EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"That is not dead which can eternal lie" edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Holy crap, Phasing. What long-dead mechanic do you want to make a return?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
cockatrice.github.io
woogerworks.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What long-dead mechanic do you want to make a return?

Epic
Banding

Friend mentioned "aura shards cat", has anyone seen this spoiled?

I would like Rebels back in a supplementary product.

Vamps, surprisingly.

Not when they're Roman.

yes its 5cmc and has reach, look on mythicspoilers before posting

Quali Slingers.

It only triggers on cats. Don't get too excited.

Check out this qt I fucking pulled from the booster

If I use Kiki-Jiki to copy Solemn Simulacrum do I get to draw cards when I sacrifice the tokens?

wow a 10c card

Yep.

Of course

Yep. Sacrifice causes "dies" triggers.

I cant check but doesnt SS require him to die? Does the kiki token get exiled? if it does then no you wont draw a card

For a common/uncommon she is pretty fug

>thread question
Replicate and Epic

Mathas, New Blood and the kill yourselves spell make me want to buy vampires but I'm still waiting on Wizards spoilers.

Didn't notice until now, but I guess we're getting a second Taigam in the Wizard deck and Mairsil.

Is there any hope that there will be a boros commander in the vampire deck?

Kiki tokens are sacrificed.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

It would be kind of odd but not impossible.

>Thread question
Ninjutsu.

Maybe under different name, but give me ninjutsu, it was fun.

>Boros
>even if it gets a commander it will be trash
Don't disappoint yourself user

What do you mean by this

I love the new curses. White is shit, but I can't think of anything else appropriate.
Maybe if it cost 2 rather than three.

You mean Taigam pre-time fuckery, the backstabber one?

ah ok. forgot what they all did

Why does this guy keep posting?

The Wizards podcast confirms a second, different Taigam and Mairsil will appear.

They've said that ninjitsu and bushido will probably come back with different names

God damn do I love Kiki-Jiki

How's he not more than $10?

Because people keep replying.

For some reason it wasn't visible for me

thats really cool actually.
im guessing he will be in the wizard deck and be black blue considering he went with silumgar

Hey tripfag.
cockatrice.github.io
woogerworks.com
Don't ever talk to me or my general ever again.

>Boros

Just play Naya, Mardu, or Jeskai

Reprinted a few times recently

Aw yiss.

Ninjutsu-giving commander could be fun.

just ignore him

Because he feels slighted that someone might not want to advertise his cancer.

If only WOTC would think outside the box with red and white. Seriously, does every commander in those colors have to be combat focused?

They talked about it being Taigam when he was double-dealing with the Sultai, so yeah, likely UB wizard.

Not in this set just vaguely in the future.

Just in terms of precon vs precon, this seems like fun to cast on hungry lynx.

>He forgot about Brion, King of Fling, who Need Not Swing to Win
I know we've got something of a lack of interesting R/W commanders but I'm getting fucking sick of hearing that they're ALL combat focused.

Because what else could Boros do?

Imagine if the wizard deck has azami

Hey, an image of Olivia that doesn't make her look ugly. Crazy.

MLD, but that's badong.

>implying futa Olivia is ugly

Newest Avacyn is kind of fun to build around too, and doesn't NEED to be combat focused.

Boy that's a solid, if not boring commander. But that is something I'd like to try and build around. Hope Ixilan's white vampires are halfway decent.

reprint

Gisela isn't combat based. Her ability works wonders with earthquake and stuff like selfless squire.

Brion gives no fucks about combat.

Depala and Basandra are combat centric in some ways, but can be built differently.

Boros's problems are weak generals, not the niche.

>steal lynx
>replace rat
>sac all vamps for huge kitty

I'm glad to see this printed because it's exactly what I need for my lich combo deck. Though I wish I hadn't bought that chronomantic escape now. When something phases out do you get LtB triggers?

Akiri is also kind of interesting though she isn't really just boros because of partner.

No. It stays on the battlefield but no longer exists. Put a cup over it to replicate the effect.

It doesn't leave; it stops existing altogether. So no, no LTB/ETB.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Gisela.
I remember I once played against a really nasty Gisela control deck. Spot land removal, light stax, and Mana Barbs was a brutal combination.

Archangel Avacyn can be built like Gisela. In fact I would argue that she's great for Boros control if you feel up for a challenge.

I dunno if I can really call a big beater as interesting and not combat based.

You could do Boros Partners though. Tarl and Akiri, playing Myr Battlesphere and swinging for 7 doublestrike lifelink.

Boooooring.

100% forgot about her. She didn't show up when I searched for obvious reasons.

Lets you run fun shit like Mark of Asylum and Hammerfisf Giant.

>Depala and Basandra are combat centric in some ways, but can be built differently.

Basandra can be built completely creatureless. Lots of landmine and rattlesnake effects and opponents kill themselves while you watch.

