mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5
>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy
>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com
> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS:
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/
>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u8pmYFbtakM
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-junk-fit/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/revival-of-the-boros-legion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this even good?, seems like value as shit but....

Are you "supppsed" to Vendillion Clique before or after your opponent's draw step? After you see one more card but they also see one more card.

It's actually pretty stupid if you can get it set up. Most good opponents will try to play under it, but some decks can't (Miracles, Lands), and there's also stuff like Zuran Orb, Trinisphere, and Mox Diamond that make it a lot harder.

can death and taxes only lose to unfair decks?

Bump

how good is dedge? how do you even beat the hate cards?

Your entire sideboard is anti-hate cards

YEAH BUT U AINT GO NO MANA

D&T loses pretty hard to Burn, Nicfit variants, Punishing Jund, UR Delver and probably a few fair decks I'm forgetting. The deck is not the "fair deck hunter" that people make it out to be. Sure, it's great against pretty much any delver variant (exception being UR), sneak and show, or ANT, but the matches where its bad, it's an absolute pile of trash.

Not every dredge deck is manaless. Manaless dredge is totally cold to Leyline, but mana dredge can play anti hate.

>Dnt is good against ANT
It's 50/50 at best.

how does death and taxes lose to burn? its got some healing in the main but more importantly it has prelate and thalia

Fair enough, It's been quite a while since I last played D&T. The ANT matchup always felt pretty good unless they therapied away your Thailas. I was at ~65% match win rate over 16 matched vs. ANT, but maybe I was just falling on the high end of variance. TES was the storm deck I really didn't want to see while playing D&T, all the disruption of ANT and faster on average.

Thalia and prelate eat burn spells and die? also prelate comes online turn 3, which is pretty much where you are drawing dead against burn, its generally where they PoP or Fireblast you out. Grim Lavamancer is also amazing against D&T and lots of burn lists are running him as 1-2 of maindeck specifically to make the D&T matchup even better. Also, what D&T deck runs lifegain that's going to do anything before turn 4 maindeck? If you mean Batterskull your generally going to be dead long before he does anything useful.

Meant the turn after prelate comes down they PoP/Fireblast for game. Derp.

>how do you even beat the hate cards?

Do what that one guy did and Next Level your opponent by siding in Helm of Obedience when his opponent brought in RiP.

>mfw

That's spicy.

Helm also works with Leyline of the Void.

I'm actually considering running a Leyline in my Parfait sideboard so I can Helm combo through an Iona. Makes sure Abrupt Decay can't disrupt the combo, too.

Did disney make a movie based on this card?

Using Clique is really situational, but I think it boils down to
>My opponent is playing combo and I want to see more cards, so I'm going to Clique them after they draw since I have no worry of a response from the combo deck
>My opponent is playing a control or midrange deck, so I clique them before they get to untap or on their upkeep so they have a harder time answering Clique.
Cliquing is infinitely complex though so i may be wrong

is right, but one consideration against certain combo/ramp decks is that they might have more than one card in hand you need to answer, so you should use Clique on their end step so you can hold up counter magic during their turn.

Hell yeah son, pretty much the ideal and best setup right now for Parfait

>tfw you'll never own legit Mox Diamonds

youtube.com/watch?v=u8pmYFbtakM

Lol the Miracle players response to the helm, even just being able to see his hands I can tell he was tilted as fuck.

Which dredge is better? I have all the pieces for manaless and just need to pick up the LEDs if I want to play normal. Manaless seems like more of a meme, but also more fun.

LED dredge is better by a lot. I don't even think manaless is more fun, there are no decisions to be made, you just pray your deck is stacked well. Not that dredge is super skill intensive to begin with, but you at least have more lines available to you with led dredge. Plus you have a chance to win through leyline/rip/cage

Sounds about right. I'll probably still try out manaless, but I'll switch to normal once I get around to picking up the LEDs.

How would hammer be in a Stoneforge deck?

rather run Jitte or Batterskull or Sword of X and Y desu.

This looks really good in Death&Taxes

no it doesnt

A very situational 3 drop that doesn't help your bad matchups and can't be found with recruiter? I don't think so

Fairly new to legacy. I thought i would turn my junk modern deck into Nic-Fit.

It's slightly underwhelming but a lot of fun to play.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-junk-fit/

Here's my list. Tested to run smooth, but god damn I miss running 3 Tops. Sylvan feels so bad with deeds, but 2 of them is a comfy enough number.

Looks really trash in D&T

Maybe years ago.

>White Notion Thief

Neat.

I like it. Would replace it with Mirran Crusader.
Amazing with Vial.

Sure Plowshares on 3/3 stick is bad.

>if its attacking you

I'm suprised this costs so much given wotc's love of hatebears

I can buy a legacy deck or a gun

which should i get

Probably because of its stats. I think if it was a like a 2/1, 1/2, 2/3, 1/3, 1/4, 3/1 or something around those lines it would be like cmc 3 or less.

Do you want to have fun or end it all?

im not suicidal

Then buy a legacy deck tool. Guns are only good for suicide

Buy gun and rob SCG.

Probably a Gun.
Legacy is a better ((investment)) tho.

nice bait fag. Because target shooting, skeet/trap/sporting clays, and hunting aren't reasonable (and fun) uses for a firearm.

Why o-ring over council's judgement

Could be a Show and Tell thing.

Enlightened Tutor can get o-ring

Ah. Cheers.

This deck looks cool, and pretty cheap. About $750 usd for the mainboard?

I forgot how good condemn was.

