Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Alpharius pls leave edition

>Chaos (and I guess Chaos as a whole)
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Omegas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jN_F0Gqe0_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for slaanesh

First of WAAAAGH!

Shoo shoo aspergers tranny

Not when they have to get past 3 melee armies to do it.

Hell Yes

Trying to be nice to a buddy of mine who's getting into the hobby and starting GK, thinking of gifting him a baby carrier since he liked the look of it, and also really liked the sound of being able to make it have a grand master in it. What might be some good ways to model a grandmaster in the carrier?
I heard white dwarf recently showed a conversion with Voldus, might a terminator get a similar effect? Please help.

>liking the look of the baby carrier
why tho

orks still I2

xth for GW needs to release DG termies already

>liking look of baby carrier
>friend
pick one

I dunno. It's his taste, not mine.

I'd just check out the WD article itself, see what goes into the conversion they do.

And multi-part plague marines. I need those MkII helmets and corrupt MkIII bits for my 30k.

What's the best way to draw kill counts on models?

Would micron pens work?

You know friends don't have to agree on everything right?

That too. I'm more excited for all the new plague melee weapons in the set.

Your micropenis would not work unfortunately. Too small.

>being friends with someone who likes the most hideous model gw ever produced
how?

Just use some GK terminator kit bits to spice up the model.

What are some freehands to do on I peril Fists to keep them interesting. I have 30 Primaris to paint.

I'm going to run some ideas past you guys.
> black flames on yellow background like you see on Orks
> castle wall top ( crenellations?) because siege
> checkers across a whole thigh plate.

I never said it was mine. Projecting much?

I didn't say he had good taste in friends.

Zog, they got us dis time.

Wez be more cunning next thread!

So I'm thinking of getting a small third army, just for fun to paint and to give me some options to play with.

One of the high things on my list is a Deff Dred style Ork list, but I'm really not up for a horde army; would this rough list be terrible? It doesn't have to be a tournament winner, just something that won't get tabled in one turn

50 PL because thats what everyone plays here

>Big Mek with KFF
>3 Meganobz
>2 Deff Dreds
>6 Killa Kans (in two squads)

Not a lot of feet on the ground, but not too much worse than some other elite forces for around that PL.

I think Killa Kans are great models and fluff, so I'd really like to build around them.

Well user, I certainly wasn't aware that you were a homosexual, having such plentiful access to cock.

Angron did nothing wrong

kek to both of you
the manlet in the centre looks like a squat

>Angeron did nothing wrong
ftfy

>the worst model GW has ever produced.
Odd, no one's talking about Chaos marines.

Checkers and flames?

Primaris, Bad Moons in disguise!

>cataphractii right shoulder pad and standard termie left shoulder pad
Butt why

Maybe he lost his original?

Because a lot of CSM are supposed to just be stealing shit from actual marines.

I actually really like the cobbled together look.

Have you looked at the terminator that comes in the DI box? He's in Cataphractii, but has Indomitus style pads.

That's deep

Alright how's this for Autistic diagnosis electro boogaloo
>necrons
Kinda powerful
>tyranids
Again post the list
>renegades
Fucking terrible
>daemons
If it wasn't power it wasn't broken

I scanned the white dwarf for you and you're so lazy you can't even search the archive for this Thursday

The guy who have the most fun games at my school has Corbyn as his cover photo on normiebook, friends don't have to be your clone

>school
>"normie" instead of normalfag
>normalfagbook
Underage b&

Is there way to win with Daemons without resorting to horror smite spam?
I'm seriously asking I don't know.

Play against retards or people who don't WAAC all the time.

>>renegades
>Fucking terrible
>>daemons
>If it wasn't power it wasn't broken
Renegades/Daemons were a separate match and were actually losing until the reinforcement. (They brought a Lord of Change to a 750 pt game)

As for the others, they are strong when there is no cover for the enemy to use. Especially when the enemy is semi-melee based but not good at it, and you can charge them turn 1.

Is a repulsor filled with 10 hellblasters enough anti-vehicle dakka for a standard 2k game?

Got damn it, my lgs has neither.

Are all armies going to get objective secured if battleforged?

Might be worth finding gaming clubs. I've noticed that people are more likely to be WAAC as fuck if you go to a GW-centric LGS or an actual GW store. Don't know why.

It's probably going to get worse now that GW are actively appealing to WAACfags with their faction focus shit on WHC.com

Sooo, any leaks yet on the point costs for the Plague Marine melee weapons yet?

Alternatives to the

Kabal of the format?

Why would you run them?

Plague Marines don't have good melee weapon stats.

grey knights SM and CSM get obsec in the codex

Yes

The Kabal

How do Space Hulk miniatures fare in size with the 40k ones? There are some very cool looking ones id like to buy.

GK are the least newbie friendly army in the game

You mean the ones in the Space Hulk boardgame? They're identically scaled to normal 40k miniatures. The terminators are probably the coolest BA terminators you can get.

