EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Nothing from Nothing" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your favorite piece of colorless tech?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/
discord.gg/4f4gz
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/marath-wip-4/
youtube.com/watch?v=nX2anEXG0eE
youtube.com/watch?v=A97-TFtnYDs
youtube.com/watch?v=P6ho3jU4bzM
youtube.com/watch?v=cdi-CMwSXlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
youtube.com/watch?v=VJhnRQAkTC4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4tqNJGSNs
youtube.com/watch?v=mKV3GC0RERs
youtube.com/watch?v=_TanRJlb3NI
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzo3atXtm54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Either Mirage Mirror or Moonring Mirror. Mirage is great for shenanigans while Moonring is great for decks that are lacking in draw power. That and it fucks with people.

Claws of Gix.

First for Boros did nothing to deserve this treatment from WotC.
>Thread Question
pic related
Dumping my hand on top in response to a tutor/shuffle effect makes me moist.

Does that card work with an empty hand?

Yes.

>favorite colorless tech
Amulet of vigor, lots of tapdown cards in the meta and modt land tutors make them come in tapped. I would say sofaf but the tricks I do with it are basically all white.

Ornate Kanzashi. I love that card so much, especially when someone drops a "top-of-library" tutor

Sundial of the Infinite is my favorite colorless tech card bar none.

What he said. I've barreled into a turn 2 Angry Omnath with that fucker, and it makes every risky tapland like the fastlands so much safer.

Every damn week I learn about some obscure rare from Kamigawa, I swear

>friends laugh about my Karoos
>T1 Amulet
Who's laughing now bitch?

That still nets only 2 mana turn 2 unless you mean Ravnica Karoos.

Literally this. I fucking LOVE Null Brooch

>turn 2 Angry Omnath
What the fuck how

Doesn't he cost like 7

Asking again due to lack of response last thread
What removal should I have in Locust God? I'm new to building Izzet, so its not all that familiar to me.
I know that Vandalblast and Cyclonic Rift are auto-includes, but I don't know what else.

Blasphemous Act for damage, I like running Wash Out, and Curse of the Swine gets you exile in colors that don't usually get it

T1 Land, Amulet of Vigor
T2 Float 1, Gruul Turf, Float 2, Summer Bloom, 3x Gruul Turf, Angry Omnath.

Chaos Warp, Reality Shift, Pongify, and Rapid Hybridization are all solid.

Cool card, God aweful flavor text

Traft approves of this.

So not in EDH, got it.

You play Gruul Turf, stack the triggers so it untaps, you tap it to float GR, then it bounces itself and you play it again. Please try to think.

that is an EDH legal play, the fuck you talking about

I run it along with Uba Mask (and sometimes other cast-from-library nonsense) in CA-starved brews, typically monored or boros. It's really funny to watch players flail under that kind of CA oppression.

Beautiful, im going to steal this one. I have one too many tutors but i needed something with lands.

Ah, sorry, its late I somehow took "You are using a full playset of turf" from that and didn't remember you could self-bounce karoos.

Grab it before Modern gets something that breaks it. It's one of the best 1-mana artifacts in EDH and makes your manabase rock solid when you draw it.

Ive already got my amulet, I just fucking forgot summer bloom was a thing once amulet bloom got fucked in modern.

And of course all of those cards are at least good in Omnath. Vigor lets you get slower lands fast, Turf means you'll get consistent Landfall triggers, and Summer Bloom can get out of control fast if you recur it.
Summer Bloom and Cloudpost in Amulet Bloom and 12 Post are both banned, making amulet unlikely to spike.

>placed a tcg direct order over a week ago
>it's not here yet

Do you have tracking on it?

It can happen. Go to your account and check when it shipped and when it's expected to deliver.

>made a $50 order a week ago for some important lands and parts for Taigam
>literally just put in another $25 order that is nothing but stabilizers like Concentrate and Beast Within because I got excited speccing on Wizard bullshit for C17 and forgot it

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/

How the hell is Ghost Council of Orzhova tied for best Orchov commander?
Is it really an equal to Teysa? Or superior to Karlov and Ayli?
Is there some reliable infinite-bounce combo in Orchov that I don't know about?

I know that this list isn't official or anything, but what was their logic here?

excuse me if I'm wrong but if you have infinite mana he can sac himself and keep coming back and win right?

nope, they apparently don't provide a number for small orders

>what was their logic here
There wasn't any. It's """"""""""""""""""""""""competitive"""""""""""""""""""""""", so anything outside Tier 2 is them talking out of their asses.

He would he come back after sacrificing himself?

You'd just recast him.

