Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1658: Flying Castles Are Cool Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/WcCYY6DM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell us about your homes, jumpers

Normal Mage Tower adobe to lay in rest before going on vacation.

Would be a shame if something happened to those castles. They're real prone to explosions if you get what I'm saying.

Does anyone has an image of the Palace of the First Heaven from God of High School? That's basically what I am using.

I fused it with the Tower of Fate, the House of Mystery, the Stand house from Jorge Joestar and some other structures, but the form has basically remained the same since I got it.

i've got a pretty big city I run around in when I go home to bed. It's the warehouse, it's Gotten a bit quieter now that the grandkids have moved out into their own Archology

It looks like this.

It's kind of freaking huge.

I use friendship perks to sleep on couches for 10-year stretch.

Jumper, the friend that just won't leave.

I live out of my warehouse, like I imagine most jumpers would.
It's like El Dorado, if El Dorado's aesthetic wasn't "Aztec City of Gold" and was more like "Tenochtitlan, build with Aztechnology", which itself sits at the center of my Territory, which is an endless maze.

Despite spending much of my time in this newest world as a Chocobo, it has given Katia and myself a permanent home for the first time. I don't know how I know it'll follow us through the void, but I do, and it will. I figured it's just the Stone whispering to me again.

Anways, it's a simple stone house with a large main room and a bedroom off to one side of the massive fireplace. The door on the other side leads to a mechanical workshop, which Katia has no idea how to work and I lack to fingers to do anything useful with. So for now we pile our treasure in there and hang alchemical ingredients up to dry.

There are large pillows made for lounging all over the floor and thick rugs below those to ward off the chill of the stone in the winter. A pair of wooden chairs sit around a large table, but they don't get much use. I can't and Katia prefers the pillows. I do wish it had a dedicated kitchen though. Just because I've learned how to cook over a raw fire doesn't mean I don't miss being able to use a stove. At least we have an ice box, powered by a chunk of Ice Magicite, so some modern comforts are leaking in.

Outside the hut is a rather sizable chunk of land, not massive, but large enough for a plot of land to grow a small grove of trees and a garden. There's also a pond full of fish that swim around and around in their small world. It's waters are somehow magical and drinking it acts as a pretty decent healing potion. Don't ask me how that works, it took me forever to convince myself to try it considering fish poop in that regularly.

It's small and cold in the winter, but there's enough room for Katia and myself and that's all I really want at the moment.

>Aztechnology
So... A corrupt megacorporation with a penchant for blood magic and leaving areas suitable only for toxic spirits. But, hey, at least they've got style and good food!

How the fuck shitty Mexico became more relevant than any of the nations the US split into is beyond me.

Can Marvel Magic be considered a FTL jump ?

The drug cartels had better connections than the actual governments. And more money.
Seriously, the governments are largely irrelevant.

No, jumps are stationary objects, user.

Sad to say I'm homeless. Oh, sure, I'll buy a house or rent an apartment and tidy it up, add some cool things, but I move around to often. Usually I end up "living" in my office. There's always work to be done.

please elaborate.

My house is the Arrow Cross house, In the Foyer there is a statue that looks like pic related and that statue is arrow cross's avatar in what she uses as her human like form to walk around, she's a great house wife and homemaker

Missed the point, but okay.

Do you see the jump moving around? No, you don't, because it's a pdf file.

What I want to know is if the setting can be considered one with FTL tech

I'm currently living inside of some woman's asshole. I've made a rather nice, albeit whiffy, abode using space expansion magic.

Technically it's travelling at the speed of light (or at least about that fast, can't remember if it's slower), considering it travels from some server to my computer when I go to the drive

I deem you mentally capable of considering things, user. I believe in you.

Oh. Then yes, of course. It's Marvel, user, just because the jump focuses on the magic side doesn't mean that the cosmic spaceships aren't around. That's obvious.

Jump 1:Fate Extra

My heart is beating.

"This beautiful fox answers her emperors call! Let the contract serve as sign of our fated marriage my lord."

I'm alive. My hand is burning.

"Your call to fate is answered. It's time for you to awaken husband."

Why did I think I was dead? My mind began to race as I felt cold sweat drip off my forehead.

"Maybe I need to seal it with a kiss?" A warm weight settled on me.

That's when my wife shoved her tongue down my throat.

