Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

justicar alaric edition

Old thread: >Chaos (and I guess Chaos as a whole)
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Omegas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First to post CSM/GK points gets free (you)s

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailymash.co.uk/politics/warhammer-more-than-just-a-hobby-says-miliband-2012052127935
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Rich Evans plays 40k

Quiver in fear corpse worshipers!!!

GW fucking nerfed Huron

So does Nick Clegg and George Osborne

AM I SUPPOSED TO PUNCH TANKS AS A GREY KNIGHT? WHERE ARE MY LASCANNONS? Seriously, am I supposed to?

Charge with plasma

You fight daemons not tanks baka!

Sure he gets all sorts of psychic powers and shit.

fucking generic

how many warpflamer should i give my rubric marines?

Perhaps ninth for Thousand Sons?

So sergeants become the warlord if I'm reading this right
Sauce

Source?

Aircraft. Stormravens and Stormtalons.

Dude. Stormtalons Interceptors and Las-Noughts. I'm glad we got the little fliers. Really helps with anti air.

>tfw no Grand Master Mordrak or Justicar Thawn

Not characters.

Just as planned!

Can I ask where this new meme comes from? I know what their channel is, just don't get the reference

Sergeants aren't characters. Lords, Sorcs, and Exalted Champions.

Sorry milliband and Osborne
thedailymash.co.uk/politics/warhammer-more-than-just-a-hobby-says-miliband-2012052127935
he would have been our second Jewish primeminister if not for a sandwhich photo

That's what you get for playing Huron

Are you me user? I nabbed a box of Rubrics recently and I'm thinking about what I should use. I already have 20 Rubrics with bolters and soul reaper cannons, 30 tzaangors for bodies, and a scarab occult unit. Is an all-flamer unit worth it to take on hordes and genestealers?

Rich Evans once mentioned Warhammer.

Ergo he must play it. And New Meme? I've posted about it once before.

That's a spoof m8.

>t.shill

Reposting from old bread.

Is there any point in running reavers or hellions in small units of like 5 or 3?

r8 my painting station

Can I use the alpha legion stratagem to deploy a unit 9 inches away from the enemy multiple times?

Objective takers/tarpits.

1. No, you can only target things that are in LoS. You can't declare shots against things that 'will' be on LoS in the future.

2. You target the closest character.

At least I'm not a Huron autist

>Painting outdoors
Cease this.

How so? Were you counting on Red Corsair cultists that much?

1. No
2. Wounds dont spill unless a special rule specifically says so

Thoughts on the 2++ NDKGM?

Why are these Huron guys so salty?
Just play Lufgt.

Whats wrong with punching tanks user, they give you d3 and hammerhand.

Thanks, I figured as that's RAW. It's just strange having to fire ALL OF THE SHOTS from something like a land raider or storm raven into an ethereal while the other character behind it gives me the finger.

Some changes are tough to get used to is all..

No he doesn't. He said he found the concept interesting but he doesn't know anyone who does, anywhere near him that distributes and there was no point.

yes. deployment is not a phase so the once per phase restriction on individual stratagems does not apply. you could blow ALL your cp in deployment

what case is that?

What is the best way to transport a Berzerker army, specially against shooty guard lists?

No, you're not. Just a generic autist.

>>tfw no Grand Master Mordrak or Justicar Thawn
I too, know that feel.

Anyone have the Wojak Grey Knight image?

Ony thing I can this of is they were using his aura for cultists. Otherwise he's better. Free CP and a more offensive aura.

Playing a 2v2 2000pts each game today with a fellow Guard player who are you anons rooting for?

And any games you're playing?

I dunno man. Guy gets 1 rule changed and now the sky is fucking falling.

Thoughts on 3++r2 so effectively 2.33++ Magnus?

Looks peaceful. Where you at user?

Nothing at all, I'm just new and was wondering "wat do" when I finally field my boys and they encounter a tank

Medium GW one.

Why?

More on Red Corsairs fearless berserkers.

>this of
think of

Can it fit a landraider in there snuggly?

Just think of it as having to wait for the smoke to clear a bit to get a clear shot. I find vehicle close combat and flamers auto-hitting aircraft harder to interpret.

Who gives a shit about fearless on marines? The re-roll aura is better in that case. Morale is not a big deal unless you're dealing with hordes of chaff.

Not that user, but how else are you going to breath in paint fumes?

How has he been nerfed, was his points cost increased massively, as he got the extra CP ability

Probably, just need to move around the foam in one of the compartments.

Biggest thing I've tried to fit in mine is a Foetid Bloat Drone and it works fine.

So, from what I understand an 11inch charge would never fail yes? Barring penalties.

Considering you'd have to be within 12inches to charge and you only need to get within an inch.

I need help deciding on an army - it can't be marines of any kind and primarily elite close combat based , I'm thinking maybe big bug tyranid, is there any army that fits this criteria?

Pls respond

Yes.

This is now an Aeldari /gen/

What? You roll for that shit. The fuck are you talking about?

Orks, Tyrannids, Genestealer Cults, and Chaos Daemons are what you're looking for.

Harlequins

I think he meant an 11" charge roll.

no, by RAW you can make 13 inch charges now

Looking at grabbing some Aggressors or Reivers for my Deathwatch army. How are they? How do they play?

Rhinos

5 in a unit of 10 seems about right, puts them at around 300 points.

>Why?
Outside weather doesn't interact well with drying paint.
Also my dog got his paws on my librarian a good few years back...

I thought that went without saying.
I meant if you rolled an 11 you'd never fail if there aren't penalties.

Daemons or Orks

Spartan LR or Stormeagle

Necrons.

He's asking if you could ever fail a charge after rolling an 11.

It's still possible to fail if you have to cross a wood. That reduces charge distance by 2", but wouldn't necessarily be accounted for when measuring if you're within 12".

It's too difficult to make cover these days and transports are expensive, so just sprint at their lines screaming.
Staying out of rapid fire/Flamer range at the end of your turn helps tremendously.

you can fire the weapons independently, use the bolters on one and the cannons on the other

Rhinos

I'm assuming you mean that, if you are taking a penalty on the charge that would require your result to be 13 or more, and you had a bonus to the roll, then yes.
Though I fail to see how this is different than in 7th.

The point I was making is that you can ONLY declare a charge if you're within 12' of an enemy. And, since you only need to get within an inch, an 11' charge roll will not fail if there isn't a penalty.

Too scum for normal games. Would only do it if Guilliman were on the table.

RHINOS?!

I said BARRING PENALTIES.

Yo, Veeky Forums which of the "Start Collecting" boxes is most worth it for what you get?

Are the thresholds of Strength 5, 7, and over 8 10 specifically a large one or not? I still haven't been able to get a game in. Worked 88 hours this week :(

Pic related
Big Choppas, Choppas, or Klaws

Imperial Guard I think was best? Or was it Ad Mech?

Get your phat ass's out of here.

Tau's is pretty insane value

Doesn't it take CP and a successful power? Meh.

Is there any good guides to making a good Slaaneshi Daemon Prince conversion? Most of the ones I've seen look like shit.

Tau and Nurgle Daemons IIRC

5 and 8 are probably the most valuable ones you'll get.

5s since you wound most infantry on 3s and vehicles on 5s.

8s since you wound most infantry on 2s and most vehicles on 3s/4s.

6 and 7 is pretty meh IMO. Mainly helps vs niche tau or eldar shit I guess.

Eldar Wraith-Host

I'm trying to work out what I want to buy/play. I'm not really interested in Eldar or Imperial Guard, but other than that I can be convinced on a faction.