Magic Standard Showdown event

>Magic Standard Showdown event.
>Playing against a girl
>She casts Anticipate
>Selects the one card and puts the rest on the bottom of her library and passes turn
>I go through my turn and declare entering combat stage
>She says, "oh wait I changed my mind"
>Takes cards from the bottom of her deck and puts them INTO her hand.
>I tell her she can't do that and someone tells me to call a judge so I do
>As the judge is walking over she concedes the game and doesn't want the judge to explain anything to her.
>I apologize for that situation happening and she actually refuses my apology
Was I an asshole here? I'm autistic but try to be on my best behavior in public. To me she just altered her deck without a card allowing her to do so, took steps out of tern, and also added cards from her deck to her hand with no triggered ability, which to me is flat out cheating. Granted, she is new, but I felt like she came off as a major cunt for refusing my apology for the situation.

Was I an asshole here?
>no
/thread

She was wrong. Sounds like a bitch

She is a cunt
It's a fucking tournament not a friendly. Having a vagina doesn't get you brownie points.

Nah, you didn't do anything wrong. She was retarded. She knew she did something wrong because she wouldn't even let the judge say anything about it. Don't know how you worded what you said though, so you may have still come off like an asshole in your speech.

That shit drives me up the wall.

>swing with small dude
>opponent doesn't declare blockers, just moves his life total down
>boost attacker with instant for lethal damage
"What, oh actually I block"

Oh I never let that happen (this is OP). I always ask, ok, so no blockers, or ok, so those are your blockers? I'm no pro magic player but so many people don't understand rules.

You weren't wrong to call a judge, this is standard showdown. If she was a bitch to you she's in the wrong, but if she just didn't want you to apologize then maybe she's not a bitch. After all if you're in the right and she realizes that then maybe she just didn't want an apology; like would you apologize for using removal or telling her she has to tap lands to cast a spell? It might feel condescending towards a new player, especially since she just did a big nono

I specifically said, "You can't do that" followed by, "now you have your cards from the bottom of your deck mixed into your hand" and then someone told me to call a judge so I said, "judge". That's how it went. Well, she tried telling me that she knows what cards are what and then conceded as the judge got closer.

I specifically said I apologize for this happening.

I see your point though.

Well who knows then, some people jsut react badly to stress or are bitches.

No you were in the right, except maybe for playing magic. Your only mistake was bothering to mention that this was a girl. Doesn't sound like it made any difference in any way. I've had boys try the same thing on me.

And she knew it, which was why she conceded. I suspect she's done this before and gotten away with it, other times and been caught, and didn't want the judge to realize that she does this a lot.

I saw a kid cheat at an X-wing tournament. No particular thing he did was a super-clear slam dunk cheat (just being "sloppy" about turns and moves to avoid bumps and board edges, and then one time seemingly changing his dial while being "clumsy" revealing it). But several of us saw it. Nobody made any accusation, but I mentioned it informally to the TO and he kept an eye on the kid. The kid realized that people were watching him and suddenly started playing more precisely. He didn't do well in the tournament after that.

People cheat, or at least they fudge or give themselves mulligans or "fly casual" in ways that are exploitative. Some people just take whatever leeway they think they can get away with, on the logic that if they aren't actively caught and punished, then they didn't really do anything wrong.

Oh, and I don't know why you're bothering to ask.Did she act offended or like you were a dick? Nobody's more self-righteously offended than someone caught with their hands in the cookie jar. It's an old trick.

Yeah she was trying to cheat. She knew what would happen and probably has done it before.

Some people are just like that.

She was in the wrong and seemed to understand that. That in and of itself is not horrible, especially since shes new. That is a good time to learn and understand the rules. Here's where she fucked up, by not wanting an explanation from a judge, and for refusing an apology, she's a right cunt. She wants to play the game, but not have it taught to her. Or she was actively cheating and tried her luck by thinking you wouldn't call her out. You didn't do anything wrong op, in fact you did the exact thing you're supposed to in this scenario. Keep an eye on her in future matches.

Yes, she did act offended and like I was a dick.

Which panoramic plains are on her crotch and can we make some kind of Carpet joke involving them.

>M'lady would never engage in underhanded behavior!

the only autism i see here is you specifically making this a thing about girl players instead of just cheating asshole weirdos, of which there is a plethora in MTG

>Playing against a girl
How is this relevant to someone being a shitty opponent?

It's not, you started this thread for the express purpose of shitting on women. Enjoy being a permavirgin.

>Implying OP doesn't get the sweet release he needs from the asspussy of a cute trap like a civilized man.

