8th edition bants

Is this guy gonna save the imperium or is he hot shit? hes the gene seed son of the emperor and last known living primarch but he isnt a miracle worker.

Of all the choices left to the imperium, he is the best. His specialty is waging war on a massive scale. His orders, though corrupted overtime, led to the imperium surviving for 8-9k years after his "death". With him actually there, things are rapidly changing for the better, even after just a bit over a century.
however, the circumstances of his healing is still in question. it may lead to issues later on since it was basically the warp god of death that healed him.

>His specialty is waging war on a massive scale.\
true that but shouldn't he be worried about the chaos primarchs coming for him? he should be because after the bloody stalemate with russ, angron is probably watering at the mouth at a second chance to kill a loyalist primarch

As much as I am loath to say it but if anyone is going to have a snowballs chance in Hell of saving the Imperium, it's Big Bobby G. Big E sure as fuck ain't gonna do it.

>and last known living primarch
Pic related.

Round two when?

>however, the circumstances of his healing is still in question. it may lead to issues later on since it was basically the warp god of death that healed him.

If anything, it is a literal elixir to his suspension of belief in the supernatural. The true nature of the God Emperor, the true nature of the Ruinous Powers, the true allies in deed which share mankind's mission to protect the galaxy, all of these things he is slowly coming to accept.

If anything, the bitter vile of truth is that he could not have done it alone. He did it with the help of the Aeldari, with the help of a borderline heretek archmagos, and with the help of sons he never wanted. And if there is any victory over the Ruinous Powers, he will have to accept more help before the end - just like how he is coming to accept the true power of the God Emperor.

> and with the help of sons he never wanted

robot giuliani literally told belisarius motherfuckin' cawl to update the space marines and gave cawl all the data he could steal from space dad

He wanted upgraded troops. He got those troops. But as far as parentage is concerned, a vast number of Astartes of both types see him as their father; and he is far removed from those feelings. To him, the true sons of Ultramar whom he loved and commanded died long ago.

>forgetting Vulcan is Perpetual

When Russ gets back to humiliate you again.

Probably never. He only tussled with BobbyG because he was on his last leg of the webway tour to Terra. Its not in his nature to get into wrestling matches.

#notMyPrimarch
If he wasn't an ebbin evil demon prince all along responsible for the current state of shitty affairs, I will lose whatever tiny amounts of faith I've gained in GW with the revival of bloodbowl and the impending revival of necromunda.

Angron also missed on his chance to kill the Boy in Blue. He'll be very interested in finishing their conversation on Nuceria

>When Russ gets back to humiliate you again.
You wish dog-lover.

Was it ever made clear why Magnus wanted to get to Terra? Or was it simply the case that they thought it would be cool to have two Primarchs chat? Which it was.

>Of all the choices left to the imperium, he is the best
I dont think GW is just going to let him lose though, even with this fate of konnor crap. if he loses than the imperium dies, and if the imperium dies than chaos will destroy the galaxy and thats the end of 40k basically. right?

>forgetting Vulcan is irrelevant

I dont think GW is just going to roll over and let him lose tho, even with this fate of konnor crap. if he loses than the imperium dies and if that happens chaos will steam roll the rest of the galaxy. now im all kill for khorne n all but no galaxy no 40k. right?

Even if Konor is lost, that doesn't mean Guilliman or Ultramar loses. Konor is just the entrance to Ultramar. Chaos can't even proceed without taking and fortifying Konor.

>Chaos can't even proceed without taking and fortifying Konor.
Even when chaos randomly warps onto terra and assaults the palace

Ok. Last known LOYALIST primarch

>randomly

Keyword.

But isn't that great, they'll release another loyalist Primarch if Roboute loses.

I wonder how many people would rig matches for Chaos if it meant literally killing off Guilliman for good and removing his option from the rules.

i wouldnt be the first time in either 40k or AoS

So storm of chaos again?

>His specialty is waging war on a massive scale.
I'd have said his specialty was more organisation and bureaucracy, myself.

The Lion would be better at pure war. Well, Horus would probably be the best, but that ain't gonna happen for obvious reasons. The Lion'd just be crap when it came to trying to get the Imperium to work with him. They'd probably work quite well together if they were both awake - Guilliman manages the Imperium and navigates the byways of power, the Lion deals with the actual waging of war.

It wasn't random. Khorne opened the Warpstorm that vomited the daemonic forces that besieged. The new CSM codex timeline says that after the daemons failure, the World Eater warbands are gathering up to launch their own attack on Terra and this time they intend of reaching the Throne of Emperor and beheading him. Terra will fall.

>the World Eater warbands are gathering up to launch their own attack on Terra

They couldn't do it when they were the actual World Eaters Legion and 7 other legions fighting alongside them. No one cares about some paper-tiger warband.

I tried reading Dark Imperium to see what he is up to but I have up a couple of chapters in at his tenth whinge about the Emperor not loving him.

