Let me get this straight

Let me get this straight.

If I put $1000 into Verge back in 2016 when it was like .000017 = 58,823,529 XVG.

Then today with Verge at .15 X 58,823,529 = $8,823,529.

What the fuck. Is this actually possible. Is this why you are all in crypto?

Hindsight is 20/20, but yes. Could've put that same amount back in early May and still come out with seven figures.

Do u really think u woulda held that long? Fuck no. U could say the same thing about every stock

yes but you wouldn't be able to cash that out all at once, it would take forever and would hurt the market a lot, dropping the price and giving you reduced profits

>bought 2 million verge at 5 sats
>sold at 20 and 40 sats

J U S T
U
S
T

>Do u really think u woulda held that long?
That's why biz is fucking cancer to cryptos, you NEET retards are up day and night staring at every ebb and flow of the price and freaking out every time it goes up or down. You'd have better fucking luck throwing $1000 in any coin in the top 100 that's under 5 cents and forgetting about it for a year than coming to this shit board and getting bombarded with pajeets and FUDs.

that's what i've been doing, research decent cheap low market cap coins, hold for a year or two and profit

Best advice on the board.

It might be possible, but 99,99% of the time you'll end buying worthless crap.

With so much upside, how isnt it a good strategy to dump $1000 into literally every sub-10mil market cap coin?

That is a great strategy lol. Even if only a handful of them make it; the gains will be so exponential that you will still clean a major profit. And I don’t see many cryptos that fall permanently... some grow faster than others and all have dips and dives but they generally always rise

I sold 15k verge at 28 or 29 cents earlier this week. Re calculate your math using those numbers so you can lose even more sleep lol

if you're not dumb, you can do it repeatedly, especially if you watch what stuff has decent communities that get hyped about their shit

i made easily 50k off about a $300 investment in RDD and up to about 200k to date

shit isn't rocket science, look into the communities and the developers and what the road maps look like. coins with unique tech are better than ones that are just clones of bullshit. let other morons pump and dump and set alerts for when a coin goes above a certain level.

had 120k at .006. that shit will probably haunt me for a while.

this is all part of the board culture my man. have you only been here for a week or something?

What coin you recommend?

TEACH ME MASTER.

Is that because you know I'm right?

>board culture
Shut the fuck up, I've been on biz long before crypto was even a thing. And guess what? People did the same shit back thing with actual stocks, except it was easier to weed out the retards because it wasn't infested with pajeets, normies, and mouth-breathing hype train riders like yourself.

Where do you go to discover new coins? Feel like Veeky Forums is my only news source for that shit

right now i'm mostly in ETH and Sia, few other rando coins, still holding 1M RDD cause i believe in it long term

both are pretty undervalued, and the bulk of my cash is in ETH just because all the forks of BTC are making me nervous about which will come out on top.

ARDR is my most recent pick, already up $1k from when I bought 2000 like a month ago

But behaving like that is fun

crypto twitter, various reddits and such. Veeky Forums is good as are some of the coin forums out there.

research is essential, know what the tech under it is, especially if it's something unique or useful. actual anonymous transaction, proof of stake or other method other than proof of work, quantum-safe algorithm, all things i'm looking for in a coin

Are you a wizard?

Shill me your ultra-low sat coins, and why you think they are a good investment

naw man, just been in crypto since like 2010, was on mt gox and shit, and a coder so i know my way around github

despite whatever FUD about verge, the reality is the price isn't gonna break past where its at because there are millions of coins that are going to be sold off over time because there is no other way to cash out at once, they might let it rise a little but most likely they will just let it maintain around where its at, we are talking 95% of the coin supply

XSPEC i think was one i was meaning to look into recently, since it's got some interesting security features, other than that, i've just been seeing how the bitcoin fork race is shaking out and watching my blockfolio fluctuate

>biz is one person

lol retard
and you talk like you actually have more than a 60 IQ with those holdings kek

who do you follow? i was in this shit longer then my cousine and hemad 3k off ripple while im still holding my dick. He said the same shit twitter and reddit. What one Reddit do you follow? ihave been looking at coin market cap then going to their sub but that shit takes to long

on reddit /r/CryptoCurrency usually, otherwise if you follow various coins and who they're following, you get a decent selection

do your own research faggot did you not take anything from his previous fucking posts?

