/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

go hog wild?

v3.1 Fixed some missing lines.

Dancing plays in the background

Yeah, I was waiting for that magic phrase.

Well, it's finally here. Thank you and sorry to everybody who waited for so long. I hope it was worth the wait.

Spirit, Possess+Unbound.

Unbound is necessary to escape entropy, leave this universe for another. Functionally, this is the same as if I picked Reincarnation, Otherworld+The Choice+Keep Memory. The only downside is that I have to take my body of choice by force.

And the Escape option.

>Escape
Very well done user, this is great.

Pink Floyd, my one true weakness.

RWBY CYOA when!!!

There is one.

>Tfw a girl will never give you her freshly removed panties.
What's even the point in living?

No brown lolis?

To have bigger and better dreams than that.

Kill me, Pete.

i know ive been saying it for months and haven't delivered, but I'm still working on it. It's difficult to write without ruining the canon. Plus I'm doing college shit full time, so it's taking awhile--sorry, but bear with me.

Limp is fine. Rogue purification requires only that you be hugged long enough for me to tell you nice things and force pure mana into your system to flush out the bad mana. We'll turn that despair into hope before you know it!

And yeah, I know about Our Lady of Escalation, which is why I'm packing my shield from the Life rite. Can't choke me if you can't get through the shell! (Please don't be able to get though the shell; that is a horrible way to go. I just haaad to forego AoE attacks, didn't I?)

Friendship, acceptance and support are coming for you, user! You cannot stop this!

Rogue magical girls are magical girls who have suffered (except some of the carnals... They seem to just do it for kicks, so they get a pass as long as they aren't hurting innocents), so they are getting befriended and purified. The ones who actually enjoy being horrible people for fun are getting smote

Didn't think about it, sorry.

>I am a slut for lolis
>Thus i want to lewd the lolis
>But i also want to not lewd the lolis and headpat them
What the fuck is wrong with me?

You are a perfect victim.

I have to say that having a girl hand you her panties still warm from her crotch is not actually that much of a turn on. I mean, it's all good fun and whatnot but in the grand scheme of things it's really not that big of a deal.

It's okay, I still like your CYOA.

Such plebian tastes.

It's a matter of availability and exposure. After eight times or so, all but the most dedicated of tunnel vision fetishists will start to notice that actual sex is way more fun than going nuts over panties.

Someone who actually had sex would realize that half the fun is the foreplay, user.

>Cute, vulnerable lolis who need love
No-! NO! My one weakness! Must... Not.. Adopt-!

>Puppy eyes
Noooo-!
>Knight mode
Yeeees!

>Orphanage
>No acts
You put that knife away right now, missie-! I WILL revoke your desert privileges! What? Yes that means you're coming home with me!

>Hannah
>Kate
>Jessica
Y'all gonna be loved and cherished and hugged and headpatted and told what good girls you are. And if I catch ANY of you bullying Jessica (or any of your sisters), you're getting spanked and grounded with no internet or phones for two weeks!
>Leona
Aw GOD DAMMIT! Right, you? We're breaking your curse. In public you'll have to act your apparent age, but at home, you can live your own life, okay? If I can see through the curse, we're halfway to breaking it already. No, we are not doing lewd stuff, not until we're sure that curse is broken. Then... Well we'll see, alright?

Nothing to it. Just have to show these lolis who's in charge- ARGH!
>Buried under hug-pile

it's been a kinda frustrating night.
I guess we're all just one bad day away from...
>Old
I just can't seem to get my mind out of the gutter lately. I'm not sure if there's something wrong or if it's just some part of being this age.
>Pit of Carnality, Affinity for Obsession.
>Alteration S
I can still change myself or others, just like before....the object options are weird.
>Invocation S
I'm not as big as I remember though...but I still feel the Life around me. I can call them now; it's not quite the same as before, but the Swarm's strength seems to match what I had, collectively.
>Infestation S
I think I might've fallen apart somewhere along the way but I don't feel like I've Lost any one part.
>Defense S
Still tough...just a different tough. I can die a hundred little deaths and still be just fine.
>Reserve S
A thousand little sensations, millions of lives all at once...it's not hard to enjoy the Feeling of the world with so much to Feel.
>Dexterity S+
OH! And I finally fixed that whole...huge-and-clumsy problem. I'm Enormous but all the little parts move across surfaces, cars, people, all without causing any harm I meant to!
Where did my feet go again?
>Siphon S
Where is that Dark Knight? I wonder if she's feeling so confident now?
>Flowing Body Runes, Tome's contents written in flowing Ink.
I'm moving through a few too many bodies to worry about actual clothes these days. Shimmer seems to think it's funny and keeps making jokes about how one of us is going to have to change.