>eye on the community site if you collect daemons
Oh my god what, is it good news?
It is a local gaming store, it's the only one.
It's mostly GW and MtG focused, but he also brings in niche hobbies if he can, and sells pokemon and yugioh cards on the side.
He's also a pretty cool guy, stocks the drink fridge on very little profit and some days at his expense, and he has a small library of codices and indices that either he's bought for the store so people who can't afford a codex right now can play, and lets newcomers playtest with his armies on the boards to see how they like the game, plus he doesn't charge us to use the boards and I play D&D there on wednesdays.
It's just the two most common games in his store are pretty WAAC heavy as the norm, or at least I figured it was the norm.

youtube.com/watch?v=jN_F0Gqe0_o

Fug

I'm so mad about this new chaos codex. Not only do I have to use my painted as Word Bearers marines as something else (because their rules suck absolute ass), I also don't want to use berserkers or invest hundreds of dollars into FW for transports like the dreadclaw.

>Not only do I have to use my painted as Word Bearers marines as something else

>lacking faith this badly

you were never a word bearer

Yes, those are the ones I ment. Im buying them right now then. Thanks.

Have faith Word Bearer.

>being disloyal to your Legion
>doesnt want to buy the good units
>its the Codex's Fault

and its not even out yet and theres only been like 3 Videos about it and Miniwargaming are turbo-autists that arent even good at the game

Every time.

>Quitting your army because of "bad" bonus rules

You don't know bad rules, ya grot.

Perhaps Death Guard and Daemons are getting a simultaneous release? I've heard that a new GUO model is slated for release (including a variant of Ku'gath since he is assaulting Ultramar with Mortarion) a completely new Nurgle daemon unit may be coming also.

Would make sense if they did.

Decided to convert my Dark Angels army to Fallen.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Nice quads but you forgot to spoiler tag the image

>mad about codex filled with unit buffs and ridiculously broken strategems like demonforge
what did he mean by this

One fallen have ben ascended by nigga

If I wanted to play berserkers I would have started World Eaters. Or play AoS as that game is also chaos=muh khorne now.
I wanted to use posessed and demons. Possessed still suck and summoning is now useless because tzeentch niggers decided to abuse the fuck out of GWs badly written system.

Wasted get.

What's the point of obsec for CSM? Why would I ever take anything as troops, since cult troops are stuck in the elite slot forever now?

>>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
You wish, Chaosfag. How's it feel getting your shit pushed in by the "NPC races" out of spite?

Because they get a second attack with those melee weapons? Because the Flail is fantastic, especially with a Chaos Lord along? Because a unit with those Axes is basically Power Axe Chosen + 1?

Just because they aren't Khorne Berzerkers doesn't mean they're a bad melee unit. In fact with Axes and an Icon they could be pretty nice at Elite infantry killing.

>Different coloured foam
>Case somehow opened and spilled models/spaghetti everywhere
>sick as fuck quads
I bet they were already broken or half assembled.

Flail and Cleaver don't get a second melee attack.

I get maybe the axe, maybe going 2 heavy flamer and axes in a rhino seems good, if its cheap though.

Power Axe is 5 points, and this has Plague Weapon so it will probably be 6 or 7 points which is quite expensive per model.

>not playing WE and EC

Cultists are cheap as fuck now, at 4 points per model. You can easily get 3 units of them to give you more command points and objective secured.

>NPCfags
That's imperialfags tho

Heavy flamers are 19 each.

I played a 2v2 PuG of Chaos vs Primaris this weekend for Konor and got rekt (I was on the chaos side). Having nearly 60 poxwalkers possibly wasn't a great strategy.

Fun as fuck though.

Point is chaos sucks.

>That's imperialfags tho
Imperials have won the first two weeks because of Xenos deducting wins from Chaos. There are stores that are literally 100% Imperium Controlled because of it.

The Adjective Nounverbers

But they're good.

If I had a Primaris army, I'd rather play against Xenos. If I win, it's a win for the Imperium. If I lose, it's a loss for Chaos.

The of

>First two weeks

Don't count your chickens yet, user.

Have you considered adding some scrimshaw bones or doing some Inuit inspired patterns to evoke traditions from Inwit?

I thought it was leaked in the codex previews that zerks and noise marines are no longer troops. I hope I'm wrong.

Yesterday I was at my local GW and a guy saw me playing Orks and just gave me the Ork plane from the Stormcloud Attack.

Which type of plane should I make? So far I'm leaning really hard towards the Dakkajet.

There's been rumours of magoths coming to 40k as well as glotkin as the new GUO, probably with an extra sprue of 40k bits like tzaangirs did.

>he didnt even paint the bottom of his tanks
Faggot deserved it.

Cultists are good. Troops also unlock the way to big money CP.

flames too orky, maybe the castle battlements idea but in a darker yellow or dim orange

If you lose its a loss for who ever the xenos picks, which can be imperium.