Warhammer 40K General (40KG)

Fortified Position Edition

>Chaos (and I guess Chaos as a whole)
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning the tabletop. Imperium winning painting and model purchases.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

How are Fortifications this edition?

>doesn't link the previous thread
Why are recent OPs all so shitty?

Necrons are not good in 8th edition. Highest placing Necron player took 42nd at BAO.

42nd.

Do these sexy fuckers have rules in 8th? I dont think they do..

To the user who wanted to know how forgefiends perform in 8th, they are possibly worse than they were in 7th. Do not bother using one. Going to try out my lord of skulls next game.

Would a Slaaneshi warband based around the theme of being corrupt, arrogant knights focused on the pursuit of martial perfection instead of degeneracy work?
I was thinking of them maybe having some perverted code of honor in which they ignore civilians because you can't get any better when you're fighting people who can't fight back, and using hordes of cultists like medieval armies would use peasant levies, and trying to go after other champions in honorable duels to prove their martial prowess.

Then it be Khorne instead of Slaanesh.

Being the arrogant knights that they are, it's likely they'd slaughter civilians without a thought simply for being in their way. Perhaps even going so far as to be insulted that one so lowly has had the privilege of bearing witness to their perfection, and as such should die.

Or maybe they find a joy in killing their lessers, seeing it as a kind of blessing that the last thing they see is their own magnificence. In that case, they'd want to slaughter everyone, possibly dragging out their agonizing deaths, so that they can bear witness to their beauty that much longer.

>Being the arrogant knights that they are, it's likely they'd slaughter civilians without a thought simply for being in their way. Perhaps even going so far as to be insulted that one so lowly has had the privilege of bearing witness to their perfection, and as such should die.
So... a bunch of Slaaneshi Marines with the personality of Joffery Baratheon?

I hate them already. They're perfect.

It really is impressive how they made a bad unit even worse

Post characters you miss

I dont really miss him because he really was never an actual character but I do wish to know more of his efforts in skull-fucking Gue'vasa planets.

Crimson fists, 1995 points

Vanguard Detachment

>HQ

=Pedro Kantor=

=Lieutenant=
-Plasma Pistol
-Fist of Vengeance

>Elite

=Sternguard Veterans=
-Veterans with Special Issue Boltgun x7
-Veterans with Lascannons x2
-Veteran Sergeant with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol

Above x6

>Heavy Support

=Devastator Squad=
x4 Missile Launcher

Above x2
Run as a big gunline. 12 Lascannons and 8 missile launchers, all rerolling hits, and 1's for wounds. If they get close, 84 -2 ap boltgun rounds to the face, all rerolling hits and 1's to wound. if they get into combat, Pedro gives them all +1 attack, each sgt is doing 4 power fist attacks, rerolling hits and wound rolls of 1.

necrons are fine.

Alpha Legion

What makes them not worth it is it their machineguns weapon profile what is it that makes them bad

has a unassembled box and wondering what it should be ran as right now

How are they fine? What do they have that's good?

if it's based on the pursuit of perfection rather than to conquer the strongest and (collect skulls/blood/be strongest) you'd be wrong. Khorne used to have the "noble warrior" to be the greatest achetype but it;s long since been left to the wayside. Duelists, especially in 40k, driven by perfection tend almost completely to fall under slaanesh

Tau here. I want melee units.

Are there any Space Marine chapters besides Ultramarines that have fought alongside Tau in the fluff?

If I start dipping into other factions to build casual side detachments I want to make sure there's at least some lore to back it up.

I don't see the point of most types of transport any longer. You can move and shoot heavy weapons.

Primaris don't really need them but thankfully the one they do have is a fucking beast and it's multifaceted as a battle tank too.

Drop pods are still useful because you can drop in behind the enemy but the days of the rhino and Razorback are at an end. There's just better stuff I can take with those points.

Agree?

It serves all of them
>Khorne gets his blood
>Slaanesh gets xis excess
>Tzeentch gets his betrayal (civilians killed by their knights)
>Nurgle gets his
I actually know fuck all about Nurgle because he has no appeal to me

I think it's they still over value invul saves on big models. Although BS 4+ and degrading down to a 5+ rather quickly is doing it no favors either

I'm starting a chaos warband that is loyal to the dark mechanicus as a retainer. They are given unique wargear in exchange for protection and attacking other forges and enemies. What is a good name for these guys?

