An important question

Who here thinks the Lamenters are Mary Sues?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vyGFM5CGnoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>literally the setting's fuckups
>Mary Sues

I'd believe it if the universe wasn't assfucking them without lube, consent or mercy. What brought the question on?

This question is indicative of the fact that we have lost our way irrevocably, never to return

youtube.com/watch?v=vyGFM5CGnoo

>do the right thing
>your friends and allies hate you more
It's like the opposite of Mary Sue

I could see why you'd think that if you didn't know what a Mary Sue was or how the Lamenter's lore went.

That song is one of maybe three things in that show that were good. The others being the main villain theme song, and the fact that there were worse ways to get fanservice I guess

Bruv, are you posting from bizarro world? The Lamenters are basically the truest form of This Guy in all of 40k. If they survive, they might go that way, but not now.

There is nothing wrong with fanservice and KLK was good, not the savior of anime race but good. Deal with it.

Mary Sues isn't the right term, but I do think they get a lot of love they don't deserve for being incredible fuckups of a marine chapter.

KLK isn't good. Plebs like you is why modern anime animation is so garbage. The last good animation I've seen was when Naruto Shipuuden spent all their budget on a 32 FPS fight scene between some puppet guy and Sakura so every other episode was shit-tacular, and one 2 second fight scene from FMP season 2.

All other anime, even ones that need it badly such as fighting ones, have shit animation.

>Naruto
At first I thought you might be serious but then I read that

Everything in 40k is Mary Sue.
It's what makes it fun.

They're more like nega-MarySues or something.
also
>HURR DURR LETS WASTE THESE PRECIOUS SUPERHUMANS THAT CAN BE MADE FROM 1 HUMAN IN A MILLION AND ALSO COSTS SHITLOADS OF MONEY TO SAVE DISEASE RIDDEN MINERS WHO WILL DIE IN 5 YEARS ANYWAY
I swear to god, they deserve everything they get.

Kill la kill is by far the worst series I have ever finished, the only compliments I can pay it is that it had pretty good animation and that it somehow compelled me to finish it. You can enjoy whatever the fuck you want and I won't judge you for that but I'm convinced that anyone that judges KLK as good from an even somewhat objective stance is an idiot. Like, not even playing around here, if YOU think that KLK is objectiveltly good, *I* think that you have objectively shit taste.

(But its okay to have shit taste my man, don't take this as a personal attack)

Whatever you say, my man

I agree with this guy on that KLK is shit. It has kinda good animation, I like the design, the music, but the writing is atrocious, it's made for ADD kids who can't concentrate on a single thing for more than 8 seconds so they need constant character in background saying cringy shit.

also, to add that, when I wacthed it for the first time when I was 17 (19 maybe? don't remember) I liked it a lot, even compared it to TTGL but with girls, recently tried to rewatch it and it was horrible, dropped it like steaming pile of shit after 5th episode.

The universe will bend itself over to accommodate a mary sue and ensure they are always right and everybody loves them.

The universe will bend over itself to fuck the Lamenters over in every conceivable way. They could destroy Chaos, fix the Golden Throne, wipe out the Orks and stop the Tyranids. Then during their victory parade they'd all spontaneously develop the Black Rage, kill everybody there, get wiped out via exterminatus, and be remembered as the most vile of traitors while the Ultramarines take credit for saving the galaxy.

>They're Mary Sue's!
>Try to do what they feel is the right thing
>Torn apart by the enemy time after time
>SM allies think they're chumps
>Inquisition thinks they're a Chaos Jelly Donut
>IG is probably wary of them
>Can't catch a break
>Lose Brothers just when someone gets up at night to piss and walks out the airlock on accident
>Can't catch a break
>Ever
>Mary Sue's
Take your (you) and go away.

Lamenters are Tragic Sue's Comically, impossibly unlucky for a vague and mysterious reason. they exist to have misfortune and woe heaped upon them

They're like an anime protagonist, but instead of getting in wacky situations involving girl's panties or whatever, there's only despair

>Lamenters marine is handling a krak grenade
>SoB trips on him
>cliche anime trope
>except the krak grenade detonates

>The last good animation I've seen was when Naruto Shipuuden
The fact that you enjoy Naburrito automatically invalidates your opinion.

Enjoy your psychotic ink smear vs. red lava bunny fight.

Even film students study Michael Bay films, scrub.

cory in the house is not a better anime than king of the hill. for the most part i agree that it is better than king of the hill, but i have several problems with it:

season 17 was far too religious for my liking with the whole satanic curse and rapture thing

the rape scene in season 4 episode 7 was unnecessary ass we have already been shown how much of psychopath Mr. president is. all it did was make we cry for an hour and a half

the battle between cory and the order of the old gods was far too long. i felt like they were just drawing it out to make more money

there was a huge plot hole in season 3 when the white house was teleported to the realm of chaos. shouldn't the celestial barrier that newt put up in season 1 stopped the magic circle from being completed

other than those few point i have to agree that cory in the house is one of the best animes ever made