Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Night Lords Edition

Old thread: >Chaos (and I guess Chaos as a whole)
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/chaos-master-of-crusade/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is that head so small?

first for the Enclave

first for templar superiority

I'm just getting into 8th edition and I'm confused about points costs. So a Skorcha (the vehicle) is 49 points, and comes default with a Skorcha (the weapon) as default. Is it 49 points, or do I have to pay the extra for the Skorcha weapon itself?

>EDGE LORDS edition

2 edgy 4 me

First for Or- oh

Question. In a month a store near me is having its anniversary and getting the primaris captain with fist and plasma pistol model.

If I buy it for resell purposes, would it sell? Or would too many people do that since they know they're limited edition/1 per day things?

Thinking about getting into some 40k books. Is the Gaunts Ghost books worth getting into?

You pay 49 for the vehicle and then whatever extra for the guns. So for example 13 for a tax marine, and then 0 for his Bolter (or like 9 for a flamer, etc)

GET IN HERE NIGHT LORDS!! The hunt begins!

So Abaddon is once again the most powerful individual model in the game outside of Titans. Yay or Nay?

The points cost is for the model
Then you pay for his weapons
Think of it as paying for food then ammo

Lots of people would do it but I bet you could flog it for a mark up anyway.

That's a seriously nice model, I would love to buy it and turn it in to a chaos lord

Nah, Girlyman is better like all Ultramarines

Reminder that the DA broke the NL over their knee just as surely as the Lion broke Kurze's back.
And as the added kicker modern day NL trickery finds no purchase on the iron will of the Deathwing

I prefer the Horus Heresy stuff myself

It would definitely sell but it's also kind of a dick move

Jesus fuck. A skorcha used to be like 35 points, now it's 66.

>Bobby Gman is still a thing

How about you read the rules, mate?

What he said. Also Magnus is a thing

What do you call Roboute's Camocloak?

The Guilli-Suit!

So how many more changes via FAQ will the stuff in the indexes get, both improving the game and further proving that GW's "playtesters" didn't do their fucking job?

Note that the articles are no longer written by tourney fags
GW makes no mention about playtesting
They have switched to relying wholly on their FB, emails and phone calls for FAQ questions or changes
And much more

Also WAAC tourney fags are a cancer on the gaming community and should be purged, you can't prove otherwise

Negatory, Guardsman, Abby does more damage, has 2+ save, also halves damage, and gives extra CP.

Kinda' sad really.

Did some kitbashing this weekend, Anons might remember Barry the Blood-Surfer on the left.

*teleports behind you with onager gauntlet*
Kojin wa nani mo arimasen

>implying if WAACfags were involved we wouldn't have the implications you can have groups of 2

Two more Sorcerers on Discs.

That looks damn fine user! The blood surfer must be completed fiiiiinish it.

Has anyone ever tried to create rules for a game set during the Unification Wars on old Terra?

>KHORNATES next to sorcerers

*teleport behind u with dawn blade*
pshh ethereals are lyin'

Strike from disguise, brothers!

>muh invincible genestealers!
top kek

Yep and it was cancer, fitting really

>Think of it as paying for food then ammo
wat
why not guns then ammo?

Say I wanted to start reading 40k books, where should I start. I like nids and stuff.

Because you can scavenge guns but not ammo, and he'll have a gun he just can't fire it

S-stop it gene stealers are elite ELITE!!!!

Now in theory the FAQs are fixing printing errors and unclear wording.

A better question would be how the game would still be balanced given that all space marine infantry can take something like the raven guard or salamanders special rule in addition to obsec at no cost.

Either Space marines pre-codex were MASSIVELY underpowered and needed an armywide -1 to hit buff to make them playable or they didn't playtest for shit and are just codex creeping like usual.

>I like nids
hue
>and stuff.
huehue

are you familliar with the 40k lore ?

Top kek, no not at all. Bobby G and Magnus exist, and by the end of 8th abby won't even be in the top ten.

Are you an idiot. Have you seen Guilliman's statline?

>they didn't playtest WELL for shit
Yes.
>codex creeping like usual.
Well of course, this is New Games Workshop™

>a nerd who has been napping for millenia
Or
>a veteran of the siege of terra who has the blessings of all 4 chaos gods and literally 10,000 years of experience
t. xenos

This is bad, ppl have had the new codexesii for DAYS and still no photodex.

>ICANHASCHEEZEBURGER.COM

>poorfags

Equal points of Genestealers vs Zerkers, Stealers wipe them on the charge before Zerkers can swing once.

So, better hope you can somehow hit first, against the guys charging you out of Deep Strike.

