MtG Cube/Limited General

Who /2^3/ here? I just finished up draft 1 of a list, it's a Peasant Cube with Conspiracy support. Singleton was broken very carefully to enable some conspiracies. Investigating Squadron Hawk and Faerie Miscreant, and later Timberwatch Wolf.

cubetutor.com/draft/85119

Other Limited players welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cube is best format.

Prove me wrong.

Bruh I ain't fighting you there man, it's a beautiful thing, almost a board game of its own accord, only problem is you need 8 people to play, even then without, you can still to 1v1 sealed. But you can't play a more fair and accessible game of Vintage anywhere less on God's good Earth than via Cube.

This Peasant Conspiracy is my second Cube, my first is a powered Vintage Cube I call the Irresponsible Cube because I'm managing it extremely poorly; allegedly I put Astral Slide and Lightning Rift in a Cube with zero relevant cycling cards. I hope to manage this new Cube much more fastidiously.

Is there a single archetype that Black can work in in HOU or is that entire color just complete garbage that should never be touched? I'm really bad at drafting (bad in MTGO, I consistently steal at least two packs from my LGS every friday) and this is my first block of playing serious magic ever so my opinion about black might be worth shit.

why doesn't Veeky Forums talk about limited ever

Black is extremely good in draft. It has the most potent removal card, and some of the more intense pay offs for synergies.
Removal such as Hour of Glory, Promised end, and Torment of Venom are extremely consistent and always good in the draft environment. Weaker ones such as Splendid Agony and Grind to Dust are still very strong, and fall into the -1/-1 archetype you'll find in BGR very nicely.
It has very consistant and powerful cards such as Nest of Scarbs if you got them Torments and Splendids, as well as creatures like Soul Stinger, Bitterbow Sharpshooter, and Baleful Amuit as powerful creature-esque cards.
It's probably the best color for a mid range or control deck. It's agro is a little weak as most of it's low drops are defenive in nature, or are intended to synergize with the -1/-1 effects or cycling. IE: Bitter bow sharp shooter, Dune beetle, Doomed Dissenter, and Festering Mummy.

Bumping, can't wait for the copies of Channel and Opposition to arrive for my Vintage Cube; after that the only archetype I need to focus on is Death and Taxes.

How's HOU? I heard it was a drastically different environment from the hyperaggressive AKH set; something about heavy ramp strategies?

HOU is a lot slower though agro can still be very potent if you draft properly.
GU ramp is strong, but i honestly am not the biggest fan due to a lot of it's good pieces being only in pack 3.

I am bringing a peasant cube to Gencon if any of you fags are going to be there.

My goal is to have at least one cube draft every day. Got the long box, got DS Matte sleeves, got Team bags for packs.

Who's gonna be there?

Bump

So I've been thinking of putting a cube together, and have narrowed down a few ideas. Either Ravnica, "basic" Magic, or a Phyrexia draft.

Aside from the Scars/New Phyrexia cards, what would you do for nonblack Phyrexian cards? Cards like Mirri the Cursed, or flowstone cards work. Should I throw in shadow and Kor cards from the old sets in the other colors?

not op but I've been considering creating a limited general as well.

Thanks OP, you're not a fag.

Question: what cards do you think are severely underrated in HOUR OF DEVASTATION limited?

Black have lots of good removals in HOU

HOU introduced some very powerful payoff for going ramp.

I have no idea how to make a cube but as a player i would rather play a cube with good synergy cards than one with story themes.

We'll, I personally think a Ravnica Cube counts as a "basic" Cube given your inevitable focus to 2 Color combinations.

As far as non-NPH villainy in other colors is concerned (which is what I'm assuming you're asking for), Akroma and her armies were white; so are the SOI Angels who went crazy. Blue has Memnarch and the Mirrodin Vedalken, green you'd be remiss not to think of Lorwyn Elves and Red I'm sure you'll find something.

And for all five colors you can have Slivers, while not inherently evil, their hive minded desire for survival has put them on the dangerous side of things.

Been working on a Discard Matters cube (Cycling, Delirium, Threshold, Delve). Do I really need two color subthemes?

Not really, I'm pretty sure every Vintage Cube will always have one bloke on Grixis, another on BUG and a third on Esper while the rest scrabble into either Jeskai or a UB/UW combination while the last bloke gets to play Mono Red. What's I'm trying to say it that U is just a very central Color in the Vintage Cube; I'm sure if you built a Discard Matters Cube, you'd find majority of players trying to work their way into UB/BG type colors with a third splash. In that event, just let it go that way!

Guild combination strategies are just what we recommend responsible, new Cube Builders who want everyone to have a fair, responsible and evenly good time. If you want three guys on the table to be able to go T1 Swamp, Exile Simian Spirit Guide, Faithless Looting, Dark Ritual, Goryo's Vengeance an Emrakul, please be my guest.

OP here, bumping, made a few more touch ups to my Peasant Conspiracy Cube; give it a draft!

We've done tons of 6 man cube drafts and they've been excellent. We just do round robin games afterward instead of your typical bracket style

I've tried a ravnica cube before and the problem was that some of the guilds are just way more powerful, especially in cube, then the others.

Particularly, GW was way more powerful than, for instance, WB, or UG

Just drafted a pretty solid RG deck if I do say so myself

I'M SO FUCKING BAD AT MAGIC

I'VE SPENT OVER A HUNDRED DOLLARS PLAYING DRAFT AND I HAVEN'T WON A SINGLE PACK, I TRIED FRIENDLY SINGLE LEAGUE INSTEAD AND I JUST WENT 0-4 IN THAT TOO

IT'S SO EASY TO BEAT THE PEOPLE AT MY LGS SO HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET PRACTICE FOR THE SHARKS ONLINE

I'M SO FUCKING BAD HOLY SHIT AHHHHHHHHH