Bring Kroots hounds, dozens of them

What do you know about him?

I'm new to most of the lore and want to gobble up any and all Tau fluff that doesn't revolve around them winning all the battles because they're just so darn smort.

Despair from the civilians taken as slaves?

I hate Kroot. Vespids a shit too.

>days of the rhino and Razorback are at an end

Rhinos are still good as a cheap delivery system and since marines are lacking in tarpit units the Rhinos can also double as buffer for assault units that you dont want to engage, especially good against armies that may want to get a turn 1 charge as you can simply feed them a rhino and keep your goodies safe for another turn.

>I hate Kroot.
Well...you're dumb

Funny that the best use for them now is a speed bump for assault units.

I'd still rather use those points for other stuff.

Does that thing even have rules in 8th?

No, FW said they'll release a pdf for their discontinued models

Probably like their AoS Monsters Manual

So, how much longer until Admech gets an update? With the new indices, Admech changed from a mid-ranged and very aggressive army into a more typical gun line army. I want the new codex to fix this, and give us some new toys as well, but at the moment, their playstyle just does not fit me.

In the meantime, I am looking at other armied; Tactics that I like are close range armies with lots of dakka, but aren't exactly close combat masters.

Any suggestions?

I would magnetize it so you can have it be a forgefiend or maulerfiend with any load out. Ectoplasma cannons are absolutely awful, short range, not a lot of damage for how much it costs. Hades autocannons have a decent profile, but a havok squad with autocannons are 20 points cheaper and do a better job. BS4+ base but it's profile has it go to 5+ then 6+ as it gets wounded and if it moves it suffers the -1 to hit rolls. The model is rather large so it will never get cover.

>Exalted Champion on a daemonic mount isn't a thing
fuck, can't summon Herald's and Daemon Princes to give him buffs
Giving him the DAEMON keyword and some extra speed and attacks would be so cool.

Ahhhh. I'd totally go for some of those then. Terror birds riding terror birds.

So i just realized something interesting.

i've been playing plasma and combi plasma weapons wrong.

Seems if a character with multiple woulnds fires a plasma weapon in overcharge that character is slain outright .. even if he has more than 1 wound.

the only exeption i've found so far is kharn the betrayer as his pistol states specifically it only gives him 1 mortal wound on a 1.

i looked everywhere and the combi plasma says to look at the plasma guns for special rules.

Plasma gun states on a roll of 1 the user is slain. (not takes a mortal wound)

well shit i guess i'm not using combi plasmas on multiwound characters or pistols (or ever overcharging them)

Ork Nobz loadout? Looking at a 9 Nob unit and a Banner Nob in a Battlewagon

Thanks thats what i figured, by and by, with the way the fight phase has change, (and i know a think about combat phase i play orks as my main army)

would a maulerfiend simply be better points spent? No guns no spitting plasma
just mauling

Yes, they're outright murdered.

Which is why I will have won 8th edi. if I ever get Treason of Tzeentch to kill a character with a plasma weapon by having them fire it overloaded and die

>Castellan Draco first rose to prominence as part of Marshal Ludoldus' Sword Brethren during the bitter Vinculus Crusade, in which he fought the renegade Inquisitor Lord Vinculus. He was badly wounded after the battle and his body was reconstructed with bionics. He was awarded the rank of Castellan and was given a relic suit of the Chapter's finest armour for his valor. Draco was further recognised when he was presented with the former Inquisitor's blade as a mark of gratitude from the Ordo Hereticus.

There was a blurb on the 6th ed Tau Codex of the Punishment Crusade led by Draco that was raiding Gue'vasa worlds and thats all it was, thought it was really cool.

Better, still not great. It hits on a 4+ because GW has the idea that sticking a raging daemon in a box makes it retarded

Always depends on what kind of killy you want. Burn, chop, smash, stab, shoot?

Alright, so I'm just getting into the hobby and I'm trying to compile a 1000pt list I can start working on in the future so I have a rough idea of what I want to start off collecting and painting. I'm am totally and absolutely new, so explain your criticisms to me like I'm an idiot, I'm trying to go for kind of a 'search and destroy' type army in terms of fluff. I also apologize if this is formatted shitty, I'm not what the best way is to present this.

