/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Honestly, that image was fine before you edited it.

Reddit

>Honestly, that image was fine before [the author of the CYOA in OP] edited it.
Fine? Sure. A CYOA? Nah.

Again, Chinese for a few years, but now I am considering between French and Japanese. One of the most beautiful women on the planet or a cute and adorable women who is young until she dies? Not sure.

Either Dragon's tongue or David the werewolf

So would /CYOA/ be the right place to drop single player/solo rpgs?

I am doing the campings!

>Backpacker
>Inner Comforts
Comfy Sleeping Materials 3
A Set Temperature 2
Solar-Powered Electricity 1
Internet Access 0

>Outer Comforts
Sphere of Peace 10
A Pleasant Scent 9
Camp Consumables 8
Camp Cooking Gear 7
Land's Bounty 6
Endless Bottle 5
Firestarter 4
Glorious Ever Rope 3
Hunting Gear 2
First Aid Bag 1
Translation Book 0
Sing By The Fire -1
Traveler Unbarred -2

>Other Comforts
Weather Shield -3
Room For Another -4
Companionship -5

>Complications
Hospitality -4
Wanderlust -3
Sun's Flow -2
Season's Flow -1
A New Home 0

Sweet. My life just got a whole lot more convenient.
I now have a light weight solar panel that I can sleep inside. It's soundproof, weatherproof, very comfy, has free WI-FI, and has room for two.

As for the camp in general, I now have easy access to all of the basics, as well as entertainment. I can easily find interesting food by foraging and hunting, and interesting company to share the food with. I even have rope. ALL HAIL THE EVER ROPE! Really all I need to pay for anymore is gas and occasional computer parts when I'm unlucky enough to not just find them in the trash.
Life should be much nicer.

Such a cute hobo.

If you mean a classic cyoa, I don't see why not.

Is there any CYOA that can be a good match for the Nemesis CYOA?

Because I really like the concept of "PvP", but I feel Nemesis is unfair, and focuses too much on torturing your rival.

Just going to post the rest.

Working on it.

I miss Tok

Can someone post ZBG DLC please?

Why do you want it?

Hullo again ZBG. Sorry you didn't like my Stock Show WIP. What didn't you like about, if I may ask? The player's expected role? The focus on transformation?

Lads, why is reddit so autistic?

Also, shilling my shit again, because I'm a narcissistic fuckwit, and people haven't said enough nice things about me today.

If you added textures / backgrounds it'd look way cooler. It's pretty fun already but it'd be aesthetically improved.

>autistic
Wheredoyouthinkweare.png

Yeah, that's my Achilles heel. Trying to improve, but it's slow going. I've not got much sense for design.

Good point.

Eh maybe some image fading into a generic texture background. Since there's already a fading effect between the background and the options' background you could just add a different effect there.
Galaxy background with some metallic or sci-fi themed option background?
No fucking clue.

Don't apologize, it was really good!
Just not something for me.
My biggest issue is the fact that in the scenario I'm forced to become stock regardless of whether I want to or not.
There's definitely a lot of options in it that would allow me to make the best of a bad situation, so to speak, but becoming someone else's property is a giant deal breaker in my opinion.
I'm all about being in control or, at the very least, being able to choose who I follow/serve.
Like I said, it's great, just not something I could enjoy fantasizing about.
Holy fucking shit!
That made my day.
Thank you, user, I'm laughing and grinning like an idiot.

That'd probably be a good idea. I'll likely apply something like that on the next CYOA I make. Which might not be for a while. I plan on taking a little break to play video games and cry in the shower.

>cry in the shower
Hey at least you made a good CYOA.

>Lads, why is reddit so autistic?
>Also, shilling my shit again, because I'm a narcissistic fuckwit, and people haven't said enough nice things about me today.
Reddit is full of people like you.

You mean a version without the typos and terrible quality that stop people from actually playing it? I once thought about making such a thing, but it would probably be too destructive.

>Reddit is full of people like you.
Why do you think I hate them?

That is something.

I'll protect ZBG-nii!

It's a tough call between The Ultimate Fantasy and Duke the Bad Dragon. There are so many people who deserve death, but I'm going to go with the Ultimate Fantasy anyway. It's hard to top a summonable perfect waifu.

GODDAMNIT I WANT EVERYTHING
that one really stroked my scifi boner

Wish my asshole was bigger to get more of these bad boys in

Proper grammar and some rebalancing would also be good, considering how disproportionately powerful it is, first priority should be scaling most of the powers to a level where they won't crush 90% of CYOA's.

