Sphinx's Riddle

The Sphinx speaks smoothly as like honey is dripping from her voice, as she waves her front paw making three barrels of colored stones appear in front of your group. The first is full of yellow sandstones, the second is full of blue marbles. The last brown agate .

"Evil am I. Evil, as so to die not sane."
"Menace I lay. A stab mocks. I revolt."
" No din is still. I kidnap and I kill. It's sin I don't love."
" Risk combat. Say a lie. Cane men."
"A stone I do toss! Alive, I'm alive."

There is a slight pause before she speaks again.
"Arrange six stones in front of me, then I shall give you the information you crave"

>Riddle Thread
Is this too tough for a normal group of players? I got more easier ones. Some almost fail-proof.
>inb4 attack her while shes speaking!
>inb4 can I get a knowledge check. Will throw out a hint if someone can roll a 16+ on a d20

yellow, blue, brown, brown, blue, yellow

A Human

If the Sphinx looks like that, I'd solve all her riddles.
Help her scratch that riddle itch and satisfy her.

I have no idea what the answer to that riddle is, but I'd smash.

that was quick welldone user! Have a fate point!
im proud of you.

I arrange the six stones in the shape of a dick, then wink and give her the finger guns.

I arrange the stones.
She didn't say they had to be arranged in a particular order.

Can you guys share the solution with the rest of the class? I see the entire riddle is a palindrome, I think, bu other than that I got nothing.

It probably would have taken me a lot longer to get if it was spoken, not written down.

The stones too would need to be arranged in a palindrome fashion

maybe I should hand it out to the players after I speak it?

-------------------

The next puzzle comes quick and fast. The tongue almost tripping over her lips. Her eyes grow wide and dark.

"It hungers on your heels"
"Following Following."
"It can not travel on water, but is shown by it"
"Moments old, it can be lost in days or survival for millennia"
"Its numbers grow the more you flee"

Panting she waits for your answer .

You can find 'sand' in the letters of the first and the last sentence and nothing else. You can find 'marble' in the second and the fourth. I wouldn't guess with agate though.

Footsteps

I'd say memories, but I'm really bad at this kind of thing.

Zombies

sandstone
marble
sandstone
agate
sandstone
>pick up a random stone on the ground and set it next to the other five

So any sequence would do, as long as it was a palindrome?

You should be able to figure this one out.

That is some truly terribly writing.

Is it brass knuckles?

A shudder tingles down her spine as you speak those words. Correctly she purrs, it echos though each of your chests and flows throughout your bodies, reaching the very tips.

Taking a moment to regain her composure she speaks again with trembling words.

"Their skin hold only a few hairs on their folds."
"They do their best to protect you from the dirt and grim of this world."
"They hold you in the dark, and shield you from the light"
"But their bindings blind you. Only by their release do you realize the truth"

Hair tails swishes to and fro eager to taste your next answer.

Eyelids.

Eyelids?

>spoken riddle depends on the written representation to make sense
It's shit and there's a good possibility that you're either autistic or genuinely clueless.

I wink at her. When she doesn't respond (because I failed the seduction roll), I sigh and say "Eyelids."

>"What rises without legs, whispers without a voice, bites without teeth, and dies without ever having life?"

Sphinxes are fun. I wish I was better at riddles so I could run them more in games.

Guess that one was too easy.

Lets go with clueless, as im testing them out to see what people think. Its true that it may be weak for that very reason and I can drop it, though I bet your massive fun at parties.

-----------------
She winks back, passing her seduction roll, before belting out an old but somewhat raunchy one.
"Swings by his thigh a thing most magical!
Below the belt, beneath the folds
of his clothes it hangs, a hole in its front end,
stiff-set and stout, but swivels about.

Leveling the head of this hanging instrument,
its wielder hoists his hem above the knee:
it is his will to fill a well-known hole
that it fits fully when at full length.

He has often filled it before. Now he fills it again."

Her wings flap gentle, fanning herself, keeping her body cool.

The Wind

Excellent! Well played indeed.
Now another.

>The man who made me does not want me, the man who bought me does not need me, and the man who needs me does not know it. What am I?

A grave, coffin, crypt

Are you just reposting well known riddles? Its a гpoб

A tranquilizer

Clever.

>I have cities, but no houses; forests, but no trees; water but no fish; oceans, but no ships. What am I?

*unzips*

A Map?

Well done indeed. You have answered my riddles three, so I will grant you one boon.

What do you wish?

Sphinx Pussy.

