Warmasters' Triumvirate XXV

Mildly Heretical Edition

Warmasters Triumvirate is an attempt at creating yet another 40k AU. The Primarchs have changed, and instead of appointing a single Warmaster upon returning to Terra, the Emperor is critically wounded on Ullanor. In order to make sure the Great Crusade continues, the Warmasters' Triumvirate is put in place. Tensions start running high and this eventually culminates in a civil war between Loyalists, Chaos Traitors and Separatists...

Docs: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqd6RLLgvLdYCIoLCHhQkidgXIsKUzrugyWu6pthEM

Chapter Constructor: bitbucket.org/chaptergenerator/chaptergenerator/downloads

Previous thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/54639397/

Thread goals:
>Attempt to get through the Brotherwar
>Determine what happens at the Battle of New Hope
>Determine when the Ruinstorm is created, and exactly who does it
>Determinate how the Eastern Black Crusade goes down
>Figure out what happens during the rest of the Brotherwar
>Describe the Siege of Terra
>Explain the Scouring
>Finish up the Rise of the Ecclesiarchy
>Start the path towards the War of the Beast

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1TmKeNMplcUy4CaJ03kG0-zB7ez2vMdLpjXvhoUt5gXs/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=uXG9v1_X8jc
docs.google.com/document/d/17-kTDZecaXjHdWpWdeCtu2npjveL-5ghEmRrTky0S2Y/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the Ninth

now we just have to hope that Marduk's user turns up and deploys a picture of the Leviathan Host for post nine

I wish the Chapter Constructor had stuff for Terminator armor. I'm enjoying playing around with it too much.

It's addicting

Putting last thread's prompt into this one in case some people missed it.

---------------------------------
What was your primarch and legion doing at the Battle of Terra. If they weren't present, what were they doing?

I think we should start thinking about what the legions/chapters do after the scouring.

The Sentinels (and their successor chapters) increase their efforts in the construction of the Imperial Ring. A series of fortress worlds surrounding Imperial Space. Once that's completed, Je'She leaves alongside Kincaid, if I recall correctly

The Blades return to Kadir and start organizing the Sucessor's creation.

Isn't Kadir in Sep territory?

So far, it is. But I've to move it, unless the Seps get their territory cropped in that place. I'm planning to have it near Caliban. Distance to Terra isn't that important I think, because Linares' discovery is made thanks to a message sent by the Kadirians, and that makes Empy set course to Kadir, and there He found the Primarch.

While the chapter constructor doesn't really have anything other than your basic Marines, the chapter Generator lets you colour terminators, dreadnoughts and several other vehicles as well.

It might be important to decide on when the Codex is finished.

The Marchers return to Manaan and reorganize. Their gene-sire is dead, so they reunite under their new legion master, Taarush Amin. They'd stick together long enough to partake in the Scouring, but split up as soon as the Codex is written.

>Linares returning
Pretty amusing, but I don't think this'll hold up by the time we actually get to 40k. For one, we cannot yet assume that Linares will be the only one returning to the Imperium, so it seems unlikely he'd just be given command over the armed forces.

There's also the thing that Mot brought up; Linares never really speaks how you'd imagine a Primarch speaking. Which can be kind of funny, but makes it impossible to take it seriously.

>Chanka the Unbending
I like it, though it does seem like there aren't any real consequences to it. Maybe it'd be more impressive if he'd give into it more and more, and eventually truly fall to Chaos, abandoning his post. Or he could storm into battle as soon as he notices the malign influences, hoping to die in battle before he falls from the Emperor's light.

Post Nikaea, many of the Librarians of the Corsairs Gallant end up being reported as 'dying' and are inducted into the Fillibuster (secret Blackshield) segments of the legion, where they take up key leadership positions

The Librarians of the Corsairs Gallant tended to be specialized in divination rather than other psychic talents, though this was no-less deadly in combat. In the grand scale, it was used to further adapt their flexible and adapative battle doctrine, and in personal combat made them always seem as if they were one step ahead, or seeming to guide shots on target with unnatural accuracy.

The skull helmet looks cool on them!

Seemed fitting given how heavy they're invoking the skull. I imagine various Gothic versions of traditional pirate flags.

Which reminds me, not sure where to put it but was intending to have a warband of the Corsaris break away later, but not as Chaos or Loyalist, but rather simply go rogue for certain other reasons. Not sure where to list them though, on the list. Guessing just Separatist.

Wait, how have we never discussed this?

PROMPT: What is your legion's badge?

Pic related is the Marchers' badge.

Actually, you just gave me an idea for a new faction amongst the Golden Mountains, inspired by Chanka.

Pic related. Psyker Golden Mountains replace the black with the purple.

I's been a thinking and I wonder, what do people think of there being a demilitarised zone between the Imperium and the Union? It could be the place where we stick some of the Xenos factions in it to justify their continued existence.

