Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Space Yiffs Edition

Old Thread: >Chaos
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising!!!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QdgCajndgNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are FW chapter tactics likely to happen?

Git da zoggin humies boyz!

F for "Good Luck Buddy!)

Who's cares I want my 8E Tyrants Legion rules NOW

God damn it

Is there any point to Skitarii rangers aside from just camping with x2 arquebus?

Hope not: I wanna run a leviathan dread as my dread army HQ when Carab Culln gets rules as an OC, and I'd rather be able to play Salamanders tactics than some shit about apothecary sergeants or whatever the hell it is red scorpions do.

I want to run an all infantry and all dreadnought list with an aegis defence line. So far I've got 25 tacs, , a devastator squad with H. Bolters, a librarian, a captain, 2 boxnaughts, a deredeo, 2 contemptors, and a leviathan.
How should I set them to be able to handle moderately normal lists or what else should i have?
Or am i making a big mistake?

Are any muslims in 40k?

Link to Imperial armour index?

Intimidation some players really don't like the range they have

No, the Emperor removed all religion from Terra.

GSC

i know of at least 2 but they live in western countries

kek

>Chaos rising
>Sygnus Genatorium still at a stalemate at best
>slight gains in the Sump

we're really doing it bros, we're gunna take Konor!

Nth for Renegades & Heretics

Tallarn desert riders.

This has always been the army I want the most. Shame of it is their models are FW resin, and their rules have either been totally broken or utter shit as they are now. Why even live.

Any help to Alpha Legion new player?
Right now i have;
Lord from DV starter but with axe
old finecast Ahriman
Ahriman from burning of Prospero i think it would count as just 2 sorcs
termo-lord/sorc still on sprue
2 chosen with power fist and bolt pistol
3 chosen with boltgun
1 with pair of lighting claws
1 Aprising Champion from DV
and 8 normal csm with 1 plasmagun and plasma pistol with fist on champion
What i should buy? I think about leviathan drednought

No old earth religions are referenced if they exist at all.

I want my Carcharodons extra close combat weapons for Tacs back.

Buy the FW contemptor.

Why not one from Calth?

Painting conscript horde need emotional support.
And if you hate conscript horde at least you might prefer them painted.

The fuck is this?

eh they're more british

Anyone know if there's a marine model which can take 3 or more Chainswords?

It's shit, pinhead.

Burn, scumbag.

Run as BTs then.

I

You

Fucking

Why?

Ignore him You could use more CSM, but also if you can get your hands on cheap sets of the DV chosen they help with making chosen units and champions.

You should decide how you want to run the army, then get units for that. You'll need heavy firepower/melee for enemy tanks/monsters, anti-infantry solutions and then a good mix of stuff.

I won't play you either way.

Do we tell him, anons?

Knowing i can trigger people this easily is all the encouragement i need.
Thanks user.

Big shiny toys are nice and all, but you probably want some more basic dudemans to stand on objectives and get shot in the face, plus provide extra CP with a battalion. Either more CSM or cultists would work, and both are fluffy for alpha legion.

Holy shit that's sexy

brother

Pics or it didn't happen

Some more Marines or Cultists
Predators

Alpha Legion

WHAT'S GOOD NIGGA?!?!

My vote is cultists... as many cultists as possible

Black Templars can't take boltgun and combat weapon.

Scratch build or convert anything lately, Anons?

What happened to his eyes?

you can do it user, I believe in you to not to succumb to sucking sweaty mancocks

youtube.com/watch?v=QdgCajndgNw

So anyone deploy solely daemon engines yet?

>my ur-ghul has got no eyes
>how does it look, archon?
>disgusting, like the filthy mon-keigh
>dohohohoho

Don't forget to bring a torch!

I just think levi can do anti-tank, infantry and just melee
I have forgot about this.
I dont know where to get cool looking and cheap horde of cultists. Are they so good? They just die and die.
laspred seems nice

GIB THUNDER WARRIORS

Fuck this guy, give RGG your strength over in /wip/
Hes begun his quest

The emperor already did gib them.

Cheers

I knew that chaos primaris were inevitable, and I suspected that FB was going to be responsible for them, but I didn't anticipate GW being quite that literal and unimaginative.

Why is literally anything written from GW which isn't about about guard, orks or admech such utter shit? Their art, rules and model design is variable, but their background writers are just universally terrible except when it comes to a handful of factions.

Play 30k and run a Blackshield force with the Chimera trait (+1S/T -1I), you get crappier power armor and stats that are somewhat better than marines but same initiative as normal humans. Best option to make a Thunderwarrior force.

To be fair, how else are you gonna get chaos primaris

Gulliman Heresy 2 electric bugaloo?