Seriously, what can most rivals do against an Archmage just deciding to nuke the general they're in? Elemental immunity is useless against ferromancy, magic resistance also fails to deal with hurling a mountain, pure physical endurance doesn't stop asphyxiation through air, fire or water, and any of the rival's magic can be negated with counterspell.

The powers are complete bullshit.

Given this new information, I've been wondering if you'd like my Lavender CYOA... On the one hand, right off the bat you're in a similar situation to Stock Show, being changed against your will, but on the other hand I give the player a lot more personal power and initiative, and give the player the option to rebel.

Well, if you've ever got the time, maybe give it a look. Thanks for the perspective, though!

I've seen those Crackers in action. That'll probably wreck your bung hole right quick.

I have a massive boner for sci fi stuff, and this tickled it particularly well

Is that enough ego stroking?

I planned on reading Lavender next.
Right after I finish making the single cringiest thing I've ever made...

Old but gold

That works, cheers lad.

More space and Sci-fi I demand it

You could use them all if you'd like, but you only get the power from one.

>Race
Human

>Class
Shifter

>Perks
Sneak Attack
Wise Hunter
Swift Shadow

>Itms
Stealth Suit (1900)
Melee Weapon (1850)
Energy Gun (1550)
Communicator (1450)
Basic Information Package (1400)
Player Database (1300)
Personal Message (1275)
Power Module, Portable (1225)
Personal Shield Generator (725)
Kevlar (675)
Energy Converter (665)

Shit, I don't know. I guess that's all I want.

I'll take any opportunity to shill my shit.

>Race
Human
>Class
Gamer
>Perks
Sleepless
Multitasking
Faster Growth
>Items
Power Armor - 1000
Small Power Module x2 - 1100
Energy Generator Portable - 1200
Energy Converter - 1210
Personal Shield - 1710
Gun (IA2) - 1810
Melee Weapon (Sword) - 1860
BIP - 1910
Personal Message - 1935
Ammo x55 - 1990
Food x1 - 2000

Nemesis

David the Werewolf obviously

>Nemesis
The Lizardfolk +1. Between a paranormal lovecraftian being, a paranormal unrelenting army of bones, an asshat survivor, an infectious curse or a bunch of cannibals, I take lizardbois.
>Cryptids
Island Aurochs & Titan Hermit Crab +1. Big ass game and big ass crustacean that doesn't have an intrinsic instinct to kill me.
>Special Cryptids
Wyverns +1. As long as I behave like a beta (a natural behavior for me) I'm A OK.
>Companions
None. I want to GET FUCKED.
>Cryptid Companions
None. Refer to the GET FUCKED above.
>Shelter
Escape Capsule. Free functional door and somehow movable.
>Arcane Artifact
Guide to Magic & Plague Emblem -2. Handy tricks, better used outside of combat. And I wanna be a rat lord. No, The Rat Lord.
>Miscellaneous Equipment
Oil Lantern, Medical Kit, Fishing Rod & Small Boat. I wanna be a fisherman.
>Mission
I don't quite understand. Selecting one gives what it's stated below each mission or are the requirements?Anyways. Accept your destiny.

Why? If you turn into a girl every full moon you're stuck as one for roughly a month at a time. How will anyone recognize you and how will you get id? You would be a stranger dropped into the world without anything. I'd like to be a cute girl of my own specifications too but learning more languages is a lot more practical, hell most of the other stuff is. Why not choose Dragon's Tongue user?

First Build: Guy With a Ship.

>Ship: Human Medium
Bought an old mining ship, useful for finding employment and cheap.

>Interior: Worn In and Comfy
The ship is old, and I'm pretty much moving into it, so it has a lot of my stuff from my life on Earth.

>Facilities: (25)
>Expanded Cabin Tier Two (-3. 22)
Gotta have a comfortable room, and a hard-light A.I. to keep the place clean could be really helpful.
>Medical Lab Tier Two (-3. 19)
Don't want to be without good medical help in an emergency.
>Bathing Amenities Tier Two (-3. 16)
Sounds nice.
>Crew Quarters: Humans and Robots (-3. 13)
Bringing some friends with me, and robots to help where my friends and I are lacking.
>Cloning Tank Tier One (-1. 12)
In case my friends or I have an unfortunate end, it won't be Game Over.
>Fabricator Tier Two (-3. 9)
Custom earth food, and tools when we need them? Hell yes.
>Library Tier Two (-3. 6)
I need my books, man!
>Augmented Reality Room Tier One (-1. 5)
Want to stay connected to earth media.
>Plant Garden Tier One (-1. 4)
>Aquarium Tier One (-1. 3)
For my friends who are bigger fans of nature than I am.
>Training Complex Tier One (-1. 2)
Because not training how to defend myself feels like asking to get murdered.
>Recreational: Games (-1. 1)
Figure the AR Room will be where my friends and I most goof off, but for when we feel like relaxing and being able tp chat about other things while we play, a less intense gaming room feels perfect.