>Stealers wipe them on the charge before Zerkers can swing once.
Oh, what's that? A Strategem?
Oops

Yeah I read the rulebook with lore

Are you retarded? Bobby G gives even more command points, does even more damage than abbadon (since he does D:3 rather than D3, at a greater strength and AP, with the ability to do mortal wound to someone other than himself) has a much better set of buff bubbles, has better shooting, a better invul, more wounds and can get back up.
All for a mere 110 points more than abby

There is no stratagem to hit first. Only after a charging unit has fought. Obviously the nid player is going to make his first swings with the most important unit against another strong melee unit.

I want to start a black tempars army because they look cool

Where do I start? LGS says the best thing to do is to buy the plague/space marines box with the rules because it is the best value.

As a matter of SCIENCE!, I decided to tally up the cogs on Admech models and the numbers of distinctly different base unit designs. Oddly enough, not many Cogs Mech, and most Marine vehicles/larger suits have one or two on anyway. Admech wound up with just as much variety, and far, FAR more considering the relative youth and size of the Admech line to the mega-posterboys.

Also, Marines have a surprising dominance on the robes and cloaks front, and I didn't even count the Dark Angels.
I also didn't go into all the tide of Forge World Marine stuff, in the interests of keeping it somewhat fair between the model line with 9 kits and the model line with hundreds.

When the veteran is a manlet among manlets and the nerd is THE Alpha Chad poor little abbie's going to sent packing

>pic related, little fucker was born for 25mm

memes have really gone a long way innit

Zerkers fight the NPC's three times before they can blink. Daemonettes fight them first even if they get the charge. Go home stealer fag your drunk.

>Zerkers fight the NPC's three times before they can blink.
They don't get to fight even once if the stealers charge.

>Daemonettes fight them first even if they get the charge.
No, then it just becomes alternating, and Tyranids get first pick because it's their turn. So they swing first and wipe the daemonettes.

Read the rules.

reminder that night lords like to lounge around buttass naked during downtime for no goddamn reason at all

As a chaos player who's forces are being supplied by him in the lore, I feel like I should support him even if he comes across as a complete dunce.

Go Abby, I'll lend you a hand anytime!

I'm at work so my napkin math isn't great, but the -potential- damage Abby puts out with strategems, traits and good rolls on Drach'nyen does enough to kill Robby.

Then he comes back from the Armors special rule and Beats the shit out of him.

Regardless, it's a moot point since if you put them up against one another, all you do is succeed in wasting them as they have a slugfest.

>mfw I own abbie and 50 of those metal termies and I put them next to a chad marine to compare size

>LGS says the best thing to do is to buy the plague/space marines box with the rules because it is the best value.
Lol, fuck your shill shop owner.

Get a 10x Tactical squad.
A box of Sternguard.
A box, probably 2 boxes, of shotgun/boltgun scouts.
Get the Black Templar upgrade box.
Get a Land Raider Crusader
Get the Emperor's Champion (or convert your own)
Get Grimaldus

Go fucking nuts.

I am thinking about starting with reivers

>manlet who took 10,000 years to destroy one planet, needing all that time to prepare, fight 12 other crusades to make him have the best chance and he still almost fails, and who then proceeds to job by getting stuck at cadia while his Crimson path goes a full 90° in the wrong direction
Or
>a son of the emperor, who led great crusade 2.0, has brought the imperium back from the brink of collapse twice, is the main reason the imperium has endured for 10,000 years and who reconquered a great portion of the galaxy in a mere century.

Yes, although the first novel is kind of crap and I got bored of them in the last few. Seems that Abnett did too, because he hasn't bothered to finish the series.

Would also recommend Double Eagle (GG spin-off which works well as it's own thing) and Eisenhorn (kind of a prequel to GG, but set in a completely different area and only has one crossover character who is pretty minor).

meant CSM/GK

No, get a Start Collecting: Space Marines kit. The big box is a good value, but only if you have someone to split it with. The SC: SM is much better value since you don't have to meet a chaosfag.

Well that's disappointing, but I can't say I'm surprised though.

Zerkers get the charge by hiding in rhinos?
Rhinos, RHINOS, YOUR ENEMIES HIDE IN METAL BAWKSES.

You start with this book, it is the intro to Tyranid lore

Thank you user I will follow your advice.

I was storing my imperial space marine for resale value, but it doesn't look like its going for much on eBay. Should I keep going or just open and build it?

fuck, I failed
THIS BOOK

I would put the Sternguard last in priority, but it's a great kit and has some great pieces for conversions/upgrades.

How much?