See

>please use gender neutral pronouns in all greentext stories so as not to paint women in a bad light
roasties detected

>Your only mistake was going out of your way to say that this was a girl.

FTFY.

Good job proving his point, cheesedick.

Not, she did something she couldn't and conceded when challenged. You apologising might seem a bit odd given it was her mistake.

Strangest thing I had in a showdown was a guy who drew from my deck at the start of his turn. I was so surprised I didn't immediately say anything, and he sat there looking confused as he had drawn a card not in his deck. Then he conceded.

Nah, no issue with the instances of "she" in the OP. Women can be shitty opponents too. It's the fact that you want a "shitty girl players" thread instead of a "shitty cheating assholes" thread that I have beef with.

>you want a "shitty girl players" thread
based on what? did the image OP used hurt your feelings?

How does that even happen?

Even if you're lenient on her, she gave up her chance to call a take back when she ended her turn.

You can't change your mind and re-do something when it's not your turn, she's an idiot and 100% in the wrong.

i clicked this thread in hopes of reading a funny story relating to women playing magic, like maybe user saw a girl employ a used tampon as a eldrazi scion token or something

but then it turned out to be a shitty story of some doormat user playing against a typical cheating asshole and coming to a thailandian woodworking board to complain, except somehow the fact that the cheater was a girl is related for some reason

so really i'm just disappointed mroe than anything

Based on the fact that OP took the time to specifically call out that "OMG, guys, I was playing against a GIRL."

If OP was talking about a guy doing the same thing we'd still be on OP's side.

People getting outraged because OP's opponent *happened* to be a girl is disgusting matriarchal behavior. You should all be ashamed.

So now that that's done...how about we tell some standart showdown/ game day stories? Ill begin because, fuck i like stroking my ego.

>First standart magic game day i attend
>Brings an eldrazi Emerge deck
>Arrive there's 8 people
>Automaticly gets the promo and the top-8 foil (fucking blingcat, yes)
>Begin first match and thats when im told dragons of tharkir isnt standard anymore
>actually half my deck isnt standard
>imretarded.mov
>Bring out my WIP ingest deck and splice it with the deck i was using and buy some crappy cards to kinda replace the ones i had
>deck was already kinda miffed because the LGS dint have any decimator of the provinces (oh well)
>Loose all my matches
>boughtboostersforfeels.jpg
>Still fun even tough i looked like the biggest chode around.

God knows, our sleeves were completely different colours.

>muh matriarchy

Walking dildo detected. Fuck off back to Manblur and cry to your fellow hardons about how hard it is being you.

OP you need to care less about equality of opportunity and more about equality of outcome. Women *are* physically and mentally inferior to men in all contexts. In order for each player to have an equal chance of winning, you need to let her play however she wants. But you're probably a nazi frog poster so this won't make it through your tiny bigoted brain.

think of the situation with the genders reversed

>maleplayers.jpg

>"i was playing against a white MALE and you won't BELIEVE what he did"

i'm not outraged anyway, i was just pointing out that the OP sounds like somewhat of an autismo when he words his post like that

Holy shit are you people really that easy to bait? Sad- bigly!

This is something that would have been somewhat acceptable for a beginner in casual play, but not in a tournament or event kind of thing.
Sounds like she did it because she was used to doing it, but then just conceded when you called the judge because she knew it was wrong. She refused your apology because she knew it was her fault, stop being so autistic

Dick or gtfo

>this thread

>"OMG, guys, I was playing against a GIRL."

>Playing against a girl

yes wow what an ass, clearly by mentioning that he was playing against a girl there was an agenda. fucking victim complex faggots are the worst, it's impossible to talk to you people

This is an SFW board you dumb fucking cunt.

I used to cheat in limited FNM events to get more prizes or top8 cards
It was a store of maybe 4 pools per week, I would just draft my deck using cards I brought with me. Always kept the rares at the right level, and kept the colours varied.

I was poor then.

>_______ event.
>Playing against ____
Is standard form form for greentext stories. Do you get asspained when people include
>Be me.
as well?

But it IS relevant, because some girls are unfamiliar with everything and/or don't feel comfortable playing the game because of the crowd, which could explain her behavior. Especially not wanting to talk to the judge.

Yeah this She used anticipate and wanted two of the three cards, so she waited until she thought she could get away with changing out jank in her had for the card she put on the bottom of the deck.

Showdown isn't really a tournament, it's even more casual than game day, it's like FNM.

fucking this

Who played heads up seven up but totally peeked at shoes as a kid, kids are malicious little fuckers and if you don't curtail that shit it becomes habit.

