Freespace in 40k

Shivans and Vishnans roll into the 40k galaxy and have taken their own fucker with them. What happens as a result of this Veeky Forums?

Bump.

>Vishnans
Well non-canon pseudophilosophical wank doesn't have much of an effect, so when the Shivans show up, they get thoroughly trounced by basically everybody, because the Freespace universe doesn't stand a chance against the 40k universe.

>Well non-canon pseudophilosophical wank doesn't have much of an effect.
Sorry, but Blue Planet shall be taken as canon for the purpose of this.

fanwank.

>longest most powerful ship is 5km
>basic Imperial Cruiser is 5km
>Freespace combat dictated mostly by small fighters in small squadrons
>Imperial cruisers pour out fighters by the dozen and make enemy attack craft into mince meat
>larger ships don't have firepower to scale or have to be relatively immobile to fire the most powerful weapons
Freespace combat doesn't match up in scale to what they'd be facing in 40k, you'd need the most powerful ships to take on basic Imperial Navy cruisers and they'd get blasted by cannon shells that are the size of the small cruisers. Fighter combat is negligible in 40k, it's all about space galleons broadsiding one another

40k is just as much a slave to its own wank stick as you would say that Blue Planet is, so I don't see your point there.

Blue Planet is a bunch of amateurs twisting a largely secular science fiction setting into their own story that might as well be its own thing.

It is about as relevant to the actual setting as the Knights Inductor or the Hektor Heresy are to 40k.

>Blue Planet is a bunch of amateurs twisting a largely secular science fiction setting into their own story that might as well be its own thing.
And current 40k "fluff" is irredeemable shit that can barely be called Warhammer anymore, so that point is moot.

I actually like, say, Text-to-Speech quite a bit more than contemporary 40k lore, but that doesn't mean I can use it to throw around as if it's in any way relevant to actual canon. The same holds true for Blue Planet.

There's also nothing to discuss. The GTVA can fight the Shivans on reasonably even ground, and they'll get crushed into a fine paste by anybody in the 40k universe, Tau included. The Shivans would not fare much better.

I don't give a shit about whatever "blue planet" is, fanwank is what the result of this thread will be, just like every "what if x was in y?" thread.

Its always stupid, pointless and achieves nothing, just people wanking over their prefered faction.

fuck you.

>The GTVA can fight the Shivans on reasonably even ground
If we are talking about Blue Planet Shivans, then not really, no. The GTVA only continue to exist because the Shivans see *something* inherent within humanity that they want, same with the Vishnans. Destroying them in one fell swoop would ruin their chances of getting that *something*

>Shivans see *something* inherent within humanity that they want

Was gonna ask what this Blue Planet shit is, but now I don't even want to know.

It isn't that they seek to preserve humans or even the concept of "humanity". Every human being could die and their existence could be burnt away, so long as they got what they wanted out of them. Neither they nor the I shians give a damn about us. All they care about is finding a way to survive "ontovoric threats" such as the Great Darkness. We can all go die in a raging inferno for all they care.
>"local autonomous strategic response underway. no additional cull triggered: threshold inflamed but external heuristic injection HOLD."
>"strategic impulse: orion arm arteria threatened: coagulate, coordinate, repel"

>trying to argue a fan-made campagin is canon
how pathetic can you you get?

We just had this fucking thread. Go suck on a Helios.

Still "there's something special about you and we must find out what it is."

I'm sure OP will find new depths to sink to for our nauseation.

>how pathetic can you you get?
Aren't 40kids the same ones to argue how "THE IMPERIUMZ IS SUPA STRONKZ AND CAN BEAT ANYONES EVAR1110!!!11"? Seems that they are far more pathetic in terms of how they try to argue things.

>But they did!

Grow up.

>Grow up.
You first, Little Bit.
>"apatic anima disseminate: engineer transabyssal gate. strategic transitional event imminent. notify exostotic elements. cognicide contingency to active."
>"apatic anima supervisory issues covert resolution: execute roadblock. generate transabyssal connection. stand by."

No, really. Trying to justify your own shit by pointing to something someone else supposedly did is spot fucking on for a seventeen year old with the emotional maturity of a seven year old and a brilliant career in shoplifting ahead of him. Yeah, nobody wants your fucking crossover fanfic, not 40k fans, and sure as hell no Freespace fans. Tough shit, grow up and get over it.

its still arguing using canon.

cry more

Man, you are angry. Having trouble at home my dear mouth breathing Reddit friend?

love freespace. Not shitty vs threads

>its still arguing using canon
Shit type canon that is just as bad as the shit Carnac dredges up for his Chaos wankery. So kindly, fuck off.

trying to figure out if OP is 12 or actually autistic

>I don't like it so that means my fanon counts more!
>REEEEE

You argument is bad, your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Perhaps the Latter? Perhaps it is a Tzeentchian trick?

Your meme is old, and overused. Find a better one.

No thanks ;)

>Blue Planet is a bunch of amateurs twisting a largely secular science fiction setting into their own story that might as well be its own thing.
Actually, part 2 of Blue Planet (War in Heaven) goes *really* far out of its way, to the point of protesting *way* too much, to ram it down your throat that "No, nothing spiritual or mystical going on here! It's all cold hard secular determinism and materialism! What you thought were psychic phenomena are really just brain chemicals or some shit! The aliens you thought were good are actually evil! In fact, *everyone* is evil, including your new player character! Your only hope for survival is to sell your metaphorical soul (metaphorical, of course, because souls don't actually exist, because like we said, nothing spiritual here). It's literally impossible to win, because the enemy is literally unstoppable!"

If anything, War in Heaven seems intent on turning Blue Planet into 40k. I really didn't like it at all.

And they're the ones that War in Heaven tells us we need to *ally* with. Unless they pull something out of their ass for part 3, everyone is completely fucked no matter what. Of course, Laporte couldn't care less as long as she gets to go down on Simms. I don't think any game has ever made me hate the player character more than War in Heaven did.

WIH manages to make itself more grimdark and hopeless than 40k itself, which is quite a feat. Universal Truth is pretty cool though.

If you mean Age of Aquarius Universal Truth, then I agree.

>WIH manages to make itself more grimdark and hopeless than 40k itself, which is quite a feat.
Probably because it plays it completely straight. 40k, on the other hand, isn't really meant to be taken seriously.

You can't take grimdark seriously. That's just being an edgelord.

Is there anything in TtS infodumps that greatly diverges from canon? I don't mean the plot and what the characters do, but what they say about the galaxy and each other.

I can't help but take things seriously, though, so 40k has never appealed to me. I just don't have it in me to look at all the awful shit in 40k and not get depressed.