Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

Endless Cacophony edition

Old thread: >Chaos (and I guess Chaos as a whole)
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Omegas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FjYP3a5DCI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the First

First for Black Templars!

Alpha Legion

What's more fun:

Alpha "everything is turn 1 charging" legion
or
Night "Absolute Terror" lords?

>want to get into 40k
>hate Space Marines and that faggy """""Emperor"""""
guess i am fucked

I'm back! Thanks for keeping the link in the OP!

I'm currently going about catching up on recommended fixes/tweaks/additions, and then I intend to get back to work. I see we have a pdf for C:SM now, with GK and CSM likely coming soon. I've been debating how to handle codexes, and I'm currently leaning towards starting a new doc for them, so as to not erase the old Index calculations or to over-crowd the current doc. Opinions on this? And also, would people rather that I do the Tyranids Index rules first, or dive straight into C:SM?

4th for chaos victory as dg

Yes, Space Marines are the only army you can collect.

nth for why the fuck can't baneblades move and fire without penalty like leman russes

About half of all factions are not Imperium. Just pick something else. If you REALLY hate SM and the Emperor, pick Chaos.

Quad Grav Flux Bombard.

Is there anything Marinelets have that Primaris can't do the same or better?

Looks like it's Chaos or Xenos for you.

>shooting penalties when moving
>can shoot shit behind it with all weapons

Why haven't you gentlemen purchased Primaris Space Marines at your local GW yet?

You do you bro, i think its awesome

Night Lords are scary enough to make plasma spontaneously explode with a command point so I'm just imagining they glare hatefully at whoever is about to shoot at them which makes their hands shaky.

Good thing there are plenty of non Space Marine or non-Imperium-Fag-Emperor-Worshiping factions to play!

What DO you like, user?

Pure primaris armies are pretty fuckin' weak bro.

Problem is that it says Helbrute, not HELBRUTE.

There's no way to play Alpha Legion on the tabletop according to their lore. If Alpha Legion are going head to head it's because they either fucked up or it's such a weak enemy that they didn't need to bother with sneaky shenanigans (so never in matched play).

So every single game you play is "Welp my warlord fucked up again time to clean up his mess with a pile of our own soldier's bodies"

Decent anti tank options, though that will come in time.

Play Chaos and bring death to the False Emperor and his slaves.

Actual armor saturation, anything close combat, and moving faster than a land raider.

Doesn't work that way, it isn't referring to the [b]Helbrute[/b] keyword but the actual Helbrute unit.

Well a stratagem that makes Helbrutes, a super melee focused unit, shoot twice if it stands still is pretty fuckin' worthless.

>Chaos
Space Marines with horns, you know you can't say otherwise.
That leaves 1/4 of franchise that is not spacemarined

>1/4
Can't into maths

If we're being pedantic, it is in all capital letters already.

You're looking at it wrong.

When you're battling on the tabletop as Alpha Legion, its part of a great plan. You're probably there as a distraction, drawing troops away from some other area to allow a greater action to take place.

You've already won, no matter the results on the field.

Daemons are a thing, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=FjYP3a5DCI0

Vehicles in melee I MEAN REALLY!

Oh good, the carnifex units argument is back.

anyone got that alpha legion glaze image?

Got an 800 3-way today against either Fex heavy nids, Death Guard, or Primaris. Not sure which till i get there. Feedback?
++ Battalion (CP +3) (Astra Militarum) [800 Pts] ++

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [63 Pts]: Autocannon, Boltgun, Chainsword, Plasma Gun

Infantry Squad [62 Pts]: Autocannon, Chainsword, Laspistol, Plasma Gun

Tempestus Scions [75 Pts]: Hot-Shot Laspistol, 2x Hot-Shot Volley Gun, Power Maul, 5x Scions
. Hot-Shot Lasgun
. Hotshot Laspistol and Vox: Hot-Shot Laspistol, Vox-Caster

Tempestus Scions [81 Pts]: Hot-Shot Laspistol, 2x Meltagun, Power Maul, 5x Scions
. Hot-Shot Lasgun

+ Elites +

Tempestus Command Squad [67 Pts]
. Hotshot Laspistol and Medi-pack: Hot-Shot Laspistol, Medi-Pack
. 2x Plasma Gun

+ HQ +

Company Commander [35 Pts]: Power Axe, Shotgun

Tank Commander [206 Pts]: Battle Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Tempestor Prime [40 Pts]: Chainsword, Tempestus Command Rod

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [171 Pts]: Battle Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Leman Russ BT

+ 'Faction +

Regiment Selection: Cadian

++ Total: [800 Pts] ++

You got daemons. Just use them if you want Chaos. Otherwise go Xenos.

so lord of change anygood

Is this a decent idea?