>implying your dick isn't safe for my work

>2017
>getting mad about sexism on a french cave painting website

good point actually, enjoyed the thailandian (protip: it's just thai) woodworking website meme

I said I am autistic. I used she because was just describing the situation as exact as possible. If it was a guy, I'd say he, and post a picture of a pimple faced male magic player.

All these normies are looking way too deep into an autistic post about a bad magic player.

Yes, because being unfamiliar with MTG rules and being uncomfortable playing at large events are uniquely female traits.

My problem is that the only description of his opponent that OP feels is necessary is that she's female, and that's supposed to inform the rest of the story.

No, but being unfamiliar with or uncomfortable playing at an even with mostly male people could be a uniquely female trait.

Except you weren't being as exact as possible. You described her as "a girl." That's it. Would you have said:

>Playing against a guy

?

stay triggered roastie, what color is your tongue stud?

The same color as your girlfriend's clit.

because it doesn't exist

Can we keep the shit-flinging out of our side of the argument, user?

You're in the right and why did you apologize?

But you just said you don't take issue with him using she in his story. Why would you then take issue with him declaring who his opponent was? That's how stories work, you describe events and people. It's why I say "I was replying to a fat, smelly, cocksucking faggot," instead of "I replied."

Why should stories be condensed and censored for fear of offended overly sensitive people?

I take issue with OP thinking that "a girl" is supposed to be enough description. That he has only one mental container for "girls who play magic," and apparently ascribes no other traits to them and expects us to be the same way.

It's enough of a description for a casual story. It's not like he's going to post a physical description and name of someone when it's not that relevant. Do you not talk to people? I hear "that guy" or "some dude" all the time. Chill the fuck out.

oh fucking spare me the bullshit, if he had given a detailed description that's just more stuff for you to come in and bitch and whine about. (Oh why does it matter that she had big/small tits, oh why does it matter that she had shorts/a skirt on). There's no winning with victim complex fags. Sage

Often the description becomes much more vivid
>Playing against an autistic as fuck guy
>Playing against a fat neckbeard
Not uncommon in stories

you're like those retards who show up to a dragon thread and stink it up by calling everyone a furry when no-one is even talking about fur-shit.
YOU are trying to create a thread around this, I've read every post on this thread and not one other person is trying to make this into a thread about girls who play magic

Go try to derail some other thread because clearly that shit isn't working here outside of the (you)s you're farming.

You did the right thing, if someone cheats you always call them for it because there is no telling who else they will do it to if you let them pass.
Who cares if one random person hates you you're here to play in a tournament for prizes not to make friends, and that tournament has rules that EVERYONE has to follow.

I'll never forget the first time that happened to me. Game winning attack with a ball lightning, I swing, opponent says he'll take the 4 damage, I proceed to buff the shit out of it to kill him, he says in that case I'll block. He clearly said he'll take the damage and thus did not intend to block, so he doesn't get to go back in time and declare blockers after the fact, but he kept saying had he known about the buff beforehand, he would've block. Even conceded the fact that spells can be cast after blockers are declared, but swears his admission of taking the damage wasn't waving to declare blockers yet.

But user, he did provide a physical description. He just limited it to saying that she had a vagina. So he must have thought it was relevant, no?

You know that women consist of more than tits and legs, right? Sometimes they have personalities.

But it wasn't vivid. Despite being "autistic" and describing what happened "as exactly as possible," OP decided to describe his opponent as a girl and only a girl.

It hasn't been a solo effort. I've probably only gotten half as many (You)s as I need to satisfy my craving.

>But it wasn't vivid.
Are you daft? I was saying that people don't just say
>Play against a guy
They often make the descriptions much more elaborate portraying negative aspects of the opponent.

>try to cheat
>quits when you call her out
No.

So then why is it acceptable to say
>Play against a girl
?

Unless we're arguing the same side of this, heh.

Why is it not acceptable?

Would you prefer
>play against a hot girl
or
>play against an ugly girl
or
>play against a girl with huge tits and a short skirt
It's perfectly reasonable to mention in your story that you're playing against a girl unless you're someone who takes offense at literally everything
Do you think it's also unreasonable to mention what game you're playing?

Yes, he gave a cursory description of his opponent. As you do in casual story telling. Again, do you not talk to people? Have you really never heard a friend complain about how some dude at work complained about something stupid? Why do you become so concerned when it's a woman instead of a man? I guarantee you wouldn't give a fuck of his story had just replaced every instance of she with he and girl with guy.

>try to cheat
>quits when you call her out
Judge Pro Tip:
Don't let her get away with this.
Make sure the judge is still informed what happened.
MAYBE she made a mistake and was embarrassed. But based on the description on what happened it sounded like a pretty blatant cheat, and she conceded to avoid getting found out by a judge.Because if everyone who caught her cheating called her out on it, she'd be banned (or widely known as a cheat and people would look for it). Instead by conceding she's hoping to go under the radar and just do it again to the next player.

