Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1661: Thunder and Lightning Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6s3qlk/all_the_statesmen_section_4_summary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doing some incredibly rough and probably inaccurate, by the estimated heat death of the universe, your Inner World could be up to 5.5e105 sq. miles. No idea how big that even is.

This just in. America has a goddess, and her name is Colombia.

Also, Paul Bunyan was born from using a Holy Grail to mix udon dough.

reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6s3qlk/all_the_statesmen_section_4_summary/

We need a Back to the Future jump, so we can get a perk that lets us take the credit for the accomplishments of black people.

Here's a jump I made a long time ago to practice making jumps.

It's sorta made in MS paint so don't expect it to be a work of art or anything.

Do the writers of grand order even care anymore?

>dies of laughter

Paul Bunyan is from a literal comedy manga not anything serious.

looks cute and endearing, upload it to the drive

Kinda curious but, how was your time in Luther Strode and which origin were you?

Hold your horses, that's more like a CYOA than a jump. It's not even based on a genre.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it belongs in CYOA gen not here.

That's a /pol/ jump you're thinking of there m8

I'm not sure why it's a jump instead of a general CYOA but I like it. The Parcel of Isocloces is really nice.

>America has a goddess, and her name is Colombia
Yeah. You didn't know that?
Columbia was Uncle Sam before Uncle Sam a thing. Also, she was a cute

I think he means in Fate/

>Unrealm Warp
No. Do not put in options that change basic assumptions about the entire chain.

You're obviously from CYOA gen but that's not okay.

This...is a good CYOA but a really bad jump. It's missing a lot or does a lot that's not good for Jumps but fits for CYOAs.

Dude it's an option to make your Warehouse bigger and some fluff. Don't like it, don't get it. SOP.

Ah, okay. Didn't read the Reddit post.

Yeah no, there aren't any other purchases that make your Warehouse bigger, As in, total storage size as opposed to attachments or making it bigger on your own initiative.

I'm not seeing how directly altering the warehouse is any better? And since when has an option replacing the benefactor been okay?

If you don't want to work within the same guidelines as everyone else, don't use jumpchain.

Then he can make different fluff, if it's that unimportant.

Sims 3, Basement.

>attachments

Nope. It's flat-out a second level to the Warehouse. Described as such, no other bullshit.

>No real perk or item trees, just random discounts
>Options all out of order
>Options that are more meta than anything I've seen in a long time
>Benefactor changing option
>Mystery boxes, seriously?
Is this even based on something specific? You've got a bunch of issues here.

>Mystery boxes
>My benefactor is better than yours shit
>Dumb hidden messages that give free CP

>attachments.
It's not changing the warehouse any more than anything else that adds another room to the warehouse. This option is not doing that. This option is both increasing the warehouse's size flat out and replacing the benefactor. Neither is okay.

>>Dumb hidden messages that give free CP
nigga wut

this has to be a troll

The Warehouse already has shelving space as an option. See also , I'd say it's also completely OC but to be fair so are Imaginary Friend and Generic Parenting

See Uh dude we have the Universal Drawback and Alt-Chain Builder now.

I've seen this jump on Reddit long before now so I'm pretty sure they legitimately don't know why this stuff is questionable.

I don't remember either of those becoming part of the drive rather than widely used supplements

>Yeah no, there aren't any other purchases that make your Warehouse bigger
So... inter-jump balance? What's the issue with making the Warehouse bigger? Also, Ar Tonelico has one.

>on reddit

There's your problem! That place is a horrible shithole that ought not to exist.

Neither of those are official? Jesus, this is why we said don't put it on the drive.

Those are just someone's house rules they've shared. They're not to be considered anymore than a supplement that gives you infinite CP.

Using fanmade house rule supplements to justify decisions made in jumps is really, really dumb.

Basement Dweller
Discount: Student, Townie

Provides your home and warehouse with a floor under the ground floor. Unlocks basements for Build Mode.

Check the Drive, Supplements folder. They're there.

>Universal Drawback and Alt-Chain Builder now.
Neither of which are on the drive.

They're literally on the drive right now.

Both are in the Supplements folder, boyo. Same as these things like Housing System or Space Dock.

Face it. JumpChain's always changing. You just don't like change.

They are in the supplements folder I'm looking at them currently.

>says person on even worse shithole

Yeah, I'm just putting my vote out there: I think you put a lot of creativity and thought into this, but I don't think it belongs on this drive because you made up an entire setting wholesale for it. For what it's worth, I think once you remove all mention of jumpchain it would make a very fine CYOA.

