Gone Horribly Right/Newbies

>My turn to GM
>Issue Challenge to players: Play a team of literary or animated villains in a new setting
>They choose Pathfinder. Not exactly the farthest stretch, but they had the books.
>Okay, smart guys, how you gonna make this work? Hard Mode: Attempt to become the heroes of the story, despite flaws.
> Inquisitor Frollo, Ranger Clayton, Paladin Gaston with La Foole as packmule npc/bard
>1a. Frollo and Gaston make French jokes at the expense of anglo Clayton
>1b. Frollo and Clayton make Noble jokes at the expense of village hick Gaston
>1c. Clayton and Gaston make Trophy Hunter/Outdoorsie jokes at the expense of urban scrub Frollo.
>2. Dang it, they've already got a perfect circle of background/witty banter lined up.
>3. Gaston-player even took the time to make LaFoole using mostly npc-classes; he never bothers reading the rules usually. I can't punish him for actually getting invested in mechanics, can I?
>I try suggesting Dark Heresy or 13th Age instead; I had those books as pdfs. "Nope, here, have PathfinderSRD".
>They've laid the groundwork, got me the rules, and actually 'made' character-alikes that aren't completely antagonistic to each other
>Just as I'm about to get started, Player Four Arrives, asking if he can join.

My three regular jokers are finally getting coordinated, rule-savvy, and seem to have gotten over their usual pickering/That Guying to play something that actually seems fun. Problem is, they weren't counting on Player Four showing up.

I want to allow Player Four, but have him follow the same guideline I set beforehand. I'm torn between rewarding them for actually taking the time to think things out and have made their characters.... but I also want to mess with them so that I can maintain control of things rather than watch any plot I make get rektd too easily.
A) Any suggestions for Player Four?
B) What is best in life, to see actual Jolly Cooperation or hear the lamentations of their failing?

Other urls found in this thread:

5esrd.com/
media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_RevisedRanger.pdf
astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Artificer (UA),
kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder
jeftoon01.deviantart.com/gallery/11344500/Twisted-Princess
dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Archetypes
dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?src=hottest_filtered&filters=0_0_0_0_0_45462_0_0
dmsguild.com/product/175606/Order-of-the-Lycan-for-Blood-Hunters?src=also_purchased&filters=0_0_0_0_0_45462_0_0
astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Ranger (Revised),
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-RudZv_YQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Pathfinder
Couldn't they be persuaded to play 5e instead?

OP here.
Sure they could... if anyone sent me the rules. My budget for new books is ash and couch-change until mid-September.
If there's an SRD for 5e, you people can save me from having to actually read Pathfinder.... though it would mean Gaston-user would have to remake his npc-follower.
Meh, I could do that for him, it's just he actually fricking read the Pathfinder rules enough to make his own sheet (a god-damned first; usually Frollo-user makes his character for him, hence the fricking titlecard pic)

OP again.
Jesus, I'm lazy.
5esrd.com/
Yes, they could play 5e. Why? Is it better for the players? Or for me, the GM?

OP: the last.
Yes, they are changing to 5e. Doesn't change the setting much, but Gaston-user is disappoint.
>Him: "Does that mean I have to read new rules."
>Frollo-user. "No, Player Two; it means we 'get' to read new rules."
Apparently Frollo-user wanted to do this, but Clayton suggested Pathfinder first and printed sheets.
So now they need new sheets.... and I need new printer ink. Great.

5e is better than Pathfinder for a plethora of reasons that have been expounded upon elsewhere. Its major failing as compared to Pathfinder is that there aren't quite as many player options, but on the other hand that's a feature, not a bug, as it makes the game as a whole far more balanced.

Clayton-user can still be a Ranger, by the way, but I and probably everyone else on Veeky Forums will HIGHLY recommend that you allow, and he used, the Unearthed Arcana Revised Ranger, which is basically going to eventually replace the Player's Handbook core ranger as the PHB Ranger is aggressively bad (but is the only core class to be so)

media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_RevisedRanger.pdf

>Yes, they could play 5e. Why? Is it better for the players? Or for me, the GM?
Both.