Sure wouldn't, gotta pay the cost before you get the ability

How can I make my Conspire deck more reliable
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/

I like running the Diamonds with it.

mfw making my third order today because i keep changing my mind on shit

Im considering Tempt with Vengeance with
Ezuri's Predation but it feels jank without tutors.

The list is overwhelmingly biased towards commanders that are combo pieces. Most of the lists consist of trying to get a single combo out as fast as possible and building the deck around it.

thats how my Wort deck one a game with it last Friday

>Soldier deck makes a bunch of tokens against a Locust God deck
>I casted Ezuri's Predation and conspired it 2 times
>Have a shitload of tokens now
>casted Goblin Bombardment the same turn
>win the game by saccing every token and still have enough left over

what would you recommend I take out of the deck I have the hardest time choosing

Speaking of EP, I almost lived the dream tonight, boys.

>Had, among other things on the board, Fires of Yavimaya, Zendikar Resurgent and Collective Blessing
>Play AEther Charge, then True Conviction
>no one really bats an eye
>EZURI'S PREDATION
>About to shit 15 7/7 lifelinkers onto the board, gaining 11 life per between fighting and Charging, before swinging in with the team

>Here comes my older bro, being Captain Funkiller
>Activate Mageta the Lion, force me to Boros Charm and keep my dudes around
>Only end up getting 4 7/7s, and his Avacyn, Angel of Hope keeps me from really doing anything to clear the board

feels bad, man.

Looking form your deck, I assume you're going for a tribal goblin aggro strategy, which I think you might be going for that instead of spellslinging with conspire.

You also need more card draw enablers instead of that many tutors.

Staff of Domination doesn't feel right with a Wort Conspire deck either. Many of those non-thornbite staff untap cards seems unnecessary as well.

>sold over 50 europoors of stuff
>send it to some guy in Spain
>its stuck in some customs limbo
>two weeks have passed now

I fucking hate dealing with paella-eaters.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
Haha, OP
Haha, OP

>Dropping that kind of play when someone has a fucking Mageta on the field
Did you expect him to just sit back and let you gain all that life?
Politics are fun and all, but letting you get ahead when they're in a position to stop you is not something most players would do except maybe when there's another, even bigger threat at the table and they're hoping you two would duke it out before finishing them off.

Not at all, theres 27 sorceries and 9 instants in the deck. Tutors are for the combos pieces, I can't fetch artifacts so I need a few untap equipments to keep using krenko, its entirely about generating creatures to conspire with then wiping everyone out with and X spell. Warchief and Cheiftan are there for haste so we can tap tokens immediately

pls no bully

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/marath-wip-4/

>order shit from shops 8 states away
>make the order over a certain amount so I get free shipping as per some customs
>they lose $20-40 in shipping
Fuck em.

I don't think you know how this game works
>comspierd it 2 times
you can only copy a spell once with conspire unless the spell has multiple instances of conspire it gives you a single trigger of "you may tap 2 creatures that share a colour to copy it" the function is similar to the trigger on Rith the Awakener or Crosis the Purger in that you are only given the opportunity to perform the action once
even if you casted Ezuri's Predation multiple time the fight part is resolved along with the spell so you would only get another token if the creature was still alive after the first fight, the third Ezuri's Predation would only create a token if there was a creature with effectively 9 toughness or more

this all hinges on the fact that you don't have a Mirror Gallery and two Wort the Raidmother but even though EDH is a mostly casual format you still should play by the actual rules of the game

Every spell has conspire including the conspired spell copy, so you can conspire as many times as you like

Am I a retard?
>35(Land)+15(ManaRamp)+10(Tutor)+11(Tokens)+8(Spice)+8(ComboEnabler)+5(Retrieval)+7(Draw)+3(Buffs)
>35+15+10+11+8+8+5+7+3=102
If I'm right, I think it has something to do with your custom sorting of the decklist.

some cards are in 2 categories, you counted Planes Walker and Mana Echoes twice

>Each red or green instant or sorcery spell you CAST has Conspire.
>As you CAST the spell, you may tap two untapped creatures you control that share a color with it. When you do, COPY it and you may choose new targets for the COPY.
Veeky Forums can't play Magic. The copies are not cast and thus do not have Conspire.

sadly yes. Conspire only happens one time unless the spell has a conspire effect by itself.

