Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What sort of organizations have your characters worked for? Are there any organizations you'd like one of your characters to work for?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-hidden-strength
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/herd-animals/camel
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/exploration-movement/
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/wilderness/terrain/desert-terrain/
paizo.com/threads/rzs2ui71&page=2?Can-grenades-be-retrieved#75
d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity/
d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/movement/#Table-Terrain-and-Overland-Movement
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/skeletal-champion-cr-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Archery questions.

Magic arrows will have their properties stack with properties of a magic bow, but not their enhancement bonus... right? If I take a +1 Flaming bow and shoot +1 Shocking arrows from it, the arrows hit enemies as +1 Flaming Shocking arrows? What if the enhancement bonus on the arrow is higher than the bow's enhancement bonus?

>If I take a +1 Flaming bow and shoot +1 Shocking arrows from it, the arrows hit enemies as +1 Flaming Shocking arrows?
Correct

>What if the enhancement bonus on the arrow is higher than the bow's enhancement bonus?
You use the higher of the two bonuses. They do not stack.

You use the higher of the enhancement bonuses for attack/damage.
According to recent FAQ, however, for purposes of ignoring DR by enhancement (e.g. how +3 lets you ignore DR/Cold Iron and DR/Silver), only the actual arrow's enhancement counts, but not the bow's.

But weapons confer their bonus to projectiles. A +5 bow would be incapable of doing fuck-all against DR if non-magical arrows can't get through.

If I have a bow that has an effective +10 enhancement bonus (5 from actual enhancement, 5 from abilities) and arrows with an effective +10 bonus (5 from actual enhancement and 5 from abilities the bow doesn't have) then what? DO the arrows have an effective +15 bonus because of the +5 actual enhancement bonus and +10 abilities, or do some of the abilities get turned off because weapons can't have an effective enhancement bonus greater than +10?

Huh. Well, good thing Clustered Shots exists.

FAQ are retarded. More at 11.

Paizo are morons, thanks for realizing it.

I once played an elven Sandman Bard who worked as a publicist for a Barbarian in a PF/Dragon Age game.

Other than that, I'm always the DM.

In the PF/Forgotten Realms game I'm running, I'd like to work for the Mercanes.

I have a question about travel.

I'm currently running a desert campaign for my group. They've decided to travel from the relative safety of the coast to head inland and explore the continent. I've made the inland desert a fairly nasty place; little water or food, almost no wood for fires. The party has purchased camels for travel, and they just realized that water management is going to be a big issue. I looked at the rules and googled a lot, but camel travel doesn't seem to include much for overland travel. Can anyone tell me how fast a party of 6 on camels can travel? The vast majority of the desert they will explore is virgin, and there really aren't trails or roads to take. Also if a barrel weighs 30 lbs,, how much does a full barely weigh? I want water consumption and usage to be a factor for a little while, at least until they get more powerful. In addition to that, they have an auto-cartographer item that maps terrain in eyesight. Does mapping terrain slow daily travel? Any suggestions to slow daily travel? I'd prefer crossing the desert to be a major sort of accomplishment, rather than just get through it quickly.

That is why I decided to go through and upvote all the mechanical questions.

Has your campaign considered bringing at least 1 caster with the Create Water cantrip?

I gave the PCs in a game I ran a magic bell that would summon a mercane, because most of that campaign was going to be spent out in the wilderness and away from magic item shops. But then they never used it, because the one PC who carried the bell was convinced that it must be cursed or that mercanes (which the entire party failed their knowledge checks on) are evil, because the bell was found in the possession of an evil cleric. Later, when that PC's player left the campaign and his PC left the party, the bell came up as the other PCs went through some stuff that he left behind. Since they hadn't seen a shop peddling anything more magical than a potion of shield, the party was excited to use it. The mercane sold them a wand of CLW, a wand of Infernal Healing, an Ironman suit, a few +2 weapons, and some other bits.

But they're still terrified of the mercane, because I described it as, "a tall, blue-skinned man whose hands have too few fingers and head has too many eyes" and now they think mercanes are some Cthulhu Mythos thing.

Who else wants to be a crew of undead pirates preying on the weak fleshlings?

>d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-hidden-strength
Why is this so cheap? what am I missing?

A camel's movement speed is 50 ft., so it can travel 5 miles in an hour while walking, and 40 miles in a day.

>d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/herd-animals/camel
>d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/exploration-movement/

Here are some desert hazards:

>d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/wilderness/terrain/desert-terrain/

Once per day?

>DHB posts his intrigue character
>has a Christmas cake daughter
>has several other marriageable aged daughter
Delicious

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask but does anyone have "In the Company of Giants?" I think it was Rite Publishing that made it. I'm using what's on the SRD but there are apparently feats that aren't on there.

You have no idea, kid

Fuck, I need to sleep more, I dismissed the first sentence as flavour and not rules and didn't even read it.

>Being pirates when you can be conquerors

I want to play a mandroid technoskeleton!