SRD is not enough (it barely has any of the content in it), you should download the full handbook. It's in 5eg.
You should also make use of this
astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Artificer (UA),

>A) Any suggestions for Player Four?

Not female, unless it's Ursula or some shit. Seriously, you got Gaston and Frollo. There is no way dropping a desirable woman between those two men ends well.

This party needs a spellcaster.

>There is no way dropping a desirable woman between those two men ends well.

It's about the journey, not the destination. Besides, Disney's got plenty of options that Gaston and Frollo wouldn't necessarily quest after. And their party does lack a mage...

>media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_RevisedRanger.pdf
The ranger link worked. And saved. But the 5eg is down. Artificer saved.
>Pathfinder pics: wtf
>5e pics: Darkest Dungeon
I can see I almost made a terrible mistake.jpg

Keep in mind that there's not only artificer there. Every class and archetype, every single spell, monster, magic item, it's basically 5e catalogued.
>I can see I almost made a terrible mistake.jpg
That's only the playerbase. Wait until you see the rules, who made them and with what in mind.
Here, let me drop some pics.

Oh, one more thing, one more thing. There are plenty of differences between Pathfinder and 5e when it comes to rules, but one in particular is likely to confuse your players.
In Pathfinder, archetypes are something you sacrifice your class features for. You exchange your abilities for some other abilities. In 5e, it's the opposite - archetype is mandatory to pick, and you get it's features for free. Not understanding it is a common mistake people who played Pathfinder first make.

What the 5eg failed to deliver, torrent and onion accomplished.
OP: The Undying
>A fallen holy man and two hunters, struggling for the Light and for unrequited love in a world turned cruel and horrid with heresy, corruption, eldritch magic, and savagery. Let the darkness begin.
Also, Player Four is in a toss-up between Jafar wizard, Dr. Facilier occultist/sorceror, or Hans rogue/bard. He also seems to want to be my mole, should I need one. With all of them being a mix of martial and spellweaving, this could be interesting. Will update with final choice/lurk for more advice.

PCs on levels 1-3 are very squishy, and die easily to goblins. This is why they should get through level 1 very fast, after a single extremely forgiving combat, and ideally they should reach level 3 at the end of the second session. Level 3 is not only the level you can finally stop pulling punches at, but also when majority of classes get their archetype and finally become big boys.

Many DMs prefer to start on level 3 right away, but I advise against it, since you and your players are obviously new to this. No need to complicate it.

kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder
By the way, this builds encounter for you.

What did all this rain come from?

Out of curiosity, and just to indulge Sean K Reynolds, I am now going to Google how long it takes to make a suit of full plate armor (DC 19 craft check).

Google says "a few months", so we'll take that to mean 3 months. This seems about right, given the skill needed and the fact that most suits of plate armor were custom-made for the wearer, not bought off a rack; nor were they produced en masse in a factory, but rather by one armorsmith and his apprentices.

A level 3 expert could probably have a +15 to craft checks (+2 ability, +3 ranks, +3 trained, +3 skill focus, +2 another feat, +2 aid another from apprentice), and so could complete the full plate in about 31 weeks, or 7 months.

So...yeah, Pathfinder characters are kind of not very good at their jobs.

(interestingly, if you were to use the item's price in ELECTRUM (1 gp = 5 ep) rather than silver for crafting, then the plate armor would be finished in about 15 weeks, or just under 4 months, which seems far closer to reality. Would that fix work out elsewhere, I wonder?)

This is why in 5e I refer to archetypes as "kits" or "subclasses" instead. Although mostly "kits". I'm oldskool like that, dawg.

When I GM I start at level 2, I think OP should too.
Decent HP, actually have usable class features, and with some tough combat they can be level 3 in time for session 2.

It's ok user, it's ok.