Again, so what? There's a supplement for giving you infinite companions, that doesn't mean canon companion options should be given for free.

I honestly can't believe the people that said putting those two things on the drive would result in this were right. You're using them to try and justify decisions made in actual jumps. Optional rules to decide non optional jump stuff.

>Using fanmade house rule supplements to justify decisions made in jumps

Every jump is a "fanmade house rule supplement."

It's inventive, but not a Jump. I would be interested in seeing what you could do following the actual Jump format.

If you seriously think that I have no idea what kind of standards of quality you have, or how you manage to live while having them. Yes, these threads are horrible. But the jumpchain subreddit is such a horrific, barren waste, utterly bereft of any redeeming features, that there mere comparison is offensive.

Wow, SB causing yet another argument because of what they made. Lo and behold, it's about trying to use their stuff to justify rule changes.

Calm down man. It's clearly not a Jump. This isn't going anywhere serious. Even if someone uploads it, Brutus is gonna look at it and laugh.

We already have a few different original setting jumps on the drive. This CYOA doesn't belong on the drive, but for reasons totally unrelated to its original setting.

Fuck off already.

He's talking about the part in BttF where the white dude inspires Johnny Be Good.

Quit piggybacking you idiot. That's not what this is all about.

Have you made any jumps before?

Except that's what people are doing. Using the UDS as evidence for why things should be allowed in jumps.

If you could only use magic from a single Jump, which would it be?

Hard Mode: You have to pick that Jump as your starting Jump.

In case you missed it.

That's dumb. That's the dumbest dumb thing. God damn that's so dumb my head started hurting.

Answer is the same for both, but it's cheap. The Gamer.

Hey, I'd just like to clarify that this is a thing I just popped open the paint program and made to practice the jumpchain format almost a year ago. I am aware that it's not worthy of being on the drive by any measure, there are many errors and incosistencies with the standard jump format (as at the point I made this, I hadn't even found the jump creation guide yet, I just sorta looked at a couple existing jumps).

The reason I made it in the first place is because I didn't want the first jump I made to be an actual setting I knew and enjoyed, because I knew my first attempt would be trash. Legitimately sorry for the confusion.

That's what one idiot is suggesting. No one else is. Just relax. It's a moot point and a moot argument.

1. I was talking about the sites as a whole
2. Yes, I do believe this place is worse. The only quality other sites give a shit about for Jumpchain is the only one that matters: whether or not it's fun. This place is 60% vitriol, 10% jumpmaking, and the other 30% is a mix between random garbage and people actually having fun, of which the percentage fluctuates throughout the week

Umineko if spiritual arts and ki are still OK. Probably one of the Exalted jumps otherwise. Maybe DC Occult? I imagine the Dimension Lord dimension would be blocked off if I couldn't get any kind of magic from there.

...why did you POST IT THEN?

No harm no foul man, it proves you got imaging chops. Not your fault it got thrown into the argument bonfire.

Whats a modern-ish setting where i can just kick back and relax?

Hero BBS for both.

Except Reddit has shit quality. What does it matter if it only cares about quality if the quality it gets to care about is shit anyway?

Its also basically a near dead community.

It's fine. It's not your fault, the only reason theres an argument at all is because me and others weren't sure if it was meant for the drive or not. For what it's worth, like I said I do think it would make a decent CYOA.

That was not meant to be capitals, that's just my broken ass computer.

How did that shit reach drive in the first place? Was out when it happened and it really reads like an attempt to slap easy drawbacks onto every jump so you don't actually have to take bad ones in your build. It's pretty much a lot of SB style "Challenges" that give you free CP forever in exchange for trivial problems.

I imagine he might have wanted to know what people's specific grievances would be? Lurking moar, as usual, would do the same but there's stuff that isn't immediately obvious from reading the rules.

K-On.
Youtube, if you consider that sort of stuff relaxing.
Wii Sports Resort.

Umineko, DC, or Marvel.

Forgotten Realms. But that's an obvious and boring answer.

Hard Mode: Gravity Falls. Yes, I'm quite serious. The magic there has some serious possibilities if you can dig up the secrets of it.

It may be a bunch of easy-mode bullshit, but it's written fairly well, by an established name, and in the format of a supplement that people can completely ignore if they want to.

So, what's the problem?

