/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Could a vampire eat blood pudding?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

truewestmagazine.com/weapons-of-the-indian-wars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Could a vampire eat blood pudding?
yes probably more raw than typically comfortable thou

>Could a vampire eat blood pudding?
I would say no. It might consist of blood, to an extent, but in the same way that UV rays aren't the same as sunlight to a vampire, blood based human food probably doesn't count as 'blood' to them.

Ever notice how many people here shit all over a gameline they don't like, for no reason other than a willful ignorance towards what the game is actually about? Usually it's accompanied with some childish pigeon-holing too.

>Werewolf players? Yiffing furfags.
>Vampire players? Fat emo goths.
>Mage players? Aspergers support groups full of dude-crushes on Ian McKellen.
>Mummy players? Mummy issues.
>Demon players? Satan worshipping degenerates.
>Beast players? Lefty pinko gay feminazi safespace transvestite revenge fantasies!
>Hunter players? gun nuts and Supernatural fangirls.
>Changeling players? Fuckin FAIRIES.
>Mortal players? HAHAHA WEAK FUCKSTAINS TASTE THE POWER OF [insert personal favourite splat]
>Geist players? ....wait, did anyone actually buy a copy of Geist? Does anyone ever play it?
>Promethean players? "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good / oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood" fucking karaoke FAGGOt
>Deviant players? Fucking deviants.

If I've forgotten one it's because it's utterly unimportant.

>>Werewolf players? Yiffing furfags.
This one is true tho. Idk about the others.

>>Werewolf players? Yiffing furfags.
>>Vampire players? Fat emo goths.
>>Mummy players? Mummy issues.
>>Demon players? Satan worshipping degenerates.
>>Beast players? Lefty pinko gay feminazi safespace transvestite revenge fantasies!
>>Hunter players? gun nuts and Supernatural fangirls.
>>Changeling players? Fuckin FAIRIES.
>>Mortal players? HAHAHA WEAK FUCKSTAINS TASTE THE POWER OF [insert personal favourite splat]
>>Geist players? ....wait, did anyone actually buy a copy of Geist? Does anyone ever play it?
>>Promethean players? "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good / oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood" fucking karaoke FAGGOt
>>Deviant players? Fucking deviants.

These are all true though.

Like I said, childish pigeon-holing and wilful ignorance, thank you for proving that point.

I notice you left out Mage

>obvious magefag

You're anecdotal evidence that werewolf players aren't yiffing faggots doesn't do much to disprove the overwhelming amount of evidence many of us have seen to the contrary. The fact that it took them more than two full threads to come up with an idea other than 'claws' lends credence to this.

>Promethean players? "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good / oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
This actually made me smile. I will never get a chance to play Promethean.

Let me guess, werefag?

>Somewhat newbie Storyteller here

My players consist(ed) of two werewolf sisters(both Blood Talon), one vampire(Gangrel), two mages(Thyrsus/Moros) and one promethean(Galatea)

After weeks of sessions my players have finally managed to fuck things over wholesale.
>after a dignified shopping spree cadenza the vampire died to a Strix possessed elder due to the machinations of the Moros
>the Moros ended up enslaving the Strix as a means to an end, wanting to utilize it as a 'pet'
>the younger of the two werewolves was BFFs with the vampire, so she and her sister slaughter the Moros for being responsible for the situation
>Thyrsus becomes enraged over the loss of a cabal member and drops a ban on them, then proceeds to torture them for days
>the promethean could only handle the group because the Moros used Mind to supress Disquiet and is now on her own

How do I fix this?

Players who had their characters killed are debating making new ones to expand the storyline. Not sure how to help the werewolves, the thyrsus is pretty jacked and just won't go down in a fight.

Promethean player is forever alone unless we find a way to deal with the Disquiet

>Somewhat newbie Storyteller
>Running Crossover
Why?

Honestly, just end the game. Crossovers with wildly varying powerlevels tend to go sour real quick if there's a hint of in-group drama(as shown in your case).