I legitimately enjoy playing PF and even I get sad sometimes. Don't worry about it.

Don't worry about the kitsune pics, either. People are pretty sure that's one guy dumping his anime folder to post new threads on page 4/6/7/anything sooner than 10.

What you REALLY need to watch out for in /pfg/ is the celebrity drama.

>People are pretty sure that's one guy dumping his anime folder
Can you stop with denial? Your whole threads are nothing but weebshit, furfaggory, waifufaggotry, "lewd" games that are actually simply ERP and other garbage.

>denial

I'm only repeating what I've been told. If someone's in denial, it's way up the telephone line.

>ERP

Wouldn't that fall under "celebrity drama" since that's what they're always on about?

>weeb
Is that a real complaint on a Tuvan throat-singing website?

>furry
Not sure if 2006 or that guy who always reees in Khajiit threads. Either way, "yiff in hell" is an ancient, dead meme and there are much more obnoxious targets these days.

I WHOLEHEARTDLY AGREE THIS PARTY NEEDS A JAFAR

See, this is why nobody likes you.

>stop living in denial

Humans need delusions to exist, lest they realize that their existences are pointless and end themselves.

OP: Whitewalker
>A new challenger arrives.
>Four now settling into Jafar. Okay, sure.
>Then GF of Clayton-user shows up.
>Saw the thread, in particular
>wants in now.
Five. Five players. I think I can do five. God help me.
>Wants to know if the genders of the literary characters is fixed or not.
>Clayton-user tells her that she's not playing the actual Disney villain, just something strongly based by it, looks at me with what resembles puppy-dog eyes.
>GF/Potential Player five shows me pic related.

Allow/disallow? I'm guessing barbarian.

No one should ever indulge Sean K Reynolds.
That dude's a cunt.

I'm not sure what "this" is, to be honest. I don't even know where this thread, or this conversation, or anything at all is going. For all I know, you and I are agreeing on something in another thread right now.

All I know is thread celebrity arguments are worse for a general and for a board than any of those other things.

Why not? I mean, Shen Yu wasn't a particularily memorable villain, but you already have Clayton in your group.
Barbarian could be it, but also ranger, if she wants to emphasize the hawk pet.

Eh...he did once defend the status of the girdle of masculinity/femininity as a cursed item, so he can't be all bad

(The arguments against went something like "It's 201X, the LGBTQ revolution is happening, why is the girdle still a cursed item?" and he responded with something to the effect of "1) because you don't get a choice, and 2) because the item tries to trick you into thinking it's some other kind of magic belt. Therefore it's a cursed item")

>pic from tumblr
Are you sure about this? Could be a bad sign.

You can tell when he's toeing the company line and when he's not, methinks.

>t's 201X

Sometimes tumblr pics are just what pops up when you're doing a Google search, dude.

>201X
>not 20XX

OP: Revenant
Yeah, she wants the hawk.
>Gaston-user has halfling follower 'squire/packmule'
>Clayton-user comtemplating opting out of ranger in favor of either trapmaking long-range Rogue or Fighter
>Player Four now Jafar/Jafar-Fem? with Iago as familiar/spirit possessed parrot
>Player Five now Ranger with HawkBrah, high-fiving Player Four on Bird Friends
>Frollo-user rolls eyes, names black horse he intends to ride Alliard or Phoebus "since we're doing the pet thing now."
>Clayton-user quietly hands me note saying thanks and offering to buy snacks for first session.
>He's actually bringing snacks? Since when does that happen?

So apparently me being DM makes things run smoother, thanks to Veeky Forums. Is this that Kek-god-thing I hear so much about?

Your digits say yes.

yiff in hell Furfag.

I can also appreciate how fast he turned around on a lot of the company line stuff as soon as he was let go. I think it turned out most of the stuff that gets typically pinned on SKR was actually Jason Bulmahn using him as a scapegoat/mouthpiece.