>Clean Up
Oh We Have Got This Handled. Can probably turn any garbage into structures for colonies while we're at it.
What money? no that's still nonsense, we'll just turn in spare plastic and collect change. You know how much people lose at a beach or park?
>Help People.
You have some very strange definitions of helping people.
>Retake Utopius.
Still need to get around to this.

>I just haaad to forego AoE attacks, didn't I?
Are you forgetting that we are supposed to be a team? I can just sweep the whole place clean with Astra rites and the bugs will be gone in no time~

Geez guys, if we are still playing magical girls, at least have one of the CYOAs in the thread.

1/5

2/5

Let's try to keep the property damage to a minimum please? Just get me an opening and keep them off me- Or wait, I'll just pick up some goggles and a fume mask! They can't bite me after all; my skin's as hard as stone! That's Brute 5 or 6 at least, more if I'm wearing my armour!

I just need to get close enough to hug her. Come to think of it, would a Passenger act like a Phantom? They certainly seem to be similar.

Am I gonna have to hug you too? Believe me, we're more than a bad day away from this. You know that power's going to corrupt you over time, so come on, take my hand. It's going to be okay; we're all in this together and together we're stronger than any of us can imagine.

We're even going to get new friends soon too! See?

3/5

>/cyoag/
>90% of new content is always just animu waifushit
This pisses me off greatly as it's all just the same shitty wish fulfilment over and over again with no actual originality
Wtf, anyone wanna see a CYOA where you get to be a commie apparatchik? Choose your background, goals, etc.

4/5

5/5

>anyone wanna see
Are you asking if anyone has a particular wish to be fulfilled?

This is bait.

Because thats what people want. Look at the last couple of threads for an example of people getting invested in their lives as magical girls. Those posters are also among the most vocal, furthering heightening the perception of popularity.

then make something, u noob

....Why is my dick hard reading this?

Jade was right.

Anyone have the post-apocalyptic CYOA where you wake up in an abandoned facility, pick your loadout from a locker, and get out in a ride from the garage?

>Nobledark
>Skill Thief
>The True Heir
>Astral Mark
>Solais
>Kriscarn
>Fara Antor
>The Aegis
>Zerria
>Cliff Jackal
>Privateers

>reminding me of the ending of True Detective this late at night
Why?

Humor cyoas are great.
>Beer and classic rock
>Windowless white van (2-4 lolis, 4 acts, forced to adopt 2 lolis)
>Acts: Headpatting, hugs, smooching, holding hands
>Lolis: Mary, Hannah, Sammy, Jade
>Adopting: Hannah, Jade
Mary needs to be unlewded and only I can do it. Sadly Jade takes precedence and I need Hannah to be a good rolemodel for her.
I want Sammy too. She's a good kid.

>being forced to adopt the lewd loli
>soiled goods as you
>knifepoint adoption signings
>Jade: You can't tell anymore since it doesn't seem to make any difference
I'm having a blast reading this. Absurd comedy cyoas with an unreliable narrator are the best.
Man I wish I had ideas like this. I love the characters.

The dark knight is debating whether she should swallow her pride and go seek out a normal magical girl to get purified.

Though some aspects did improve, she feels weaker, on the whole.

It's pretty funny we just had an entire thread where anons shitted on homosexuals as degenerate plaguebearers then this pedophile, loli cyoa gets made and no one bats an eye.

Is this general trying to turn me into an SJW?

>Joining the path of evil weakens you
A surprise to no one.

You're a latent pedophile.

Sanic the magical girl

Old

Joy

Warp B
Tempora B
Scale S
Conjure C
Arma S
Shock B
Crysta C
Blood A
Agility S
Mind A
Reserves S

Tome - fluffed as a scroll, conveniently tied to the back.