What's ur plot

Start a new game. Thyrsus is now the BBEG. Alternatively have you tried sleepers + cars. They work pretty good. I had a hunter who's major skill was crafts and drive.
>Go to junk yard
>repair old junk cars
>Slam into monsters
It worked pretty good either we took out the monster or we realized really quickly don't fuck with this thing.

It takes place in a shopping mall in Mexico. Inspired by From Dusk Till Dawn.

Also zombies

Yeah, Mage is a superhero game for "That Guy" type players so completely intolerable they never actually get to play the game, to roll up their Mary Sues and measure their dicks against characters from the lower power, horror splats. The rest are accurate though.

>Mage beats two Werewolves

Suuuuure

Mages are more powerful in the long run, so yes it's more than likely.

>Double posting
Werefags everybody

Don't listen to the other anons. Keep your Chronicle going. I want those were-assholes to learn from their mistakes. Teach them true Mage Supremacy.

I, uh, DO have a man-crush on Ian McKellan,. And Joseph Kucan.

And you forgot Purified, because.. oh, nevermind.

Your players have issues.

The Promethean now lives outside of town. He's going to have to keep his distance from the rest and only meet very rarely in order to keep the DQ from building. Your mages seem a bit overleveled, if they're routinely able to SUPPRESS THE DISQUIET and win a clash of wills against two opponents on the side.

>SUPPRESS THE DISQUIET
Not that hard to shield against it
>win a clash of wills against two opponents on the side.
CoW can only help so much

>Your players have issues.
His/her first mistake was having such an extravagant crossover

Werefag... Bitten by a gay man, cursed to transform, in the light of the full moon, into a preening fay creature, vain, disease prone and promiscuous.

I've had this idea for a Buffalo soldier who was embraced and became a Brujah (old lore) what would be a good weapon from that time for him to hold onto even into the modern night? I think Colt Armys were in use during that time so I imagine him keeping one on hand for special occasions along with regular modern weapons.

Old Brujah? Probably just keep his pistol, yeah. Not like there's much point carrying an arsenal for a vampire, one gun is enough. Allays suspicions that the creepy pale guy is anything more than normal - just another gangbanger, strapped and ready. He can always break out the disciplines later.

I don't have my books anymore although I imagine there are plenty of gangs who are controlled by Brujah at the highest levels. Probably a good counter for the Giovanni controlled gangs that roam around as well (The Giovanni are Sabbat or are they part of the Cam?)

>>Mummy players? Mummy issues.
My sides

I just think body horror and monster wolves are cool, I don't want to fuck an anthropomorphic dog

Hey, I'm new to tabletop and am just trying to figure out if this is the right thread to ask questions about Mage the Ascension? I know WhiteWolfRPG stuff is somewhat connected but there doesn't appear to be a MTA thread anywhere, probably because of the SJW shit.

>probably because of the SJW shit.
You sound stupid already, but yes, this is the WOD&CoD GENERAL, this is indeed the place to ask.

FATHER'S THRUSTING COCK
there's your you for today

Are any of the Kickstarted books on the production line going to come out?

Or are they stuck in limbo, gummed up by more Kickstarters.

Am I missing some sort of meme here? Is the jarring SJW stuff (not the Sisters, but things akin to 'WHY BE STRAIGHT WHEN YOU CAN BE NON-BORING') brought up all the time? It's kinda hard to miss during an initial read.

the line character for mage sucks their dad's cock for powers

Giovanni are more 'neutral' than anything else, with a slight lean toward the Camarilla.

For offing a vampire, a gun is almost useless, especially in oWoD. But people might ask awkward questions if the gangbanger is completely unarmed.

It's usually brought up by one of our team of dedicated trolls when mageposting and white room power wank and semantics games stop. You'll occasionally see actual discussion, but people stopped pasting images of the sidebars ages ago.

You asked for this

Has there ever been an 'average' printed for Vampire: Requiem? Like "People with BP* normally control cities of X size" and "disciplines of 1-2 are for neonates, 3-4 for ancilla, 5-fuck you for masters"? I just see some of the listed stats and ages and they're.. iffy. Like the ruler of London is 230.

