EDH/Commander General /edhg/

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/
"Lesser Known Tribes" Edition

Previous: >Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What tribes do you wish WotC had gone for?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= [Wizard]&text= [Enters] [the] [battlefield]&color= ![W] ![G]
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-queens-good-stuff/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Skeletons, Bears, or Fungus.

>finally found the guy who commands my minotaurs
>have to wait million of years for more viable minotaur tools

zzzzzzz

I'm pretty content with Vampires and Wizards, but I really wanted Spirits. Especially after we got a bunch of new spirits matter cards in SOI.

>thread question
Grixis horrors with a discard reanimator subtheme. I would never play anything else.

new wiz commander isnt actually good unless they print cards to go along with it
fight me

>5C Cost reducer
>worst

Wizard > Dragon >> Vampire > Cat

The cat could make some explosive plays for 1v1 but in multiplayer it's dead in the water. Edgar slightly less so but he's still fairly easily cleaned out. Ur Dragon does exactly what his tribe needs but is only servicable. Wizard Chick could be good but it'll take a day or two for folks to break her in half.

Spirits, Horrors with ETB and LTB effects, Skeletons, sea monsters all in a single deck since it always sounded kinda dumb having Serpent, Kraken, Leviathan and Octopus as separate types.

What said. I'd love to have gotten Horrors as one of my favorite tribes. Faeries, Kor (as the equipment tribal), and Spirits would've been cool too. I have to say that I'm happy with Wizards at least.

>What tribes do you wish WotC had gone for?

I just want a Mardu Samurai Commander, that's all. I don't even care if it just ends up a shitty Tribal deck (it would) I still want it.

>unless they print cards that go along with it
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&subtype= [Wizard]&text= [Enters] [the] [battlefield]&color= ![W] ![G]

>cards to go along with it
You mean like any wizard with an ETB or a tap-ability you'd care to use on your own turn?

>Serpent, Kraken, Leviathan and Octopus
Should've just done them all as Sea Monster and called it a day. Everyone knows that Saint Traft is the best sea monster commander though.

Ninjas and they shouls have used thd opportunity to make some more common and uncommon ninjas so they can make it a thing in masters sets

Sultai Fair Folk (Fairies and Elves)

>TFW you fucked up the OP and put the header between Gatherer and Magiccards.info

Kill me now. Ugh, not worth deleting and remaking this crap over though.

>your own turn
Pretty sure she doesn't have that restriction.

>Griffin's have tribal support
>Horses have tribal support
>Gorgons do not
At this point I would not be surprised if Camel or Monkey Tribal happens first

there is not much worthwhile here, yet.
We really need wiz with decent etbs in order to make this commander anything more than meh
yeha sure you get mnemonic wall effects, and getting card selection
but unless you are tying to win with wizard punch or god help you... keeping 5 wizards on the field for about 10 turns

M8 it's a fucking emblem, did you forget?

>Thread Question
Give me Bear/Druid tribal damnit, I just want to be able to play all the functional reprints of Grizzly Bears.

Most wizards lack flash though.

Spirits.

Also am I the only one who hates the goad mechanic?

It's in U. The color that can give all your shit flash super easy.
Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation say hi.

I don't get the excitement about the new Wizard commander. It will be complete cancer.

Still worse than Azami, but cancer nonetheless. There's nothing interesting to be had because brain dead conspiracy combos or generic goodstuff.

Goad is fine and very Red. What don't you like about it?

Does artificer have tribe support? I know servo/thopter does, but what about the dudes who make them?

and yet without worthwile wizard etbs its worse than other even crosis

What sort of etb effect would you like? Arhaemoancer + time warps is already insane with this commander

Mostly I dislike it because they have to attack another player. If they just had to attack it would be fine, because I could punch the red bastard in the face for making me attack.

Yes

It is a little weak, but it is a fun mechanic in that it works well with multiplayers and still does something in 1v1.

It was a lot of fun in draft.

They don't need to be etb.
There's also ltb and any tap effects, since the copies come in with haste and untapped.

:^)

you casting that timewarp at instastpeed or do you just assume you have 2 of the like 4 extra turn effects that dont exile in your yard when you cast your 5 mana restock
which is normally 5 mana anyway

Archeomancer, Venser, Snapcaster, Dualcaster aren't good enough for you?

