EDH/Commander General /edhg/

[Screeching intensifies]

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
SPOILERS ARE STILL NOW! What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TwFIJyWKs1k
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/samut-ft-grenzos-best-hits/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well guys, I finally tilted out of my first game of EDH
>Playing vs Mono-U Galina and Darien
>Galina gets the die roll and plays Sol Ring
>They play Rhystic turn 2
>I delay my turns to play around it, Darien player lets him draw 2 cards on his turn
>I mention that this is dumb and ask that he plays around Study
>He tells me to chill, and while the Galina player has no blocks, he passes the turn with untapped guys
>Galina spends the next 4 turns playing land go and countering anything I play while the Darien player still hasn't attacked at all
Sometimes players are infuriating

>SPOILERS ARE STILL NOW! What do you think?
I like playing hatebears.dek esp in UW so im stoked

Reposting from last thread:
>Still mad that we're getting simic scientist in selesnya for unstable. Should've done communist hippies.

Also the pain of mardu vamps not being spoiled is real. What do when you already have a deck in certain colors but want another in same colors?

Spoilers so far are hilarious, some seem really fun. Can't wait to see the rest

I enjoyed the spoilers, but admit that I'm a little disappointed that we only got cat spoilers today. I hope we see more variety in the coming days.

Better make sure it does something completely different so the cards don't overlap and split the expensive manabase evenly

I feel you bro. I was in a game where some one was playing Atraxa Superfriends and everyone was afraid to lose their creatures to atraxa trying to stop a Dovin Baan ult. I threw everything I had and threatened a boardwipe if no one did anything. Everyone killed me instead and spent the next 40 minutes crying about how Dovin sucked and was making the game lame.

Another time ran into some friend while drinking. They were going to play EDH. Didn't have my deck so I borrowed one of theirs. Got stuck with gay kings. Saw some one wreck the shop the other day with Kangz so I was kind of excited. A few turns in I've seen nothing but hug and the board is totally cluttered with critters. Ask decks owner if there are any wipes or wincons.
>I don't think you understand dude. It's Grouphug man, you aren't supposed to win but help others. Also none of my decks have boardwipes, they make people feel bad.

>I don't think you understand dude. It's Grouphug man, you aren't supposed to win but help others. Also none of my decks have boardwipes, they make people feel bad.
Suggest that he get under the table and blow everyone while they play.

Is this correct?

One Color: (5)
Mono White
Mono Blue
Mono Black
Mono Red
Mono Green

Two Color: (10)
White/Blue = Azorius
White/Black = Orzhov
White/Red = Boros
White/Green = Selesnya
Blue/Black = Dimir
Blue/Red = Izzet
Blue/Green = Simic
Black/Red = Rakdos
Black/Green = Golgari
Red/Green = Gruul

Three Color: (10)
White/Blue/Black = Esper
White/Blue/Red = Jeskai
White/Blue/Green = Bant
White/Black/Red = Mardu
White/Black/Green = Abzan
White/Red/Green = Naya
Blue/Black/Red = Grixis
Blue/Black/Green = Sultai
Blue/Red/Green = Temur
Black/Red/Green = Jund

Four Color: (5)
White/Blue/Black/Red = Artifice
White/Blue/Black/Green = Growth
White/Blue/Red/Green = Altruism
White/Black/Red/Green = Aggression
Blue/Black/Red/Green = Chaos

Five Color: (1)
White/Blue/Black/Red/Green = WUBRG/Rainbow

Colorless (1)

32 deck builds and I have no clue what to fucking play

I like the new Mirri a lot.
But at the same time I just wish they put new art on dueling grounds so I would actually be inclined to look at it.

>none of my decks have boardwipes, they make people feel bad
I suggest you don't associate with this person anymore

>This flavor text
This card should be red

cool it with the autism

The four colors don't have official names. I've seen Sans/Un X, the Nephilim, and the C16 commander.

cool it with the anti-autismal remarks

They have official names

Commander 2016 introduced a second cycle of four-colored cards and this time also introduced names and themes for the color combinations: Artifice ({W}{U}{B}{R}), Chaos ({U}{B}{R}{G}), Aggression ({B}{R}{G}{W}), Altruism ({R}{G}{W}{U}) and Growth ({G}{W}{U}{B}).[19]

>Sans x
thats the most common I hear
people also say dark/light + 3 color combination

>official
you dont call esper eternal bargain m8

glad they finished with the shit tribal deck first. now we just have to wait for the good shit.