Her name is Tamamo no Mae. She's a fox witch from the late Heian period, my loyal servant, and charming wife. She's also a selfish young women who doesn't care at all for those she doesn't like. If you aren't her friend the best you can hope for is that she never notices you. She'll casually commit any evil for fun.

I of course didn't know that at the time. All I knew was a very beautiful girl was kissing me.

After that she explained the Holy Grail War to me. One hundred and twenty eight masters summon heroes, villains, and monsters from the Throne of Heroes to battle for them in a deadly tournament. She assured me that despite her low power right now the power o f our bond would let us win for sure.

Summoning a servant was supposedly a complicated process. I had done it while unconscious and having a nightmare. The results were less then ideal. Normally a three tailed Tamamo would have had enough power to casually crush most of the other servants in this war. Instead she had come along with only the bare minimum power required to qualify as a servant.

Strengthening the master-servant was my only hope of winning the war. That's how I met Hakuno Kishinami and her servant.

Hakuno had messed up her summoning to, if either of us had a diffrent opponent we would have been doomed. Her servant was a better warrior by far compared to Tamamo. He had a thousand swords and could switch between them at will. Our last fight was close enough that either of us could have won.

He had an arrow in his hand ready to drive it through my heart. Instead he dropped it to create a sheathe of some kind in Hakuno's hands. He must have put everything that was left into making it, he was dead before Tamamo could even hit him in the back with the spell she was casting. He could have won but he also could have lost.

I suppose that's why he decided to make sure his master lived. Hakuno never cried for him. She says he would have much preferred to leave behind someone who smiles instead of crying. That's how the worst two masters of the war became allies. Tamamo wasn't happy with another women being around but eventually she managed to talk herself into it. As an aside Tamamo has decided Hakuno counts as a prisoner of war or a captured maid or something.

The rest of the war more or less went normally. As much as magical wars inside the moon can be normal I guess. Tamamo and I faced many battles as her power began to return. Every day we almost died, every day someone else was doomed, and every day the challenges grew harser. Tamamo became almost untouchable as she gained her full power. She told me once that with all nine of her tails she would become a "being equivalent to the sun".

In the end I killed twelve people. I can justify as much as I want, they agreed to enter this war, they would have killed me, there was no other option, but that doesn't change that they're dead now. Because of that I'm not allowed to stop, I took lives to get to where I am so I can't stop. I destroyed their wishes so I could move onwards to the end of this war. When it really comes down to it I killed them and crushed their dreams so I could get my wish.

>with a penchant for blood magic and leaving areas suitable only for toxic spirits. But, hey, at least they've got style and good food!
...pretty much.
Aside from the high use areas, my warehouse is an arcanotech tire fire.

That's why I tried to murder Buddah. In retrospect I probably have really bad karma. But that's skipping ahead a bit.

After we killed the last enemy servant the SE.RA.PH opened. That's where I met Twice Pieceman and Saver. Twice was a madman. A cold hearted man broken down by his own hatered for war. We fought with words and then with servants. He beat me both times. I'm not as smart as him and he's deeply set in his ways so trying to point out to him that peace isn't stagnation and stagnation isn't peace failed. That's when we realized we would have to kill each other. He believed that if people stopped fighting they would stop changing.

In a way he's correct, people need stimulation to grow and conflict provides stimulation. But there's more to stimulation then war, love, ugliness, success, loss, grief, despair, hate, beatuy, I think all of them can drive us forward. For all I disagree with his ideals he does have a point. There needs to be change but I don't want to see the kind of change a man like him will make.

So we let our servants fight. Saver vs. Caster, Buddah vs. Demon, needless to say I didn't die. Caster was one step ahead of Saver and Twice acting in perfect sync with me to stave off our loss. Then we saw the end of humanity. A chakram covered in a hundred billion lights all of which were slowly drawing together above us. As the light grew from a dim and unfocused light covering seven kilometers in every direction into a single shining beam above me and Tamamo she worked her magic and sent out a simple blade of wind. Enhanced by two command seals from me it cut forward and sliced Twice neatly in half. I don't know if we somehow slipped through his vision or if he simply allowed uus to attack his master but Saver didn't stop the attack. He simply declared us the victor and that we could be saved before leaving in a swirl of gold.