>TFW Forge World is so retarded it made the Macharius Vulcan cost 1 more point if you take it in a Death Korps army because Death Korps twin heavy stubbers are 8 points instead of 7

I'm seeing buy it now prices of £22 and an auction with only one bid sitting at £7 so I mean

Apparently not very valuable.

Yeah.. nah bruh stealers are still hot garbage.

Tyranids can potentially surround the Rhinos and shred them, then the Zerkers get auto-deleted and nids earn 2 kill points for the price of one. Easier said than done in a real game, but I've seen it happen.

A good player will also wait to either crack the transports or wait for the occupants to disembark before launching his deep strike, instead of going all-in on a turn 1 charge gimmick.

The safest way to deploy is to put the elite guys in Rhinos and screen the Rhinos with cultists, and hope the nid player doesn't have enough shooting to thin out the cultist screen enough for an opening in one round. It all comes down to smart positioning really, which is why melee armies are so much more fun than taufaggotry. I'd watch WE vs bugs over IG vs blueberries any day.

I'm working on one at the moment. Big fan of 40k who cares about things like fluffiness, balance and rules looking clean and easy to read, so hopefully I won't fuck it up.

Do Primarches, Space Marines, and and The Emperor even count as human anymore?

>7th
>Tau and Eldar were battle brothers
>8th
>Eldar can no longer ally with Tau and in fluff they're joined at the hip with the imperium

Your napkin math is wrong, unless there's a stratagem trait combo that allows abby to do the equivalent of 3 rounds of combat all before Guillman fights. Bobby G statically kill abby in one round, so even if you use a "fight again" stratagem, Guillman's player will use one of the 3 free CP bobby gives ti fight right after abbadon does, and wipe him out before he can kill him.

Funny thing happened yesterday. Another Ork player and I did a quick Konor campaign game, and he brought out his Weirdboy and Megaboss, while I was running with an old Warboss with an Attack Squig and kombi-skorcha, along with a full 30 boy mob of Choppas (well, 27 since 2 were carrying 'eavy weapons and 1 was a Power-klawed Nob.
(there were more units, but this was the highlight of the 1-round long match).

His Weirdboy used 'Da Jump' to warp his Mega-armoured warboss over on my Warboss and choppa mob's flank.

He shoots my Warboss.
My warboss survives.

He charges my warboss AND the mob of boyz.
My kombi-skorcha takes 2 wounds off him thanks to Overwatch, and he manages to save all the overwatch shots from my boyz.

He goes after my warboss to try and take him out immediately, but my boss manages to make it out alive with 1 wound, and brings his Megaboss down to 4 wounds in retaliation.

Then my mob of boyz gets their turn to introduce the enemy boss' face to their choppa. I look across the table at the other Ork player and say bluntly:
>"You just charged a mob full of choppas. A mob with ONE HUNDRED EIGHT attacks. You really didn't think this one through did you?"

His response as I started rolling dice in groups of 20 (to save time):
>"I had an idea, and now I'm really regretting that idea."

His Megaboss died after 40 choppa attacks.

It was a good day.

>Tau and SM were battle brothers
>this company in charge of the lore

>taudar is dead
Good, let the WAACfags cry me a river

What's the highest cost INFANTRY unit you can think of? Deathwatch terminator with 3x cyclone launchers and 7x SB,PF,meltagun (the special model from the kill team) are a strong candidate (667 points)

First of all Eldar was only AoC with Tau, now they can only ally with other elves

total dick move, let someone else enjoy the damn model

wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/chaos-master-of-crusade/

You forgot land speeders, the three different types of primaris and arguably bikes and jump packs (yes, they are wearing power armour, but they clearly visually distinct) as well as the three different dread styles (box, contemptor, redemptor).

I hate primaris, just knowing they exist make regular marines feel worse.

The fight again stratagem doesn't happen until the end of the phase so the Ultras player doesn't even need to use Counter-offensive to hit before it.

Abaddon will rarely beat Guilliman 1v1. Even Swarmlord usually won't and he outperforms Abby on average I think.

No, they are filthy mutants, and every mutant should be purged on sight.

The Imperium should focus in proper soldiers that do not have a 50% chance of turning traitors.

Do Terra proud son, I'm sending you all of my positive vibrations.

I want to get into 40k and make an Inquisition army
I've played Infinity, WarmaHordes, Warhammer Fantasy pre-AoS, Malifaux, and Flames of War

What's a good starting point range for 40k or could I put together a Shadow War force and just add onto it from there?
What are some essentials for playing Inquisition?
How much will I get shit on playing Inquisition?

Most importantly I must absolutely field an eversor