EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Burn it all down" edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
How did you fare last EDH night?

Also spoilers are happening, good luck with that.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/08-08-17-FOe-edh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How did you fare last EDH night?
Won 2 of 4.

First with a pretty casual Gitrog and the second with a Maelstrom Wanderer

Got stomped 3 times, but I learned a lot about a new deck. Mainly that I have no draw despite being in blue.

>How did you fare last EDH night?
Won with Zada
Karn was too slow and barely held on
Dralnu ate shit and died

>play groop bitches about my joyride of the ghetto deck even though it has a wincon
>playgroop says nothing about my stax deck even though it's wincon is them forfeiting

what i learned last EDH night

What is a good unassuming group hug deck. I've been thinking of group ramp deck with Kruphix. To slowly accumulate mana, while no one notices and then mill everyone out with an x spell. The only thing that hold me back, is that getting an infinite mana combo seems way easier then go through all the risks.

tl;dr
Give me a grouphug commander than isn't a retarded hippo or two queers.

>Good
>Group Hug
>mfw

You posted it. Play Dictates, mana doublers and some light pillowfort on top of wheels and cycling cards to dig through your deck and find your big spells. Play a bunch of politics with denial and bounce spells to stop aggressive plays and make friends as you speed the game up faster than people can adapt to.

what about groop FIGHT

i want to try one, because no other format has hug decks and I like to be sneaky. I could go stax, which is the same idea only reversed, but I don't want to make a deck so miserable no one wants to play me or just be the auto archenemy.

>grouphug commander
Nekusar.

GET IN THE FUCKING RING

making this deck now and dressing up as a luchadore when playing it

How did you fare last EDH night
Won League game, 5 trigger limit to prevent infinites, got Teysa and Darkest Hour out turn 4 and killed someone on Turn 5 with 5 damage a turn upped it to ten a turn on my next turn with Blood Artist and killed them on their upkeeep. Needless to say salt ensued.

Listen, I'm going to need you to FUCKING ATTACK!

Group hug is pretty miserable to play against when it goes hard. When I untap with all my lands tapping for quadruple mana because you played mana flares into my mana reflection and you're giving me 4 extra cards a turn, it makes me lose interest in the game, I don't even want to resolve all that shit in my turn because it's going to take a long time and it doesn't feel organic, like my deck earned it

And it also sucks to be placed in the turn order right before the group hug player, so that when the group hug player plays all the mana flares and howling Mines you're the last person to get to use them, if you get to use them at all

1 out of 3.
Adriana went full crusader on my Play group's ass flashbacking Increasing Devotion with Crusade and Cathar's Crusase online. Deus Vult.
Played Allies Tribal with Tazri but got hated out because I usually destroy their hands or just make infinite tokens/triggers.
Played nearly Vanilla Breya and ended up losing because Value dosen't mean winning. I really should give more tutors, but just playing archenemy with the table is fun, probably going full combo would ruin it.

Group Hug is really gay, I can't fucking stand it. I'm usually very political at the table but I go full grull when a Group Hug deck shows up.
>"b-but I'm giving everyone cards, why are you targeting me?"
I swear I won't stop doing this until my playgroup learns and change their commanders when i sit at the table.

Group hug just speeds up peoples combos, when you have double mana turn 4 and have a ton of extra cards 9 times out of 10 someone can just play an infinite in a single turn due to drawing the pieces and having the mana to slam it down in a single turn.

>put an order through on TCG
>forget to order an important piece
Fuck

COME AT ME, YOU PANSY!!

Archetypes from most enjoyable to least enjoyable
>Good stuff decks >Aggro decks >Dedicated simple combo (2-3 pieces and is instantaneous, no Storm bullshit or 15 minute doomsday turns) >Theme >Stax >Staying home and not playing EDH>Storm and 15 minute turn combos> Chaos >literal shit>>>>>Grouphug = Pillowfort

>Good stuff
>enjoyable
Please kys yourself

>Goodstuff
>enjoyable

Thats the old list user, we all voted on this new accurate list:

>deck I haven't seen before > deck I've seen before

Has the tribe for tomorrow been revealed?
Sunday they said something about "the cats in the bag" so it was clear cats would be shown.
Any clues today?

>Dont have to sit through 15 minute turns
>Doesnt win out of nowhere usually
>folds to boardwipes and targeted removal of pieces

Oh god, I know those feels.

