What'd i miss on Veeky Forums over the past 3 months

i usually take a short sabbatical from Veeky Forums during the summer months, what with better things to do and the influx of edgy kids.

What have i missed over the past 3 months? any new trends pop up? is there still 99 stat me threads going? what does Veeky Forums hate this week? you know, gimme the goods.

when i left there was some discussion about separating into another board called hobbies or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well it seems strike has become more popular and the kids have either forgotten or they've run away.

The idea of splitting is fucking retarded and people need to deal .

Stat me... I dunno, insert owlbear.png or something.

Every time we get meta on Veeky Forums it devolves into a shit storm.

Oh and /qst/ is sad and dead

None of the people who used to spam quest threads have bothered to update their book marks to the qst board so there are now 3000 CYOA threads instead.

"Stat me" is still strong in the meta as is "40k fluff wanking", but "filename threads" are making a stealth come back and managing to normally finish with one in the top 8.

Oh and old faithful "my waifu is the best how dare you not agree with my wank material" is still going strong.

We're still waiting for quest threads to be allowed back on Veeky Forums.

>We're
Speak for yourself. The rest of us are still celebrating it.

Ahh /qst/ it would seem that our fates would be forever entwined. Seriously I've never seen a board discuss another board so frequently.

How longs it been since we cut them off?

>every single meta thread, not matter the topic, questfags complain

It would improve board health if this was bannable.

I mean these are the same people who were utterly blind to how much they were fucking up the board, they're never going to stop. Lacking self-awareness and being obnoxious are their primary character traits.

Hey are meta threads even allowed? I always thought it was some invisible rule they weren't allowed for some reason.

Hiroshimoot declared that you get a single meta thread per board.

No.

I give absolutely zero fucks about board health or culture but quest threads are shit and they belong on their own board.

Yes, and occasionally they post a thread demanding quests back. They screech and whine, but nothing changes, which is the way it should be.

I honestly like that we can now go more than hours before archiving.

My bad, meant to say 4 hours

Objectively wrong.
Today is the slowest day of the week, and the threads that will soon fall off the board were last bumped less than 6 hours ago. At fast times, it's closer to 3. If you don't bump a thread at least 4 or 5 times in any given 8 hour stretch, it falls off the board.

Ribbon became the official mascot of Veeky Forums, and now all pay fealty to the double-ahoge throne.

Meta threads are still bannable. I report any meta topic and they always end up getting pruned.

/pfg/ became /pgg/ (Starfinder & Pathfinder), also there's been a ton of Starfinder leaks.

So if /pfg/ wasn't bad enough now they're both talking about two different games in the same general, but it's full of degenerates anyway so it doesn't really matter.

>every single meta thread, not matter the topic, questfags complain

It's as though the people on Veeky Forums who don't like quest threads are a minority, and the majority of Veeky Forums either liked having quest threads on this board or didn't care either way.

Are you happy you contributed nothing

But why? No rule says you can't have threads talking about the board you're on. Except on /qst/

I explained why someone was wrong and hopefully disabused a notion or two.

Making a thread about race and/or gender is still a great way to get 300+ upvotes.

(You) are waiting. We are not. Fuck off and good riddance.

To get... what?

Just don't pay attention to it, it'll go away

I tend to agree with this user

upbumped

Pogs are back

This

But mostly this

>But why? No rule says you can't have threads talking about the board you're on. Except on /qst/

The day Hiro ruled every board was allowed a metathread, the mod who runs Veeky Forums deleted the Veeky Forums metathread. Someone pointed this out to Hiro, who basically said, "Make a new metathread on Veeky Forums and link it to me here on /qa/". A new thread was made, but the mod deleted it a couple of minutes later, before Hiro could look at it. This went on for an hour or so. Hiro either doesn't know that Veeky Forums has numerous offsite archives, or he just assumed that people were mistyping the crosslinks.

Anyway, my point is that whenever Veeky Forums has a metathread, the topic invariably turns to quest threads, because quest threads had eight years of history on Veeky Forums before being banned, and they were enjoyed by a large number of Veeky Forums users. Our mod doesn't enjoy this fact, so he's quick to delete them (despite being told directly by Hiro not to delete them).

