/WMG/ Warmachine and Hordes General

Fun Conversions Editon

Previous Thread: >Newest No Quarter: (NQ73)
www110.zippyshare.com/v/dPkDQ8mh/file.html

New theme stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=9mZLbyizm40

Mk3 list building:conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat:discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / d0thm

PP Youtube
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: January 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html

>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html

>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html

>Mk3 Cygnar Command
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html

>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html

>Mk3 Khador Command
www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html

>Mk3 Cryx Command
www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html

>Mk3 Retribution of Scyrah Command
www108.zippyshare.com/v/9gF1X7iU/file.html

>Mk3 Grymkin Command
www3.zippyshare.com/v/tBkUxma2/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

tomas-mennes.squarespace.com/mecha-legion/
youtube.com/watch?v=sp7OLEJmSpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This isn't my Darius but if I end up getting him I'd want to do it up like this.

>thread topic
reeeeeee PP conversion policy says you can't change your models ever reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If there's a drawfag out there listening, we need this with Malekus instead

Yup, those were the days of mkii when people cared.

>5 ShitCoins have been deposited to your account. Thanks for shitposting :^)

Hey, my question fits right in with this theme!
Got some good responses on this in the last thread, hoping to keep it going.

I'm going to convert my Grymkin to suit a Bloodborne theme. Here's what I'm working with so far, and thanks to the anons who posted in the last thread:

>Dread Rots with their heads as giant masses of eyeballs instead of pumpkins, their vines are going to be optical nerves
>Find a way to make Skin & Moans more wolfy
Someone else said to just use Circle wolves and add shredded skin to their bodies but I'd like if this army could be tournament legal and I'm already pushing it as it is
>Give Dolly a wolf head and give the Child a white ribbon for a more depressing reference
Someone else said to get a cradle to represent Mergo and then his Wetnurse behind him, but I really don't think I'll be able to do a good scratch build job on that, plus there's the whole tournament legal thing.
>Sculpt some extra cloth on the Heretic and give him a cage head to look like Micolash

So that's all I've got so far. I love how so many of these guys already lend themselves very well to a Bloodborne-ish theme. The Wanderer, Hollowmen, Lord Longfellow, Gorehound, Cage Rager, Frightmare (fuck that thing's terrifying), it practically makes itself.

user, just don't. You're going to start a cycle, and we don't need another one. Just hide the post if it bothers you.

circle wolves all skinned up and carrying the skin n moans blades *is* tourny legal. PP's conversion policy is actually way more lenient than memes would have you believe.

well, it became more lenient. Their legal language and understanding is fucking retarded though.

I don't know user. This here has me worried...

>the end result of any conversion must be clearly identifiable as the intended model.
>If the EO cannot independently, easily, and accurately determine which model your conversion represents, the model is not tournament legal.
I feel like that'll be really hit or miss.

Bloody half-skinned heavy warbeast with knife-hands should be easily identifiable as Skin'n'Moans.

Are you planning on going to world tournaments? If not, I'm sure it will fit to 99.9% of everything else.

you could always label the base like pic related.

These models are the reason why Hungerford eased on the conversion policy.

fucking stupid.

why is that stupid? PP's old conversion policy sucked ass. plus this army is super cool looking.

You're joking but this might as well be the case. The online community is determined to shoot down any conversion no matter what. Browse the community boards and you'll see some pretty cool and creative stuff but someone will always start a shitstorm over illegal conversations for some stupid fucking reason

I'm saying that it's stupid that it needed to come to that.

At least we got a sweet fucking robot army out of it

Damn robo legion is fuckin cool. Is there a post with all of it somewhere?

tomas-mennes.squarespace.com/mecha-legion/

here you go, friend.

Much obliged

I really hate the "jumping" pose that people do with their warjacks/beasts. It looks fucking stupid, and makes the models look like they have no weight to them. The worst offenders I've seen are Khador. Behemoths, Kodiaks, etc all jumping like they have fucking jetpacks. Stop it.

That looks radical, wew

I give my Griffons rather flighty poses, but they're actually packing anti-grav forcefields. Makes a nice contrast with Ret's chunky-shouldered heavies.

That Nemochev though.