(1/2)

(2/2

>Special Ship Features: (10)
>Wide Bridge Windows (-1. 9)
To see the beauty of space.
>Upgraded EVA Suit (-1. 8)
For when we need to go outside the ship, grab things from space, make repairs, etc.
>Powered Armor (-1. 7)
See Training Complex.
>Phasal Transporter Tier Two (-3. 4)
Easy navigation through the ship, and no more worrying about finding a place to land.
>A.I Companion Tier Two (-3. 1)
Everybody gets an A.I.!
>Nanobot A.R. Tier One (-1. 0)
Pretty much to combine with everyone's A.I. companions. Just general stuff for research purposes and the like.

>Wonders
>Planatary Events
>Stellar Phenomena
>Earth
Cool things in space, cool things on the planets we visit, and occasionally making trips back to our homeworld.

Just my friends and I having comfy adventures in space, taking cargo transfer jobs or whatever as we move from planet to planet and hang out.

Those categories could be expanded.

>No friends, neither real nor online
>I've only known a single person in my life who didn't make me want to kill myself at some point
>We're not friends, that person would probably consider us barely acquaintances

You could change only for the night, but if it didn't have the possibility of being permanent I wouldn't pick it to begin with. Beyond that, it's much easier than most be a girl options to acquire ID, seeing as you can change in front of someone to prove your identity (whether you want to or not is another story).

Seriously though, you would have to be a total idiot to spend a CYOA choice on something you could get through mundane means. If you want languages, fucking learn them yourself. You will never get to be a cute girl without choosing it.

>How will anyone recognize you and how will you get id?
It can't be that hard to get fake ID, people do it for booze and cigarettes all the time. You would need to own your own house and have a "clean" source of income under your own name, though you could make a heavy addition on top of that by being a twich whore who use pseudonyms all the time anyway.

That's true, but learning 5 is a lot, especially some that are really hard for a native English speaker to learn, like Russian, Mandarin, and Japanese.

Sure you could get a fake driver's license, but what about a SSN or a birth certificate? You'd have to whore yourself out really hard for the money for those. Not to mention high school diplomas or anything of the sort, or, most important of all, anyone's memories regarding the new you. If under any suspicion you could produce no references to verify your existence as a woman, no one would have memories of your past at all.

Last time I said steampunk and cyber so something different this time.

I couldn't wear the swimsuit or miniskirt or the french one. And I'm not in it for the money and I'm already ok at cooking and cleaning so classical isn't for me, even though it's pretty.

So that leaves us with learning languages, learning martial arts and fitness, and giving fantastic massages, or telekinesis.

I think I'll go with a masseuse who knows lots of languages!

I want to hug horror waifu though.

Alright, I'm off for the night, but I thought I'd leave you guys with a little something I threw to together for shits and giggles.
I call it The ZBG Prayer.
Enjoy.

Okay, that got me

>It can't be that hard to get fake ID
It's actually pretty hard these days. Do you know anyone with a fake ID?
And you'd also have to worry about money unless you're loaded; it's not like you could show up to work genderbent and expect to right back to it.

Race
>Nurarihyon

Class
>Slavemancer

Perks
Fast Learning
Wise Hunter
Multitasking

(-100) Small Energy Generator
(-50) Small Power Module
(-500) Personal Shield Generator
(-100) Stealth Suit
(-300) Anti-Material Rifle with Energy Weapon Upgrade x2
(-500) Jetpack
(-100) Communicator
(-50) Basic Information Pack
(-25) Personal Message
(-100) Player Database
(-50) Fungal Blood
(-120) Food x12
=(-1995)

Organization
>Seraph Confederacy

I'm a nurarihyon, so I am already very stealthy. On top of that I have the stealth suit. This should make me as sneaky as possible. I intend to sneak up on creatures and enslave them, then force them to fight for me. I will only ever use my weapon as a last resort on the off chance that something manages to detect me. If I am undetected I will flee from anything that looks too risky to take on. Wise hunter seems like a perk that will be weak at first, but extremely powerful as you develop.