Thematic - shock
Phased

Gooey

Clean Up
Emergency Rescue
Save the World

Lolis are a superior and adorable race not bound by morals BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING EXIST IN REALITY YOU IDIOT!

I was already on the path of evil. Evil is supposed to empower you and maybe it would have, if I had been willing to become inhuman.

There weren't even any dullahans.

>lolis don't exist in reality

You realize loli is just japanese/weebo slang for a young girl or woman with a childlike appearance, right?

Evil is supposed to be easy power, everyone knows that in the end is not worth it. Now knock off that edgy attitude and let me hug you already!

You know well what i wanted to say.

No, I don't. Is this some sort of semi-philosophical "ceci n'est pas une pipe" argument?

I agree it's what many people want, it's still animu waifushit

No. I'm saying I want to make a history inspired CYOA set on 5 March 1953, the day Stalin died. You play a powerful member of the Communist Party and get to select your background, ethnicity, history. Now that Stalin's dead there's a power struggle with hardliners, reformists, and petty criminals all vying for different stakes. Yoy make a build with a network of contacts to try and achieve it without getting your "risk" too high. I imagine it to be a sliding scale at the lowest levels you're above reproach and at the highest you're instantly arrested and executed. Goals are things like becoming General-Secretary of the Party, or becoming the wealthiest man in the USSR, or executing all your enemies

You're definitely not a good person in the game, but it was inspired by Time of Troubles CYOA. I'm still trying to decide how I want to make it but I thought it would a nice and huge change of pace from this anime waifushit by at least being a lot different

H-Hey! We haven't even reached the climax of the second season yet!

>it would a nice and huge change of pace from this anime waifushit by at least being a lot different
Sure go hog wild. Make something good and you might get your wish.
Until then pls no shitpost?

Stop asking and start making. People will keep complaining about this anyways.

You've made the classic mistake of trying to turn a CYOA into a game. Go play an RPG for that, it's not what CYOAs are good for.

>pls no shitpost
Who even cares. You get a 3 day ban for posting the same anime girl in succession. You get a 1 month ban for being fat. You apparently don't get banned if you shit up in an entire thread and post screenshots of bugchasing or have /pol/tier discussions about homosexuality. I'm starting to think SDA is blackmailing the janitors to selectively ignore /cyoag/.

Yes, I'm salty.

>Fatposter is also aqua
Alright, another persona to add to the list.

>have /pol/tier discussions about homosexuality.
>Hating the downfall of the family unit and by extension western civilization is /pol/-tier
KYS.

>Pls no shitpost
Animu waifu game #347 adds shit to shit. Its worse than Papa John's pizza and it fucking sucks

>Shitpost about your fapstasy of being a magical girl is constructive and saying it's retarded isn't because I want muh safe space

Ok what would you recommend to make it better? I like Time of Troubles and the like but I agree they become way too complex and start requiring an Excel Sheet to track your choices. When designing a CYOA do you find it better to make a simple "pick a few" options, or a simple "pick one out of 12"? What's an example of a more complex CYOA you find to be well designed and interesting?

I'm not her. I'm not either of them. I've just been banned dozens of (or at least 12+) times on /cyoag/ for inane shit. Stuff that wasn't even off-topic or shitposting. It kind of boils my blood to then see an entire thread devolve into /pol/posting and no one gets banned. I honestly don't know how this system works anymore. What actually gets someone banned?

He's not wrong, though he is a faggot.

I mean the current writers for the show are already doing it, so whats stopping you?

>Shitpost about your fapstasy of being a magical girl is constructive and saying it's retarded isn't because I want muh safe space
What that has to do with complaining about animoo waifushit?

Because you're saying stop whining start making

I am making and I'm also stopping by to say holy shit the problem of animu waifushit has become way worse. I only lurk these threads once every few weeks but it seems like every time I check it's pretty much just choose your waifu instead of ANY CYOA. that's why I'm taking some action but Christ people wtf is wrong with you

The most important thing to keep in mind is what a CYOA is for. Short of RPing in the thread, there's only one thing you CAN do with a CYOA, and that's imagine yourself in it and how you would live. If it's not designed for that, doesn't make that an enjoyable thing to do, then it's absolutely worthless as a CYOA.