Now I want a Volcano King more than ever.

Question...who are these?

That's Skorne ya dingus.

But the filename quite clearly says Orgoth.

Oh fuck you're right everything I know has been thrown into question.

what're everyone's thoughts on the announcement of surprise themes for everyone coming in September?

Pretty cool. Biggest thing they need to do right now is get themes out for everyone, and this set of themes should get most of the game into a theme.

That's one new theme for each faction?

The guy who did them is the same guy who did the Stormhammer Khador -> Cygnar conversion up above. He's a novelist who's big into doing "your dudes" conversions in warmachine.

His Skorne conversion is a group of adventurers out of Corvis going down into a sunken Orgoth temple complex in the swamp and accidentally awakening an infernal power and becoming a neo-Orgoth blood empire.

He also just did a werewolf Cygnar army based on his new book series.

Few more thoughts:

>Someone else said to just use Circle wolves and add shredded skin to their bodies
That's one idea, you could also just do a repose and maybe a head-swap to make the skin and moans more bestial. It doesn't have to be a wolf necessarily... you could add more skeletal features to make it look like Paarl, or do something like the The One's mountain-of-corpses-chic look. The wolves do give you the most versatility though. It might be worth starting with something like Amelia, since less of the body is visible under all that... stuff.

>Someone else said to get a cradle to represent Mergo and then his Wetnurse behind him
That was me. Admittedly a challenging conversion, but if you make it good, I think rule-of-cool trumps most other considerations. I've never known a TO to reject a really good conversion, unless it was also confusing as to what it was supposed to be.

>I love how so many of these guys already lend themselves very well to a Bloodborne-ish theme
Worth pointing out that nothing says you need to convert all the units... you could just restrict yourself to the ones that already fit well.

>Their legal language and understanding is fucking retarded though.
I don't really have a problem with it. It gives the TO sufficient power to allow anything reasonable, but also gives them a leg to stand on when rejecting pieces from the inevitable rules-lawyer jackass. It is what it has to be, given how important piece-recognition is to gameplay.

Because PP started it.

Because PP started everything by adding conversion rules with barely any understanding of what they were writing. Their own ghetorix model is illegal by their own rule. Also the paint scheme can't infringe on other IP so they've gone straight back into "official scheme" mode.

>Their own ghetorix model is illegal by their own rule.
Say what?

This is what bait looks like user.

It's because it's not wielding the axe two handed. It's stupid, but by rules ghetorix with claw is a false representation since he doesn't have a open fist claw.

PP answered this by saying that it's an official model, hence not a conversion.which unfortunately means that if you do any conversion work on Ghetorix model, you turn it invalid.

See what I mean by stupid policies?

>The fish that sees the bait, cannot be caught.

There is no ban on "copyrighted colour schemes", since such a thing can't really exist.. The policy that you're hyper inflating for your whiny bullshit is that you can't paint copyrighted logos or convert your models to be carbon copies for copyrighted characters from other IP.

So you could paint your army in to be in Saskatchewan Roughriders uniforms complete with helmets and shoulder pads, but you couldn't add the logo and have it be valid for official PP events since they tend to stream those and they don't want to be sued for illicit Rider Pride.

I haven't kept up with WarmaHordes for a long time how's 3rd edition?

Transition period was rough, but it's better overall than mk2.

The community has been very mixed at it, but I think the end result will be better.

Some people definitely hate it, and feel like it personally defaced their car, but I think those issues are in the process of getting patched up.

I'd say overall the direction was more balanced and less skewy. Some factions suffered in the transition, but PP has made itself way more open to faster large scale patching so thats getting lots of help.

Your gonna hear the worst things ever about it, but It made me go back to the game personally.

How did Retributuin of Scyrah hold up, also any new factions?

No, there will be enough new themes so that every currently available model has a theme list it can be part of.

Really Really well. Maybe not the most powerful (Like Top 3) its one of the factions with the LEAST amount of chaff. Good place to be. Also recently all the Nyss joined up with them if you like new models.

New Faction is Grymkin. Its a hordes one with a mixup of rules, and...mixed opinions on models.

Its got some great conceptual ones, and some bad ones that I think could benefit from just some touch ups.

