EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"The God of All Gods is a 6/6" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What so you think of the spoilers so far? Convinced you to try any of the new decks?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rith-devour/
mtggoldfish.com/deck/660848#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akirithrasios-wip/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cutting is the hardest part of brewing

"Choose a nonland permanent you don't control" and while the other players can, it's not ensured they will choose something I control so all my nonland permanents can be wiped if I don't negotiate.

It's only 100 card cals you fatass. All you have to do is not put sugar or carbs in your deck

I like the equipment side of cats so far, which has almost convinced me to get it. Almost.

>thread question
Dragons looks like would be my first bet despite 1-me liking wizards and Grixis even more and 2- the new dragons (excluding the commanders) being kinda small CMC-wise when I like huge dragons and shit.

Go away Veeky Forums let me at least have carbs in my damn decks!

Is Tazri still the best 5c commander?

Onee-chan, d-did I get a little bit...chubby?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rith-devour/

Pick up your copies now while you can locust friends

>Thread Question

Probably going to go for Wizards and Dragons. I can pick up Mirri as a single and probably any interesting vamps.

>What so you think of the spoilers so far? Convinced you to try any of the new decks?

I've had them preordered since they went up a few days ago, and I'm alright with what's been shown off so far. I was planning on making Jund Dragons eventually so Wasitora is a good substitute for Karrthus. Cats is looking to have some good staxy stuff which I can use for GW Selvala. Depending on how the Wizards and Vampires deck go I might cancel the preorder and just grab only one of the other decks. Vampires would be alright if it had a good Boros legend or some lifegain-related stuff for my Karlov deck but if not I'll probably pass on it in favor of the Wizards one.

Hopefully next year we'll get monocolor partners.

lets give everyone except YOU token

I'll probably get vamps. Mardu is one of my favorite color combos and I was probably going to build them at somepoint anyways, granted with Marchesa 1.0 at the helm.

>What so you think of the spoilers so far? Convinced you to try any of the new decks?
Considering Smith-cat. Not sure of any of the equipment-centric staples though so, I've been doing research.

mtggoldfish.com/deck/660848#paper
zada is fun.
fun!

Well this might push me to final build Zedruu.

Please stop spoilering links dude, makes life hard for phoneposters

fuck phones

>makes life hard for phoneposters
Is that supposed to matter?

This works right?

Would be some premium jank to pull off.

What are the benefits of doing it though?

>literal meme card

Who should I run for my Goodstuff.dec? I want to do something tricolored, and no definitive win condition, just a lot of amswers, responses, and winning through sheer Jank.

this combo is so retarded it might actually work

Wait, is this only going to be in the dragon deck? This seems like something spell slinging wizards would love, but if they're Grixis wizards they aren't getting it.

it's going to be in the cats__ deck

look at the cardnumbers

Looks like it. The only deck with both U and W is the dragon deck.

I want you to look at my deck and give me advice

>Azorius colors
>IT'S GOING IN THE CATS DECK

/edh/ everyone.

Don't throw me in with him, I gave a reasonable answer.

Take out 2 lands and put more card draw

You don't even make goblin tokens, maybe drop Voracious Dragon?

Don't cut lands like said, but do add card draw.

Taigam will like this.

Finally, the card that lets me do the Leveler thing I've always wanted to.

the tokens your opponents get won't count towards zedruu's upkeep count.

Forgot my pic, though I guess everyone knows what it does.

OH SHIT. SHIT. OH MAN. It also works as a Time Warp on steroids with Eater of Days right???

>let my friend look through my binder for a new commander
>I recommend Ruric Thar or Vela the nightclad
>He picks medomni
Shit, how do I help him build something good with that pile of jank? Just unblockable control shenanagians?

Oh Jesus. Man, this is going to be the Gwafa deck I've always wanted to build

>sorcery
Great, another card that punishes people for slowly building up their board instead of pulling off some gay infinite

Identity thief or Mimic Vat

How do we fix infect?

y

i need some help, boys

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akirithrasios-wip/

What is needed to fix? It is perfectly fine as it is.

We don't. Infect is fine as it is. The only troublesome part of infect is that it applies to noncombat damage.

I know, but giving Zedruu's "presents" to every opponent is pretty good.

This card is absolutely bananas

No one EVER running an infect deck with an infect commander has ever won a game without a game winning triumph of the hordes or tainted strike.

If it was instant, would it punish people less for building up a board?

>not dropping grafted exoskeleton on your hidetsugu
Not as it is, but being instant would probably also increase its mana cost.

Wait, isn't this the card from Kamigawa that they made into a boardwipe spell specifically because flavorwise he'd be too powerful as a creature?

Yes

>Paying 6 mana for a sorcery speed equipment
Fair enough, but if you do that you've earned it.