There's a free fighter archetype that works pretty well if your Clayton player wants to be a gunslinger. It's on DM's guild and would make the character a dex/wis/con fighter maybe int above con if you have him inventing.

I just want to say, I whole heartedly approve of everything this game is shaping up to be.

Incoming prototype map I made using oldschool Inkarnate.
Warning: I am shit at maps.
Bonus points for whomever can guess where I got the names of places from.
Me too. You guys are the best.

>oldschool Inkarnate
Is this a different version than the web based one?

Same one; I tried editting this one, which I made six months ago just putzing around, and the website just locked up on me. I can't change it.

I can make another one, though.

Dark souls.

If you're interested in the gunslinger archetype I can post a pdf and talk you through it. Fair warning that it can destroy things when it novas if the player is at all lucky.

Well, the map seems to cover all the basics, though of course a map is just a map.

Personally for my next campaign I'm seriously considering just using pic.

That would be lovely, thanks.
If none of them are interested, maybe I can use it for the BBEG, though I should probably go with Evil Wizard/Cleric. Maybe as an optional boss?
That does look like it would cover things, but I feel like if I don't put some effort into the map, they'll think I'm just dialing in Standard Fantasy Expy #1 here. I don't need to break every trope, but a few here and there won't hurt.
>pic.

Given that your characters are all based on Disney villains, the actual logical thing to do for a villain is some kind of singing Bard or Druid princess with a veritable army of animal companions and a host of potential suitors to serve as lieutenants.

A guy on Deviantart did a series of "Twisted Princess" pieces that could be inspirational.

jeftoon01.deviantart.com/gallery/11344500/Twisted-Princess

He has some "backgrounds" for some of them, but I mostly ignore those and prefer to come up with my own scenarios.

Personal favorite is pic.

I'm not sure how well it would work for a boss as ranged attacks get disadvantage with an enemy adjacent under most circumstances. Of course I do have a few ideas of what you could do for enemies given that your players are Disney villains. There's two other PDFs for stuff by the same guy that made this one for a class he designed himself. The class works off of the idea that the character alters their own being for power so you could easily make Quasimodo (mutant blood hunter) or Beast (lycan bloodhunter) that would otherwise be a bit tough.

The Disney thing wasn't originally mandatory; the first three players just all picked Disney villains when they got back to me.
That being said,
>Jafar-user seems to want pic-related be a part of his backstory; he and princess were originally in-cahoots slowly poisoning sultan. Unfortunately, one of them (probably princess) 'accidentally' upped the dose too fast. Blamed 'suspicious death' on vizier, exiled/fled for his life. Now, his over-arching goal is to 'convince' the other PCs to aid him in quietly overthrowing the princess..... somehow. Mostly, he's in hiding..

That being said:
>P1: Gaston-user Paladin, Folk Hero, Oath of Protection archetype. Childhood Love/Intended kidnapped by fae/horrid shifter-thing, accompanied by retainer/squire on a hunt.90% Gaston, 10% Robert Baratheon during Robert's Rebellion.

>P2: Frollo-user, Cleric of the Hallowed Dawn, Inquisitor, Fire Domain archetype, dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Archetypes . Once an annointed member of the Church of the Hallowed Dawn, watched his town burned to death by crazed occultist travellers. Carries an ever-smoldering torch, ready to blaze forth, to return the favor. 90% Frollo, 10% Stannis Baratheon, or so he claims.

>P3: Clayton-user Rogue, Noble, Bounter-Hunter archetype. Big Game hunter, minimal tragic backstory, 'in it for the thrill of chasing the most dangerous game of all'.

>P4: Jafar-user Wizard, Vizier/Outlander, Fiendish Tradition archetype 'consorting with Djinn'. May advise Warlock-Genie archetype. Banished vizier and conjurer, djinn-consorter and vile diabolist/would-be sultan obsessed with revenge.

>P5: Shan Yu-chan Ranger, Outlander, Beastmaster-Constant-Falcon archetype.Miminal tragic backstory.... at least for her. Probably a mercenary in-league with Clayton-user. BF/GF Battle Couple

>both 3 and 5 have been warned I Fade To Black, Always.