Ruined the mood anyway

Two color combinations are a great way to start off.
Nothing to fancy and it's easy to focus the deck thematically and the land base isn't likely to fuck you too often.
Tri is where it gets gritty. Way more synergy options the line between themes and goodstuff gets a bit blurry.
Quad colors are fucked thematically and you need to put a lot of focus into your deck and how to balance out the manabase. It takes a lot of effort to make themes work outside of "X goes great with Y because it can do Z, but sometimes I can use B or F instead!"

5 color and colorless comes in very limited forms. Colorless is almost always stax and stasis effects until they ramp out their perverted monstrosities, 5 color is much the same except with much less stasis and much more ramp into many more monstrosoties. Little interaction with the table until you start beating in their faces with your ungodly Progenitus, Sliver Horde or Kozilek and the numerous cards he draws you.

>54745665
>>card triggers only when it's on the battlefield
>checks command zone
Literally useless effect

Those were unofficial design team themes. Artifacts matter, chaos effects, aggro, group hug, and +1/+1 counters.

because its called esper. are you dumb?
the names came out as official. Theres the deck names (Invent Superiority) and the color combo names (Artifice)

Cool, another way to die to Consecrated Sphinx

the point is that decknames =/= offical combination names

>alms collector has better stats than Brimaz

kek fuckin commies are fierce when it comes to cash.

WUBR = Blue Mardu or Grixis White :^)

>hurr it's easy to cheat with this new card
>mfw: it's a CARD GAME
youtu.be/TwFIJyWKs1k
if somone wanted to cheat they would you retards
and if they tried hard enough there is NOTHING you could do about it

>3/4 for 4 with flash
>3/4 for 3 with vigilance and spawns tokens
What are you on about?

its funny but during tarkir standard those were the terms used

This. There is a pokemon tcg crowd at our LGS who do not want to believe there is such thing as cheating at the highest tournaments

>flash is the only thing that alms do
user...

Brimaz was king of theros cats they were smaller and less manly than their cross plane cousins but brimaz maybe a time lord cos he wears a snazzy stripped scarf

did you know brimaz still performs quite well in edh?
I am absolutly shocked how many games Ive won since putting him in mono white stax.dek

thats why we still use them instead of using the names on the commander boxes

He's good and hopefully getting reprinted in this set. Vigilance is a really underrated keyword for stax.

You said stats, so I reluctantly included flash.
Comparing these two is like comparing a fucking apple to a cucumber.
They serve conpletely different purposes, one is amazing to play on curve and the other should never be played on curve but can serve you well as not only a draw engine but denies your opponent draw, too, something white in EDH severly lacks.
Brimaz is a card featured in 60 card formats and Tiny Leaders if you're into that, this is a card that will likely find it's way into every monowhite and boros deck possible.

so how do you play that card?
you write the first letter of the chosen player's name on a small ass piece of paper and put it under the card?

what the hell happens if someone takes control of your turn?

Yore, Ink, Dune, Glint and Witch

I will fight you

For clarification you should weite the whole name or enough to clearly tell that person apart, so no one at the table thinks you're bullshiting when you've got an Alex and an Alan at the table.
If someone takes your turn they should be able to look at it like they can look at your morphed cards and activate it accordingly, even though it's not possible to activate on your turn.

>player's
What if someone has hexproof like orbs of warding, can you still choose their name? What if someone removes their hexproof and you reveal it was them targeted all along

I believe so. "Choose" avoids things like shroud and hexproof because its not targeting.

I just say "4 color notBlue" or whatever. I don't mind there being official names but I feel like at 4 colors it's easier to say and remember the one color that's not included rather then remember which 4 are connected to which name.

its not a targeted effect.

it says choose opponent, not target.

hexproof wont work

Stalking Leonin needs hexproof and lose it while the player's name is secret. Otherwise bitches will just doomblade and swing.