>Taking the lizardfolk
The lizardfolk have primitive guns and are supposed to be intelligent... good luck with that.

Second Build: IMMA TABLE FLIPPING SPACE MECHA, YO!

>Ship: Space Mech Medium
Figured it's the perfect size for fighting in space AND on planets.

>Interior: Clean
I'm a top of the line Space Mech. The best of the best! Possibly the only, from some far off future. I dunno, I've had the Megas XLR theme song stuck in my head since I started this build.

>Facilities: (20)
>Fabricator Tier Three (-6. 14)
To create anything necessary, even in the midst of combat.
>Cloning Tank Tier One (-1. 13)
So I can replace my human occupants if they die out there.
>Bathing Amenities Tier Two (-3. 10)
>Medical Lab Tier Two (-3. 7)
More things for the comfort and survivability of my human occupants.
>Training Complex Tier Two (-3. 4)
So my humans can roll out in style and with whatever they need to help out in places I might be a bit too big to go to.
>Library Tier Two (-3. 1)
I still need my books! What am I going to do to entertain myself while floating through space or being parked on a planet?
>Crew Quarters: Human (-1. 0)
Obvious necessity for my human occupants to rest and such.
>Augumented Reality Room Tier Three (-0? 0)
Feels like the kind of thing I'm capable of automatically by the description of Space Mech?

(1/2)

(2/2)

>Special Ship Features: (10)
>Phasal Transporter Tier Two (-3. 7)
Seems especially important that my crew can board and unboard from a distance when I might be moving around a lot.
>Mind Upload Tier Three (-3? 4.) Figured if tier one was the default, then tier three can be bought like tier two. Basically, I AM SUPER AI!
>Synthetic Android Tier Two (-3. 1)
Because maybe I'll need to disguise myself among the crew, or so I'll be able to go with them in those places my mecha body can't.
>A Loving Being: Symbiote (-1. 0) (Joke Option?)
Imagine a symbiote fused with a mecha ship! Self repairing metal, and the ability to go beyond even the limits of top of the line technology! I don't know if this is a reasonable option, but imagine being A GIANT HALF ALIEN SYMBIOTE MECHA SHIP!!!

>Wonders:
>Earth
>Alien Spaceships
>Prime Cynosure A.I.
Protecting Earth, forming alliances or fighting aliens, and discovering the meaning of the universe. All in a days work for THE MECHA SHIP!

similar to my build I did for this, update of my other build

>Moderate, 7 inner, 7 outer, 1 Other
>Complications: Hospitality, Wanderlust, Nature's Respect, Sun's Flow, A New Home, Leave No Trace
>7 inner, 7 outer, 6 ANY, 1 Other
I'm going to live my life in this thing, never staying too long in one place.
>Inner
Sleeping Materials, Double Inner Size, Electricity, Magic Laundering, Cooler/Bag, Fountain of Vigor, Sanitary Access
>Outer
Camp Cooking Gear, Sphere of Peace, Temperate Weather, First Aid Bag, Perfect Boots, Translation Book, Sing By The Fire, Traveler Unbarred
>Other
SEP Field, Super Foldable, Chest of Holding, Weather Shield, Room for Another, Companionship

I'm going to become a Photographer, with an unparalleled ability to travel to places that may be off limits to everyone else. I don't need that much money, but I'll want to squirrel some away for health care, and to pay for a satellite phone since I could not fit in the internet access option. An option for health would be nice, even if immortality is off the table.

Companionship will bring many friends by, and eventually I would hope to find someone to share the journey with me, hence Room for Another. 200 square feet may not seem like much, but that's bigger than some "tiny homes", and the thing is magical. I REALLY wanted hot showers, but there's nothing else I could justify giving up for it. So, a lot of soap and washcloth over the tiny sink. Auto-laundry makes a huge difference in keeping clean, though.