>BRIGADE DETACHMENT
>HQ [150]

Tempestor Prime: rod
Primaris Psyker
Lord Castellan Kreed

>TROOPS [368]

2x Militarum Tempestus Scions: 2x plasma gun

4x Infantry Squad: Lascannon

>ELITES [240]

Salamander Command Vehicle: heavy bolter, heavy flamer
2x Eversor Assassin

>FAST ATTACK [234]

3x Salamander Scout Tank: Autocannon, Heavy bolter

>HEAVY SUPPORT [81]

3x Heavy Weapons Squad: 3 Mortar

DEDICATED TRANSPORT [98]

Trojan Support Vehicle: Heavy Bolter

FLIERS [360]
Vulture Gunship: Twin Punisher Gatling Cannon, Heavy Bolter
Vulture Gunship: 2x Hellstrike Missile, Heavy Bolter, Twin Lascannon

SUPER-HEAVY AUXILIARRY DETACHMENT [466]

Dominus armored siege bombard: 2x Heavy Bolter

1997pts

The dominus, buffed by the Command and Support tank duo spits out an ungodly amount of no-los-required s10 fire while the infantry squads bubblewrap it and the psyker shields it. Eversors and scions disrupt the enemy at his side own side while he gets shelled and blasted. The gatling-vulture can be buffed by the support tanks for 40 2+ rerollable shots at a standstill. The other vulture is on AT duty.

But user I have To convert to Chosen, Berserkers and Noise Marines

Melee stuff, vanguard vets and assault termis and so on. Reivers aren't amazing in close combat and aggressors are a bugger to deliver if you're not playing raven guard.

So still literally every xeno faction still in the running.

But you clearly don't actually like 40k so why are you here?

Just pick Magnus you pussy

sadly, not a hellbrute because fw can't into rule writing.

Ah yes. The "space marines with horns".

In all seriousness theres tau orks eldar tyranids and daemon chaos

>Very fast dreadnought purging heretics at incredible hihg speed.jpeg

What about rank and file human soldiers?
Martian cyborgs and robots?
Battle nuns?

Space Elves? Dark Space Elves? Clown Space Elves? Pirate Space Elves?

Undead terminator bots w/ Egyptian influence?

Green soccer hooligan aliens?

Blue anime mecha snobs?

NOT! Ridley Scott's Aliens?
Alien-human hybrids?

>Tau
nobody likes Tau

Thanks! I'm just always trying to figure out what the most efficient use of my data-entry time is and what people would find most useful. C:SM seems pretty topical right now, but I'd feel bad leaving Tyranids without calculations.

No need to move faster than a land raider when you can drop in 9 inches away with reivers and inceptors.

Reivers are good close combat, maybe they don't have power weapons but 3 attacks per model + shooting from pistols is pretty good.

Heavy Plasma overcharged is Str 9.

>what are daemons
>what are xenos
Congrats on the (You), anyway

>May 18th

Fuck off Gamza you asw

Update the points values, but yes I think chapter tactics modifiers would be too much.

This one? Apologies for the filesize, been meaning to sort that but never got round to it.

i already have magnus?

I like their design, but then again I used to build gunpla

Am I wrong in thinking that the Repulsor actually saves points overall because it's a transport and main battle tank and effective anti-air all in one model?

The Carnifex argument was right, as GW had to release an errata that rewrote completely that rule.

Who cares about Magnus? Greater daemons are way cooler than the dreary Primarch fluff.

nice one fella

This one looks better, formating wise

Yeah, especially with some stuff like the Psybolt Ammunition on GK, that could potentially double the number of cases I'd need to cover to be comprehensive. I might throw in the occasion CT calc for what I view to be a common use of it.

As far as point values go, I'm currently planning to do separate Index and Codex sheets, for people who may want to continue playing with their Index to evenly face non-Codex opponents.

It's literally HELBRUTE in bold though. Plus it's explicitly called a keyword. He's complaining because the H is larger.

And that's why I love tzeentch themed armies. Everything, every death, every loss, even my warlord dying.

All according to keikaku

No thats corrects, its why Storm Ravens are much better than Predators and Razorbacks are better than Rhinos.