My friend has this sliver queen planeswalker tribal deck he wanted me to get some feedback even if anyone thinks its shit he's not very bright if it helps

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-queens-good-stuff/

>looking out for the Dragon deck
>new dragons seem actual fun
>ur-dragon looks more fun then scion
>mfw realizing i'll need ten fetches and shocks

Too op
Bans imminent

Oh, you're not a Red player and complaining about Goad.
Look at this man and laugh.
Goad has been the first good thing for EDH Red has gotten in a long time.
Red is far and away the weakest color in EDH, and it sorely needed the small bit of help Goad gave it.

And teferi, a fuckig wizwrd

Fuck fetches. Be a man and run shitty lands rather than breaking your wallet.

So Sundial of the Infinite lets the wizard tokens stay around indefinitely, right?
Same interaction as Sedris?

not good enough to build an entire deck around, no.
like I said im willing to give them the opportunity to spoil more decent wizards but as is its strictly meh

It's possible, but never "super-easy"

Kitty is very strong in 1v1, not so much in 75% and strong in casual battlecruiser.
Edgar Winter Group is going to be a fun fucking commander, but will be Skullclamp or Die.
Ur-Dragon is pure timmy bait, it's easily the weakest. If I'm running 5c dragons, I'm running toned down Scion Druid combo. Scion is way easier to turn online and work with.
Wizard tits is pretty much "You better have Snappy or don't even fucking bother". Will probably replace Jeleva in cEDH lists since they never cast the bitch. Conspiracy effects and flash enablers are traps.

I'd rather have Taigam and make my time warps uncounterable, without extra mana investment. That bald fucker is easily MVP of the set.

Rats. Skeletons. Oozes. Elementals. Spirits. Treefolk. Go on, take your pick.

>shocks
>not running the A/U/B/R duals

Have fun dying to your mana base. :^)

>Cat Blacksmith comes in with a hammer, and some really retarded looking glasses

Try snap + archaemoncer + time warp ya dingus

That reminds me. How the days go by...

And the Black part of the card then comes into play.
Demonic Tutor and nearly every other tutor say Hi.

I like goad because of it's wonkiness. I have some goad in my Zedruu deck to further reroute damage off of myself. Also, forcing one guy to attack the other player with your card seems annoying enough to get a giggle out of me

Azami + inshalla means all your wizards tap for 2 cards instead of 1

Care to explain?

>wasting a d-tutor on vedalken orrery
Yikes

You're putting in an awful lot of effort to make this trick work. I honestly doubt flashing wizards opens enough more playables to be worth the package: ones with tap abilities you can afford to use when they normally come down (ie: your turn) are going to be way better for her.

Anyone posted this one yet?

What do artificers even do as a tribe? Thopter/Servo production is just connected to them through flavor.

Jeleva helps with storm casting stuff for free though, it's not gonna change I think.

The 'another player' clause isn't the end-all of the ability.
If all other opponents have some type of pillowfort-like effect or if they(the Goader) are the only remaining opponent, you're forced to attack them.
I think the flavor fits rather well with a scheming politician provoking his enemies/false-flagging betrayal theme.

It isn't like it costs much to have her in the command zone. This is an incidental benefit. You can make the rest of the grixis deck do whatever you want.

>snap + archaemoncer + time warp
exactly what are you trying to do here
>pay 4 for regrow effect
>pay 1 for regrow effect
>regrow snap and time warp
>cast snap
>untap 2 lands
>cast time warp
am I missing something here?

Doing it again on extra turn?

She has to attack though, which requires either slots or your opponents being idiots.

Grixis storm has to run Snappy and shit, so this seems like completely free value.

I know she was just in last thread but fucking hell, I had a feeling they were saving the best for last.

>So Sundial of the Infinite lets the wizard tokens stay around indefinitely, right?
yes
>Same interaction as Sedris?
Yes in that they will stick around, no in that it doesn't get rid of Undying's perma exile if the creature were ever to LtB (sans-flicker)

It's infinite turns m8. Starting at 9 mana, but only using cards that were already good, time warp and snap can be in he gy or hand

We've already gone over this. Most extra turn effects don't exile, helped by three functionally equivalent copies of the same card.
>b-but I can't afford Capture of Jingzhou!
Get a fucking job.