Is the meta still all heavies all the time?

You say that but I bought that model and have legit tried to throw something twice my first couple of games with it. I know thats my fault but it was frustrating lol

Yeah no. Streamers are not responsible for corporate representation by players. NASCAR broadcasts do not need to acquire a right to every corporate decals on Dale Earnhardt Jr's car to film it. Only way any streamer can get into trouble is if there's a deliberate attempt by the streamer to disparage the copyright in question.

No. It's definitely moving away from that. Quickly and strongly.

Tell me how you've managed to survive so long with your head that far up your own ass

I dunno, PP's been doing it longer. Ask them.

How'd you type all that with your head in that cavernous buttocks of yours buddy?

Well, you say that, but that's explicitly the reason for the rule. They came right out and said it. IIRC the specific case was somebody painting their army as marvel characters that triggered it. It's one of those things that's just in there so they can cover their ass if they get sued. I've been a TO a couple dozen times and probably played in more than a hundred "official" events. I've never even heard of an actual player in a RL tourney getting DQ'd over that.

Same generally goes for the other conversion policy complaints. The "issues" are all wacky hypotheticals constructed by players who don't even leave their houses - actual games, in actual competitive settings, it holds up fine. Sure, once in a while, you'll get some dick rules-lawyer trying to pull something over on you, or a jerk of a TO that just refuses to see reason, but they're the rare exception (and in my experience those people would be problematic no matter how the rules were written).

Newbie starting a journeyman league in two weeks. Sell me on a faction Veeky Forums? Not mercs/minions/convergence or Grymkin. Itll be more for a painting project and to meet some people than anything so im looking for a fun battlebox.

Trolls looked really attractive to me but not having a heavy seemed kinda stupid.

Skorne is an excellent painting project. Praetorians in particular look fantastic when effort is put into them.

honestly, as many troll heavies as I have I'm way more hyped about Elemental Trolls more than anything. They have so much personality to them!

what do you like about trolls? is it the aesthetic?

Missing out on heavies for the first few weeks is pretty crippling in a Journeyman league, but the box is fine-ish just to start out with trolls in a non-Journeyman context.

The Impaler is just completely worthless, but Ragnor, the Axer, and the Bouncer are all good gets.

Yeah, the first match with Troll will be ass, but now that the next point increment is 15 points, you can straight up add a Dire Troll Mauler
Mauler+Ragnor=EXTREME PAIN
Also, to be fair, Ragnor's feat with heavies in a regular 0 pt battle box game would be completely retarded

Greetings Veeky Forums I come to you today because I'm looking to start a new faction. I kind of bored with playing Circle Orboros, and I'm currently torn between two armies, I'm currently looking at Cryx, and after watching the Gavyn Kyle files, I'm liking what the Congregration are getting for new goodies, however I'm not to familiar with the Minions faction, thanks in advance!

Everyone can be sued, the question is whether there's a case. Everyone can be sued at any point for any reason. PP does not monetize the streaming or the sale of anything resembling existing ip.

If someone brings in bunch of conversions, that is not PP's responsibility. PP has such a poor grasp of this.

I'm going to disregard your entire DQ thing because it has nothing to do with lawsuits.

youtube.com/watch?v=sp7OLEJmSpU

Minions are in a good spot now. Barnabus is really rad with the Gatormen Posse in theme (only play them in theme, Farrow Brigands are better out of it). Rask is top tier and has a fun list style called "superfriends" where you bring all the paired junior warlocks (WrongEye, Dalhlia, Rorsh, etc.) and he has a strong feat and spell list. The new stuff coming out for minions all looks really rad too, especially that solo that removes Pathfinder and Flight from a model and makes them treat all open ground as rough terrain.

I can't wait for the Dracodile, Animus creates water and spits corrusion, plus the model itself looks great from what I have seen.

>Old Witch unleashes the Grymkin because the armies of man/other assorted races can't stand up to the evil gods Thamar made a deal with
>but the armies of man/assorted races can stand up to the Grymkin
Is it just me, or does this plan seem retarded

>Is it just me, or does this plan seem retarded
It's PP for ya.