Daemons, Xenos, Guard, Admech especially if you want to be humans, look good and give no fucks about Emps, Renegades if you prefer Chaotic troops, whole bunch of options.

Also heres a color wheel from white dwarf

Does the new Chaos 'dex have Lieutenant equivalents to really exploit the shit out of this ability?

Because having a dozen different Warlords would be friggin' hilarious.

>rewrote completely

The problem is that it's not in capital letters in the stratagem. Meaning that that stratagem only works on the unit called Helbrute, not on HELLBRUTE keyword units.

Yup. Exalted Champion.

you are truly a master baiter

I miss when you could do it to marine and cultist champions too.

He's right tho. And dreads have always been CC things.

>Slaanesh is the god of lust and tits
>It's followers and daemons are the worst waifu candidates
Just

I have to admit I really like this. Very fluffy.

For the purpose of the argument, changing Carnifex into CARNIFEX changes everything.

Nani?!

What's new in the "new" GK Strike Squad kit?

>Lust and tits
>His daemons only have one tit each
You've been lead astray somewhere, user.

>As far as point values go, I'm currently planning to do separate Index and Codex sheets, for people who may want to continue playing with their Index to evenly face non-Codex opponents.

hmm, you think people are actually doing that? I viewed point value changes as sort of like additional faq entries instead of codex specific additions like the strategems and relics. Since they mostly fix unplayable units like Obliterators and Helldrakes.

This guy is so autistic, and I mean really autistic not just as some result that gets thrown around here alot

So can I deploy multiple units 9 inches away from my opponent with alpha legion?

>one tit
Mine have 2-6

A datasheet I think.
Maybe new assembly instructions.

Sorry, I totally overlooked the hellblasters, my bad.

But yeah those with a las pred would be amazing at taking out hard targets, while also being able to take on soft ones pretty well.

You could use the drop pod to drop in hellbladters strategically, or to drop in a close-quarters dread as a distraction, or to contest a point.

Finally, is there any difference between assault on black reach and normal minis? I cant tell an Ästhetik difference so they're probably the same, right?

when are the 55th Alphic Hydras going to turn on the ultrasmurfs?

There's more to Slaany than tits and lust. No it's not just drugs and rock 'n roll. It's obsession. The obsession to become the greatest swordsman, to spend hours at perfecting your technique until you can get a high from it. However, the high from that or you know the drugs will stop being pleasurable and now you're addicted and will have to keep going further. Push your boundaries until you're so desensitized that you immolate yourself just to feel something.

I'm really not sure. I definitely see them acting as a balancing fix needed from the Index, but they also interact with potentially new rules on datasheets which may affect a given unit's value. If I already have the sheets, I'm biased towards preserving them and just copy-pasting to make the updated Codex versions.

So kits getting "sold out" are really just getting new paperwork?

This is why "NPC races" are actually the best factions. Not only are Admech awesome and cool, if I'm fighting Marines or CSM or something similarly "Elite badasses that cost a bazillion thrones and there's only a million and so on" I basically can't lose. I kill like two squads of Marines I've paid my army's fluff cost back a dozen times over, and I have another thousand of the exact same force on my Explorator Fleet and another ten million on the Forge World.

One game I fought Blood Angels and it wound up with a crippled Dread, two Devastators and a Stormraven flying away from a battle with a Battle Maniple/barebones Battle Congregation, that's a massive defeat in materiel terms even though they tabled me.

"Sir, we've wiped out a supply convoy at the cost of 4% of our entire chapter, and the Primarch Guilliman, who showed up for some reason like he does every mission has been killed or crippled"

>implying female khorne cultists would have an hour glass figure and not the figure of a power lifter to better rip and tear.

Who cares, it isn't going to be handled well.

>The 55th Alphic Hydras execute order 666 and begin their attack on the Ultramarines along with the aid of the Alpha Legion, Black Legion, and Death Guard. The Ultramarines take heavy losses but ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN counter-attacks and the Ultramarines are victorious.

Look forward to it...???

They're reboxing them. Updating the packaging at the same time.

But the 55th Alphic Hydras aren't traitors, that would be too obvious. Do you even Alpha Legion?

That only applies to marinelets though. Now that mass produced marines are better in every way, they're probably the most cost effective troops in the galaxy, fluff wise.

Nah. This is Khorne's waifu.

user, I ~

>implying an npc faction like scions will important in lore ever again