I still don't get why people like this.

Pure cancer in every form.

yeha i mean congrats on spending 10 mana a turn to take extra turns
needing to see 3 specific effects with only a handful of redundancy
strictly meh

This thing plus Sever the Bloodline, because fuck non-legendaries.

Right, I forgot about that last bit on Sedris anyway
Thanks

>9 mana
thats 10 bro
5 mana for time warp
4 for archmancer
1 for clone

???

We don't like it and everyone's been in agreement since Oloro that Eminence is a really stupid and blatantly OP mechanic.
But people play it because it's OP and they have to feel good about themselves by playing OP shit, just like with Meren and Atraxa and Leovold before he was banned.

she should have had a weaker body desu

Play time warp, play archaemoancer no clone

Next turn, play land, snap archaemoancer, play it, clone it, play time warp

Etc etc

Starting at 9

>playing OP shit
its not op in any way shape or form
unless they print some insane etbs on wizards in this set

I actually thought the other eminence cards were fairly costed for how relatively minor and restrictive their effect was.

Then this bitch shows up. Wizards don't fucking have an identity. It is all just generic good stuff. Why couldn't they do clerics or rogues, fuck.

>play it (4), clone it (1), play time warp (5)
10 mana you mong

Is this bait?

Elk

>you play a land that reduces costs instead of tapping for mana
lol

It is a fun "fuck everything" combo, but it won't affect tokens, since by the rules tokens aren't "cards".

Rats. There's a lot of anti-rat tech in the cat deck so it seemed like an opposition thing.

I wanted an Eldrazi commander with "If ~ is your commander, you may include any colorless or eldrazi cards in your deck regardless of their color identity". That way I could play a deck with all the "colors" of eldrazi and devoid spells and still have a dumb colorless commander.

I would laugh if they made a rat deck and it had like 20 relentless rats on it.

Not him and I don't have the full thing about it on hand, but there was something about a messed up lore piece saying Saint Traft was eaten by a sea monster or something.

You are not getting that if you are playing a single decent wizard in your deck, this general is more worthwhile than 8 of the available 13 grixis generals.

Because she does something for nothing. You don't need slots for greaves like Crosis or Nicol Bolas. You don't need to spend thirty mana for a minor effect like Sedris or Garza.

The Mardu Marchesa is actually pretty good for that.

Fuck you, this is the Wizard commander I've been waiting for.

Her ability is maybe about one mana more worth of value, and she has to pay mana to use it. Maybe 2 in the case of Arahbo comparing roughly to strengh of the fallen and Arahbo is actually a pretty nice effect in 1v1 to get for free. All the eminence effects are powerful.

>Because she does something for nothing.
Eminence is such a shit mechanic. But then again, I would be a fool if I expected wotc to not shit up the format.

Right but you started the turn before that with 9 mana. I'm saying you can start your infinite turns at 9 mana because your first extra turn ramps you 1

She's good for any aggressive Mardu tribe. Monarchy is an extremely underrated mechanic.

>tfw people will have the same hate for me they have for Meren, Breya, or Atraxa players because I planned to pick the wizard deck up before it got spoiled
Man, fuck this. This is the worst timeline.

that something either requires you to play wizard cards you otherwise wouldnt or takes up the command zone slot, one of the most powerful things about edh.
Hard pass as is desu
this is why Zur is the best esper commander and oloro is just mildly annoying

Oh yeah? So you can fucking Demonic Tutor for you Lab Man? Fuck you.

Fuck Wizard decks. They're all the same. Because if you aren't doing the only good thing with wizards, you're playing trash like this that does fuck all.

Yes, and no. Capture of Jingzhou is too expensive to purchase on a whim. But there are more non-exile extra turns than there are exile. Part the Waterveil, Temporal Trespass, Temporal Mastery, Expropriate, and Ugin's Nexus and Gonti's Aether Heart if you want to include those.

>your first extra turn ramps you 1
no guarantee of that when you already need to have 9 mana before unless you run like 60 lands

I just wanted to do goofy Wizard shenanigans, but shit like Lab Man always give them a bad rep. This isn't my fault.