989/1000 pts

HQ
Primaris Captain - 122 pts
>Master-crafted power sword and Boltstorm gauntlet

Primaris Librarian - 105 pts
> Force Sword, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades

Troops
Intercessor Squad - 104 pts
>4x Intercessor Squad - Bolt rifle, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades
>Intercessor Sergeant - Bolt rifle, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades, power sword

Intercessor Squad - 104 pts
>4x Intercessor Squad - Bolt rifle, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades
>Intercessor Sergeant - Bolt rifle, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades, power sword

Intercessor Squad - 110 pts
>5x Primaris Intercessors - Stalker bolt rifle, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades

Elites
Reiver Squad - 100 pts
>Bolt carbine, heavy bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades, shock grenades, grapnel launcher - 100

Heavy Support
Hellblaster Squad - 172 pts
>4x Hellblaster Squad - Plasma Incinerator, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades
>Hellblaster Sergeant - Plasma Incinerator, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades

Hellblaster Squad - 172 pts
>4x Hellblaster Squad - Plasma Incinerator, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades
>Hellblaster Sergeant - Plasma Incinerator, bolt pistol, frag grenades, krak grenades

I see no reason to play tiny Marines now.

Yes - Chads are more expensive BUT they also can take double damage and their weapons are better in every way.

Reivers are better than Assault Squads
Intercessors are better than Tacticals
Hellblasters are better than Devastators

Is there any Marinelet unit that Chads don't surpass?

couple of klaws to taste and a few staabas or choppas and the rest just vanilla to soak wounds and throw str5 atks

Or just go crazy with kombi-skorchas and a few klaws
they do work.But it's a battle wagon
Why not 2 units of 9 a big mek and the bannder nob? yolo (don't actually do this unless you're having fun)

What clan is most fitting for a ork deff dred warband? I'm thinking Deathskulls but bad moons could work too, or even Goffs

>Tfw this week's special unit is tanks

That is reallly sad

*big choppas to taste and the rest vanilla

honestly i think it's kind of lame that it outright murders them (multiwound) it feels really odd.

meh.

single wound models are better for soaking up multi-damage firepower, whereas chads make taking an army of high damage weapons more worthwhile.

I own 3, Molly, my first, has seen the table once.
But the codex has some price cuts so Dino Madness may return

>damn they thought of a really obvious combo before I did
Gosh I feel so bad for you

>more expensive units are better than less expensive units
Call the police!

Shit son. Go easy on Chaos or they'll bitch to GW and get OP as shit again.

Most of the shit that sucked got improved/cost reduced in the new Chaos Codex, are you sure that Ectos didn't get changed? I think Ectos are far more popular than doom siren and doom siren got changed...

>fighting with swords = khorne
Wow, we've got a genius over here

Yeah, they're called the Pre-Heresy Emperor's Children

Anyone have any experience with Aggressors?

been looking for a cheap (160~ pts unit) that's good against hordes.

thinking about putting them into a repulsor to drive them where they need to be and park their asses down and rain fury.

I was honestly wondering if someone could craft an argument as to why you would be better served by taking a Tactical squad instead of an Intercessor Squad.

I just don't think that 1 Heavy Weapon and 1 Special Weapon on 1 wound models make that much of a difference.

Is that not the point of giving them the Daemonic Keyword?
Summon a Herald to give your possessed, warp talons, daemonic mounted lord/sorcerer, mutilators, oblits, and daemon engines +1 strength?
I can still summon it for the other two, but the new character champion getting a mount would have been perfect since I intend to build three CSM on Steeds of Slaanesh through a kitbash later, so missing out on one is just a little sad is all. I'm still totally building them, just two lords and one sorcerer.

>I don't think that having one missile launcher with game-wide split fire would be good
It might help if you learned to play 40k, make some army lists and played a few games before you go theorizing

3 bolter aggressors sitting next to a gravis captain wiped out a squad of 20 necrons in a game yesterday.

The amount of dakka they put out when stationary is bananas.

Played against them the other day and the sheer amount of firepower they can churn out is absurd, but a squad of Havocs makes mincemeat of them.

Still waiting

Why would anyone put two fucking stormbolters on a cargo container?

>someone who isn't a demon
>doesn't get the demon keyword
>and you can't make him into a demon by putting him on a demon horse
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that's crazy!

Can you mix and match Legion Tactics in a single detachment, or is it 1 per detachment?

Took me a few seconds to get the primary crossovers. Let me give this a shot, keeping in mind lats time I played Smash was Melee.