Oh shit we doin pogs now?

I remember getting banned for posting a meta thread and complaining when a mod deleted it

I got a ban for making a new metathread after it was deleted because the mod said I was "spamming".

Shoggy made two new threads about the guardsmen party.

We had a nice list of Veeky Forums movies mixed with rage against Valerian a few days ago.

I think there were more MTG threads than usual, but I'm not sure. Asscracks were mentioned.

There is a dark setting called "The Dark Sun" which seems to be making progress so far.

Some of us finally realized the Mark of Khorne is a skull.

An user posted his Warhammer 40k lego figures.

A thread about a self-replicating dungeon.

Way too many vampire threads.

Yea pogs are tg and it's a thing again. There's too many rule sets though and most of it is homebrew garbage.

People really need to stop looking at movies that are cookie cutter garbage with good CGI and getting their hopes up.

Literally nothing. This board is stagnant as shit.

>ban content whenever someone says they don't like it
>surprised when the board becomes stagnant

If only we could get rid of the generals, I just know that Veeky Forums would be amazing again! And also ban Towergirls, CYOAs, and everything else that I don't think is Veeky Forums-related.

>but muh smut general!
Tell me what Towergirls has to do with Veeky Forums. It didn't even start here, it's garbage Veeky Forums scavenged from /v/

That's where that talk about the other board split came from. People need to quit feeling like elites and shit, nobody here is any more special than anyone else. Liking one particular thing doesn't make you or it any but more important

>Tell me what Towergirls has to do with /tg
It's simple.

The mod who runs Veeky Forums doesn't hate Towergirls.

Veeky Forums doesn't stand for /tower girls/? I was wondering how the mods put up with all this off topic bullshit about warhams and shit.

So...what's towergirls? I don't ever read past small threads and never read any generals

Psst hey if people just ignore things then they aren't a problem so they can quit bitching about generals. It's not that hard to just scroll a few more pixels

>Tell me what Towergirls has to do with Veeky Forums

Checkmate.

Offtopic waifu autism

>some faggot's autistic forced waifu
Not Veeky Forums

it's about as Veeky Forums as those CYOA which are essentially openended quest threads

I had a feeling you were really just a bitter cunt.
Good thing you're not the guy who gets to decide what's Veeky Forums or not.

Imagine BroQuest, and all the meaningless 'ideas guy' faggotry therein. Now add a LOT of waifufaggotry, coupled with furries, monmusufaggots, and trapfaggots. Now add a mediocre half-assed hentai game so that they can technically say it's Veeky Forums-related without sucking up the coveted "one CYOA thread at a time" spot while still titling their threads "Towergirls CYOA Thread".

That's Towergirls.

Those belong on /qst/ too

CYOAs don't fit the criteria that the sticky on /qst/ says quest threads are.

Does Veeky Forums have any good discords?

>An user posted his Warhammer 40k lego figures.
Hey, that was me!

>Does Veeky Forums have any good
Ha ha. No.

>Shoggy made two new threads about the guardsmen party.
Hey, that was me!

Lego battleadventure report when?

man i love meta threads because it helps me learn so much, like "Whats guardsmen party?"

It's kind of like a reaaally bad ripoff of Pratchett, but it's 40k related so there's people who latched on to it.

For a slightly less angry explanation: it's a long running storythread about a guardsmen-only Dark Heresy party, there's a 1d4chan page.

1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party

CYOA both belongs on /qst/, and doesn't meet the criteria whatsoever. /qst/ will always create edge problem cases -- what if /k/ wants to play innawoods Risk? Still does more good than harm, and my hidden thread list hovers in the low single digits.

That was dope.

Basically everyone on both sides is still royally asspained about quest threads, and the former anti-questfags have started to move into new areas to bitch about.

Quality has generally declined as a result, given the new attitude of "if I don't like it, I should shitpost about it".

oh, and this guy keeps spamming threads he doesn't like in the hopes that the mods OKed in the hopes of getting them canned permanently.

You literally just described every trait of anti-questfags.

