Song of Swords: Discord is gay

Last time on Song of Swords:
Zells have big titties
Importance of Etiquette and Wits
Cleaning robots on a rampage

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded, and we're on the fast track to kicking ass baby.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.3. The next update will probably be called v1.4.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread.

We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room, but now we have a much better way to play Audatia: Tabletop Simulator! The (official!) mod for Audatia is now up and running!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/d66n2SW
youtube.com/watch?v=OIsBg9keH38
youtube.com/channel/UCP1_N78QN1Z5G24K-FBIbzg
youtube.com/watch?v=7jz4ptyVlrk
mediafire.com/folder/iz0m2xwfswf33/Artesia
warosu.org/tg/thread/S39229901#p39255300
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Aye and here is discord link in case you want to embrace the gayness
discord.gg/d66n2SW

Shameless self-bump

I've picked the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. homebrew back up again and did a little bit of work on it. Now back to doing fuck all for a few months again I guess.

Nice. Reminds me of a homebrew I once tried to do for Twilight 2013.

>Note that the latest version of the game is v1.3.
Fix the fucking OP before you make a thread.

You could have made the thread. You had the chance.

so did I

Sweet, look forward to checking out this iteration.

Love ya senpai

Some of this weird artifact stuff would have a good place in the regular Ballad setting too. Good work.

Oh great, you are giving Jimmy more ideas. Next update we will see Zells squatting upside down on the ceiling telling Rahoos to get out of here. And whalebone driftwood that becomes artifacts after drifting in the currents of the Void for years and soaking in its energies. And bloodsuckers. And damki. Do you enjoy yourself now?

Ballad will become the meme setting to rule all other meme settings. The prophecy has foretold this.

Tell me more about food, Jimmy.

No, tell me more about Kalmacia.

Please.

My game is tomorrow and I don't know anything about the place.

What do Ballad Zells call "The Floor is Lava?"

The Zellislava

Coastal slavic nation. Shit tons of agricultural produce, nation is built like a staircase down to the sea so defense is easy.

I've got that stuff. I need some real plot hooks.

Unfortunately, large countries have little to no depth in their description right now.

Sooooo, how are simultaneous maneuvers in melee combat resolved exactly? I dont understand.

Two character declare aggressive/aggressive. They choose their maneuver. The initiative roll is a tie.
"If they tie, the two characters resolve their Maneuvers against each other simultaneously, with all Stun and Pain being deferred until after both Maneuvers go through (this has the great potential to kill both fighters!)."
This much I get. They fuck each other up.

"If one fighter wins, than he resolves his Maneuver first, applies all effects of that Maneuver against his opponent, and only afterwards (if able), does the other character resolve their Maneuver."
Wins what? When does a character resolve his maneuver first?

Initiative roll, I think

The initiative roll, which is an opposed ADR+Range Bonus+Misc roll.

Oh shoot. I read that completely wrong.

OOh, yeah.

Any houserules for ranged combat? Maneuvers etc.?

>that ayy lmao relief above his head
kek

As to what you asked: I don't really know what maneuvers you'd do in Ranged combat. Not like there are millions of techniques like there are in melee combat. You aim, pull, release, hit/miss. Or you aim, pull the trigger, hit/miss.
Then again, I don't know much about ranged combat. Maybe there is much much more to it.

I've been toying with different ways to make ranged weapons lose damage over distance. So a bow wouldn't have the same damage at ten yards as it would 300 yards. I'm still tinkering with the exact formula though.

Firing at a high enough arc to reach maximum range with a bow should mean that the arrow is coming down at terminal velocity, which is less power than a flatter trajectory would have.

youtube.com/watch?v=OIsBg9keH38

The arc of an arrow is not that heavy unless you're aiming for range alone without any consideration for accuracy. Shooting for accuracy, which is how a bow would be used as opposed to Hollywood raining volleys, would be fairly flat.

>maximum range

>300 yards

You can still be decently accurate at that range if you're a well trained archer.

Yes, you can be decently accurate. But doing so requires a relatively flat shot, which means some power is going to be lost. That's why armor penetration, if possible at all, can only happen at extremely short ranges. You can conceivably shoot out much further, but you aren't going to be able to shoot accurately.

The best I can think of is re-adding Superior versions to ranged maneuvers.

Anyone run a game recently?

I'm desperately trying to get a Krajina game off the ground. Two weeks and we've had to cancel both times.

>You will never brutally oppress ciderniggers with your Slav-Norman friends

Sorry, Best Girl. The players are going down the route of revolting against the Krajini.

I can't wait to get my liberal friends to die for queen and country in the Void.

>not squatting on a boat and shooting anyone else who comes near you

youtube.com/channel/UCP1_N78QN1Z5G24K-FBIbzg

Is this guy legit?

Dunno, but seems lacking in presentation skill.

This. Pretty stuttery and kind of awkward. I don't think he's spouting bullshit though.

Been real quiet around here recently.

What comic is the Op pic from?

Cyanide and Happiness.

Artesia.