Ultimately that means you the player are sucked into some kind of wish-fullfillment scenario, and given a variety of options that you can imagine interacting with in your new life (remember, real life isn't numbers). I guess there are some people who can enjoy a more negative scenario, but I think it needs some kind of silver lining to be worth imagining.

>only lurk these threads once every few weeks
You are aware that complaining about the current state of a thread you barely go to lurk is a bit retarded right?

Most posters get banned maybe once every few months at best. Don't try and pretend its for "inane shit", even if you aren't the serial shitposter (and I really doubt you're being honest) you still almost certainly need to fuck off.

He's right that the moderation here is shit, people who should be banned never are and the threads suffer for it.

Honestly, thanks. You're right a CYOA is fundamentally a degree of wish fulfilment and do failing to keep that in mind will make the game unplayable. I guess I made a game that was too historical and required character making instead of self insert. Which is fine now I just need to make a more interesting CYOA concept for the players here.

I'm not against romance even just the shitty waifu nonsense in these threads.

I left due to all the waifushit. Every time I check back or check the archive it's heavily filled with waifu shit. Even cool CYOA will turn into waifushit with annoying animu art halfway through. Good CYOA OC often gets ignored in favour of Fulfill My Fetish: Edition 12. Yes, I think I know what I'm talking about

>Even cool CYOA will turn into waifushit with annoying animu art halfway through
>If a CYOA uses anime art it is instantly waifushit regardless of its content
You really ARE an idiot.

>I left due to all the waifushit
Can you stay gone? Nobody wants to hear about how you think you're a real CYOA fan whose opinion matters despite only liking around 50% of the medium. All of the real people who enjoy the medium like both waifu and non-waifu CYOAs. You are literally as bad as the women and babies who go into gaming and start crying about how it's too hard or exclusive and not catered to their tastes. Just kill yourself already.

I've been here from the start. Most times I get banned is when I make the mistake of replying to a shitpost, my post is deemed off-topic and I'm banned, but the original shitpost isn't.

Example.
>user: women are inferior and whores
>me: not all women are inferior or whores (BANNED)

No, it turning into "pick a waifu" makes it waifushit

>[autistic screeching intensifies]
Fucking normies, eh? How could anyone possibly have different taste than you?

This is why good content creators leave. When you get triggered by he fact they don't like catering to shit tastes as they exist here and then sperg when people call you on it

How is not forcing fags in the closet going to destroy the family unit?
And do you really want to take the risk of marrying a repressed lesbian?

Don't engage with him. He literally thinks homosexuality is going to destroy western civilization. He cannot be saved. Report and ignore him and return to posting about cyoas.

Contrary to popular belief being wrong is not actually against the rules.

>>[autistic screeching intensifies]
>How could anyone possibly have different taste than you?
You are being hypocritical here.

Claiming homosexuality is evil and destroying western civilization IS against the rules since it's obviously off-topic and not Veeky Forums-related. Report, ignore, and enjoy cyoas.

NO U: the argument

What sort of political movements would one expect in a generational spaceship?

Anarcho-communism and fascism

And so some random person that I couldn't identify grabbed me, and forced things inside me.

I tried going to the police, but they told me that magical girls are difficult to prosecute, and that if I couldn't identify my attacker that they wouldn't do anything.

I guess I'll just go home and start digging out that hot pink goo I shunted over to my infinite reserves. Ewww, it smells like candy and glitter.

I could see ecologists and nature-lovers obsessed with caring for instead of exploiting their destination's natural resources become a big thing.

Giirrrrllll Dem shoulder pads are re-diculse

WIP, critique how it looks, grammar, and other shit. I'm also open to suggestions for some stuff you cunts want added, though most of it's already planned out.

So which world has the hottest guys? Don't try bullshitting me. A female grim reaper like that must know where all the hotties are.

Looks alright

As far as suggestions, can you tell us roughly what you have planned or do you want to keep it under wraps?

What is this pic from?

Looks pretty comfy, fampai. Can't wait for the finished product so I can consume it

>ywn be a female grim reaper offering beautiful guys an extension on their life in exchange for fucking you
>ywn have a harem of immortal men desperate to fuck and please you so they can maintain their lives

Don't forget my Sci-fi fampai

A gurps (I think) adaption of alpha centauri, a pc game.