A hotter Sphinx

I've got the key if you have the keyhole.

I wish for you to be my girlfriend forever. Haha, not like that would actually work

Damn, you posted the image I was going to. Guess I'll just have to post this.

She's an "ambassador"

Tell me dear adventures,

>What is so fragile is breaks when its name is spoken?

silence

Silence

silence

Tension

Good boys

Pulling herself to her full height she paces around your group. Her black wild eyes fixed on yours.
"I make him wait, at the bottom of his shaft, red and soft rather then crisp "
"With a few turns of my paws I can remove his cap. But I must wait"
"Breathing , Breathing."
" I must understand to anticipate"
" I let him linger a moment, his scent reaching the inner mostness of my soul"
"I tend to forget his fathers love of his mothers feet, for it may sour his taste"

If im running. I would want first posters answer as that was the order of the barrels. However if they get the pattern I think I would let it pass 1,2,3,3,2,1

>The stones too would need to be arranged in a palindrome fashion
How do you arrange stones in a palindrome? Just put them in a line? That's the same looked at forwards or backwards, would that count?

Yep.

It's really crazy how bad some RPG players are at writing.

Well, it's quite a famous poam

>speaks smoothly as like

I instead ask the sphinx why she's black when the ancient egyptians weren't.

vine?

wine?

we built an entire containment thread for people like you

>>/pol/

1. That's not a thread.

2. It's a legitimate concern. What, is it racist to point out reality at this point? I think it's hilarious when artists treat a Semitic nation like they're black when all evidence shows otherwise.

Yep! It's 3 am now and can't think of anymore right now. Any others feel free to throw them out.
Also out of the ones I, other someone else, has said. What ones did you think worked the best.

>Arrange six stones in front of me, then I shall give you the information you crave"

I put down any six stones, she never says there must be any order to the stones.

Meet your new brother

Hello brother?

>What, is it racist to point out reality at this point?

1. I'm sorry to break it to you but sphinxes aren't real

2. nigga its 1 (one) imaginary creature with black skin. not a statement from the author that the entirety of the ancient Egyptian people where black.

3. YOU might be surprised to know there's black people in Africa. you think some Pharaoh built a big wall to keep them out or something?

1. It's a creature with a human half. It'd normally look like the people who invented the creature.

2. I find that it's actually pretty common for people to draw them that way thinking Egyptians were black.

3. Not in any great numbers. All our genetics testing shows that their presence, or at least genetic impact, was negligible, and our only mummies who ended up being racially black were from in and around the 25th dynasty, no surprise.

To clarify, I mean the presence in Egypt. North Africa is a very different place than Sub-Saharan Africa.

Chill guys. It's a riddle thread. Relax
Try this one
"What part of the bird cannot touch the sky?"

I dunno, its gizzard?

It's shadow

I am a type of horse, of which there are thirty on a red hill. I champ, I stamp, and I stand still.
Remember, I said I'm a type of horse, meaning any answer that isn't a horse will obviously not fit all the infomation given.

The answer is teeeth. I was lying about being a type of horse. You were supposed to just read my mind and guess that some parts of the riddle aren't constraints for the correct answer.

Found the fighter

1. its fucking imaginary it could be any god damn colour you imagine it to be

2. you have to be an idiot to to reason that; because some people think that all Egyptians where black you can assume anybody who draws anything Egypt related but with black must be of this presumption, witch is in it self a presumption.

3. eh sand niggers are still just a flavour of niggers.

4. take your race bating ass back to your echo chamber this is a riddle thread.

now riddle me this: how many cocks can you fit in your mouth?

1. Within a cultural context, one is more likely.

2. It's a logical one, though. That would be their most likely motivation.

3. They're not.

4. Don't call be a race baiter right after you said 'sand nigger', you hypocritical idiot.

2D6 dick?

1. I'm imagining one hundred coal-black male sphinxes running a train on your mother, how likely is that?
>what is artistic licence

2. so you are an idiot.

3.im laughing at you. when you said "our" you implied that you are a Egyptian. which is why I assume you are but-blasted about people thinking that the ancient Egyptians where black

4.you cant go throwing shit around and then get upset when you get shat on, brown person.

I for one quite enjoy the concept of a Sphinx that gets more hot and bothered the more riddles you solve. Especially one like in the OP that's bigger than a large hill

senpai you're basically just throwing insults by now. And someone acting like you trying to tell me to go to /pol/ is kinda the icing on that. See ya, user.

good. I did ask you to leave.

I was expecting more sphinx pictures when I opened the thread.