Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Why does the Starfinder CRB have such bad editing and contradictory rules? Did this get no editing passes?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
youtube.com/watch?v=NT0epw9P7-o
youtube.com/watch?v=Umc9ezAyJv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Paizo are dumb.

Evidently.

The CRB is where the writing needs to be the ABSOLUTE TIGHTEST out of all books you can release, and they fucked it up, just like whoever keeps making threads keeps leaving starfinder stuff here when it's got enough material for its own thread.

>contradictory rules

Didn't we establish years ago that Paizo have no idea how to play their own game?

So is it just me, or do all the feats in Starfinder really suck?

>Starfinder previews hint that the rules are more streamlined and usable
>Starfinder comes out
>literally still just Pathfinder

If anyone knows of any stupid paizo erratas concerning items BESIDES weapon cords, sleeves of garments, jingasa, bracers of falcon and QRS, tell me off them and their stats before errata. I am making a complete list of stupid paizo item erratas.

I'm like 80% sure she takes the cyberbarbs on regular basis.
Except they are not really a sharp barbs more of a surface bumps you can totally feel but they don't actually hurt.

How do you guys think Androids should be Rp'd?
There ate those who will play them like smart robots and make cheap beep boop jokes.
Then there are those who will play them like humans with a synthetic body, ghost in the Shell style.
How do I rp an Android?

Where's my Starfinder roll20 game!? Giff!

>So is it just me, or do all the feats in Starfinder really suck?

I'd say the feats that they translated from Pathfinder to Starfinder are better than the Pathfinder variants, and a lot of feats are pretty good. It's just it's a 3.5e variant, so a lot of shitty feats is standard.

Sounds like a good tiefling mutation.
I like the idea that they'd be mildly prehensile as well, or at least move reflexively of their own accord.

You are not alone. That ofcourse doesn't mean that you are not wrong

>Paizo
>editing
>taking playtesting feedback
>knowing how their own games work
Don't ask stupid questions user

The 1st groups are going to get memed on so hard

I see you might be wondering how I got racial +1 on Grapple, Intimidate, and Seduce...

What about them?

Hence why I want to be in one!

What is the price formula for metamagic rods? I'm trying to figure what Ascendant Metamagic Rods cost and thinking about buying one if it's not too obnoxiously expensive. But I can't find the formula for pricing the rods.

>Implying RotJR hasn't already set up a Starfinder group.

How much of a dick move is it to throw stuff from other games against my pathfinder party? I remember being pissed off that a GM once threw a 4E undead dragon type thing at us while playing D20 Modern and dont want to replicate that bullshittery.

Space daddy!

Won't high powered space rifles make swiss cheese out of the average thing?

I don't see why it would be a problem as long as you respect the tone of the game you're running and also don't half-ass your conversion of the thing into PF. Why were you pissed when it happened to you?

>Mentalists's Hadbook
>They still didn't fix the issues with State of Recall still being called Zeal in the description
I knew this was going to be rough. Now to read the rest of the book

Has DSP said whether they'd do anything with Starfinder?

>try to set up a build so it CAN grapple but that's not its main schtick
>realize that even with feat tax rules it has to be my main schtick, because it still eats up too many fucking feats otherwise
>can't branch out into other things, like intimidation or tripping, because that would require just as many, if not MORE feats

I hate this godforsaken system so much

is the starfinder crb out yet? How shit is it, on a scale of 1 being 3.0 and 10 being mythic

Creation Handbook when?

It's a solid Zendikar out of Gordon Freeman.

Also 1 =/= 3

Well, think of how many times the core rolebook for pathfinder was reprinted. (They're on 6th reprint, I think.)

michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
The intention is to use this with 6th-level-limit games, but frankly I think it would be an improvement to any game.

I swear I'd want to use so many house rules and third-party systems to make this shit work, it might as well be its own fucking CRB.

The Creation sphere handbook will come after the Life sphere handbook (which is next).

user, read the post. Even with feat tax rules it doesn't really help, but that's mostly because those feat tax rules only chip at the tip of the feat tax iceberg.

Meme me a meme for Starfinder!

Androids should be played like Bishop from Aliens.

"Mind is the next book to be published, and it will be 10th book (out of 20). It will be followed by Life, and then probably Creation... generally, 1 book comes out every 2 or 3 months, so it'll be a while before we're done."

So, probably expect it early next year?

Does your character need a hug? Would they like a hug? Would you hug your character? Why would your character need a hug?

I'm gonna make a cute soldier!

>Why were you pissed when it happened to you?

Because he just used it as-is from the monster manual. An incorporeal creature when the party mostly has a bunch of ARs and a an LMG is not fun. Magic in D20 Modern topped out at 5th-level spells. I had levels in Mindblade, which was the soulknife equivalent except even weaker and thus was the only person that could damage the thing...for one attack per round.

They're going to be investigating/fighting a cult that uses strange, unknown magic. My intent was to use the Binder because I love the shit out of that class, but I've only got one player that even knows about the class, much less the book it's from. I'm not worried about balance so much as introducing something that doesnt work by the rules my players know.

Vesk hemipenes.

Done and done.

Next in line, will you please step forward.

>Androids should be played like Melfina from Outlaw Star.

FTFY.

Icon Mystic

Can't it be both?

How cute? How cute?!

I am okay with this

No idea as I never saw any of the Alien movies except for the scene with the cargo mech.

>tfw no art of elven gun girls
Holy shit, how did I let this happen

>See a couple of nobles whipping a poor and exhausted slave kid
>Tell the man to stop
>"No, it's my slave and I do what I want"
>"What makes him your slave?"
>"I paid for him"
>"To whom?"
>"To whoever captured him"
>"Ah..."
>Punch him nonlethally
>"Now I captured you, you're my slave"
>Woman tells me that's wrong and stuff like that histerical
>"Oh, yeah, sorry"
>Throw some coins at her
>"Now I bought him too, everything is legal"
Why did my GM make me fall? I clearly was following the laws of this land

How can Humans even compete?