The whole point of goodstuff is that it DOESNT fold to wipes and removal, you just draw lots of cards and if they answer your shit well that's fine because all 64 of your nonlands are great so you'll just play more

The decks that fold to removal are decks that rely on specific synergies and have lots of cards that don't work without their combos in play

The decks that fold to wipes are aggro decks and tribal decks

I agree goodstuff is the most fun archetype btw

meow?

Deathmatch stax decks are fun as fuck.

Loooove this card in my Rakdos deck. The fun times never end my friends.

kill yourself

I dont even mind the card but the art for this one is so furry its disgusting

reveal yourself

What do you mean? Like this card is somehow anthropomorphic-animal-sex-fetish-y?

PREPARE

VALUE

Huh. Kinda reminds me of old Mannfred

confirms wizards.
also this is pretty good considering most "standard" revival effects are 4-5c.

>can rez any vampire or wizard
>[laughs in Lab Man]

Is it possible to use something like this as my Commander. Im a hardcore weeb, should i get the actual card altered to be that or just buy the proxy?

The deck will still work but it definitely won't be as smooth

Get that as an alter for Jenara.

that creature isn't legendary so no.
Proxies are usually okay-ish for tabletop magic. Most LGSes (ive been to) dontt really accept them.
If you know the people at the store they will let you but I recommend getting a regular printed card

>tfw I fucking took control of this bullshit with my Oloro Deck after the player controlling it knocked out all the other 5 players, then smacked his face with this and a double striking Sphinx of the Steel Wind

This pleases Zur

So.. is this in the vampire or wizards precon? Or both? Or us getting a wizards precon is just a bad china-man translation?

vampires, as you can tell if you were not blind or retarded

Any bets on the chase deck for C17?

we havent seen the rest calm down

Wizards most likely

or WoTC will put all valuable reprints on cats

>noyan dar isn't bant
>isn't even in green
Why must you make me suffer, wizards?

>mfw all the swords and Jitte

Your retarded if you think wotc will cram that much value in these $35 decks.

It's a Vampire Wizard that revives Vampires or Wizards. Not even that user, but I understand how they could've arrived at the question.

Post the shittiest bicolor decks

I'll start:

White/Blue
White/Black
White/Red
White/Green
Mono White

The cards only cost them pennies, so the "value" means fuck all to WotC. The secondary market will be the only one to suffer. In fact it would be a smart move since it would ensure the cat deck flies off shelves and unlike MM Commander is an unlimited print run.

>But muh aftermarket value on non-reserve list cards!

I'll never understand these kinds of retards. If you want to "invest" in magic buy reserved list shit where you're at least "guaranteed" to make your money back at the worst.

Magic could be dead in five years and every faggot with rooms filled with boxes would be hilariously fucked.

what makes UG so strong in EDH?

Magic's creators not knowing how to balance their game.

Sort of a sum of its parts thing. Blue alone is good, green alone is good, blue-green cards are good, so all together the color combo has access to some of the strongest cards

Unfortunately WOTC has proven they do care about the secondary market.

Also
>unlimited print run
>Commander 2016
>pic related

>White Blue
Brago and GAAIV
>White Green
Selvala, Sisay

Is Zada fun? I feel like you shit out value effortlessly until you win via grapeshot or swinging with a million tokens.

Copied spells don't rack up Storm count, only spells cast.

Some of those color combos are better than others. I would take WU or GW over Rakdos.

They're basically pigeon holed to put ramp and card draw in their decks, so the average casual that homebrews does surprisingly well.

EDH is an environment both colors flourish in. They're the best at building resources and it's better in multiplayer to build your resources than to try to manage everyone else's.

How bad did I do?

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/08-08-17-FOe-edh/

>W/G
Who the fuck plays this boring combination?

not that guy but fuck i think youre retarded

It's still better than Yugioh where their idea of managing the secondary market is crashing it ever couple of months and powercreeping the old cards out of relevancy.

Anyone else feel like I do about the C17 precons so far, even if there's not much spoiled yet?

Just get 1 or 2 precons depending if the rest are decent, then play it as is, and with little customized cards as possible. Just straight out of the box.