How could a Malkvavian impersonate the typical ventrue prince?
I want to have one that diablerized and stole the prince's identity in my upcoming game, but I want to do it right.

Old or New?

Old.

Since the vast majority of writers abandoned ship, OPP is only left with the bottom of the barrel right now, and a lot of them are queer or trans with personal issues with identity politics they insist on putting into the work they do for OPP, and with there being virtually no editorial oversight involved in the development process save proofreading (and even that's kind of shoddy, Beast looks like it was edited by an 8th grader with Word), there's no one with the taste or good judgement to reign in their garbage and throw it in the garbage fires where it belongs.

Oh my friend, you must have forgotten this, from your own favorite, nonetheless!

What's a fun character concept to try in Mage the Ascension? Apparently we're doing a no Technocrats run but I really want to try some sort of shaman or necromancy guy, I'm just exactly sure how to tackle it.

Anybody able to give me some direction on this?

Assuming you've got the physical down with Obfuscate: Make sure your Malk's chosen madness could come off as something the Ventrue would be like. Narcissism, like LaCroix turned up to 11, or OCD (I simply cannot trust you runts to do anything right!) manifesting as a pathological need to oversee everything in his domain.

Pile of dominate, since they're common. A bit of dementation, the subtle stuff like Haunting, to fuck with anyone who starts looking into you too deeply. And pile up the Obfuscate even further, so nobody clever with Auspex manages to penetrate your 'Prince' illusion.

Well he wouldn't be a gangbanger anyways (i know nigs are usually in gangs but come one) and besides, not all Brujah are gangers to begin with and he was embraced in the 19 century so he wouldn't have to be part of a gang anyways.

Well, it allays suspicions where a man unarmed might be looked at askance. Or, the way oWoD is, looked at as a probable vampire.

Well he's not going around cosplaying in his old uniform or carrying the colt army openly so I don't understand where this line of thought is ccoming from, and if worst comes to worst than blush of health or spending blood to look alive will take care of that.

They have just as much pro christian propaganda as they do with inclusive content for gay and trans players. The Lancea et Sanctum, God Machine, Demons and Angels, Lucifuge and so much stuff about angels and stuff for obrimos mages its annoying as fuck.

Thug1: Get him!
Thug2: Hold up homey! He's unarmed!
Thug1: Shit, you mean he's a vampire!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Unarmed = Vampire. Plausible. Especially in WoD.

Um... seriously dude... wtf. Sometimes I wonder what the fuck world players live in.

It's a commonly held belief by players of oWoD, however fallacious, that in oWoD supernaturals outnumber the 'normals' by a fair ratio. This is a clear reference to that.

Humans in oWoD can't pick their noses without it really being a centuries in the making master-plan by the Camarilla, Technocracy, Weaver and Lucifer himself. All at the same time.

It's funny that oWoD Lucifer was probably the nicest bloke in the entire setting.

Wasn't Caine nice to everyone at one point?

I honestly can't think of a time when Caine wasn't a asshole. Maybe Enoch, but it was still a city of immortal bloodsuckers feeding on hapless mortals.

This one is pretty mild though. No preaching, no nonsense with made-up pronouns, no snide "if you don't agree there's something wrong with you" crap. Man werewolves being pregnant is pants on head retarded and the bit about Demons strikes me as a justification for these genderless entities being trans if you want them to, with them keeping a gender identity even between Covers, which makes no sense to me, but I don't play Demon so what do I know?

The Mage one is basically just saying that Mages can construct new identities and if they want to they can use magic to switch genders, and that there are weird sex Legacies like the Daksha, and typically most other Mages don't care.

But of course I imagine some people will leap at any chance to shit on Mage.

Undead Menses is also pretty stupid. "You must identify as female."

Stab your dick off and you count. What wrong user aren't you man enough to stab your dick off?

What is Undead Menses?

A tasty treat for ghouls of all ages.

Undead periods, give small bonus for cruac.

So women are better blood witches than men.