Rip & tear list v1.2: Berzerkers are still troops edition

++World Eaters++

Batallion detachment (+3 CP)

++HQ++
Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor - 161pts
>Combi-melta, Axe of Blind Fury (replaces Power axe)

Dark Apostle - 95pts
>Combi-melta, Power Maul, Brass Collar of Bhorghaster (-1CP from extra relic)

++Troops++
Khorne Berzerkers - 182pts
>x8 Berzerkers - Chainsword and Chainaxe
>Skull Champion - Power fist, Chainsword, Icon of Wrath

Khorne Berzerkers - 199pts
>x9 Berzerkers - Chainsword and Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers - 199pts
>x9 Berzerkers - Chainsword and Chainaxe

++Elites++
Chaos Terminators - 200pts
>x4 Chaos Terminators - Combi-bolter, Power axe
>Terminator Champion - Combi-bolter, Power axe, Icon of Wrath

Chaos Terminators - 298pts
>x2 Chaos Terminators - Combi-melta, Power axe
>x2 Chaos Terminators - Combi-melta, Power sword
>Terminator Champion - Combi-melta, Power fist, Icon of Wrath

++Fast Attack++
Blood Slaughterer of Khorne - 180pts
>x2 Slaughter blade

Blood Slaughterer of Khorne - 180pts
>x2 Slaughter blade

++Dedicated Transport++
Chaos Rhino - 102pts
>Combi-bolter, Combi-melta, Havoc launcher, Smoke launchers

Chaos Rhino - 102pts

Chaos Rhino - 102pts

That blackshield book is some of the most flavorful rules in 7th
>Hit with high S weapons drops your armour save

Forgot pic

SM player tears over inevitable barcode barely scuffed Chaos primaris marines are already delicious.

What about Fabius creating alternative chad marines that are just as buff as primaris ? I mean, we've known Fabulous Bill for his endless work on making marines 2.0 so why not say "He finally completed his work" and call it a day.

I'd prefer if Fabulous Bill had created the Primaris instead of "Literally-Who" Cawl.

Anyone have the point costs for the new Death Guard melee weapons?

Maybe Fabius' 10,000 years of research could have actually produced something? Or there could have been some overlooked flaw which meant a lot of them suddenly fell to chaos. Just anything that wasn't 'hey, let's tell you how awesome our new awesome marines are, buy more primaris space marines'.

Which Chaos Legion aside from the cult ones is easiest to paint?

You know what? This. I forgot to get mad that some nobody has that much pull out of fucking nowhere.
Corax and Fabius both started the shit in canon foooooorever ago.

eh, then why would they look exactly like primaris marines

still waiting for a 1.2 FAQ from FW.....hopinh the hammer doesnt drop and nerf them. I really enjoy the army.

poorfag though...using historical models for artillery pieces...and mantic models for troops. 3rd gen troopers for Mutant Rabble

They will have spikes and weathered paint jobs though user.

Who's to say his research while Chief Apothecary of the Emperor's Children wasn't integral to the design?

I dunno

Admech lore is awesome and so far their books have been ok to good. Shame the writers can't stop shitting uncontrollably over them in all the other books even tangentially related to the Imperium.

>Oh look a techpriest, time to make him bumbling and incompetent and refuse to do anything sensible because they're said to be ritualistic, and have him march his men through volcanoes/refuse to fire his Ordinatus.

Fucks sake, if they were as bad as Black Library makes them out to be the Imperium would have collapsed around M34. No other faction seems to get that kind of treatment aside from perhaps Sisters being called impetuous and overzealous.

>tenant complains that he sees a couple cockroaches in his unit
>investigate his unit
>it's fucking crawling with cockroaches and trash and garbage and it's disgusting as fuck
>on his living room table, which is the only clean thing in his apartment, is a beautifully painted tyranid army

Sometimes the people in our hobby confuse me.

>call them Chaos Primaris
"Lol gw so unoriginal just copying chads lmao"

>call them something else
"Lol gw so unoriginal just copying chads lmao"

This trash bag of a community will complain no matter what, might as well take the option that involves marginally less work.

Is it possible to make a shooty CSM force? I'm kinda not really into the current fad of berserker spam rip and tear

Who said they would have to ? Them having a different type of Dark Mechanicus produced armour could actually be interesting and distinguish them more from their loyalist counterparts. And for the chads themselves looking similar ... well a bigger dude just is a bigger dude. Though maybe all having the same facial disfigurement (like all having a small bone structure above their nose or something) could work.

Black Legion if you are good at painting in the lines and do blue-black rather than grey-black.

Alpha Legion if you are shit at keeping things neat and don't mind mixing your own colours.

What's everyone's favorite legion v loyalist engagement. In the lore what's been the best match up in your eyes?

>play Alpha Legion
>max out on Helbrutes and Obliterators

It's absolutely possible.

Is there any point to buying more than one DI death guard half other than poxwalkers at this point

People will always complain, yes ... but the number of people complaining can vary a lot.

Steel Legion here user, I painted 100ish mutants for my Conscripts back in 6th, you can do it!

You mean Terata
They don't have to, and shouldn't
Wouldn't the chief apos of all the legions know about the primaris project?
Isn't that how they got the geneseed?
Is Fabius' work just a tangent of primaris?
What a twist

Best scheme for AL currently is paint silver, wash blue and green. Michael J Fox going through heroin withdrawal could paint it.

The iron cage is always my favourite no matter how many times geedubs changes it

Laughingtermagaunts.png

>current fad
>fad
Literally weeks in to 8th and a week before the dex is out

What is the current iteration of that?

Re-re-re-renegades: Classic Warhammer Fantasy Battle Color Scheme works: Black Base Coat, Metal Drybrush EVERYTHING. Other details at your own convenience.

Depends on what the new box looks like, it may have enough options to equip multiple squads. In that case a few cheap bolter duds woukd be useful.

abaddon making corpse thrones out of his own terminators for a bunch of dead blood angels to sit on

It's not a fad that's just how you delete Tyranids user! Specifically Gene stealer hoards.

Literally an ash vampire from Morrowind.