Actually, screeching and whining does cause changes if you do it for a decade straight until the website management changes.
It's been proven.
Though, questfags need to step it up. Antiquestfags were spamming multiple "Bawww I haet quest" threads every day for over a year before the removal, and were consistently bitching in unrelated threads for exponentially longer.
I don't think questfags have enough whine in them to have even a tenth of the continuous whine antiquestfags put out.

This basically sums it all up.

Come back, lego user, we miss you.
I wonder what happened to lego quest dude, he was a baller.

>enjoyed by a large number of Veeky Forums users
And now those users are all on /qst/ and can continue using Veeky Forums to their heart's content.

Imagine a chatroom that you and your buddies frequented couldn't afford it's own server costs and had to share one room with an Iranian auctioneer, so everyone in the room had to scroll past some Persian bullshit about a '99 Corolla going for WAY CHEAPER than he should really be selling it for, etc etc.

Now imagine if you finally paid for the auctions hosting, but they BEGGED you to come back to your shitty little discord channel to sell cars in a language you'll never understand.

That's what this is like for normal Veeky Forums

I stil don't understand how quests can be popular on Veeky Forums yet fail on a board of their own. How is that even possible?

You missed the storytime about a Crab with Phoenix Waifu going on happy PURGE THE HERETICS funtimes with a Dragon, a Mantis and a Monkey in L5R.

The lack of ID and flags allow for people to shill and sh1tpost to a extreme. Threads about identiy are ran by people who are just a stain on all things /tg

>I stil don't understand how quests can be popular on Veeky Forums yet fail on a board of their own. How is that even possible?
Quests were mainly just something Veeky Forums indulged in while browsing this board. People would see a quest that interested them while scrolling, enjoy the quest, and then go back to browsing Veeky Forums. Very few people were interested in more than one quest, which means no one on Veeky Forums is going to browse a board that's 99% unrelated to their interests on the off chance that they will see the one quest they're interested in.

Antiquesters will chirp up with "your quest must suck if you can't attract players", but the truth is that the sticky on Veeky Forums isn't doing anything to lure neckbears onto /qst/, so the quest board is circling the drain. If we could have a Quest Thread General on Veeky Forums and post links to quests running on /qst/, it would really help to bring more people over, but we can't because those threads get deleted almost instantly.

Some user wrote up a series of twenty threads worth of storytime about his Legend of the Five Rings campaign. I'd put it up there with the All Guardsmen Party and 2D's Shadowrun Storytime. I think that SupTG has most of them (look up, but here's a screencap.

Someone compiled it into a PDF file-- In total, it's over 500 pages long. Well worth it, IMO.

*BLAM*heresy

Seconded

There's 4 CYOA threads up, though. Jumpchain is a CYOA, then there's the CYOA general, and then that magical girl one. Plus TowerGirls. So what you're saying is my quest thread can still be on Veeky Forums, as long as every decision the players make is presented in a CYOA format? Perfect, I'll get to work right away

CYOAs and quests aren't even related to each other. If you do that, all you'll have is a quest that doesn't allow write-ins and makes each update a picture for no good reason. It will be obvious to anyone familiar with either type of game.
CYOAs are solitaire and almost never show results because the entire game is a self-contained image. They're akin to running through a character creation process. Quests are constantly ongoing in the same manner as an RPG.

Nah, it's more like a chatroom where everyone liked talking about RPGs, someone said "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to play dice games here?", and then the guy that ran the site got someone to code us a dicebot just so we could play dice games in the chatroom.

Then after eight years of playing dice games in the chatroom, the owner sold the site to a Japanese con artist who brought in a new mod that hates dice games.

Now when you connect to the chatroom you get two server messages:

>HOW TO ROLL DICE

>DICE GAMES ARE BANNED

>Come back, lego user, we miss you.
>I wonder what happened to lego quest dude, he was a baller.

That is Lego Quest, user. It still runs on /qst/, but you can't be blamed for not knowing that, because like everyone else on Veeky Forums, you don't want to spend your free time browsing a board full of stuff you're not interested in just in case you see a single thread that you like.

I'm not even mad.