/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General Thread

SoH are toppest tier, spraycan-related shenanigans are the leading cause of death for converted miniatures, Aquilon Terminators are still not allowed and Black Legion is soon dropping. All this and more, in the last (surprisingly decent) thread .

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed) ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed) (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

imobie.com/support/how-to-transfer-books-from-iphone-to-computer.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>spraycan-related shenanigans are the leading cause of death for converted miniatures
Fucking this. Corax White is unusable.

Second for waiting for BL epub is suffering.

I'm still scrubbing that shit off my dreadclaw, I have never gotten anything but dust out of those devil cans.

For the love of Dark gods share epub of Black legion by Aaron Dembski-Bowden.

Whatever happened to DG user?

I generally avoid reaving and go for long march. Take Mal to make your reavers troops, and Horus or abaddon for DSing termies. I don't massively rate reavers myself, but thats because my local has little for them to prey on.

It's literally not available to purchase so unless someone scans in their limited edition version of the book we're all sitting tight until the 12th.

Which one? He probably was driven away by this general's decline.

the guy who was mass-producing DG

Again. Probably was driven away.

Note to self, don't use corax white. Anyone got a good alternative for a white primer/undercoat?

He finished his army some months ago and moved to another project. He usually posts in /wip/

Finally got some FW renegade militia conversion sets, some cadians and a chimera. I'm going to use a paint scheme based on Vraks. Do you think I'll be able to use them together with my Horus Heresy Word Bearers as the cultists that fought on Calth?

Yeah, this is what I was doing for the past year or so, I changed it up on Friday and was pleasantly surprised. This was the first time I've used Reavers in a while, I'd never really had them work out for me because of how expensive upgrades made them. I think the bolters are really tempting but 5 ppm is just too much, even with Banestrike and Assassin's Eye.

Don't see why not, said cultist would be fairly chaos-y anyways. Plus the renegades militia has some pretty cool model stuff, personally really like the Ogryns

A few cheeky meltas may be useful with assassins eye, potential to tag enemy apothecaries on the way in?

I've considered it but holy shit 15 points a piece.

its not really cheaper to get them anywhere else. Again, make use of the assassin roles of the reavers.

I don't really buy meltas anywhere else though either vOv

I love those ogryns but they are really expensive. I'm thinking of buying pic related and painting it for my gf. If I finally do it I'll post pics

The one who knocked out a 5 man squad every 3 days, or the one who did the funky destroyers and legion diorama? Or the other one with waaaay to brightly green shoulders?

>painting it for my gf
Your gf plays renegades?

The painting machine yes :^)

She loves all nurgle related stuff and likes to paint but she doesn't play
I wish she did

Maybe try another wargame. Like Malifaux or Infinity.

I really wish my bf liked painting. I'd con him into painting all my shit.

Meltas are still useful in my meta, Its a common upgrade for my veterans as they pop in from outflank alongside a multimelta rhino and shrek the backline. Add in precision shot and you have something I think.

Well people could download the epub right now from their iBooks accounts, according to B&C users. So we need the iBooks guy!

So, what Legions are present today? SoH here.

Ah, looks like your Leviathan was present for the cleansing of Shitholeia VII. Same though, Sons of Horus are the best.

>tfw still no Mad Doc rules

>Sons of Horus are the best
Are Luna Wolves also included in that user?

Should be getting my paints in sometime this week and then i can finally starting testing/painting my boys

Ok, I have the epub on my iPhone, how the heck do I get it off here?

The sons of Lorgar are here

Army Painter usually has decent stuff, you might want to look up reviews online before giving their sprays a go.

Legio Custodes reporting in.
Hurt my index and middle finger pretty badly this Friday, so paint progress is not gonna happen for a while. Even just these base colors took me all weekend...

So where do I buy the campaign books at a cost that won't cost me a nut?

>Purity seal

That's looks really cool, I'm happy it turned out so well. What did you do to your finger though?

Iron Warriors present and accounted for, Warmaster.

That Grav-Raider looks really good already, I'm definitely getting one or two.

Thready Challenge for everyone: I'm creating a list of Legion theme tunes. Post the songs that you think best encapsulate your Legion and what it stands for.

>Loctite super glue
My gluebrother

DG reporting in.

user from earlier that plays Long March SoH. Also play these IH

Tried to loosen a long branch that got stuck in a woodchipper. The bloody thing did come loose after some janking, but in doing so it smashed against the tip of index and middle finger, both of which are now sprained.

Iron Warriors during/post Heresy: Debauchery- Ironclad (declaration of war)
Sabaton – Stalingrad/Price of a Mile

Night Lords/possibly Raven Guard: My Dying Bride - Thy Raven Wings

Legion Custodes/the Emperor/Early Crusade: Triarii – Emperor of the Sun/We are One

Last daemon primarch without a model is Alpharius, tell me Veeky Forums how long until GW decides to bother releasing him?

Whoops I confused daemon with traitor, sorry about that!

>In a wood chipper
You had me scared there for a second. Can sympathize with the pain as sprained/jammed fingers. Fucking happened to me everytime I would play basketball in school. Fucking hurts

Is that who I think it is?

>Is that who I think it is?
Alpharius?

Fourth Legion present and correct.

The conversion looks good user, if you get better at painting you could do some really good models

Also First Legion when I feel like it.

>It came out sideways
Brb, submitting myself for decimation

I mostly lurk, but Emperor's Children here

Looks pretty good user, moar? Drill yer barrels

I like the look of this, especially the sword part - so many people just slap on their load-out and it results in their character holding the weapons at really weird angles/holding quite heavy ranged weapons with one hand.

First Legion. No pictures because I'm dragging my heels on painting and don't have a decent camera anyway.