Basilisk Collar, Repercussion, blink effects. She actually has a couple of build options. It's funny how people build her to either stay as White mode with blink effects, or flip her almost on command for damage.

So how does this work with homing sliver?
Do all your vampires in your hand get slivercycling or vampirecycling?

Oh, I know. I've done it. I switched it to Marchesa, but I know. It is hard to convince people that that isn't "combat centric" centric though.

Even if it doesn't swing for lethal.

It replaces all stances of the chosen type, so the vamps will have vampcycling.

Vampirecycling I'm pretty sure. Creature types can exist within a compound word

>Mairsil

People have ridiculous standards for "combat centric". Which is funny, because at the same time they automatically declare everything that's even slightly combat centric "boring".

I like turning dudes sideways. The fact that it makes "you must have at least 50 counterspells in deck" fags furious makes it even better.

>Thread Question:
>Holy crap, Phasing. What long-dead mechanic do you want to make a return?

B A N D I N G

PLEASE, WIZARDS

>Superfog

I like it, except it should have been called Superfog and been green.

I'm hoping that not all the wizards are just evil wizards and that's why it's Grixis. I have few hopes for that.

the other thing I hope is that it's not secretly zombie tribal with a bunch of wizards in it.

This. I unironically want banding back because the concept of that ability is so fucking cool. HOWEVER they should introduce an errata to the ability that makes it both simpler and stronger (simpler for obvious reasons and stronger because every single card printed with banding is unplayably weak).

>Teferi's Protection
Considering pic related is one of my all time fav cards, this is exactly right up my alley.

>thread question
Numbered Poisonous to return, and for Infect to be banished from existence forever.
The biggest problem with Infect is the ability to buff the creature, especially with combat tricks, to bypass Life and kill someone with a single swing.
Numbered Poisonous was far more balanced because no matter how big a creature got, it still dealt a static amount of poison.

>Vampires you control have protection from Vampires
>at the beginning of your end step, target opponent creates 1/1 black Vampire creature token with deathtouch
>Whenever a Vampire dies, put +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control

that's gonna get nutty real quick

They totally could have bent the pie and make this blue as part of the Wizard deck and to make this playable in Teferi himself.

You don't know that Teferi was a WU Walker in lore, do you?
This makes perfect sense in W, both in flavor and mechanics.

They get slivercycling. Slivercycling isn't a creature type that the card can replace, but even if it was, that would give you a broken rule that does nothing because it would just be the word "vampire" hanging there.

To work how and suggest, the rule would need to be "sliver cycling" rather than "slivercycling"

It's white, so it's a Super Holy Day, like christmas or 4th of july.

Don't forget
Tap: Create X red 1/1 Vampire tokens, where X is the number of Vampires you control.

Ye, this was the kind of stuff I was hoping for.

You can only replace either Cat or Rat, not both.

Yes his actual Planeswalker card and Creature are mono blue, making this unplayable in a Teferi deck.

One creature type, silly.

Fuck off.

This is a white card.

Fuck spaniards on mcmlads

It's weird to me that they can knock it out of the park with interesting and unique designs like this, and then just not try with the generals in this deck.

Doesn't white have the larger majority of "protection" cards

So? You also can't play Teferi's Moat or Teferi's Care or Teferi's Honor Guard in a Teferi deck, are you gonna whine about that too?

It says one creature type, but I think that's just awkward wording since you never chose.

The reminder text says that slivercycling is used to search for slivers. So if what you're saying is true, The vamps will get slivercycling and end up searching for vampires anyway.

That would require some actual insight on user's part

Yes, I do think that is also pretty dumb and hope we somehow get a new UW Teferi in Dominaria.

The defensive part is dead easy to comprehend, just "When a creature with banding blocks, you control how combat damage is dealt by the attacking creature. "

The problem is how do you phrase banding to work with attacking creatures. Maybe just errata it so that "when a creature with banding attacks, any number of other creatures may join its Band. If one creature in a Band is blocked the entire Band is blocked. You control how combat damage is assigned to the Band."

New Blood says "Change the text of that creature by replacing all instances of ONE creature type with Vampire."
>all instances of ONE creature type
>ONE creature type
So either Cat OR Rat, never both.
Never more than one type is changed.

Most cards with phasing were blue before. It wouldn't even be a pie bend.

>abloo bloo bloo, blue doesn't get any nice cards

>he went with silumgar
Dragons weren't a thing in the pre time fuckery Tarkir. He was with Sultai.

I preordered the Vampires deck thinking it would be the black deck of the bunch but it seems to be the stupid red deck instead.
And the commanders are shitty. Nigravamp is a worse Zurgo, Bounty is a worse Marchesa and both their arts are utter crap. Edgar looks good for a low level table but in the world of Atraxa, Breya and Meren, those tables don't exist anymore unless you play with literal retards.

Never preorder shit.