>Throne of Emperor and beheading him.
GW have hinted to the emperors death in this edition when they previewed the lore a few weeks back. i think its possible that they could do it because of how spread out and confused the imperium is at the moment. an organized horus heresy style attack on Terra led by Angron himself? the custodies would get slaughtered before the Imperial Fists had time to put on their power armor

The Custodes withstood five years in the Webway, it'd be kinda bullshit if they somehow lost to just Angron and a little warband.
I suppose they could write it up to be Guilliman's fault, as he drew too many Custodes away from the Imperial Palace for them to be able to effectively defend him. They still do have to get through titan legions and stuff though.
It'd be a prime moment for Valdor's return however.

He can't be the civil leader, military high command AND general of crusades just by himself. He needs his brothers back.
Get the Khan for crusading and spearheading offensives and Lion for general war.
Lion will obviously fall to Chaos though.

>WEfags seriously believe a bunch of lunatics can achieve what Horus and the traitor legions could not at the height of their power

There's 10k custodes on Terra. Half that would throw the WE back into the warp. And that's before you take sisters of silence, assassins, the solar defence fleet and fortresses and god knows what else.
It ain't happening lads

>And that's before you take sisters of silence, assassins, the solar defence fleet and fortresses and god knows what else.

Khorne teleported eight legions into the palace. Orbital and non-custodes personnel defenses are irrelevant. The customers DID kill the daemons though.

someone should make a sub thread about how the custodies are overpowered in the lore. not anyone could mop the floor with daemons

didnt khorn already try that?

and then got beat hard

Lion becomes the Warmaster, he would be managing the general war effort

When the astronomicon falls, Khan will be conveniently back and will be the one to lead new imperial fleets to chart the now available webway with his knowledge of the place.

Lion is the most loyal Primarch

Considering getting into 40k. Where can i find basic lore and understanding of the races and whatnots.

Tau seems based.

i just want to see my Khan impale dark eldar bitches on his mighty spear

>Lion is the most loyal Primarch
ok no one actually saw Lion get a daemon sword to the face or bend knee to the ruinous powers but he has been in the warp a long long time. only the emperor himself could survive the warp for that long.

Surviving warp infested hell completely unaffected is literally his childhood

go to a different thread for that m8

>Surviving warp infested hell completely unaffected
Yea but it was only 25 years or so until the people of that world took him in, but were talking alone in the eye of terror for almost 10k years. i know the primarchs dont age but thats a long time and lion was no psyker so he is as vulnerable to the warp as the other primarchs

Well that's thing, custodes are an entire army of not just anyone

i just picture the custodies using a bloodthirsters dread locks as a mop to mop all the blood off the shiny palace floor

The Lion's been sitting in the rock for 10k years, not the eye. He's also a little psychic like all the primarchs. In one book he annihilates a lord of change by making his sword go all force weapon like.
The Lion as a child had a stronger willpower than most primarchs in their prime

>The Lion's been sitting in the rock for 10k years, not the eye.
ya got me there, i got him and russ mixed up somehow and its only a rumour that russ went into the eye

>magic tall man solves every problem in the galaxy with his robot plot device sidekick
Why even put a ten thousand year gap between the Horus Heresy and current date if they're going to treat it this way? Seriously why the fuck is there a giant hole in the setting where nothing happens. Same characters, same plot points and overarching story, why the fuck make it so far apart.

>ten thousand year gap
because the last horus heresy book was printed in 2014

>Terra will fall.

Eventually, but I doubt your merry band of ragehead space zulus will have anything to do with that

do smell a space doggy?

>2017
>playing anything SM / CSM

No bro I play guards like half the real men do. (other half play orks)

>angron is probably watering at the mouth at a second chance to kill a loyalist primarch
>implying he won't get punched out by the grey knights again
guarantee we get a scene of a dreadknight grand master 1v1ing angron and winning

I swear to fucking god that if GW take this as an opportunity to have a second heresy and give Chaos Primaris Marines when they get disillusioned with Gully not treating them as sons I'll be so mad.

Chaos will be getting primaris esque marines but it won't be heresy 2.0 it'll be Bile finally getting his shit together

>known living primarch
The lion is still alive, just the dark angels never freaking thought to check the basement under grandpa's old tapestry collection.

More reasons that prove Chad marines are a bad idea. Rowboat ended up giving chaos reinforcments

That was also while the Astronomicon briefly turned off.

Why does Magus have nipples on his head?

>the dark angels never freaking thought to check the basement under grandpa's old tapestry collection.
when the dark angels never freaking thought to check the basement under grandpa's old tapestry collection.

wait i fucked that up
kms

you get the idea damm it

>Tau seems based.
Unironically the worst faction in the game by far.
You have shit taste faggot

only good faction, everyone else is dildoes

nice bait m8