>muh feminism

You don't need to be a female. You just need to identify as one. I remember the last time it was brought up somebody made a case for historical male menstruation or something.

That's fucking retarded.

Yep.

You know, I've been laughing at the werewolf box wholesale and linking it every-goddamn-time someone mentions SJW-type crap in nWoD, but after reading it for the hundredth time I think I see, maybe, what they wanted to say with this.

They mention Luna's Embrace, which basically switches you to the opposite sex fully, right there. It's not hard to think of a way to have a 'guy' have a kid with this - turn into a woman, bang, get preggo, wait a few months, shit the kid out, turn back. You just, technically, had a 'male pregnancy', since the character is still a dude, so to speak.

But then again they rant about their genderfluids right at the start so what the hell do I know?

Clicked wrong reply, I'm a smart man.

Why would there be a gender switching power anyway? Is it thematically appropriate or something?

For Luna? Kind of, sort of.

Found this after modifying search terms a few times;
truewestmagazine.com/weapons-of-the-indian-wars/

Because it worked in Exalted so clearly it's the right way to go :^)

There is exactly one man reponsible for the layout of every single project currently in the "layout" phase.

Art direction includes furious adjustments when illustrators draw the wrong character. Recently a character that was described in the fiction as a young black woman was drawn as an elderly white man.

A dev, claiming to post under anonymity, vented in this thread several months ago about how Redlines meant massive and extensive rewrites because OPP hire total n00bs that turn to vapor when their deadlines are due.

The final authorisation process involves a massive to-and-fro exchange between OPP, WW and the POD company until the proofs meet everyone's standards.

In short, not enough cooks, the restaurant is too big and there's one waiter. Usual OPP incompetence.

I know Mages, Changelings, Demons and Werewolves can make fetishes and other custom magical items, but can Vampires make some ?
I remember some extremely specific rituals that allowed to store vitae in items, but I can't seem to find anything about the crafting of tailor-made magic items for Vampires

Except the Demon one makes perfect sense and adds a layer of depth to covers and the way demons interact with them
And this one is actually based on real-life facts

>Except the Demon one makes perfect sense and adds a layer of depth to covers and the way demons interact with them
How?

Angels are asexual, agendered sentient mechanical tools
They don't naturally reproduce (yes I know about Heirs to Hell, but these are hybrids and a deviation from the angel's original functioning)
The idea they'd conform to gender or sex stereotypes is preposterous, since their true form is not gendered and the covers they wear are essentially just diguises
It's not even preachy, they're just flat out saying that sexless beings don't necessarily follow the same codes as sexed beings

holy shit, since when do we have a DtF: Players Guide in the megas that doesn't give eye cancer?!

Nice! Thanks!
(I guess I'm late to the party but thanks.)

You're anecdotal evidence that werewolf players are yiffing faggots doesn't do much to disprove the overwhelming amount of evidence many of us have seen to the contrary. The fact that so many other posters agree with you proves that you are completely wrong.

Not him but, regardless of whether they're furries or not, playing spiritual border patrol is boring as fuck and werewolves, much like mages, tend to create their own problems by acting like idiots
I even bought the core book when it was first published and I haven't been able to figure out what's interesting about this splat since then

Forsaken 2e packs are now far, far less "spiritual border patrol," and is now more a mix of street gang and bounty hunters.

The re-emphasized "wolf must hunt" focus was a major improvement in 2e.

I always thought the mere existence of Changing Breeds, and it's obvious pandering to furries, spoke for itself about OPP's view of the fanbase.

Werefaggots aren't yiffers in majority
They're just incredibly retarded

The past couple of threads are testament to that

So, did they recenter the plot around the war against the Pure, or did they bring in new antagonists ?

>Werefaggots aren't yiffers in majority
>They're just incredibly retarded

If nothing else, the kinetic shield discussions demonstrate how Werewolf and Mage players take opposite approaches to the games.

Werewolf players appear to approach every problem with tooth and claw, while Mage players use the Arcana as Rube Goldberg problem solvers.