The 'DMZ' would be Je'She's Imperial Ring. It's inconcievable for the Union and Imperium to wage constant all-out war for 10 millenia, so there should be an area where they keep out of.

Sticking xenos in there would be an interesting idea.

Linares' character doesn't really helps to take him seriously among equals. His joy and loudness make it difficult, so his vocabulary wouldn't be that out of place.

But as it seems that there's some kind of consensus about this matter, I would probably just drop that facet of him. At least the cursing part, as he was raised by simple peasants, and pretty much adopted their simplicity speaking. Also, the language itself may be a barrier.

Its one thing to speak simply with a crude vocabulary.

Its another to speak like an internet memer. I'll put it this way, should a Primarch, in Warhammer, sound like a medieval farmer, or a redneck?

I imagine that this grey area would be where all the fun rogue trader stuff happens too.

The CoH badge is a crossed Key and Candle, I can't find a good image for it though.

More like a farmer, in that case

This is what I came up with a while back, though it's not in color.

>The Avalanche
Inspired by their captain's sacrifice, Chanka's company took to following his attitude, putting what they thought was the right thing to do before codes of conduct and whatnot.
They would not bend, they would become The Avalanche. This tradition continued, and when Pacha became one with Apu and his consciousness faded, the members of the Avalanche decided to keep fighting the Ecclesiarchy, openly speaking against any attempts at deifying the Emperor, eventually being deemed heretics, and effectively becoming a rogue warband of Space Marines.
The Avalanche fight to defend the Imperium, against all Xenos, Separatists and Chaos; directly helping Imperial citizens when they can get by without drawing attention from those that would hunt them, for the Golden Mountains (and some other Loyalists) secretly give them access to their facilities and ships when possible, the Avalanche taking the opportunity to recruit new members across other children of Pacha who feel the same way. When possible, in places that they defend, they destroy religious texts and places (although the Aquila and busts of the Emperor are left untouched), and they openly attack the Doomsingers unless members of said legion are defending the citizens of the Imperium from some threat or another.

Cool stuff man, really cool. Who's their 'Chapter Master', or whatever the title would be?

(Most) Titan Marcher successors would allow them access to their worlds; they accept the Ecclesiarchy, but do not truly consider the Emperor a deity.

They would remain Company-sized (and otherwise stick to Astartes doctrine), their leader taking the rank of Captain (and staying as such, Avalanche members never accepted promotions beyond the rank while Pacha still led the Legion unless they felt the company's philosophy no longer suited them.)
Thus, 1st Lieutenant Rimac, who was field-promoted to Captain upon Chanka's death, became the first Captain of The Avalanche.

The Blades would gladly offer them food, fire and shelter, as the bonds between the extinct Legions are still strong. Some may see the direct attack at the Ministorum as heresy, but the general policy of the SB's sucessors is that the Ecclesiarchy itself is stupid, and Empy isn't a god, so they wouldn't care

I feel that if neither Imps nor Seps are allowed to enter the DMZ it would make sense that minor Xenos empires could spring into being. After all the Korean DMZ is home to unique varieties of plants who only survive because humans don't interact with them (or so I've been told). I was thinking the Tau could form a farsight enclave style faction in the DMZ if people wanted to keep them around.

Establishing a DMZ works on planets where there's terrain to hold. In the emptiness of space it seems like such a zone would have little practical impact since one can circumvent it in 3 dimensions.

>constant all-out war for 10 millennia

Isn't that one of the defining characteristics of the setting?

A BLOODY DOG SKULL SHOUTING LIGHTNING

The Cardinal Skull is the primary logo of the Corsairs Gallant.

AKA: Corsairs' Playground

The bejeweled skull of the "Mortikopf", an ancient Markchian icon, was chosen as the badge of the Death's Heads. It symbolizes the sacrifices of the many for the hope of a better future, an ideal common to much Markchian media and lore.

Seems a tad complex

In terms of relationships, I'm thinking that Marduk and Rahman would end up not unlike Pert and Dorn. Rivals over a similar doctrines but slightly different. And likely brutal conflict too.

Kind of, sort of, yes and no.

The OU doesn't really have an equivalent to the Imperial-Union border. There will never be peace; just an armistice. It seems highly unlikely either side would be able to keep sending men, women and Astartes into the worst battlefield imaginable for 10,000 years. From time to time I imagine hostilities would be lowered, just to allow both sides to breathe a bit.

I doubt it'd be enforced that well, but having a gap between the Imperium and Union is cool narratively.

I do realize that it's not the only place xenos empires would grow or, like says, where Rogue Traders would operate. We have to remember that even the OU Imperium does not cover the entirely galaxy, the outer edges are still free for xenos infestation.