I walked dup the steps to the Moon Cell looking for an answer to how I had arrived there. I was just a normal human. I was from a diffrent world and a diffrent time, I had no body to return to, no home to go back to. I would have loved to stay there outside of SE.RA.PH with Hakuno and Tamamo for a long time but I had to move on. I wanted to see if there was an answer, to see if there was something I could do to not stagnate. So I, an awakened AI, walked into SE.RA.PH.

I asked it how to keep myself from stagnating. And some ancient system gave an answer.

Move On

Electricity alone is slower than light and our copper wires, while highly conductive, do have some resistance so it slows it down even more.

Origins
Awakened AI

Perks
Servant Tamamo no Mae Lilly (350)
Command Seals
The Faceless Masses
Psychic Dreams (250)
Cyber Creation (50)
Labyrinth Creation (-250)

Items
Datapad
Brown School Uniform
Classroom
Unique Garb (-300)

Drawbacks
Temper Your Sword (-200)
Who Has Your Back? (0)

True Name
Tamamo no Mae
Best Girl

Template Lilly (850)
Fresh Fruit

Class
Caster (575)

Parameters
Strength E-->D
Endurance E
Agility C-->A (550)
Mana A-->A++
Luck B-->D (600)

Class Skills
Territory Creation E-->C (550)
Fox's Wedding (Item Creation) E-->EX (275)

Personal Skills
Witchcraft C-->EX (-175)
Shapeshifting A (-425)
Divinity A (-675)

Noble Phantasm
Eightfold Blessings of Amaterasu
on the Weight Stone under the Sunlit Watery Heavens C-->D (-650)

>Tamamo

The more you know, thanks. And this is why i use ansibles. No lag.

I live in my warehouse, mostly. In early jumps it was basically just a big room with some mattresses and a pile of blankets in the far corner. As jumps go by, though, it's become a ridiculous final dungeon type deal, thanks to all the add-ons and dimensional fuckery going on. It's all the best parts of Undertale's CORE, Eggman's Egg Carrier, and Fallout's Big MT, Okage: Shadow King's Endless Library, and the Death Star, with some side rooms that do random shit like "be an onsen" or "TREASURE!", and then becoming more disjointed and chaos and trees and SYMBOLISM as you get further in to the lower levels. Remember: Final Dungeon. Those get weird towards the end.
... but as for where I actually live, that's just some little corner in the warehouse itself, and isn't really very interesting. In fact, the fact that there's a bed and TV and videogame stuff all kindof clashes with the rest of the warehouse's decor. Like someone just decided to start squatting there.
That squatter is me.

> Alright, Evil-jumpers. How do you do it?
Being evil is about doing whatever you want and not trying to justify it. I do lots of campy cartoon villain stuff, interspaced with occasional horrible things and occasional less horrible things, and when people ask me why...

> How do you keep up the villainy,
... I say...

> and how did you turn down that path in the first place?
"Because I felt like it."

Tamamo Lily, she's like Tamamo but without the jaded as hell courtesan or murder aspects being quite as strong.

Also she has three fluffy tails

I mean, of course I did.

I didn't even know that was a card, huh.

It's not official. I just like the idea of slightly less jaded Tamamo, more in the sun goddess trying to love humans stage, then the post courtesan killing machine.
The Lilly part emphasizes her softer side and tones down her evil in some ways. She's still wildly excessive and acts on her own whims but she's less cruel about it and more uncaring. Neutral Neutral as opposed to Neutral Evil.

I live in Oboro, which is a place build on clouds.

Had to renovate a little and add modern conveniences when I moved in, but it looks amazing and I can summon it wherever I want. Great for travelling.

Before that, it was mostly just the a bedroom-like set up in the warehouse. It's still basically an extension of my home, what with the appartments added to it from a few jump.

When I want to be less conspicuous, I tend to just live on the boat from CATastrophe or rent some place and open a Warehouse portal in there.

I live in the Tower of Fate from DC Occult, placed in the Dimension Lord dimension from the same.

If i need a viable address on the prime material for some reason i have the Mansion from Charmed that follows me from jump to jump.

Was a WIP of that Transistor jump someone was working on ever posted? I can't find it in the archives.

Hey guys, I've taken a break from JC and just got back, probably missed out like 30-50 threads.

What jumps did I miss that came out? Any of them particularly notable?
I also saw Creepypasta got an update too, which is cool

Someone is working on Saint Seiya.

First part of the Worm update, some 20-ish threads back?