>Jock vs. Nerd
>At least they're not fat, LARPing goths

excuse me?

Is that an actual representation of Masquerader LARPers?

That thing terrifies me.

The Pure are certainly still around and generally in conflict with the Forsaken (and I believe were substantively expanded in one of the eras in the Dark Eras Companion).

OPP added Idigam as major antagonists, but like the Strix and vampires, they're not integral to the setting and can be included as much as the ST or players want.

The "wolf must hunt" refocus along with the Harmony mechanics and a general power doost simply made werewolves more understandable and gave them clear motivations.

The changes to Forsaken were more significant than Requiem and Awakening. I would download and peruse the book. You may be quite impressed.

>excuse me?

I am so beautiful... nom... nom.. nom... I am a powerful creature of the night... nom... nom.. nom.... I seduce you with the powers of Majesty.... .... Anyone have any Twinkies...

Thanks for the info
For now I'm chin-deep in Demon but I'll check it out eventually

I'd slam that piggy

Mmmm... Twinkies...

Version 1.25, now with the Scions of God

I THOUGHT I hadn't done these guys before.
What I was remembering was the Chior of Hashmallim, who are total weirdos with an annoyingly similar schtick.
Oh well, this writeup makes the 'default' path Obrimos, because Angels and Prime go hand in hand.
Try not to get a boner when you write the stats for your Rank 5 God-Form.
Yes, I know you've now got Strength 15, and can snap people and lesser Spirits like twigs.
The cooler part is that you've taken on the form of a literal Spirit, which has been added to your damn SOUL.
Oh, remember to put any wuffles who try to start shit in their place.
You don't want to let the Ladder down do you? No true Thearch would ever bow to lowly half-spirit rage-dogs.

What's the most you've ever done, as a Storyteller, to make World of Darkness more engaging for you players?

For MAGE: the Awakening 2e, I built my players a physical "spell calculator," a kind of flip-book with multiple tabs that they could flip to the desired potency / duration / scale / etc. and see exactly what sort of resources (mana, dice, reaches) they needed to spend to achieve a spell with those parameters.

I ALSO re-wrote every pre-made spell they could cast from the books in a compacted format that could fit on a few sheets of paper, with a lot of the necessary calculations (e.g. how many dice are in my default casting pool?) already done for them, and parts of the text color-coded to distinguish mechanically significant terms or variables.

I put so much work into making that overly complex game accessible to my players, it's kinda funny that after a few months I was the one who decided I wasn't happy with the game and scrapped the whole campaign.

Have you ever gone the extra mile for your players? And was it worth it?

Can someone post the link to the trove, pretty please ?
Or just to the Demon books (specifically core and Flowers of Hell) if you have those

It's in the pastebin in the OP.

Thanks

Did you read all of it? It then goes on to say that the identity of their Covers feel more real to them than their true form, and that some will take on the gender identity of a Cover and maybe even keep it when they change Covers, so you could have a Demon in a female cover that identifies as male, vice versa, or both.

Asexual Demons are fine. I think the reason that that sidebar is in the screencap is because it's essentially fluff justification for these asexual, agendered beings to be transsexual.

To be fair, Magefags weren't stretching anything, going against the spirit of any rules, or making any claims that they couldn't back up. The book does say that Shielding spells offer blanket immunity to natural or mundane phenomena, they used a given example of a Shielding spell as a basis that would allow natural agg damage to affect the shield, and disproved a lot of the nonsense thrown their way ("Shielding spells only block indirect damage", "There's no way a two dot ability could do that", etc). They were literally arguing what was in their book. I checked.

On the flipside Werefags were losing their fucking minds, awoooing and crying that Mage was a Mary Sue game for powerwanking edgelords and claiming that claws were supernatural attacks simply because Werewolves are supernatural, claiming that a spirit attack should Clash against a physical shield, throwing fits about how Mages could apparently render a potent creature harmless, like claws are the only things a Werewolf has, and through it all they only provided one source, for jaws being a mystic attack, and even though it was vague as fuck a lot of Magefags said they would rule it as causing a Clash.