Dubs don't lie my friend

>Malificent
>Not attractive enough to lust over
The only real issue if that power wise, she could roll the other three with one hand tired behind her back. There's also the evil queen, who based on feats is probably more of an alchemist w/ starting magic item than an actual caster

As far as suggestions for player four go, he'd be a fool not to have pic related as a cleric.

I'm no expert, but just taking a quick glance over - your rivers, mountains and biomes all look just fine, nothing egregiously bizarre or unrealistic. That alone makes it better than 90% of amateur mapmakers.

>crossbows
>completely inferior to normal longbows

I mean: she could play something that is not a barbarian and still get a hawk pet. Doesn't mean that it will help her in any way, shape or form if she plays another class that isn't a ranger with beast companion.

A bard, as other anons already stated, would probably round out the group incredibly well. Although she would have to play an Urula kind of character in order to avoid Gaston hitting on her and things.

Astranauta.github.io

5e is much easier to run, and has a lot less fiddly tracking, and has better balanced classes and fewer trap options.

On the other hand, you have way less flexibility of character build to make exactly what you want to play. It's less like a free form point buy system with levels, and more like 2e with kits, plus 3e style multiclassing rules.

Pfg is only representative of the people who make pathfinder generals on Veeky Forums. There's a couple guys who hop on making general threats before anyone else and being up their fetish bait.

The 5eg discord is the same thing, but worth far more homoerotic erp. You're absolutely right that's what pfg is like. It used to be more on topic, but it eventually got so bad that I refused to go there to talk about pathfinder, even though I actively played it, and just went to gitp instead.

>dandwiki
Shit, nigger, what are you doing. NEVER use dandwiki. Is Light domain not enough?

>Gaston-user
Gastanon.

Also trips.

>Fiendish Tradition
Wha-a-a-a..?
>Beastmaster
I really hope you mean Beast Conclave.

D and wiki is the worst homebrew website I've ever seen.

Unless you regularly print colour photos, get a laser printer. You'll save money in the long run.

You will save a fortune if you use a laser printer.

Even color ones can be gotten for like $200 now.

Ink jet is a shell game to scam you out of money.

Druid who wildshapes into a lion, envious of his older brother. Has that posh, snobbish way of speaking

>cleric
>not warlock

It's like you don't even have friends on the other side

I fucking hate how there are people in this world that think magic users are exempt from the rules of normal reality, and martials aren't.

It shouldn't be Merlin as compared to Doug from down the street. It should be Merlin as compared to fucking Hercules. Yes, Hercules should be able to do some crazy shit that is not "realistic", but that is what the quintessential max level fighter should be like.

I have INCREDIBLE difficulty understanding the perspective of people who think that, in a world of fantasy and magic, only the people who directly harness it should benefit from the fantasy aspects. What's to say there isn't some magic imbued in that fighter's fucking muscles, soaked in there from years of honing and effort?

I don't remember Facilier being an eldritch blast turret, and that's all warlock is in 5e.

Meme magic is strong in this post.

You got a lot of good invocations that help with the feel.

We never really see him fight, as it were, anyway.

>You got a lot of good invocations that help with the feel.
If you know nothing about 5e, just say it, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Gothel is totally a Bard diplomancer w/ lich.

Urban(ish), Noble, Non-French, Spellcaster

He's not the best fit, but he's not terrible either

>tfw when didn't read the thread.
Seems to be going okay for OP though

I'll talk this over with Frollanon. I think he's letting that Hellfire song and his love of Stannnis as the one true king of Westeros push him toward Fire. Light makes more sense, at least initially.
Really? Shit, I'm sorry guys. I mean, they already made their sheets, again, from Pathfinder to 5e using that thing. Making them do it again-again would seem kinda schizophrenic at this point.
Please explain the advantages of this,or did P5 just make a terrible mistake?

dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?src=hottest_filtered&filters=0_0_0_0_0_45462_0_0

So I decided to try to make Quasimodo as villain with a straight bloodhunter build.