Top right: Some pink haired girl as Johnny from the Shining
Top mid: The Icarus goddess as Lum from Lum Invader
Top right: Princess Peach as Sailor Moon
Mid left: Wii Fit chick as Dhalsim from Street Fighter
Mid mid: Marth's granddaughter as I dunno
Mid right: Samus Aran from Zero Mission/Zero Suit Smash Bros as Boba Fett/Mandalorian
Bottom left: Some Fire Emblem chick I'm assuming as Rin from Fate/Stay
Bottom Mid: Rosalina as Mercy from Overwatch
Bottom Right: Zelda? as Elf from Dragon's Crown?

To keep Hillary's Haitian Cargo from escaping and running to the cops. John Podesta fucking wishes he had storm bolters on his shipping containers.

a single missile launcher in a tactical squad....

If you want missiles why not just have a fucking devastator squad with 4 missile launchers with split fire? At least that way they can sit somewhere safe and shoot from a distance.

You don't install M2 Brownings on your shipping containers IRL?

God knows when.
I'm fucking pissed that the Dominus is an obligatory HQ for every three squads when we were able to field entire armies without them.

Now I'm pretty sure you're just being a dick, characters on daemonic mounts has always been a CSM thing, we still have the index datasheets, just the new one didn't get one and I wish he did. What's your point?

Nice digits. You still obviously don't know how to play 40k and have obviously never built an army or played a game, so I don't think I can help you until you do the basic reading.

I'll give you a hint. There are certain types of units that have high wounds but require a squad to be close to them to attack them in the shooting phase. That is one of the many reasons a heavy weapon might come in handy at close range. Pic related to answer the rest of your questions.

>take 10 tactical marines
>split in combat squad
>now you have one squad with two special weapons and one squad with a 48" D6 damage heavy to sit on objectives

This beats every other alternative for this job, such as having 5 bolter bodies sitting on the objective or buying something like sniper scouts.or stalker intercessors, and also gives you flexibility to not combat squad in KP missions or if you drop all your objectives in the middle or the enemy's side.

They are good but you have to be smart with them, they are not as durable as they appear.

However, if you can get them into the right spot and sit, they will do horrific things.

Honestly, their best asset is DISTRACTION CARNIFEX. They look scary so the enemy is going to want to either avoid them or focus on killing them asap.

I'm just saying, GW clearly isn't trying to support the old mount conversions anymore because they don't sell them anymore. That's their entire reasoning. If you actually own one you are still allowed to use it, but new models do not support that legacy rule.

Want to get some Night Lords books for a friend to read, since he likes the legion. Any recommendations?

I think there's a comic about night lords... Bat Man, I think it's called? Not sure I don't know much about comics.

10 man tacs can only take 1 special and 1 heavy.

Do you think they're worth getting for their point cost or is there something that does the job just as good while being more survivable?

I wasn't even around for when they sold those models, I'm making my three anyway.

What's a sergeant you might ask?

Anti hordes? Inceptors are pretty good.

>still no Death Guard releases

GW please Im dying here

That's not even going into how fucking ball knockingly expensive they are. 135 points for a dude with a statline shittier than a captain. What the fuck.

>This

That's what you get for being the half of the box that no one wants.

Weird bit is we know what they are going to get model-wise, just no idea what the rules will be

Are Inceptors overcosted? My friend keeps going on and on about how theyre so expensive for what you get.

Farsight Enclaves!

As others have said, Kroot and Farsight Enclaves. I think the most fluffy ally option would be IG for Gue'vesa, but that isn't terribly melee.

vanilla inceptors are 180 pts (after the pts buff from the recent codex)

they shoot 18 S5 AP-1 D1 shots at 18'' rang (after deeptriking 9'' away) which can make mince meat out of a lot of things

I think they're brilliant although the model poses are a bit goofy and a pain in the ass to put on those stands unless your glue cements on contact.

Plasma inceptors are 258 pts shooting 6D3 shots that are just plasma profile, so they are significantly more expensive

When will the Aeldari get a new model for he Avatar of Khaine? it's current short and squat model really looks quite dated.

>making legacy models for the pleasure of getting +1 strength
You're a genius, you've really managed to beat the system. Buddy, I'm proud of you.

Just use the FW model
Expensive, but worth it

Thats one of the things he complains about, given the statline. Im of the opinion theyre fine.

The tiny DPs and Avatar are the awesome ones you fools. Why do you want a giant easy to target and difficult to transport model anyway?