> You know that women consist of more than tits and legs, right? Sometimes they have personalities.
Terrible, terrible personalities.

Got third place last night with mono black triskadeckaphobia deck. Really pissed a lot of people off. user asked for deck list last night but I went to bed instead. Best part was I haven't played in 3 months so deck could probably be made better easily.
4 each of:
Night market lookout
Vampire cutthroat
Asylum visitor
Fretwork colony
Gifted aetherborn
Rancid rats
Triskadekaphobia
Midnight oil( most important card in deck)
3 each:
Fatal push
Grasp of darkness
Sideboard:
1 grasp of darkness
1 fatal push
4 zulaport cutthroat
4 murder
4 pale rider of Tristan

Thanks for posting

Have you ever lost due to your own Trisk trigger?

that's why the best way to go after cheaters in any card game is to create an enviroment where it's ok to always report and always inflict a light punishment, keeping the big hammer for the ones that get reported or punished too many times to consider their "missplays" accidentals.

No, with all the lifelink shit Ive never had problem. One thing that came up that saved my ass in game I was about to lose was having two trisk out at once. First trigger move them up from 12 to 13, second trigger I win. So much salty.

So mentioning it was a girl is unacceptable, but just saying "I was at my FLGS playing some dude" is fine?

That's cheatin' boss.

why would you bring national politics in to this

if you were telling the story would you have written it like this?
>Magic Standard Showdown event
>playing against a guy

I would've said some guy, but the difference is negligible.

God forbid he tell the story accurately. Why would he go out of his way to say it wasn't a female, you're fucking paranoid if you think theres some sort of agenda in his story.

Its not even about girl players in general, its just a story about a cheater, who happened to be a girl. No one here was making generalizations before you two came along.

>ts just a story about a cheater, who happened to be a girl.

The issue more is that the only identifier that OP gave is that the other player is a girl. Then goes on to tell a story about how she's a cheater.
Which, in the english language, is easy to equate that OP is linking girls to cheating.
He didn't say her age, her hair color, her color of skin, why? because they are unimportant to the story
But he did say her gender. So it's easy to infer that that must be important to the story.
Nothing about the rest of the story relates to needing to state the other player was a girl. So we must infer that the cheating part is why it was important that OP mention she was a girl.
Thus, the outrage.
Same would happen if OP said ">Playing against a black guy" or ">Playing against a fat guy"
People who are black or fat would find that link too and be offended.

Fuck I can't wait till summer is over. September can't come soon enough

Going over the order of operations verbally is the easiest way to bypass all of that bullshit.

t. professional and handsome mtg man

You know you wish you had first strike bruv.

>Which, in the english language, is easy to equate that OP is linking girls to cheating.
Are you retarded? He's linking A girl to cheating.

No one cared about their identity, its just a detail. Its purely descriptive, and in no way implicates generalizations. Hell, OP could have said 'The Jew' instead of a girl and itd just be weird, and not making generalizations about their identity.

This whole thing seems on par with someone calling the police about their mugger and being accosted because they described the mugger as black.

In the english language we typically describe people in stories as 'he' or 'she', why would he lie or do something as obtuse as say 'it' or 'them'.

People getting upset on what looks to be a hair trigger like they thirst for offense to take. Real bigots will show their colors clearly, not in these contrived ways.

Exactly, nowhere in anything he has said made generalizations. Maybe the real people at fault here are the ones complaining, who infer that since a singular woman was cheating that it must mean that all women cheat.

the OP photo filename is: femalemagicplayers.jpg

The only descriptor of the cheater is:
>Playing against a girl

It's pretty easy to figure out what OP is implying.

You're delusional. Please browse a different website.

How about no
and no

You're deadset on believing you're right about OP, so how about you assume you're right and stop posting.

Yeah, that's pretty much how all greentexts involving one other person are written.

probably the same reason you keep replying

you also assume you've been talking to the same person the whole time. Welcome to Veeky Forums user.

>you also assume you've been talking to the same person the whole time
Do I?

That evidence is poor, this is a Chinese doodle sharing website, people post funny pictures. Once again, logic is simple, the person in the story is a woman, the image is a woman.

Wow. Sexist. He sure is making generalizations, you just read right between the lines and judge him like a book eh?

The truth here that no one wants to admit is that no one but OP knows if he is sexist or not, and he certainly isn't making any obvious statements. Sexists and racists will tell you what they are openly, that is the nature of the idea.

In conclusion,