Cleric

>cleric

Other urls found in this thread:

atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40466#p820859
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Belmonts are rangers

Makes sense why they're so shit against medusas.

I'd say paladin, really. There's not that much of a nature theme.

I'd like to purpose "barbarian"

They're Inquisitors which is a mix of both

I wish Fighters weren't complete shit.
So many characters would obviously be a Fighter if they actually had cool abilities and people weren't so scared to label a character, 'That shit class.'

I believe you were looking for the word propose, user.

To be fair, the class "fighter" tries to hit such a broad spectrum on combatans, that balancing it out to the other martial classes is a huge pain in the ass.

Either they are "that shit class" or hit the other end "why do we need other martials ?" the golden spot in between is dangerously slim.

OG DnD clerics were literally just inquisitors. The first cleric that the class was made for was pretty much just Van Helsing

Posting the fuck up instead of the True Belmont

atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40466#p820859

These stats are for Trevor but you could honestly use them for most Belmonts if not all.

I still don't understand why the belmonts vampire killing artefact is a goddamn whip. What kind of reason would anyone have for taking a goddamn whip and nothing else to fight a vampire. They are supposed to know about fighting since their whole bloodline was basicly so good at fighting that they where banished or something. Why aren't they bringing a sword/spear/steak/ anything else but a whip with them

It's versatile and all the sub weapons are there to handle things that get too close. Except the axe.

Yes, but the belmonts don't bring them with them when they make their way to dracula. They find them in the field. That's like bringing a gun without ammo to war.

It tears flesh. It's a religious thing. The whip is basically flagellating the heretic vampires. It's blessed with holy magic so it's effective against anything evil, and it's symbolic against things that are evil.

Well, it's vidya, but I assumed that, other than Leon who left his weapons with the crusades, everyone's packing a bit of something.

>It's blessed with holy magic
That's a rather extreme understatement, though I guess it also kind of depends on how you feel about Lament of Innocence which is canon so it doesn't really matter how you feel.

The whip is inhabited by the soul of the fiancee of the Belmont clan's progenitor, or at least the guy who started the clan's eternal battle against Dracula.

Arneson first added clerics to D&D because a Chaos aligned player contracted vampirism and a player who got fed up with that overpowered bullshit wanted to play Van Helsing.

I'm thankful for these early player squabbles that gave up the class, then.

I actually didn't know that! Neat. Kind of dumb, but dumb in a profoundly Castlevania way, so neat.

>squabbles
Wasn't really a squabble. There were competing parties.
And just about everyone except David Fant thought Sir Fang was bullshit.

>canon
I really wish we'd never started applying that word to anything but the bible.

>classes
This thread is cancer.

Marx pls go

>posting the underdeveloped golden boy who had all his achievements offscreen
Aria of Sorrow was a mistake.

Yeah. Way better than the Lords of Shadow canon.

Originally it was a morningstar. Go back to Castlevania 1 and Simons Curse. It's a spiked ball on the end of a chain, called a Morning Star.

Took a second, made me chuckle

After you upgrade it. It defaults to a whip.
I wish there was a flail with reach to simulate the Vampire Killer in D&D though.

Why did Castlevania vampires do it so right?