>(As you cast the spell, you may tap two untapped creatures you control that share a color with it. When you do, copy it and you may choose new targets for the copy.)
>As you cast the spell . . . copy
>cast . . .copy

wrong, the copy made from conspiring the originally cast spell is never cast but placed onto the stack. Since the copy was never cast, it will not trigger an additional conspire option.

mana echoes was in that list once, the other instance was from a portion of the Revisions, at the bottom of the page

what is Planes Walker?

the update feed is completely broken... my mistake , its Gaea's Cradle and Xenagos, the Reveler is the planeswalker

Gotcha. If I ever get around to building Gruul, Wort Control would probably be my choice. You don't seem to be running much removal. Is artifice and the like not too prominent in your meta?

I have a very odd request:

How do I goodstuff.dec with pic related? As in, how many cards do I need to devote to ramp/card draw/threats? Decks I build are usually around the Commander and I want something that's more about a good 99 and just utility in the Command Zone.

I plan on running Infinites that revolve around Mazirek and/or Mikeaus if that helps.

Also, I'm not interested in running any Constellation effects.

>but Pharika is bad
Maybe. But her art is fucking sick so I don't care.

>Veeky Forums can't play Magic
I come here and shitpost about things that never happened and get told off so I can slowly gain experience since I've never played the game before

PRAISE SNEK

If this were true, Conspire would be up there with Storm in terms of wide-open busted mechanics

consider the follo-
>Also, I'm not interested in running any Constellation effects.

Nigger, Eidolon of Blossoms was MADE for her.

Yea,shes not that useful outside of the constellation effects shed be good for imo, papprika was a disappointment to this G/B player

but Pharika is bad

So does eternal scourge do anything? What is it useful for?Is it just sac fodder you don't care if it gets exiled stapled on an on curve beater? Please enlighten me.

Scourge and Food Chain makes infinite mana for any creature spells, including an infinite amount of mana to pump into Walking Ballista.

Secret tech for neheb, I like it

Two colours that have a lot of board wipe, and a voltron commander that can stick around through it all to deliver the beats and dodge attempts to shut that plan down all for 1 mana.

>cast mob rule to steal viscera seer and sac peoples boards
>viscera seer sacs self in response

fuck me I'm an idiot.
post your worst plays /edh/

I mean, I considered it. I currently only run about 7 enchantments atm (Sylvan Library, Necropotence, Phyrexian Arena, Grave Pact/Dictate, Defense of the Heart, and Living Plane). If I end up actually converting my own shit to snakes I'll put her in.

That Eldrazi is interesting but I'm wary about its inclusion, after finding out Misthollow Griffon in a Tasigur deck is too much an investment.

k

Converting my own stuff often* what I meant to say

I know that you cant conspire the copies, but you can absolutely conspire copy spells and get 4 of a spell on the stack.

Target Spell

>been playing for at least 10 hours
>around 3 am
>untap, upkeep, Selvala Parley, draw
>everyone stares at me while I look at the board
>"...at least I gain life."

Oh off of a Fork effect? For sure

It gives you a reusable target for Pharika's ability to produce Deathtouch Enchantment creature Tokens

How do i make my 5c storm/combo deck better?
Anyone got a good listñ

Hour of Devastation is a pet card of mine.
Colorless ones like All Is Dust and Oblivion Stone are nice too.

You have your decks tuned for power.
And then you have your decks build for flavor.

Name your thematic commander and name it's theme song.

eg:
youtube.com/watch?v=nX2anEXG0eE

youtube.com/watch?v=A97-TFtnYDs

youtube.com/watch?v=P6ho3jU4bzM

youtube.com/watch?v=cdi-CMwSXlQ
including only old bordered cards none can resist the nod of appreciation even if it's weak.

Why was the Mirrodin block so cool
Sick song

Did this guy have any lore?
Song fits somehow even if he didn't

>favorite piece of colorless tech?

Sensei's Divining Top. Forever and always.

Stacking is too strong.

Literally the only thing I could think of for a creature called "Will of the Wild"

youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

also bonus music

the theme of EDH Gen

youtube.com/watch?v=VJhnRQAkTC4

When your infinite combo goes off

youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4tqNJGSNs

I've thought a lot on how to make a "pirate"-esque deck, but seeing how absolutely unhinged people get around the stealing mechanics my next train of thought is extremely heavy on table politics and manipulation. Problem is I still don't have a commander for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=mKV3GC0RERs

do you have your marath list avaliable online?

Deck list? I posted it earlier and no one responded.

>tfw been playing for years and had most of these just from collecting/trading
>everyone at my LGS thinks I bought this entire deck all in one go

Only things I bought were the revised dual lands because I had the spare cash.

empress galina for mono blue sea and stealing things themed commander
but if you need to ad black in there this boy still fits thematically

youtube.com/watch?v=_TanRJlb3NI
Taking his dreg reaver for a stroll

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzo3atXtm54