>This pleases the skeleton king.

Why are those skeletons being led by a fleshy? Has the skull image on his armor fooled them?

Those are progressive skeletons. They are not shallow bones, they see the true beauty within.

Heard the starfinder full corebook got leaked

The rules don't cover nearly enough for that.

There are many questions people still have in regards to basic mechanics especially when it comes to ships and vehicles.

Things like "why can't a point-weapon capable of hitting micromissiles target a vesk in power-armor"

Or "who the fuck thought cheek pouches made up for all the drawbacks?"

Why would you want take freedom away when you could be freedom personified ?
bad taste user.

Despite the name and what the title there promises, the series actually had skeletons as the bad guys, and the fleshy there was the main character who wins against them with light and stuff.

Someone should ask what the fuck is up with envoys and exocortexes on that reddit AMA.

They'll probably ignore it, but at least get those sycophants too dumb to realize there's a problem to notice it maybe.

So what do they think of Wolverine, then?

How drool.

Why not both?

Play the Githyanki Incursion campaign, but do it from the other side as a group of undead privateers under Queen Vlaakith.

Gimme some starfinder background inspiration.

Wherr would you go to start a new life?

Yes, they have a cleric and he will almost certainly always prepare create water. However, I've made the creation of water something very rare and coveted. (Decanters of endless water are items that kingdoms have fought and died for.) His cleric's backstory involves extra dimensional travel, so he is actually one of the rare beings that can create water. (This will lead to interesting encounters later, where others will want to imprison him and use him as a water maker.) I won't infringe on my player's abilities, but otherwise water is rare. Also, the player isn't always present and I refuse to play characters when players are gone. So they won't always have water from him.

Thank you very much. I was confused looking at the charts earlier, and frankly was about to just house rule some things. So this means if the camel can move 40 a day, it can move 20 over trackless terrain. Does that make the encumbered camel's speed 35 feet assuming heavy encumbrance?

Into the back bunk with a hotass engineer.

They see the the Venus de Milo of their time trapped by a malevolent being who wishes to trap the greatest work of art within the confines of his personal gallery of flesh.

>How drool.

Droll, user. It's spelled "droll"

What are the options?

DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA, DA-DA-DA!

That guy on the bottom right is my kind of guy, especially if the handcuffs and flog are for that cutie

It seems that Owen K.C. Stephens has clarified the matter on grenades here:

paizo.com/threads/rzs2ui71&page=2?Can-grenades-be-retrieved#75
>Owen K. C. Stephens Developer, Starfinder Team

>Since I just wrote this out for the AMA anyway:
>Grenades are ranged weapons. Their description on page 183 is clear on that point. As a result, they use Strength as the bonus to their attack rolls. Grenades are heavy, and getting them within 5 feet of where you want them is about heft of throw as much as anything, and that's how thrown weapons work (the same is true of alchemist's fire in Pathfinder, for example).
>Grenades do NOT have the thrown special weapon quality. This means they do not add Strength modifier to damage, and are not reusable. While science-fi does have some reusable grenades in it, the general definition of grenade defines a one-use item. If we ever opt to have reusable grenades, we'll call them out as exceptions.
>The save DCs for grenades is based on Dexterity, and this is where your finesse of proper placement comes in.
>Sadly, that is handled incorrectly in a a spot in the book. It's a known issue, and one we'll address sometime after the release date.

Does this not make grenades somewhat weak, being terribly expensive and also MAD between Strength and Dexterity?

Can someone have Weapon Specialization in grenade launchers, thereby gaining the level-based damage bonus to grenades? That would be one way to salvage the damage-based grenades, at least.

How drool.

Top Left, Top Right, Middle Right, and Bottom Left have the best tastes.

The grenade meme is finally over.

They're not THAT weak, though. Bows were the best ranged option in Pathfinder and they required MAD Strength and Dexterity. Additionally, your Dex/Str goes up very quickly if you dump some attribute bonuses into them- any score under 17 gets a +2, not just a +1.

It takes more weight for a camel to reach heavy encumbrance.

>d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity/
>Quadrupeds can carry heavier loads than bipeds can. Multiply the values corresponding to the creature’s Strength score from Table: Carrying Capacity by the appropriate modifier, as follows: Fine ×1/4, Diminutive ×1/2, Tiny ×3/4, Small ×1, Medium ×1-1/2, Large ×3, Huge ×6, Gargantuan ×12, Colossal ×24.

A medium load for a camel is 400 lbs, and a heavy load is 600 lbs.

>d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/movement/#Table-Terrain-and-Overland-Movement

The speed drops to 20 miles a day.

Yes, the encumbered camel's speed is 35 ft. for a medium or heavy load.

Now that I've typed all that out, I feel like there's a math error.

Someone needs to make this game.

How hot we talking?

Prices need to be adjusted, but (extrapolating from IRL) grenades are more for throwing around corners, into holes, down stairs...not as a primary weapon.