1: Rite of the Storm
2: Archery Fighting style, blood curse of mutual suffering
3: Celerity, aether, mobility
4: Sharpshooter
6: Rite of the Frozen, blood curse of the fallen puppet
7: Rapidity
8: Crossbow expert
10: Blood curse of the eyeless
11: Rite of the Flame, nighteye
12: ASI
14: Rite of the Roar, blood curse of binding
15: Precision
16: ASI
18: Blood curse of purgation, reconstruction, permanent precision
19: ASI

I also made beast with this dmsguild.com/product/175606/Order-of-the-Lycan-for-Blood-Hunters?src=also_purchased&filters=0_0_0_0_0_45462_0_0

1: Rite of the flame
2: Great weapon fighting style, blood curse of the marked
4: GWM
6: Rite of the Frozen, blood curse of the fending rite
8: Savage attacker
10: Blood curse of mutual suffering
11: Rite of the storm
12: Mage slayer
14: Rite of the oracle, blood curse of spell sunder
16: ASI
18: Blood curse of binding
19: ASI

Beastmaster is a crappy archetype of ranger, Beast Conclave is a much better archetype of revised ranger that you've been linked.

>Light
Light domain IS fire domain. Look at the spells they get - burning hands, fireball, and so on. Maybe you shouldn't press your players to remake their characters AGAIN, but make it clear that they're using homebrew, potentially terribly unbalanced homebrew, and it's not a thing you'll be allowing in the future.

Also, this can't be said enough. NEVER use dandwiki, and don't let your players use dandwiki either.
NEVER.

Forge and light clerics would work better although I could see Frollo as a phoenix sorcerer

Getting rid of homebrew won't be that bad of a thing. D&Dwiki is cancer 99.9% of the time and an obvious joke the remaining .1%.

Player 5 made a horrible mistake, they're using the initial ranger release instead of the re-release which fixes the class. The original ranger was way below where they should be in terms of power and they corrected that with an unearthed arcana (basically playtesting stuff which may or may not get published but isn't official) which they allow into official play. You can find it here: astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Ranger (Revised),

Thanks.
Anyway, I guess I should put a few descriptions in for settings.
All of these are works in-progress so names might be changed around by the time I get to running this in about a week or two.
Starting from center-right, clockwise...

Lindelt: Used to be dragon-worshippers before The Lady and her Knights Aasimar put paid to that sort of thing. Now, strong autocracy and center of the Church of the Hallowed Dawn. Think HRE means Empire-WHF meets Bretonnia.

Jugo: Lindelt's frienemy to the south. Definitely Arabic motifs. The Church is strong here in terms of people's faith in it, but the clergy are weaker to ward off Lindelt's influence politically. Owns the Windhome, aka Desert and Dungeon, where men prove their strength or get rekt by bedouins and their djinn allies.

Mirrah: Franco-Italian kingdom with lots of intrigue and dueling in the capitol, less so on the fringes. Homeland of Gastanon and Frolanon. The Church is still here, though other, more insipid forces are also at play here, especially since the place is rife with merchants from Melfia and people fleeing from the catastrophe in Forossa.

Forrosa: Used to be a badass oligarchy-confederacy of warlords and beards, tribute coming from mercenary bands and the Mirrahnese. Then one of their number managed to get himself elected High King, built a keep up in the mountains, and supposedly woke something up there. In a fortnight, everything except a few villages along the river got swallowed up by Black Forest and angry spirits. Forossan mercenaries and traveller-bands are now everywhere on the continent being anywhere from useful and polite to bandits and renegade armies.... 'cause they're not going back there. Think lost city-dungeons, dark woods, and lots of occult/pagan happenings.

Melfia: City of traders, warm-water sailors, and harboring actual wizarding schools. Church is weak here. Influences range Greco-Arabic-Iranian. Probably Jafaranon's hometown,if not Jugo.