I don't think it works that way.
You'll play eater of days and lose two turns, then give one to each opponents and they'll all lose 2 turns. In the end it won't do anything except give your opponent a giant creature.

My meta isn't hermit druid combos, so I can afford it

That's dumb. It seems really underwhelming for a needing 6 mana.

True that

You don't say, I almost thought it was a great card.

Well you obviously stifle the ETB, else Leveler also would just exile all libraries.

What can I add in Naya? Is sylvan library good card draw?

????

Which is still ok, since your opponents all die on their upkeep if they make you draw cards at instant speed.

Well, bust out the god combo then:
>Grafted exoskeleton on mirrorwood treefolk
>Cast blasphemous act
>Redirect damage to Target player you hate the most

*can't make you

Boros Reckoner/Spitemare m8y

You could just drop it on Boros Reckoner and spare the boatload of mana

Yes

Yes, but how does that kill someone with a poisonous tree?

>it ain't me starts playing

RIP boardstate

Twincast the radiate.

Bad card but probably makes some fun situations which I guess is the point.

With a Greater Auramancy & Annointed Procession

Ramos is broken beyond belief, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him overtake her for the spot

>Putting a goat on a card
>Doesn't make goat tokens

I am disappointed.

And Purphoros and Panharmonicon.

I think its quite clever actually.

its representing that a player picked a goat token

Super flavorful though. It feels like it wanted to just boardwipe every time but oh well.
>YOU DISHONORU ME, I DISHONORU YO HORU FAMIRY

Act+Repercussion does it usually.

Is he really broken beyond belief? Tazri isn't even a good she just happens to work as a combo piece and has 5 colors in her identity. I feel like Ramos' thing that says his ability can only work once per turn prevents him from being a broken combo piece

Or do you think door to nothingness is gonna become tier?

The ability seems like a lot of fun, but a 4/3 is nothing in the world of Commander. *sigh*

its only 2 mana to return it to the battlefield, I feel like there has to be someway to combo it

a 4 power flyer that's tough to permanently kill is nothing to sneeze at even in commander tbqh. Not great though.

It's not nothing in a dragon tribal deck, because it's going to be triggering all your dragon tribal stuff and receiving anthems and such

It's been cucked by Novablast wurm, fucking Wizards turning the "oh fuck" Kami of all Kamis into a retarded 6/6 for 6 with a mediocre ability.

4/3 is pretty small for a beater, but being able to constantly trigger dragon's tempest when your other dragons die isn't a bad thing.

Still, it feels like the retarded cousin of Scourge of Nel Toth.

1b makes it hard to combo with. If it were b or 2 it'd be obviously easy but yeah. I'm sure this was intentional.

Any combo you can do with it you could probably do better with Reassembling Skeleton.

>Thread Question
Spoiler have been okay, but now that we're past Cats and Dragons, I'm not sure how much I want to see the rest. As bad as its gonna be, I'm building this guy and I will take pride in my retardedly stompy Dragon Tribal nonsense.

The kinda cheap cost to return it is the best part about it.

The worst parts are that it's just a 4/3 do-nothing on board and it's quite specific requirement to return it.

Kinda efficient, quite presistent but not too abusable. In many cases I'd rather play Tenacious Dead for the rather similar effect and that card ain't great.

>What so you think of the spoilers so far?
uncounterablespells.azorius.deck cant wait

>n many cases I'd rather play Tenacious Dead for the rather similar effect
It's very nearly same effect, except Tenacious dead isn't worth its mana cost in the hand whereas this guy is and also the dragon isn't tapped and you have multiple chances to bring it back if you can't or don't want to pay the cost the first time you get a chance AND ALSO it's a zombie. Don't be obtuse. This card isn't great unless your meta is really just all dumb midrangey creature decks where you win mostly by hitting each other after three hours but you wouldn't rather play Tenacious Dead over it.

Pretty bad, I don't see this ending with the caster retaining any (nonland) permanents outside of mindslaver-quicken shenanigans. Your opponents are going to help each other long before giving anything to the one who blew up everything.

Cats are autistic

Tenacious dead is 100% easier to recur, is clampable and isn't locked to tribal support.

This thing isn't even worth mentioning in the same sentence as bloodghast or reassembling skeleton, it's just shit and an easy cut from the dragon deck along with that abortion of a 4 mana 6/5.

It's horrible but they like to make this dumb political cards where actually you're losing when you cast it in a vacuum so there's a lot of reliance on trying to talk with people. It's like that two players switch turns black spell last set where 90% of the time with no other factors there's no reason those players shouldn't throw all their cards at you for fucking with them.

I hope there's more dragon toys for Kaalia. I might just be shit with deck building, but the dragon portion is the weakest of the 3 in my opinion.

Being locked to tribal support is the only reason at all tenacious dead is easier to recur in nay situation so those two are the same criticism, and yes it's clampable sure.