7th Legion here.

I think you need to thin your paints.

The fact we couldn't get that style of MkIII helmets instead of those... things FW made, is an outrage. I'm glad I happened to have a bunch of those helmets, so I can give my MkIIIs them.

If I ever use Veterans I'm probably going to give them classic IW heads with some IH bits mixed in for that classic IW look.

>correct
You mean there's yet another loyalist IW here?

I really do.
They always come out too thick though, I've almost given up at this point.

House Malinax reporting, we decided to gatecrash the muster. Treides will get his scions if he can fit them on his ship.

This kit has been a bit of a pain, honestly. The neck attachment point didn't cast properly, so had to superglue the head and cowl in place, thanks to a momentary lapse of judgement the Gatling magnet is in the wrong way round and thus tends to pop off the arm occasionally and the cannon body has enough greenstuff in to hold the magnet up that it's not the best joint. Nothing actually preventing the model's completion, just a few annoying flaws.

Fitting for Scion Aspirant Selket, I guess, but I'll endeavour to get her lancemates done better.

Have you considered painting from the pot using paints meant for airbrushing, applied with large-ish brushes that don't taper to too fine a point? It's what I do, and when they wear down you can just keep using them.

Make sure to strip your minis if you repaint them though, an overnight soak of simple green works wonders and you ca leave them in indefinitely. If you (like me) live in Sweden grönsåpa is the stuff you want.

hmm thats an idea, I might try that in the future, thanks!

I doubt I'll be able to face repainting the one's I've already completed though, my pace is already so slow thats going to take me a long while to finish.

Maybe once I'm finally done and the difference (if there is one) bothers me.

I used to paint really thickly before doing this; you can trust me when I say that the difference is pretty startling.

What paint scheme do you use? From the pics it looks like you paint the yellow, give it a light drybrush of beige, wash it/wash the recesses and slap on metal, black, brown etc where needed.

Actually, looking on the minis it looks like the heat coils on the plasma blaster and powered bits on the lightning claws could use some more colour. I'd recommend using a fairly vivid colour that clashes with the yellow, and highlight the edges with a lighter version of that colour/white. Takes only a little work (in my experience most of it is layering the base layer evenly with good coverage) but looks pretty decent, especially from a distance.

Doing bases is pretty easy, give them a thinnish, spread out layer of one of GWs basing colours, drybrush it or paint it another colour before drybrushing that, and give it a wash.

Wew. Everything above is obviously just my opinion, and is basically what I do to get a decent tabletop standard.

>all these badly painted armies

I thought HH was for old grognards with excellent painting skills.

Yup, that is pretty much exactly my painting process at the moment, base of averland sunset, highlight yriel yellow and then wash seraphim sepia.

thanks for the tips for the bases and plasma, they're much appreciated. I'll give them a go.

Not after BaC and BoP.

It's... almost... as if... the game was... made more accessible to people starting out in the hobby, or had wanted to enter 30K but were turned away by elitist dick waving?

The armies look fine.

Consider adding Badab Black to the recesses with a fine paintbrush to really make them pop. It might be the light, but the yellow areas look a bit flat to me. Also maybe use a brighter red like Mephiston for the eyes?

Be sure to post photos of your New and Improved Fists when/if you paint some more/repaint your old guys.

>fine
>the quality of painters is so low that using washes to shade is an advanced technique

>It's... almost... as if... the game was... made more accessible to people starting out in the hobby, or had wanted to enter 30K but were turned away by elitist dick waving?
Thank fuck then that HH is staying in 7th while all the new people go to 8th.

Don't worry friend, some of us are here to stay :)

Is that green semen on the base?

r/ing picture of school girl primarchs

Have you posted yours yet?

You just had to do that didn't you? Brace for Curzefag autism.

I'm trying to make a schoolgirl russ cosplay and I need a reference :^)

Anyone know any printing services I can forward say these Horus heresy campaign books too and have them printed?

Woo woo, all aboard the first legion train.

>for old grognards
Not enough reference material and unit histories. Like, not even a fraction of one percent enough. I have been subjected to so many dense military reports making up lists that I'll probably end up writing a bunch for 30k.

No where, do you think FW has some kind of reseller situation going on? You may get lucky on eBay but it isn't like China can recast a book.

It is literally cheaper to buy the books

user I... Actually I want to see this. Please do go on

Helmets are optional for Astartes gifted with the chins of the Legio Prima.

Could you do this? Would be fun to have such a resource.

Know a place to buy the books that doesn't fucking kill me?

I'm impressed you somehow figured that out from one image. Blue eye lenses give it away?

They're Traitor or Loyalist depending on if I run Golgwing or not. I've posted my dudes here before, here's Vet Sergeant Belkor with his mates.

Forgeworld kills You?

Small wonder Belkor sided with the stony Imperial Fists over the rest of the Iron Warriors, he had his fill of rocks a long time ago.

that's a really good pose on the termi!

I just read a two-volume study of a Soviet tank army that an author and a retired general put together, I'd probably do something in that vein but much shorter.
>Second To None: A history of the 1st Centauran Cohort, from Alpha Centuari to the Eye (does Alpha Centauri have a different name in Warhammer?)

Cheers! Also an utter bitch to get lined up considering the plastic helmet isn't a 'full' helmet. Karthos is in the Command Squad, that's why he gets to look special and forget to wear his helmet.

Top kek.

Maybe iMobie?
imobie.com/support/how-to-transfer-books-from-iphone-to-computer.htm

Or otherwise google transfer books from iphone to computer.

If you (or anyone) manages this, you will have my figurative loyalty forever. I'd fight the emperor (or Horus) for you.

They killed Bligh.

fuck yes