Tfw I try to read the white paper and the tech but I have no fucking idea what any of this shit means

thanks. I was in back in the gox days aswell. I moved my shit to btc-e when they got shut down and said fuck it ill sit and forget. I came back a couple months ago and this site got shut down. i had 3 btc. Wtf happened,

also who do you follow on twitter?

I don't care about tech and internet neutrality bullshit I want to make money

don't really have a list of crypto people but they're easy enough to find by just searching for people talking about crypto and seeing who they retweet

oh yeah, they got hacked and went bankrupt in japan, did you get in on the settlement? i had like 0.8btc sitting on there when they went under, dude who was running it is gonna make out like a bandit if they let him pay out cash at the time of the bankruptcy instead of current value

let tell fact. unless u drop 1000$ in and went to coma , wake now. other than this u gonna sell 99.99999999999% some time in these two yrs. .00000001% chance being u in coma

no i had like 0.0003 or someshit. Do you know what happend to btc-e?

nah no clue

don't ever sell 100%, at least hold 5-10% when something spikes in case it keeps on going

i had 3 btc on there and i went back to log in when the shit was at 19k. but the site was taken over by the feds or something

feel free to leave if you dont like it my man. its strange how it upsets you so much. for the record i can guarantee ive been here longer than you

That's ironically what I've been doing. I mainly just come here for the entertaining posts

kys

there is no need to be upset right now user

Yeah, feds took over btc-e because they believe some of the mt gox funds were laundered through btc-e, they could tell because the deposit address swept to an internet btc-e address but did not go through any users deposit address so they pinned laundering some of the mt gox hacked funds on people working in btc-e so they shut down btc-e so that the mt gox funds and the btc-e funds will be lost forever.

most faggots on here dont even have 1000 bucks. You are associating with teenagers and autistic men who live alone in basements dreaming og changing thier lives through this external means called crypto. Where do you fall in the demographic?

I prefer 1/3rds... always sell a third off for trading. Other 2/3rds are for hodling.

You’ll lock in a profit and can buy back cheaper

XVG was/is the biggest shitcoin you can imagine. Only people holding for that long were those in coma or prison.

that's a decent strategy too, usually it's whatever i happen to feel at the time

i had a mil until mcafee mentioned it and sold 95% as fast as i could, sold the rest today

I wanna do this but I dont know dick about crypto. Is there a way to set alerts or whatever when it goes above a certain price

blockfolio will do alerts at thresholds for coins you hold

I did not sell.

Sweet, thanks man

So my best bet is to put something like $1000 into some emerging coin like, let's say, ripple and go to sleep for like two-three years then wake up a millionaire?

Yes but not xrp

What's your horse then?

tron

Trx ftw long rerm

what do you think about chain link?
also should i cut my losses on ripple? i got in at 1.08

Eh, IOC has some serious potential if the dev and 1 man marketing team can pull their heads out of their asses. Their wallet is shit (multiple patches and buggy) but the backend stuff is solid regarding the aliases and lightening fast transactions.

Check out colx. Yes I'm holding some so I have a vested interest, but volume is building nicely...

Xvg has been my best performer so far. Turned $200 Into $10k cashed out and still got a nice stack of xvg in case it ever does truly go anywhere after this absurd run is over

>>board culture
>Shut the fuck up, I've been on biz long before crypto was even a thing.
KEK. Look at this fucking newfag. Veeky Forums was literally opened because of crypto threads on /g/.

>under 5 cents
fucking retard confirmed kek
price does not matter you idiot, more coins = lower price

>wow this coin can moon so hard there are 100 billions of them so it's only 1 cent !!

I agree about the hold part though.