Its more like

>Thamar makes a deal
>Humans keep sinning
>Infernals getting stronger
>Infernals gonna manifest and take their end of the deal
>Old Witch releases Grymkin
>Grymkin kills sinners
>Infernals get weaker
>Deal never happens

At least that is the plan. Whether or not its a wise one is an entirely other story.

It's a decent plan considering grymkin are naturally occurring all over whereas convincing every government ( likely full of the targets in question ) to allocate resources to extra-judiciously kill people would be pretty hard.

>Minions
I think you'll find those are Skorne releases, friend ;^)

There's two separate concerns - those of PP and those of the players. I was speaking to both. Privateer is a private, for-profit company with established IP and several steady income streams. Like any such entity, they are risk-averse. Getting sued costs money and time, regardless of who "wins", and almost never produces any material benefit for the defendant. It's therefore in their best interest to avoid anything that could even potentially trigger a lawsuit. If their lawyers are any good, they'd advise them of as much. It's the same reason they discontinued the PG program. The risks outweighed the reward.

My 2nd point was, as a player, none of that really matters. I bring it up to highlight the conversion policy for what it is. It's a GUIDELINE for organizers and players, and also a published document PP can point to if they get into a conflict. That's it. It's down to the individual TO's to allow reasonable conversions and DQ unreasonable ones.

>I think you'll find those are Skorne releases, friend
Heh, this isn't Mk2 anymore, SkorneAnon. Minions are almost (kinda (sorta)) like a real faction now!

You haven't seen the new minion theme for skorne I'm guessing, lol

Did you not... did the sarcasm not come across? I really thought the "almost kinda sorta" thing would have cemented it. I even put all those parentheses in there, to hammer it home. Huh.

Why don't we have an Infernal Army yet?

The collective whining of Minions players has already caused PP to back down. Like we already know that the Gargantuan will not be usable by skorne, so I'm pretty sure PP will be forced to tone it down some more.

Eh, not really worried about that. They let me have Road Hogs with Morgoul2, you won't hear any complaints from me.

There's not that many real noobstomp assassinations in the game anymore (and relatively few in Skorne with nuKarn being so much less bouncy than his predecessor), so I've caught quite a few people out with that one. Even after all these years, most casters still really don't like boosted POW 12's.

Speaking of which, are enraged Archidons under Battleboar Primal a thing?

The PG program is the legal issue of one being unable to volunteer for a profits company with actual job like repercussions.

Stream is not a monetized practice for them. It's a completely different matter.

Because the devs wanted Halloween town

>Stream is not a monetized practice for them. It's a completely different matter.

Still though, why risk it? Lots of big brands are super defensive of their IP, why run the risk of having any legal action taken against them? As user said it would still cost them money to defend.

And realistically, how many people does this even effect?

Existing as a company is a risk. Saying or writing anything is a risk. As mentioned before, people can be sued for anything. Marvel can sue them right now claiming warmachine is a copyrighted name.

It's a stupid thing for them to be hung up on, even more stupid when by your own admission affects so little people.

So why are you hung up on it?

Engaging in a conversation is not being hung up on it. PP's policy is dumb. If someone tells me that it's not, then I will refute that. Because that's what a conversation is. Series of replies.

...darn.

Well, maybe they could be the Hordes faction?

What do we know about them so far?

>Well, maybe they could be the next Hordes faction we get?
Why can't I type good today?

Beyond the old RPG stuff, not much.

I suspect continent of Zu before internals though. Then again, pp is dumb and maybe push infernals so people can get a double dose of edginess

Noice.

I think it would be quite interesting to have a rule that the Conscripti and Deci-Conscripti enter disguised as humans...and then transform.

Couple this with something that means you choose which Beast/Unit(+Attachments) breaks out of which disguise and they could be tactically interesting.

Plus they have an excess of Unit Attachments and no Solo's

The also only have two actual Units of Deci-Conscripti, a shooty one and a fighty one, both 5 models each. The Unit Attachments basically work like Spooky Demon Biotech for the Unit they unveil with.

Is there a good source of WarmaHordes bits online? I'm looking for Ret and Legion parts in particular for some conversion work.

Hoard o bits. Majority of stuff are on PP site