"714.4. If information about an object in the game would be visible to the player being controlled, it’s visible to both that player and the controller of the player. "

Pretty sure this means you could see this

if they doomblade stalking leonin, they're trading an answer for a 3-drop, which is actually a good trade for the guy who played leonin

>dies to removal

Here's a scenario
>playan Alesha
>Declare Attackers step
>swing with Smilin' Tranny
>Reanimation trigger on the stack
>Play Dark Rit into Entomb for a Master of Cruelties or some shit
>Use the remaining BB to pay for Alesha's ability
>Get Master out, provide slap
Is this legal? I want to say no, because I think there'd have to be a creature in the graveyard when Alesha's ability triggers in order for the whole thing to resolve

reminder that mirri rivals gaddock teeg in power as a hatebears commander

They are completely different in what they hinder.

>Tutoring up either on turn 3
Why not both?

Why is this allowed?

Just google it, man.
People played the shit out of him in Kaalia decks when he was introduced.

You're playing white, you'll draw into PtE and/or StP eventually.

Except combat is fucking useless in commander.

Yeah but I tapped out turn 8 to play this.

because we needed a better boundless realms

>Make Angry Omnomnomnath Great Again

Any secret MLD tech?

y-yeah but information about that cat becomes no longer visible after i've chosen and the card itself doesn't specify a medium to keep track of the information, unlike morph cards that clearly specify the information is there and can be visible at any time by the controller.

Cheaper boundless realms but probably slightly less pay off unless you manage to make something big stick.
Also suddenly makes you the archnemesis of the table if you manage to drop that on curve with a sizable enough creature out.

No.

I need 2 cuts for Neheb, the Eternal is this deck for the potential of having Neheb, Krenko, Samut and Grenzo out at the same time. What should go?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/samut-ft-grenzos-best-hits/

Kaalia's version is different since you can just dump him from the hand and you don't have to pay mana

I don't know a specific rule for it but iirc for conspiracy they said that for official purposes, "secretly" means "write it down on a piece of paper when the effect happens"

I'm too tired to look it up but I think the rulings for taking over a player's turn is that you become privvy to all knowledge available to them.
Despite no medium being chosen the fact remains that there MUST be one.
It's like how they make you reveal cards of specificed types when tutoring them so you can't cheat, it's so you don't have to have a judge sit by you and monitor all your secret shit, hence why they've typically kept it out of the game.

>that new Mirri
Jesus Christ I'm building the shit out of that.

> unless you manage to make something big stick.

heh

you are correct in saying it is not legal. you need a creature in the grave when alesha's ability goes on the stack, and by that time the entomb is useless. that is unless you have an extra 4 mana and a strionic resonator.

You're correct, you need to chose a target as the ability goes on the stack.

>his playgroup only runs targeted removal
Heh
*drowns you in sorrow*
Nothing personal
*optimizes topdeck*

Thanks fellas

Why not just play Armageddon? The only advantage this has is sacrifice incase someone has indestructible lands, but that should be you since you're playing LD in white.

Fuck everone right in the pussy

suicide

Vigilance is an underrated keyword in general

Because they already printed Boundless Realms and the condition for this is far frailer.

>instant
>2
What a joke.

If they remove your biggest creature in response, you're fucked.

It's one of the least valuable keywords in the game.

For hidden agenda
702.105b To secretly choose a card name, note that name on a piece of paper kept with the face-down conspiracy card.

This will probably be errated in some form for the new card

But how are they gonna do that?

The advantage is you're playing 5 color and get to keep 5 lands.

Justice is white, and so is that flavor text and card. Sorry.

Don't start this, user.

>RAMPING INTENSIFIES

Looks like I'm cutting boundless.

My Wife Titania has been getting lots of good cards lately.

All keywords are powerful but many of them have hate cards, especially flying.
Vigilance is a good way to whittle down your opponent without wholly commiting to it and keeping your defenses up.

Egalitarianism is opposed to the individualistic Red philosophy.

>>This flavor text
>This card should be red
White is about the group. Black and red are about the individual. Individual gains versus the group is therefore something white would oppose.

Except combat in MTG is just a removal test, in practice very few formats are influenced by the presence of blockers, and especially not EDH.

Very, very disappointed that Commander anthology didn't foil out the subcommanders.

It's only $130, how do you expect them to make any money if they're foiling out cards?

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

>laughs in vigor

What's your favorite magic card?

Mine was this one.

>amulet of vigor
>the dude holding is on his back/side
What did they mean by this?

I first started playing MTG when Equipment was introduced, made janky mono white Cat Equipment deck, Now I can finally do it again only this time there are more than 2 equipments with equip greater than 4.

Just finetuning at this point.