Anti-Commander Shepard who is as charismatic as Commander Shepard of Commander Shepard was an actual person, but is still a good soldier.

Mostly because your GM was probably trying to find an excuse to make you fall.

You should make a request on Drawthreads?

Current /pfg/ games all convert to Starfinder.

Cyber Dragons 1&2
Puella Digitum Daemonica
Credmaker god I wish scfi would stop calling their currencies "creds", it got old
Rise of the Jade Space Pope

>Icon Android Operative
>Wrist-Mounted Computer with an artificial personality that can do social stuff for them
>The android and the AI are an Idol team

You definitely shouldn't have fallen for doing something like that; karmic justice to reveal the evils of the world (assuming that you then released the man and had him release his own slave) is purely Good.

Did a fillable character sheet ever get created for Starfinder?

Bishop if fucking awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=NT0epw9P7-o

RINGMAKER

THE PARTY MUST BUILD A SOLID GOLD RINGWORLD.

Rolled 3, 2 + 2 = 7 (2d4 + 2)

I gotcha senpai

Shit son that's way better than my idea. Wouldn't gold be a terrible material to actually construct a building out of though, let alone a megastructure like a ring world?

Either of them any good?

Not directly, but PsyBomb has an interest check on MW that outright states that he's writing something and will allow it to be tested in his game once it hits beta.

You can keep your Kasatha. I want Space Elans

Who likes punching reporters in the face!

No, because you've ben order to make it gold by Iomedae, or at least gold plated, and the whole thing has to run on one of her Prayer engines

Why is Iomedae suddenly the patron goddess of the Blingmaker party? They aren't even all human! And wouldn't Abadar make more sense anyway? I still remember the BANKTOPOLIS meme for what their first city should be.

What would you call a scifi currency, /pgg/? Most currencies are one to two syllables, with a couple of slang terms.

That's nothing, my entire group looked at me like I was Hitler when I told them my Pal not only had no problem with prostitution, he voted in favour of having a brothel in the city (kingmaker campaign) as long as girls weren't forced into that job and everything were under their free will

What was your group like? A bunch of SJWs who thought sex was evil unless they were doing it?

What should their first City be? What should each party member try to focus on for their districts?!?!

Damm I didn't remember that. It was fucking awesome.

Aren't even all human or all good, I mean. The necromancer is evil, but I don't remember them having anybody chaotic in their group unless Disk's PC is chaotic good?

Digits, in reference to the digits of one's bank account. Or whatever, I dunno, I'm just tired of it being credits.

Slides

"50 slides plus the enterance fee and you can use the backdoor to get in.

What if the party is chartered by Rostland to explore uncharted space nearby, where a gold-dense nebula has mysteriously appeared?

The party might find the gas cloud being made by a solid gold star, or a technomagical gas-to-gold machine called the Philosopher's Station!

Bytes, with Kilobytes and Megabytes being exactly what you think they are.

units

Blargabucks. Three speekles is a blargabuck, two niptips is a speekle, and four hundred hackbacks is a niptip. Hackbacks are typically fused together into hundred hack-lumps for ease of use, but there is still a vocal political movement for their abolishment as a currency. However, the government is loathe to go through all the work required just to remove them from circulation.

Bit coins.

A gold star? user, those are only stickers, they aren't real. So it must be a magic gold star.

But that's assuming Rostland and Issia still exist by the time Starfinder happens. They've probably had their civil war by then and only one remains. Or Choral showed up and cleaned everything up on both sides of the fence.

CCs if you want to maintain the Credit thing, short for Crypto Coins

Double Dollars

Times 1000 or times 1024?

Blade Runner is another great movie about androids, if you've never seen it.

A while back I was pondering what a copper/silver/gold currency would progress to once it went modern/scifi.

And it occurred to me. It doesn't necessarily even need to change.

I mean gold's not even commonly used in business transactions anyway. So what's the step down? Silver. Then people's credit cards would be silver. Or gold if you're some bigshot moneyed fucko

It's funny how it works out. $ is for $ilver. ¢ is for ¢opper. And there'd presumably be a similar one for gold, but it and possibly copper have deprecated due to everyone just using $ilver now. Y'know, sort of like how the japanese Yen is actually the highest denomination of currency, but it's depreciated to the point that nobody uses Sen (100th of a yen) or Rin (10th of a Sen) anymore.

So in answer to the question, just call it Silver.

It's sci-fi bruh, don't gotta follow canon.

There was like what? 5 Androids in the whole movie?

Oh wait, it's 6 now.

Ty for the inspiration anons

Funny thing about hemipenes, the same structures in males are present in females but only smaller. Vesk women have two clits.

Yeah, but the entire movie is about them. And looking at Starfinder Androids, they are heavily, heavily influenced by Blade Runner. (Well, as is most media about near-perfectly-humanoid robots.)

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU--

Shit, it's just a chance to watch scenes from some of my favorite movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=Umc9ezAyJv0

An idea I just had.

>start a niche game
>make a sock puppet to post first app that matches your expectations exactly

That

Might actually be a good idea, holy shit.

But why?

Why not just make the app as the GM, so people are sure that's what you want?

Why not have a "game" where people are just messing around with chargen without being committed to a compaign?

Do replicants dream of epic retweets?

IS there a intraweb in sf, and if so do the gods post on it?

Why not just start posting NPCs they party will encounter, written like apps?

But then how will you use the sock puppet to shill your game and inflate perceived interest?

to make the bamboozle all the sweeter