Hebrew Lore and Mysticism

I recently dipped my toe in the water reading about the Khabbala and jewish mystics, and it's actually a gold mine. Any suggestions for an hebrew campaign, anons? I was thinking of using the Sephirot (tree of life, pic related) as the base for magic, and jewish millenarism could provide an endgame (the coming of the Messiah, or the joining of body and soul described by Maimon). For the gameplay part there's plenty of stuff like golems, nephilims or angels.

Please, give an ignorant gentile some inspiration

Other urls found in this thread:

unsongbook.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, for starters, there's the Jews that rape and murder the goyim's children as sacrifices for Moloch to attain worldly power.

Yeah but that's a bit shallow, isn't it? I don't want to run a pogrom campaign nor actually force my players to role jews, it's just meant as an inspiration for a regular fantasy campaign.

>the coming of the Messiah
Man, ain't it weird to read that in a hypothetical future tense

jews did 9/11

>jews did 9/11

The House of Saud is Jewish? Why didn't the Jews move to Saudi Arabia then, or to Yemen, where their most recent historic polity was located?

The Saudis did 9/11 and Dick Cheney allowed it to happen.

You could use the tale of the Wandering Jew (a jew who was made immortal to pay for his sins) to make an interesting encounter.
I suggest to read these two books: "Kabbala and Alchemy" by Arthur Schwarz and "the Pendulum of Foucalt" by Umberto Eco.
Hermeticism is also very interesting.

>The House of Saud is Jewish?
Yes, quite possibly. There's rumors about that if you go looking in the right places.

>Why didn't the Jews move to Saudi Arabia then, or to Yemen, where their most recent historic polity was located?
Because they want the Temple Mount back.

We took the Ein'Soph a couple weeks ago in a game I play. We're up against a lichy Edward Kelley, and in order to best him we need to learn all his freaky deeky Enochian shit. This stuff can definitely work in tabletop.

Explain? I have no idea what any of that means.

I had been thinking up a Kabbalahpunk game at one point, didn't get very far other than a vague Idea: The Tree of Life plays a central point, Those with proper occult knowledge can gain control of angels which are programs running on the tree of life which also is the tool by which reality is created, Kabbalistic mages do magic by hacking into the Tree of Life or something.

have you read Unsong? Its a pretty neat web-novel, think Urban Fantasy but rather than going tolkien or gothic they go Abrahamic.

are their any good videos that give a basic overview of Khabbala?

also any books that give a basic overview of it?

This looks autistic.

we had a great thread recently on abrahamic mythology, i'm really fascinated by this stuff

its pretty neat i must admit

i especially like hearing about the obscure stuff, like last thread someone brought up that necromancy is strangely common with tales like the Witch of Endor and Nero's Brother.

I'd look up this stuff myself but these books are too long and aint nobody got time for dat.

the obscure stuff has the best material for inspiration for Veeky Forums related stuff

agreed.

i still know very little, so if anyone has some neat tidbits i think it would get the thread going

I suppose I had better recommend unsongbook.com/ . It's not especially brilliant, but has a lot of stuff around khabbala-as-magic, and various things about that beleif system and legends behind it. Very pun heavy.

OP here, thanks for the replies. Can somebody explain to me the Adam Qadmon thing? From what I can understand it's at the same time the first man (symbolized among other things as the three of life), and a transcendental plane of existence, or in other words the projection of the first plane (God) on the fourth (the physical world). In the setting I'm planning, the villain wants to become Adam Qadmon, in order to achieve an higher spiritual level.

Maybe I should open a thread on /x/, but honestly it's just wankers and copypastas over there.

It is autistic, but if you're looking for inspiration on kabbalah-as-rpg-magic-system I'd say it's pretty good for that.

bump