Right, cool man! How do they wage war? I imagine they'd employ blitzkrieg/shock and awe tactics?

It might be complex, but it fits the Souls. Be sure to add it to the Google Sheet.

For an incredibly charismatic Primarch, Rahman isn't making a whole lot of friends. I kinda like that though.

I still want to know what he thinks of Mot.

He's a leader of men, and Primarchs aren't men, really. :P

Plus, aye, I think it accurately reflects his differences. Rahman didn't end up on a conflict world. He was raised with tutors and high society and exploration. His combat doctrine was bred out of necessity; flexibility and force multipliers were simply necessary when you have to balance your budget and have linited resources.

With Mot, he likely has a comfortable relationship. They don't clash much but its nothing unique. Likely gave him tech fragments as 'gifts' and maybe asked for help developing hardware.

TYRANIDS NEW NAME

>Sothanids
>Sothites
>Sothanai
>Sothids
>Spess Bugs
>Sotharrans
>Sotha-sumfing

From this list, I like:
>Sothites
>Sothanai
>Sothids

I agree, Sothites sounds good enough

I like Sothids the most myself.

My vote is for Sothanids or Sothanites

Shitty tracing coming through

It's an Elephant skull

very good observational skills, kido

That's actually pretty good, think you do mine better?

Meant to link to

Indeed, as their small numbers prevent them from fighting big field battles like the Golden Mountains do, although they also rather like guerrilla, giving their natural proficiency on fighting in difficult terrains and their psyker specialties.
However, when they manage to team up with a larger formation (such as when convincing an IG regiment that they are fully loyalist, Ecclesiarchy-approved Astartes; or openly working with one that supports them), they do sometimes pick up their Storm shields and go into a frontal battle.

Post-heresy Forge Lords special equipment:
>magma rounds
Specialized bolt shells that, when striking flesh or armor, create a reaction that superheats the projectile, transforming it into molten metal.
>electrostorm mortar
A modified minotaur artillery tank, the Electrostorm fires a possessed electromagnetic shell that can annihilate machine spirits - or turn them against their allies
>balewire grenade
This explosive device has a payload that releases a shroud of semi-intelligent razorwire that can entangle infantry and stop vehicles in its tracks. It has even been proven to be effective against daemons.

Nice

>Semi-intelligent razor wire
Shit man. That's messed up.

The thing I like about these pieces of tech is that they're still largely mechanical. Not necessarily daemon engines.

Hot off the presses; a shit show

docs.google.com/document/d/1TmKeNMplcUy4CaJ03kG0-zB7ez2vMdLpjXvhoUt5gXs/edit?usp=sharing

well that all sounds very nasty. Fitting for the Forge Lords

You rang?
youtube.com/watch?v=uXG9v1_X8jc

Dab

How tall should Kinn be?

Not particularly tall, I'd say. Pretty average, for a Primarch.

I always imagined him as tall and lankyish for a Primarch. Like still huge but no where near as broad as some of the others.

Magna rounds could function like an EFP. Seems like it would work well.

I went with this. Fourth tallest Primarch, with a strong, athletic, but not brawny build

yeah, really how I think he'll look, also tall and thin adds to his stooped over, hunched kind of image. More so than if he was short and squat.

Ohhh, good point, I never thought of that

bimp

So, the Terran Webway never gets sundered right?

Well no Magnus is around to fuck everything up so probably not?

No, but the Emperor also never really gets started on it. He did some preliminary work, enough so that the Golden Throne could act as a life support system, but the webway gate isn't an issue, no.

Actually l'm sorta bummed as I had a possible idea for it.

Converted Warpclaw Parthenios. He'll later become the Chapter Master of the Warp Claws.
Will start painting him tonight.

Dope

Yeah, those sorts of things can happen. The removal of the Emperor early on is necessary to put the Triumvirate in place, however.

So the Warp Claws become a loyalist chapter?

Nah the Rune Claws are Seps. Gyhadred pardons them for the crimes of Lambach.

Well, that I knew. You called them Warp Claws, which confused me.

Oh sorry. Warpclaws is the old name for the Chosen. When Lambach renamed them he had squad leaders changed from to Warpclaw.

Well, after the forces of chaos in the east retreated into the Maelstrom, Valorn wanted to make sure that the buggers STAYED in the maelstrom, seeing as wiping them out wholesale was unrealistic. To this end he charged several companies of Hounds with patrolling the edges of the Maelstrom to beat back Chaos incursions. After his disappearance this force separated itself from the Hounds proper and dubbed themselves the Cerberi (pic is their new colour scheme).

They've since arranged themselves into three fleets each containing roughly 500 marines each, which patrol the edges of the Malestrom. They do this in rotation, with two fleets patrolling the Maelstrom and one back in Hound territory recruiting/resupplying at any one time. Every 20 years the resupplying fleet switches with the fleet that's been patrolling the longest, bringing both recruits and equipment to resupply the remaining fleet.