Jorge Joestar and Soul Eater update. Batmam Beyond. Peter Pan got even more updates. Superman TAS was also updated. We got both NieRs. More Fire Emblem.

We had a pretty good assortment. Asterix the Gaul, Camp Camp, NieR, Peter Pan got some small updates, Superman the Animated Series, Battle Action Harem Highschool, and Night in the Woods.

Someone dropped a Nausicaa Jump into the upload folder that I don't remember seeing getting dropped into the thread. It's a pretty poor effort, looking at it now.

Oh, an Generic Dungeon Crawl got a big update.

>Any of them particularly notable?
No. No Jumps are particularly notable.

>tfw you want 90% of the Cryptid perks
Kill me. Making a build for this jump is literally impossible.

/comfy/

>No curtains

>not having retractable blinds

Not seeing those either senpai

What happens to your body when you try to possess someone with Possessive from Creepypasta? Does it just kinda lie there defenselsesly, or do you just sorta "jump" into the mind of someone you want to possess?

That's because they retract.

>No. No Jumps are particularly notable.
This is true for all settings but Divinity: Original Sin.

From the way the perk is written i'd say you "jump inside" their body when you possess them.

Cool, will need to check it out. Last time I went there it was pretty much "pick Sting so I can actually kill the big things in the setting".
Nice, I'll revisit Generic dungeon crawl and check out Nier!

Thanks anons! (And Yoro too I guess)

In Alt Chain Builder, how is Companions Spend Their Own CP supposed to work? You roll random perks?

Got another few questions about Creepypasta

Does Malediction have any limit on how strong of a target it can affect, or can it "eventually spell the downfall" of anyone?

What's the level of durability of Inhuman Durability? Could you tank that tank shell mentioned in the perk without any damage to yourself, or would you be reduced to "a few pounds of flesh" and forced to regenerate?

What's the level of telekinesis ESP brings with it? Could you improve those abilities with practice, or are you capped at that level?

most of time i have a comfy house somewhere close to the task at hand. when i need to make myself known though? its this.

Could some kind soul post a copy of this, please?

You make selections based on what you think the companions would choose, rather than on what you or your jumper would choose for them.

>Does Malediction have any limit on how strong of a target it can affect, or can it "eventually spell the downfall" of anyone?
It's a bad luck curse. Logically, if there's no possible way form the target to die from it, then of course it won't kill them.

Like, Scion from Worm isn't going to get in a carcrash and die, but he'd still be terribly unlucky.

Here you go.

Still needs new powers with the second part of the update, I think?

pastebin.com/WcCYY6DM

>Like, Scion from Worm isn't going to get in a carcrash and die, but he'd still be terribly unlucky.
Well, that definitely depends on how strong Malediction is. "Bad Luck" can take a lot of forms. Like a random entity deciding that Scion needs to die for whatever reason.

Tell me about a time when a new background or form took some getting used to, and how you coped.
Examples to try to kickstart things:
>End up in a non-human form and had to get used to how your new body worked
>Acquire a new sense, have to deal with perceiving an entirely new dimension of the world, trying to communicate your perceptions to other people with no frame of reference
>Robot, find yourself with a mind that views the world differently and lacks things like touch and taste
>Undead, freak out for a moment when you realize you can't feel your heartbeat
>Opposite gender, have to adapt to different social norms and plumbing
>Take a non drop-in origin, find that your background's life up to that point had left them with strong beliefs and feelings that "you" didn't agree with

Thanks kind user.

Well, as written it gets stronger over time. Consider the sheer unlikeliness, it'd probably take a long ass time for something like that to happen.

My Jumper looks a lot like image related, it took some time to get used to.

Unfortunately for Scion, he's already under a Malediction. First his partner kicks the bucket, and then not even a century later he does as well. All of this at the hands of what amount to gnats. I mean, they're not even superdimensional gnats!

Alright so any cool parents in Percy Jackson to be born too who aren't terrible? I do not care if they are weak or not so long as they are not an arse.

Hades is actually a pretty chill guy.

He's not the greatest parent to Nico though, although he's a lot better than most of the Gods about it.

Can I become a Demi-Servany in Fate/Extra ?

No, there is no option to do so yet.

Is there an option to do so in the jump?

Well, the Hindu gods are pretty cool. Most of them are in committed relationships, so being their half-blooded kid wouldn't make much sense, but not all of them. You can be Surya's kid. Like Karna. Don't you want to be like your big brother Karna?

