What's the best martial arts system?

What's the best martial arts system?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RZifh6nu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's the best martial arts system?

>that shitty CGI
>that terrible asain acting

What are some good wuxia shows I can watch for research and game application?

wuxia...shows?

as far as I know, the best wuxia comes from FILMS. I'm not even certain there -are- tv shows for the genre.

Just post the chinese doll show with the amazing fight scenes and we'll all pretend that you didn't post a ton of shitty, poorly acted wuxia shows.

Hero

GURPS Martial Arts. It's got a section for cinematic wuxia and chambara fighting, among other things, that is pretty robust.

He's right, that DOES look like Wonder Woman!

THUNDERBOLT FANTASY

Man, the live action "Day Without A Santa Claus" really went big on the CGI.

>wuxia shows
Well yeah there's the ones OP has been posting, those are definitely more TV quality.
>implying I haven't watched that and don't rag on people for not watching it because it had puppets

Best wuxia is from the Venom Mob. I would start with
5 Deadly Venoms and The Crippled Avengers

>GURPS

Yeah, because there's nothing quite like tracking a combat in which dozens of blows may be exchanged with a game that has one second combat rounds designed fully around the expectation you may waste some of them just moving.

yes

D&D, it's extreme epicness of win makes it the best system and has mot realistic martial arts, I recommend 5e or 3.5, 4e is poopy poopoo.

European. The others don't seem to go as far as dealing with armoured enemies afaik, and it has several reliable sources regarding dual sword wielding.

pastebin.com/RZifh6nu
>Real Life European Dual Sword Wielding

Although I concede that Ming is a close behind baceuse they had techniques for iron whips and tridents.

Oh yes, this might also be of interest in this thread.

This is a good read. I missed the thread.

Dude what. There's like eight live action TV series for Return of the Condor Heroes alone. No clue how many each for the other books in the series.

>tridents
Wouldn't that just be regular spear stuff?

I archived it if you wish to go over the entire thread.

Actually they were considered polearms and the treatises in question applied quarterstaff techniques into them.

The Ever Glorious and Harmonious Heaven and Earth Youth Association. Fear the mighty Tai Kwan Kick and the Feisty Slap of Pain!