Looking for a miniature based dungeon crawl game

I'm looking for a miniature based dungeon crawl game similar to those of the 90's (Heroe's Quest/Dragon Strike)

I've been considering Silver Tower by gamesworkshop but I was wondering if there is anything else anybody could recommend before I drop the cash

Kingdom Death Monster: Silver City Expansion Expansion, it expands the Lion God Expansion.

It'll be out in a few years.

Descent
D&D Boardgames (Wrath of Ashardalon, etc.)
DOOM boardgame
Mansions of Madness

I've heard good things about Dungeon Saga and it seems very similar to those old school games.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys... I must say that a most of those have already got me more interested than silver tower.... glad I asked

Since are almost nothing like the 90s dungeon crawls in rules I would also recommend Super Dungeon Explore, either 1st edition or waiting for second edition. You can get Forgotten King as all of the monsters/heroes will be compatible with 2e, but the rules are pretty crap.

Shadows of Brimstone

(Thematically not even close, and I have no idea how the 90's dungeon crawlers played, but it's our dungeon crawler of choice)

>D&D Boardgames (Wrath of Ashardalon, etc.)
I've only played wrath of ashardalon, how are the other ones?

>I've only played wrath of ashardalon, how are the other ones?
I've only played the original three, and they're all very similar.

Personally I'm not as much of a fan of the drizzt one - the heroes feel more "fixed" and a bit more powerful.

Combining the first two was fantastic, though.

And I know nothing about the more modern ones (that I -think- exist?)

Ashardalon is Normal mode, Ravenloft is Hard mode, Drizzt is easy mode.
Temple of Elemental Evil is lower quality than the first three with a watered down "overworld" and way too many dungeon gimmicks, but Tomb of Annihilation looks to be back to form.

Silver tower is great, OP.

Gloomhaven is pretty good. Otherwise look at Descent 2E, Massive Darkness, or Dungeon Saga. There are also the official D&D dungeon crawlers, but I haven't played those so I have no idea if they are any good.

The thing that interests me about silver tower is that you can carry characters over to different quests. I'm sure many of the games mentioned here would be similar, I'll be focusing on those ones.

This is a feature heroes quest had buy dragon strike lacked

KDM isn't a dungeon crawler. It's a misery simulator with tits.

In the last kickstarter they added an expansion that adds a dungeon.

Original Silver Tower or that new expansion thing?

The D&D elemental evil game had it and I guess the new one will have it too.

Kingdom death actually looks quite interesting, sadly its pretty much impossible to find... Unless you're willing to fork close to $1000 on ebay

I'd go for Dungeon Saga.

Defiantly Descent 2nd Ed.
It has tons of expansions (if you're willing to shill out) and it even supports campaigns.

Does all this use the same base for D&D, so I can use the minis for it?

I would like to start painting minis. Where do I start?

All these games should have 28mm miniatures with generally 1" grids for the tiles. You should probably buy some model paint like Vallejo, and get some primer (Krylon, Duplicolor should do, but avoid paint+primer).

Dungeon Saga is pretty much grown up HeroQuest.

A lot of people are going to suggest fucking co-op games like the D&D Adventure system. "Because beating a rules system is fun!" Um no.

Stay away from that feel good co-op bullshit and get Dungeon Saga by Mantic. Requires a DM.

Also Descent will be suggested to you. It doesn't have exploration elements or character creation more like a fantasy tactical miniatures combat game.

There was a U.K. Only D&D boardgane that is just like HeroQuest. Has the 3.0 edition characters on the box art.

Dungeon Venture is a kind of bland Italian knock off of HeroQuest. It's available in English. No minis all cardboard stand ups.

Every suggestion in this thread that isn't Silver Tower is better than Silver Tower. Buy one of of those.

The Conan the Barbarian game, if you can get your hands on it.

You'll need to wait for 1.7 to come out.

The orginal Warhammer Quest. I put together a set for around $100 but I don't have a box.