I'm interested in how the draw ability will fit into the rules. Currently, "draw N cards" is treated as "draw a card N times." My guess is that the ability applies only when a single effect instructs two or more draws.

Might prompt a rules change, might just be another "you know what we mean, it works because we say so" a la Bane of the Living. Hoping for the former.

What was the problem with Bane?

we need to go old school

>Francisco
FUCK OFF BEANER RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was wondering, why does he keep his hand open all the time after the opponent got to look at it once? Is there a ruling for that?
I guess he just assumes the other guy will remember what he saw anyway, but could he just take these cards and hide them again?

>no antonino

A card only tracks a value of X when it's on the stack and as it's entering the battlefield. So when you unmorph it, Bane's triggered ability *technically* shouldn't remember what X you paid for the morph cost. It literally only functions as intended because Gatherer and Matt Tabak say so.

This is only because unmorphing a creature is a special action, not actually an activated ability, right? So there's technically nothing "connecting" the unmorph cost with the triggered ability? Because there are plenty of activated abilities with x in the cost, but this is different

Yeah sorry I misremembered. That's correct.

Keep posting your decks, I'm fairly new to legacy so it's cool to see them

my latest build

Have you tried the Metalwork Colossus build? Obviously it has a hard time with Bridges with Bridges but I think it played Trading Post to ditch them and swing. When I saw the deck being played Metalwork was almost always free, or as close to free as it can get with 3balls in the deck.

interesting that it's basically free after a while, but I don't like how it doesn't have a way to push damage through.

Still, certainly big enough to kill most blockers.

So Im finally getting around to rebuilding legacy. I had miracles because I loved countertop, I had the deck since it was just UW countertop. Would UB landstill fill the hole in my heart?

An older post-top build

Thanks for the answers lads. Coming from casual edh this format has so many moving parts.

Strangleroot Geist doesn't fit in the deck at all. It's a cheap beater in a deck that isn't looking to beat cheap, it's looking to ramp and play Commander. If you need a decent two drop, go for another Scooze or Voice of Resurgence.

A single Pod doesn't make much sense. It's a terrible late-game top deck. If you top deck it late game and you still have a boardstate for it to be useful, then your opponent should already be dead. I'd suggest either upping the number to increase the number of times you have it early or else replace it with another Rhino or Meren.

Since you're running GSZ and Deathrite, have you considered throwing in a singleton Leovold? It would help fight cantrip-heavy decks...

Yes, generally most players will pick their hand up after an effect that reveals the hand is done resolving. Some players leave it down as a matter of convenience for the other player, happens a lot when playing casually/playtesting (no reason to make your opponent waste paper in those scenarios)

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/revival-of-the-boros-legion/
this is more casual than traditional legacy, but I have no idea where else to post this. Any recommendations/cuts you'd make?

I don't like equipment, and I'm actually trying to avoid token spam. I'm primarily interested in getting my shadow attackers going faster.

I want to grab some City of Traitors and Ancient Tombs to play Omni-Tell

What other decks does it fit into?

moon stompy

Is the guy who suggested Thopter Spy Network for Parfait still around?
We need that kind of madmen around here.

delicious MUD

Eldrazi/Bigdrazi, Moon Stompy/Big Red/Sneak and Breach, basically any prison variant like MUD or Stax or what have you and Tezzerator are what I can think of off the top of my head

>Have to buy Chalice
>Dislike prison strats
>but still want to be able to play other decks if it comes to that

Guess I might have to become what I hate

it's good just to own them.

UB landstill feels a lot like a traditional draw go control deck in my opinion. I've been messing around with a UWr landstill deck recently; You get terminous and mentor, so it feels kinda like miracles.

>open 2 xmages
>make rated game
>give myself free wins
>get super high rating

other than my dignity what do i have to lose?

its not like xmage rating means anything though

except for IMITATION in casual matches, its mind games

What happend to doomsday after sdt was banned?

What are the Flagstones of Trokair for?

The people who played it before were all masochists so we still all play it. Ideas unbound was replaced with Act on Impulse. Tops were swapped for preordains, and most people added moreally lotus petals for better empty the warrens. I'm on something like this:

3x Doomsday
4x Burning Wish
1x Act on Impulse
1x Laboratory Maniac

4x Ponder
4x Brainstorm
4x Gitaxian Probe
3x Preordain
1x Edge of Autumn

4x Cabal Therapy
3x Duress

4x Dark Ritual
4x Lotus Petal
4x Lion's Eye Diamond

4x Polluted Delta
1x Scalding Tarn
2x Bloodstained Mire
2x Misty Rainforest
2x Underground Sea
1x Volcanic Island
1x Badlands
1x Tropical Island
1x Swamp
1x Island

Sideboard
1x Doomsday
1x Tendrils of Agony
1x Infernal Contract
1x Empty the Warrens
1x By Force
1x Massacre
1x Duress
1x Flusterstorm
2x Surgical Extraction
2x Abrupt Decay
2x Xandtid Swarm
1x Echoing Truth

Thinking about cutting the green splash though.

If someone was thinking about getting into the deck now, what's the "stock" list you'd recommend they test out?

10/10 comfy aesthetics

7/10 aesthetics. needs sixth edition wraths

what are some other aesthetic decks?

I'd play a straight grixis version with 3 petals and an extra preordain compared to what I'm on. Sideboard would play more echoing truth instead of decay.

what's the best way to make proxies if I don't feel like printing a bunch of card images

I'm thinking about buying a light color sharpie and writing on the back of bulk cards