I think the Chest of Holding is pretty essential for miscellaneous stuff you need. In my case, cameras, laptops, books, a few extra clothes for different weather, and portable satellite internet device. I don't actually know how much power it uses. pretty comfy, though

Nemesis
>Cannibal Tribe

Cryptids
>Island Aurochs
>Titan Hermit Crabs
>Giant Eels
>Cave Salamanders

Companions
>Witch Doctor

Shelter
>Satellite Station

Arcane Artifact
>Guide to Magic

Equipment
>Oil Lantern
>Fishing Rod
>Magnetic Compass
>Hunting Spear

Mission
>Accept My Destiny

Same old build

>Avian
>Shifter

>Faster Growth
>Sleepless
>Gaping Maw

>Energy Generator
>Small Power Module x2
>Gun
>Energy Weapon Upgrade
>Personal Shield Generator
>Anti Magic Mod

>Seraph Confederacy

Fast leveling is the name of the game here. As a Shifter, I level by exploring new places. Thanks to my flight as an Avian, I can do so extremely quickly, and I can dedicate 24 hours a day to the task thanks to Sleepless, and of course, Faster Growth to accelerate the process further.

I generally prefer to avoid conflict. My weapon and shield will more than suffice should I encounter light hostilities during my exploration, but if things look like they might get too rough I immediately teleport to safety. My anti-magic shield ensures that I have time to do so, no matter what kind of threat I face.

By the time the factions arrive, I should have a huge range and carry limit, as well as vast knowledge of the region. This is the service I provide to the Seraph Confederacy, getting their people where they need to be (and telling them where that is), "opening the door for their army" in that way. However, I'm generally not looking to command an army myself. I would prefer to rely on the faction for material support and protection instead. Simply being able to use faction safehouses would go a long way for me, though if the exp curve requires me to explore dungeons, a number of elite troops to do the heavy lifting might not be unappreciated.

kek

>Human Battleship (+3 Special Features)
>Classy

Facilities
>Augmented Reality Room Tier 3 (-6)
>Medical Lab Tier 3 (-6)
>Fabricator Tier 1 (-1) (Advanced understanding will be no problem)
>Cloning Tank Tier 2 (-3)
>Library Tier 2 (-3)
>Recreational, Music (-1)

Special Ship Features (+3)
>Mind Upload Tier 3 (-6)
>A.I. Companion Tier 1 (-1)
>Synthetic Android Tier 3 (-6)

Wonders
>Stunning Technology
>Prime Cynosure A.I.
>Young Worlds

Looks like I'm going to be a travelling show of scientific hijinks. What's an ascended AI to do with a holodeck, cloning vats, and the means to synthesize new life? Shape the universe however I now see fit, I guess.

Shit's going to be so cash.

Undertale CYOA when

make it, dude

ROPE! Dare I ask what you're going to do with that much rope? Also, where do you think you'll camp? Without SEP, you're a bit restricted.

Photographer is a good plan, user. I'll think about the health, thing. Thanks.

Holy shit that was the most epic thing I've ever read, how do you come up with this stuff? I really don't understand how you have no real life friends; you're so entertaining and witty.

I figure with such a focused build I should be able to hit level 100 at least 10 times faster than the "average" build. If the normal XP curve takes to about retirement age (ie when your getting too old to keep up the activity), my build should probably get there in 3 to 10 years. The only thing is I might have to wait for the world to "catch up" in order to advance the curve, I hope that's not the case given my method of XP gain.

All levels and plans aside, I think the shifter/avian combo suits me best anyway. Claustrophobia would be a little tough with my pre-system lifestyle, but seeing as that sort of thing is generally impossible anyway I don't see it as too big an issue except exploring dungeons, which I'd rather avoid if possible anyway. Being able to fly is definitely nice, and I think the Seraph Confederacy, though far from perfect, is the best chance the world has for any kind of return to normalcy. More than anything though, I pick Shifter because I am obsessed with my own survival. I should be able to survive anything with this as long as I don't go looking for trouble, which is a good enough reason NOT to pick Arachne or Oni

Why isn't this posted more? I think it's one of the best in recent memory. The point system is a little confusing & broken, but it's very creative and all the demons to chose from and read about is really scratching my itch for this sort of thing.

Post the other pages please.

Australian internet, doing it as fast as I can ...

Central Hub
Utilitarian Interior

>Facilities
Tier 3 Fabricator
Tier 3 Medical Lab
Tier 3 Augmented Reality
Tier 2 Library
Recreational Games
Robotic Crew Quarters

>Features
Tier 3 Mind Upload
Tier 3 AI Companion
Tier 1 Synthetic Android

>Wonders
Stunning Technology
Megalithic Structure
Earth

I will work my absolute hardest to bring massive technological breakthroughs to the human species.
Maybe I'll try to reach the level of the Prime Cynosure A.I. eventually

Crickey! Thanks regardless, mate.

No seriously, thanks.

Never. Undertale is shit