>WU
Brago and Grand Arbiter Augustin are top tier you mongoloid
>WG
Selvala and Rhys the Redeemed are very good too, tier 2
>WB
Teysa, Orzhov Scion is solid tier 2, easy combo potential in these colors because you get the best tutors
>WR
This one ill give you, all the commanders are aggro and only Aurelia is any decent
>Mono W
Mono W Stax is pretty competitive, various viable commanders but all have to be Stax themed like Thalia, Linvala, or Hokori

Soon, a good chunk of your playgroup :^)

Its fun

Meow :^)

I love this meme, desu I dont care if its autistic but I will try and kill the cat player at our table every time without fail. Also will out them as being gay.

>Also will out them as being gay.
What if they're already gay, user?

This is pretty rough but thats ok. Im guessing youre playing The Mimeoplasm and your fatty count is incredibly low. it seems like best case youve got a 13/13 jin which is good dont get me wrong but this is weak. Hermit druid and creature tutors are needed in this list but it seems you have a lot of ways to put creatures in the yard through dredge. Your removal is pretty rough. I dont know about budget but there are much better removal spells in those colors. Card draw and better creature raamp would help. Drop the number of noncreature spells and any effects that you can get on a creature do.

Card to consider are Hermit Druid, Skythiryx, Consecrated Shpinx, Malestrom Pulse, Abrupt Decay, and any card draw you see fit.

Hope this helps my dude.

such a waste of trips. the answer is clearly dragons. as if the timmies of the world would let this opportunity pass. I know I wont.

>Typical SJW
>White is bad!

There was a preorder listing for $99 for all 4 that's since sold out. I'd expected I'd probably only buy Vampires and Wizards, but that being $70 before tax anyway, I figured basically buying the other two decks at less than $15 each would be fine. Last time my group tried playing out of the box precons was c14 and Daretti consistently stomped everyone except sometimes Freyalise, so I don't have a whole lot of confidence in their balance.

Uncommon in Commander precons means 'it's in multiple decks but not all of them.' Common means 'in all decks', rare/mythic means 'in only one deck'
This is in at least two decks.

Yeah, I'm gay.
Gay for YOUR MOM.

>Mono W Stax is pretty competitive
Please don't.

Thank you for the help.

It's weird you say Daretti stomped when Daretti won the least by far when me and my mates played the c14 precons. Freyalise and Teferi were houses.

>question
Almost lost with Jhoira since I thought I didn't have enough blockers but then remembered my suspended Gargadon. Next turn, two Eldrazi resolved with a temporal mastery in hand and I sacced everyone else's boards. Won with 1 life, and ended up taking every game that night.

>I sacced everyone else's boards
How's that?

Annilator i assume

No probs m8

Any competitive EDH people here? Or are you all sucking Jason Alts dick with that gay 75 shit.

So, we're getting the Ur-Dragon, O-Kogachi, Ramos, Wasitora, and Taigam in Dragons, and Mirri in Cats (fairly sure the rest of Cats is made up)
Vampires has Edgar Markov and at least two others that can be used as commander, Wizards has three to be used as commander.
Vampires may have more former characters - and going by Mirri, they may have already had a card. A new Crovax is possible, either shortly after his curse or as Crovax, Commander of the Invasion. A Zendikari bloodchief that isn't Drana or Kalitas is possible (technically they're possible as well, just unlikely), and I wouldn't put it past Wizards to put ANOTHER Innistradi bloodline progenitor in there. Baron Sengir could have gained more colors over the years as well, and...I suppose The Mephidross Vampire, of which there is only one left definitely, could get a card if they wanted. Beyond that, I'm not sure if there's any other specific vampires that can fit in the deck and lead it Maybe a Sorin that can be your commander (he sparked immediately upon becoming a vampire). Anything else is entirely pulled-out-of-ass territory like the cats.
WIZARDS! have the opposite problem - rather than being a rather narrow and specific type that's obvious when you do or do not qualify, pretty much anyone who can cast a spell can have WIZARD! slapped on them. Including flavor text characters that don't suggest one way or the other what they are.
Ertai might be a possibility here. The Numena, either seperately or as a group. One of the few I DON'T see being here is Urza in any form - he is an Artificer through and through
What do other people think might show up?

This into Snapcaster. Value Town, USA.

Getting my deck up to 100% soon, just need a Mana Crypt and an Imperial Seal.

Fuck yeah man what you playing?

Probably both.

One of the likely legends for Vampires is either the BW Innistrad Angel who Avacyn killed for allying with vampires and demons, or Marycz, the Angel who Edgar Markov exsanguinated to start the curse of Vampirism.

Is Idylic Tutor a good enough replacement for Demonic Tutor? The combo is Enchantment based and I dont want to use DT for religious reasons