>he doesn't know about Columbia
[muffled Columbia, Gem of the Ocean playing in the distance]

Mate, you're not understanding. The only quality there is is fun, which the jc thread is usually lacking. The thread doesn't have it. The IRC has it, the Discord has it, Reddit has it, probably SB too but I don't go there. This place is a drain on people, their creativity, and their willingness to deal with this shit on a daily basis.

See I shoulda added something about Fate/. My bad.

Believe it or not, the obscure Laws and Ordinances of Traditional Jumpchain Conduct are hard to memorise. It sounds like he just thought it would be a cool nostalgic thing to show 'n tell, and forgot about our collective autism.

I'm guessing it has something to do with most people not paying much attention to supplements in the first place. People get careless, and tired of 24/7 cigillance upon the drive. Now personally, I loathe the OC that is Kamidachi in Hero Academy Bulletin Board and the fatfuck who apparently whined at his IRL jumpmaker friend to make it happen woth every fiber of my being. But I wasn't there when it got posted, and here we are.

Preach it, motherfucker.

Anima Beyond Fantasy, shit can do alot, with Mega Therion one could create planets.

Hardemode: Geneforge probably, lets me create minions and shaping has lots of potential when combined with a lot of time.

My impression of the subreddit is that the only quality they care about is whether or not it's been converted into a bunch of jpegs and uploaded on imgur. What gives you the impression they care about fun? The single-digit number of posts on each submission, most of which are completely generic thanks or links to a blog?

Oh, I had missed it was written by SJ Chan. Which really makes it worse considering she's an "established name" in the same way Adarx or Blackshadow are. Seriously guys, what the fuck?

>Easymode: Hero BBS
>Hard Mode: Harry Potter

I was going to reluctantly acknowledge the suppleement point at least, but then I realised you were talking about SJ. Who is one of my least favorite jumpmakers.

>the fatfuck who apparently whined at his IRL jumpmaker friend to make it happen woth every fiber of my being
That would be the anons in this thread, who encouraged the jumpmaker to put them in. His friend (rightfully) told him it was a shit idea.

Okay, so the answer is that there is no actual problem and that you're human garbage who shouldn't be allowed to post here.

Thank you.

Posting with my name's just going to cause even more drama, but. user?

Hear. Fukken'. Hear.

Oh. Sorry fatfuck, I misjudged you all along.

Wel, fuck all of you then. That thing is the equivalent of putting Sonichu in an actual Sonic jump.

We got anything besides Monster Cat to give us more souls?

Man, I want that as the first post in every thread until people realize this place is supposed to be fun and enjoyable instead of a fucking salt farm.

It's a lot easier to enjoy when you learn to stop biting bait and feeding shit posters. Plenty of the things people think helps only fuel the fires to their own pain, like the whole Timmy thing.

Ignore shit posters or don't whine when they ruin things for you.

The shitposter would probably thi "fun" is a jumpmaker and try to pretend Fun either comes from SB, or should go there

You mean aside from it actively encouraging jumpmakers to not give a shit about drawback design, being a hot mess of free CP and bad mechanics, and just generally messing with jumps in stupid ways? My reaction there was mostly due to shock from seeing your insinuation that SJ's name adds anything to a product when she's mostly known for trying to mess with basic Jumpchain standards to make her jumps more special. And not in a competent or interesting way either.

No, no, he's correct. SJ-Chan has a nasty habit of adding things to her jumps/supplements that have no basis in canon. Also, this .

The reason they convert the pdfs to is because it is crossposted into a different, much more active subbreddit that has a file format requirement. The jumpchain subbreddit itself is for specific discussions within jumpchain, which is provided but not necessary like it is here because of each post has its own thread and so there are usually many congruent, albeit short, discussions, as the ideas rarely have the opportunity to build off of one another. Personally, I think this is a major flaw of Reddits in this context

So they don't really have an actual jumpchain community, they just have a cyoa community

I honestly think part of the reason for the shitposting is that there's only so much we're willing to talk about. SB keeps active thanks to a small community of vaguely-creepy minmaxers who are constantly putting together challenges as an excuse to give themselves free CP (but, credit to SJ where it's due, the UDS has helped reduce that), deliberately misinterpreting perks to be as overpowered as possible, and putting together weird gimmick builds to meet weird gimmick goals of their own devising. The chats are just okay with being dead sometimes, and the lack of anonymity helps. The subreddit is completely devoid of actual discussion.

So, what else is a /jc/ user to do? Create new content? Absolutely not. It must be shitposting.