Try Googling some of the proper nouns in the image along with "comic" next time

I'd have run one already but I don't want it to come off as corny, I'm trying to synthesize a medieval english and slavic accent and have it actually sound good.

Make sure the Albish half is Anglo-Saxon and not Norman English.

Jebus.

Welcome to Vosca.

How the fuck does he come up with this shit?

Not infiltrating and destroying Chironite cells while being directed and funded by a mysterious patron.

It turns out the patron is Chironite Internal Affairs and you're doing his wetwork for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=7jz4ptyVlrk
>I haff never met ein patriot who was not ein SCHWEINHUND!

>samojeds
>the actual ancestors of the sami
>fleshturd monsters
JIMMY! MY SIDES!

Artesia. You can download it here, it has comic, RPG and some additional lore
mediafire.com/folder/iz0m2xwfswf33/Artesia

So, Jimmy hates pineapple on pizza. I knew there was a reason I didn't trust him.

I guess everyone has his faults, user.

I know it's probably not real high on the priority list, but should missile ranges be looked at? The vast majority of Thrown weapon has equal or better range than a Hunting Crossbow, and a few have better range than a Heavy Criossbow, which seems ludicrous.

The thrown weapons have numbers from the old way of calculating range, I think. They should actually probably have a range of like 3.

I wouldn't mind seeing heavy x-bows at 20 range anyways and hunting/light at 15, though I suppose the aim bonus makes up for this a bit.

And my respect for him increases.

>not liking pineapple, bacon, canadian bacon, jalapenos, and onions.

Some guy in my group wants to play a two-handing club wielder. Will he survive? How necessary are shields in this game? How can I make it work as a GM?

Ohanedin, knobbed mace, light armor talent tree.
Alternatively, go as heavily armored as possible.

It's actually pretty valid imo, clubs (maces in-game) can be pretty hurtful and debilitating.

Ohanedin is perfect. I had not taken a closer look at the other races and hewmahn seemed to be too puny for the clubmeisterschaft.

Sounds good if you throw jalapenos out. I like my pineapples on pizza with lots of cheese and onions.

A human with decent armor would work too, but if you insist on a club and not just a mace or other blunt implement the Ohanedin build is both extremely powerful and close to fluff.

Patrician choice:
Broccoli, red onions, almonds cut into thin sticks and gently roasted, a spritzer sauce hollondaise.

>Broccoli
Never tried those on pizza. Are they good?

Depends on the cook and the quality of the vegetable. Just try it out. If your go to pizza joint is a little overconfident with the amount of topping, tell'em: Eh Marco, scoozi, not'a so many broccolis. Grazie.

>almonds & hollondaise
Does that beat Red Onions, Bacon, Pulled Pork, BBQ Sauce

New York style pepperoni only. Keep it simple!

Thanks for helping guys!

Lame as hell bro. How can someone with such an extensive maneuver list have such a limited toppings list?

Sweet Thai Chili Chicken 4 lyfe!

O-din are great because you don't really need to worry about your weapons DTN.

All pizza is good, as long as it isn't fucking Chicago style.

Why is it always ham & pineapple and not pepperoni & pineapple?

Chicago style's really just a flattee bread bowl.

I ran my first session last weekend.

Hawaiians are really into ham.

I like both. And bacon.

>jimmy stops by the thread
>only to shitpost about pizza
Where's our tepid tuesday loredump?

How is switching weapons during a melee bout handled?

Dropping a weapon usually costs no CP,. To quick draw a weapon, there's a maneuver for it under Weapon Attack maneuvers.

You're supposed to be able to draw a weapon over the course of one Action as a miscellaneous action, but that part was accidentally removed from 2.0. All it requires is you have at least 1 die in your CP. If you get overshocked before you complete it, it fails. That's also how you're supposed to get up from prone.

Does this include large weapons like 2H Blunt or Polearms?

Remember that you also choose your active proficiency at the start of each round.

Jimmy, you've forgotten to tell us the most important things of a fictional setting. The food. What's food in the Void now like? Are their swathes of frozen goods and cans lining Chironite department stores? Can I buy a sandwich for eighty shillings in Albion?

If you don't have answer, surely someone else does. For anyone that's run a game in the Ballad setting, what's food like?

>forgotten
warosu.org/tg/thread/S39229901#p39255300

But yeah, we don't know what farms look like in the Void.

That seems to be a Vosca rather than Void post.

Sinking into the depths is not what this thread was made for

I'd love to sink into her depths though.

SoS threads are a rare form of Din. Their focus is fechting and devouring lore nuggets as an Orredin would magestone.

When a thread is denied it's focus it becomes mortal again and ages until death creeps up in it's sleep as the decrepit Din lies friendless and alone.

Din accidental deaths must be real fun, like falling off a flight of stairs or ingesting the gold-cyanide solution instead of a beaker of water

>fechting
Btw have we had fecht in the newest 2.0 version yet?

What are the RS for surgeries (Difficult, Miracle, etc.) supposed to be?

on page 99 of 2.0 it defines the RS for performing a surgery as "Wound level x2", so wound level 4 would be 8 RS

Alright, thanks

Ctrl+F is your friend