>Don't you want to end up like your big brother Karna?
Am I misremebering or did he not have a lot of tragedy in his life and death?

Question: Are there any perks like Pocket Dimension from Creepypasta, that let you store parts of yourself in them? Preferably with no growth limits.

I want to make my own dirac sea type thing, but with how fast I grow (think SupCom grade exponential growth) I want to be able to store solar systems worth of NGE Angel-mass.

What incredible magical artifacts are there in A Song of Ice and Fire?

>Incredble magical artifacts
>A song of ice and fire
user, I'm sorry to break this too you, but you'll be disappointed. There are some artifacts and things but they are either really minor, really weak, or really vague. And none of the are more special than what you can get elsewhere.

>What incredible magical artifacts are there in A Song of Ice and Fire?
Pretty sure there's nothing incredible. The "magic" in ASOIAF is pretty shit.

A Song of Ice and Fire is very low fantasy, their is practically no serious magical artifacts with the only one that sticks out in my mind being the Horn of Winter which apparently can bring down buildings.

The various materials made from valyrian steel also count as well, but they are mostly just better material than steel and don't have an intrinsic magical properties besides being able to kill White Walkers.

contd
There are dragonhorns which may or may not control dragons. There's an interesting theory that they were actually used to control slaves in Valyria, not dragons.
There are the black roads/demon roads, which you can reproduce readily using modern technology. The ominous looking black stone which is only special by being ominous and could be replaced by concrete easily.
Melisadre's ruby and her illusions and the Faceless mens faces are pretty shitty compared to the illusions and disguises you can get elsewhere.
Wierwoods are vaguely cool but if you want wierwood stuff you can get better elsewhere. Melange from Dune is just as good as weirwood paste without the possible cannibalism or general mystery surrounding it.
Valyrian steel or the falling star steel used in Dawn, neither of which are terribly special beyond being really strong and sharp, easily obtained elsewhere, and being (potentially in the case of the fallen star metal) effective against Others, which is just a bit siutational and again easily gotten elsewhere.

Uh, is there anything I'm missing?

>fought his brothers
>cursed by approximately fucking everybody
>only died because Arjuna fought unfairly and broke the rules of honorable combat

Also got his prized possession (really fucking sweet armor) stolen by a god because he was so fucking pious. (Was that covered already with "cursed by everyone"?) I guess to be fair he got a nice spear in return but damn.

Yo YJ_user, any chance that you could increase the number of discounts that Cryptids get on their perks?

Do we have any jumps in which I could pick up 360-degree vision?

Why not use the option to be that kind of Angel in Evangelion?

Alternatively, the Inner World from Infernals can grow as long as you put an effort to make it grow.

Try spinning. It's a good trick.

Byakugan in Naruto gives 359 that can probably be modded a bit to get that last degree. Hero Academia probably has something.

Wasn't the armor thing more 2honorabur4u with the "yo dude you know how you'll give anyone anything you have if they ask while you're praying? Arjuna's gonna ask for your invincible golden armor-skin, you gotta stop him." "Nah, I'm a shiny golden dude of my word, brb getting my skinning knife".

Strike Witches has 1km range "if you could see it you know it's there" total situational awareness, which I guess is good enough?

I was pretty sure it was Arjuna's god dad not wanting his son getting fucking smoked by this tragic yet invincible badass, only Arjuna was so fucking cool about it despite the armor being like the one thing he could say was his that Arjuna's god dad felt really bad about taking it and tried to like "Um. . .right, uh. Well, you passed the test, so. . .here's this spear! A gift from the gods for your incredible piety!"

Karna* was so fucking cool about it

Mushoku Tensei (sp?) has a Demon Eye option that's good for that.

I've read in several threads about how it's possible to become ZeedMillenniummon in the digimon jump...but i have no idea how one could manage that.
I've read the digimon jump several times and with alot of fantasy i can get to Millenniummon (which is fucking OP on it's own).
What am i missing? Is it just something you can achieve following a certain digimon storyline or is it in the jump itself?

>Wanting to become Digital mnoster Cancer
user. Don't. Really. It's not worth it at all.

Use Wikimon. It's valid for the jump and has a lot more of routes.

Also, Zeed is basically Milenniummon dying and being so asshole that he came back to life as literal digicancer. So, maybe get a 1-up perk and kill yourself in batlte?