Cool

Really sweet.

It's a good idea to have them rotate, lest you end up with a situation like the Astartes Praeses.

I take it the Pale Hound's territory is near the Maelstrom, and by extent the Imperial border, then?

I think so. A part of me wants them to hold Taiga, but A: I don't even know if that'll be union territory and B: It makes sense for one of the more moderate factions within the Union to border with the Imperium. Possibly less confrontational that way

I should note that I don't mean control Taiga as in "Their territory stretches from Taiga to the edge of the Maelstrom". Instead, if I was going in that direction I think the Cerberi would basically just fuck off to the territory of whoever's near the Maelstrom and patrol, regardless of who owned it. They'd probably be as diplomatic as possible about it, but by that point it's basically a sacred obligation to keep an eye on chaos and they ain't stopping just cause someone doesn't like them doing their primarch given duty.

Right, that all makes sense to me. We should really figure out how Sep space is organized exactly.

bump

3 day old thread with 84 posts? Wow. 2.3 posts per hour on average? Pathetic. This is to be expected for one of the slow boards but you guys really need to re-evaluate what you're accomplishing here. It's just sad really, at least the Imperium Asunder, Hektor Heresy and Nobledarkwhatever 40k guys actually put out content on occasion.

We do most of our work on Discord and voice chat fag boy

And Hektor Heresy was some toxic bullshit

We have content.
docs.google.com/document/d/17-kTDZecaXjHdWpWdeCtu2npjveL-5ghEmRrTky0S2Y/edit
We are still working hard on it though. A lot of us work some pretty insane hours and we're scattered all over the world so getting enough of us on at once to collaborate important ideas can be a bit tricky.
But at the same time, what's the rush? We aren't trying to meet a deadline. Just something we do as a hobby when we have the spare time right?

>Kinnévail and Lambach in a nut shell

Yeah and I bet you were part of the Hektor crew too just with a different name now. Guilty parties always turn on their compatriots. Although at least the rest of them had the decency to leave when they ran out of ideas instead of pretending like "Discord" is a place where shit gets done and somehow that's the reason shit's not happening. Stay on Discord instead of wasting thread space on Veeky Forums then. Then you can wither away all you like.

Proof is in the pudding buddy. 3 days. 88 posts. You do the math.

I don't like math tho, pls do it for me

Wasn't Taiga destroyed? Or was that a different Legion? I'll admit, I know more about some Legions than others.

Also, how is our timeline of the Brotherwar looking thus far? We seem to keep getting derailed from that by other (not wholly unimportant) shiny things...

Magpies the lot of us

The Aquilon Knights, supposedly part of one of the latter foundings lost to history, are a chapter that operates inside the Imperium during the 41st Millennium. Fiercely religious, they are know for their talent in close-combat and void operations, often utilizing a full-sized bolter in one hand and an axe in the other. Proudly displaying the Imperial Aquila, they have been spotted in many battlefields and with increasing frequency over time.

However, the truth is that the Knights are a group of the Corsairs Gallant, operating in some unknown plan. Perhaps one of the most ambitious of their attempts, the Aquilon Knights were the first attempt to masquerade as an entirely new chapter. However, it was presumably not the last...

I like it, it's a really interesting idea that could open up some good stories.

I also realized today that I've been neglecting the VIth Legion's robo-buddies, so I think I'm gunna need to step the beep-boops up a bit...

Ok guys how many years exactly should we allow between the Battle of New Hope and the Battle of Terra?
I'm think 15ish years? Gives us alot of time to get in some cool battles and things?

I think 20 years even. Give it a really prolonged feel that climbs in intensity, adding to the desperation of the Battle of Terra

Works for me. When I get home I'll add the siege to the document officially. So we atleast have it there. Unless someone else wants to do it.

Sounds good.

Have we established where all the traitor legions are when they reveal themselves at New Hope?

As far as I know we have:

I. Leviathan Host - At New Hope
III. Gunslingers - ???
VII. Soaring Host - At New Hope
VIII. Chosen of Hecate - At the Galactic Fringe?
X. Smoke Stalkers - ???
XIII. Loxodontii - At Babylon V?
XX. Forge Lords - Sep space working to create the ruinstorm

It would be good to know where all the traitor legions are so we can work out how they start fighting to Terra.

Also, have we established when exactly the Ruinstorm starts?

Smoke Stalkers are at New Hope. CoH are at Grenthor trying to convert the Dusk Phantoms then soundly getting the snot kicked out of them.
Gunslingers I don't rightly know at that time?

I've added everything I know about the siege of terra to the timeline document. Anyone with something else to add should give it a look and add what needs adding.