Lanafir: Afro-Ethiopian kingdom, main city actually built on top of an ancient bridge spanning a giant well. Sends out individual tradesmen to gather things, discourages outsiders visiting semi-forcefully. Probably one of the only places Forossan wanderers haven't thoroughly infiltrated.

Volgen and the Broken Hand: Blacksmiths, craftsmen, sailors. Anglo-influence in architecture with more Creole and African touches as you enter the Broken Hand. Church is neither strong nor weak, here; people are actually kinda open to anything provided it gives them an edge. Claytanon homeland.

Faerholdt: Remember that mess in Forossa? Now imagine somebody managed to put a lid on it just before things went critical mass. Sailors, Witchhunters, Merlin-level geomancers trying to keep the fae contained. Albion meets Changeling: The Lost.

Irythill: Norse-Russo Bros. Never heard of the Church. Old habits, old customs, still has draggos. Mild Undead problem, but fixable.... right?
The Blasted Heath: Volcanoes, pine forests meets steppes, mild habitation by individuals. Romania meets Steppes. Lindelt, Irythill, and Alonne like to think they own it, but truth be told flags are kinda pointless out here. Also, probably the source of the dragons. P5 homeland.

Alonne: Your isolated China/Japan expy here. Very mild Church influence coming in recently, mostly Spirit Courts and dragon-worship. Spends most of its time fighting Forossan bandits off and occasionally sending shapeshifting spies and Lone Swordsmen out.

P5 redid her sheet accordingly. No muss, no fuss. Says thanks for the tip.
Frolanon grumbled, then remembered that, being the smart RPG veteran he is, he did his sheet in pencil. So that took all of ten seconds.

The others made a Veeky Forums/Twitch Plays GM joke, but are otherwise onboard.
Jafaranon still wants to know why Fiendish Tradition is a bad idea.

I just found and read the archetype and it's just bad, like doesn't quite work bad. I'd suggest either pushing the player to build a fiend pact warlock, a draconic sorcerer, or a phoenix sorcerer as they're all similar concepts for the fiend wizard but better executions and they're closer to what Jafar would be. You could reframe any of those as being djinn.

Jafaranon has made the switch to draconic sorceror. Unfortunately, he wrote in pen, so now Frolanon is making a sheet for him out of graph-paper.

>Fiendish Tradition
Well, where the fuck did he get it from? Cause no arcana or official book has this Fiendish Tradition.

>Twitch Plays
Oh boy, brings back memories. My favourite was Emerald, by the way.

D&Dwiki, at least that's where I found it.
Just curious based on your description of the kingdoms, what's the tech level of various places?

Oh yeah.

>Tech Level
I'm tempted to early 1600s. Really, however far back I need to be when guns didn't have grooves, most people are more comfortable with bows if they're not in the military. One of the underlying themes of the game, as it continues to germinate here, is that humanity/dwarves were on the verge of developing the Scientific Theory/heliocentrism/whatever, and the Supernatural world is reacted Violently to it. Roads are becoming harder to travel, the odd village or two is being lost or becoming isolated, spies from other nations and the fae are going. The Outer Darkness is getting stronger. The fact that one of the countries, Forossa, fell to Sudden Black Foresting within the last 50-100 years is not making things better for anyone.

And somewhere, a man who had only been trying to look up in the night sky with lens in a tube has been found ripped to shreds by what appears to be giant wolf teeth.

In that case I'm surprised none of your players went for a gunslinger fighter or even a weaponsmith artificer. It would be especially interesting to have a player who operates off of science in a setting which abhors it.

Funny you should mention that.
Because Frolanon's kid brother (and by kid, I mean senior in high-school) wants in on this.
Six. Six players. This is the absolute limit.
Anyway, he'll be in-and-out, and wanted to make a character that can kinda show up once in a while and help out.
And he sent me this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-RudZv_YQ