Then again, now that I consider it, a grid intersection is merely AC 5. As such, it seems that any would be grenade-user should stock up on Dexterity; the attack roll will matter only during the earliest of levels.

That still makes grenades rather cost-ineffective. Will a grenade launcher with Weapon Specialization be the only way to try to save them?

Hopefully they'll answer some of the ship questions. I'm also curious about deadly aim and gunnery.

So I'm trying to prep for a Starfinder game, planning on playing a Human with the Spacefarer Theme, cause I'm trying to go for a Starlord-esque Character but I'm not sure what Class would be the best to Achieve this. I was thinking Operative -> Bounty Hunter but not sure if that is close.

Any thoughts?

I'd settle for something on this level

I'm too busy barley farming, and I don't have the Dungeon and Polyhedron magazines with the campaign information for the Incursion campaign.

College? Space College?

engines make me hot too

where's the pdf?

Setting up a new game with an old group. One of my players wants to be a skeleton warrior, with an axe. What's the best way to do this? Off the top of my head the only skeleton PC's I know of are Death Knights from 3.something, and Liches.

Kaylee is cute! CUTE!

I think that math is right from what I've gathered. The party will likely be encumbered with a medium/ heavy load most of the time, and they'll be going through trackless land except for a few choice areas. So that encumbered movement further drops mileage. They won't be within light load range except for when they've drained their water barrels. Which brings me to another dilemma.
I looked at the waterski in the ultimate equipment, and a waterski weighs 4 lbs full, or 2 lbs empty. They will be using water barrels, and I can't find any place where it says the weight of water per gallon. I also don't see anywhere that says how much a barrel holds. In hot environments, they'll need double water rations. (They plan to travel at night to mitigate this.) Any clue as to how I ought to measure water weight? A gallon of water weighs a bit more than 8 lbs. That would mean 16 lbs for 2 gallons of water per day when it's especially hot. And that's not including their camels. I assume that camels just drink the same amount of water as any character needs, but I'll probably alter that as needed.

As another note, if I can't find an answer I'll just play it by ear.

Best bet is to use the Skeletal Champion template somehow. Maybe take away the racial HD.

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/skeletal-champion-cr-1/

>letting a PC play something that's immune to just about everything
Don't.

Starfinder campaign WHEN

Can't really play an actual Skeleton, but a Vigilante with Guise of Unlife will let you be a skeleton on all levels except physical.

When you start one.

Hmm. What stuff are skellingtons NOT immune to?

Turn Undead

Osteoporosis

Starfinder campaign featuring Aqua WHEN

Blunt objects

featuring perhaps.

but never starring.

I want to make Aqua cry!

Just take her booze away.

Or threaten to kill her ice elemental!

>Expecting quality design from Paizo

You fags enjoy this pain, admit it.

Is it just me, or are shirren perhaps the most potent non-human race in the core rulebook?

They have blindsense, limited telepathy, a bonus to a couple of skills, and 5e-style advantage on a single d20 roll once per day.

The blindsense, in particular, will be particularly useful.

On another note, is it just me, or will an awful lot of casting-focused mystics and technomancers spring for Heavy Armor Proficiency as their first feat? A human, half-elf, or half-orc mystic or technomancer can have Dexterity 14 and Intelligence/Wisdom 18 and wear heavy armor.

Tell me what your first weapon in Starfinder will be!

I don't wanna know race, I don't wanna know theme, I just wanna know what your character will be bringing into battle!

Good old-fashioned semi-automatic pistol.

A stick.

Railgun. Always a railgun

This user gets me.

I want a laser rifle, or a gyrojet!

>Or "who the fuck thought cheek pouches made up for all the drawbacks?"
Ya know I keep hearing ratfolk are shit but never why. The only demerit I can see is that they get 2 racial HP, but that won't really matter past 1st level.

Friendly reminder that the Railguns are actually known as "Magnetar" rifles, and are actually really good!

I was just looking at them and thinking they seem like one of the better races mechanically. Being able to stand up from prone as a swift action seems like a nice ability in a game where everyone's using guns. Not worth playing a cartoon rat for, but not bad.

>the cabal is using voice chat

The longest, flashiest, and impracticalest weapon available!

Probably a plasma rifle!

What drawbacks?

What page is that on, user?
And are they coilguns, gaussian linear acceleration, or some other form of electromagnetic induction fueled tools of destruction?

Fucking munchkin.

A whip-like heat rod.

Any thoughts, I'm still not sure what would be the best class to make the character Starlord-esque.

So, Starfinder doesn't have any form of matter fabrication in it, right? No 3D printing of weapons or food assembled from stock on a molecular level in minutes for your convenience?

What's wrong with voice? Are you some poorfag who can't afford a mic or a faggot who thinks his voice sounds weird?

Page 176, also known as Page 91 in the PDF!

The illusion's been broken: We can never pretend to be cute anime girls around each other again.

(I don't mind much knowing there's a man behind the other side of the screen, personally though)