I was thinking about what that was recently. I think it is instructions to pull the plug on the Throne and hope for the best

Is there anything this Gary Stu, cannot do?~

Those are all really great, user. It means Plague Marines are a serious CC unit now.

The deamon head could make some interesting conversion.

Plague Power Weapons are baller.

I can't wait for the new Plague Marine box.

I said: This is your God Emperor Of Mankind.

I'm hard just reading this.

Say no to Daddy

I've seen this before, I wish I saved it.