EDH/Commander General

"Whoops" edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Ever discovered a combo in your deck that you initially didn't know was there?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akirithrasios-wip/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/
deckstats.net/deck-13775879-3241d2e6df8ca6bd47adb995cd20ddb5.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RAWR DINOSAURS ARE COOL

>Thread question

Of all the accidental 6 card combos I've come across in my decks, this is the only one.

When was the last all-round decent commander set?

>Ever discovered a combo in your deck that you initially didn't know was there?
I test pretty exhaustively now with tappedout or such before building and playing "live" but when I built just from crap I had lying around I'd goodstuff into combos fairly often.

>Ever discovered a combo in your deck that you initially didn't know was there?
All the time, every deck. I build a lot of moving and sweet pieces. Goodstuff midrange THOTs begone.

>two dominaria spoilers

who's taking bets on teferi or jhoira in wizards?

C15 was pretty good. Sure, Meren is a lot better than Kalemne, but out of the box they were pretty balanced and they all have their niches, plus Karlov, Mazirek, Kaseto, Arjun, and Anya are all at least half decent, if not F U N.

Jhoira just got a reprint a few months back.

I think they'll be saving Teferi for the return to Dominaria.

I just dismantled Ghave for some Alesha parts, and now I have a Saffi Eriksdottir without a home. How do people usually build her?

Saffi is creature combo with Sun Titan, Reveillark, Renegade Rallier, or Karmic Guide and a sac outlet.

2016 was for value. Basically all of the decks were, at MSRP, worth it to pick up for parts, sporting like $80+ of value in any given precon.

For out-of-the-box play, probably 2015.

>thread question
pic related

anyways, help with this deck?? tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akirithrasios-wip/

So just dump, sac and reanimate for value?

>thread question
paradox engine + erratic portal + kozilek. in retrospect i don't know how i missed it.

No, Sun Titan and Saffi with an Altar of Dementia or Blasting Station as an outlet goes infinite and wins.

you're spending turns sacrificing a lot of cards in order to swap or bring back artifacts from the graveyard but you dont have many (or any) valuable artifacts worth the effort, everything is dirt cheap im not sure I get it.

But uh,
1x Creeping Renaissance
1x Mimic Vat
1x Mizzix's Mastery
1x Regrowth

what was erratic portal doing in your deck before being a combo piece? just there to recast kozi but you didnt realize you could do it infinitely with paradox engine and rocks?

commander was venser, but i didn't have color-producing rocks for it to be infinite

He probably meant a brand new Jhoira, but I think she would appear in the Dominaria set instead.

What is the best tech for the new wizard general that clones wizards?

Dualcaster Mage. Clone wizards to clone spells to clone spells to clone wizards.

i might put in creeping renaissance. why would i use mizzix's mastery? i have next to no instants/sorceries, unless you meant scrap mastery. it's artifact tokens to make akiri beefy and also cheap mana rocks to be able to dump mana into thrasios, with some recursion effects for fun

Intruder Alarm/Paradox Engine

Conspiracy, Xenograft and the new Xenograft from Ixalan.

>White Sun's Zenith

Noice

What sort of shenanigans can I pull off with Sunforger? I'm thinking of running Glorious End and Final Fortune with Angel's Mercy in there to stop a game loss. Do you guys have any suggestions on building this?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/

Help me find things to take out of this Wort spell slinger deck so I can put in Increasing Vengeance

Also what a piece of crap, we get a more expensive Second Harvest and a worse Parallel Evolution

She has good synergy with Anathemancer

It's called angel's grace, but yeah sounds fun

It's also great to just have Swords, path, wear//tear, etc on deck

dualcaster mage, archeomancer/chronologist, puppeteer clique, sea gate oracle, sower of temptation, venser, snapcaster, trinket/treasure/trophy mage are the only notable ones i can find. i guess that's the price of having the most versatile effect outside of a tribal deck. on the plus side, you can tutor for any of them with vedalken aethermage.

What are you going to do to make them worth it?

Having Black or Blue as a third color for 'Forger makes it amazing, I recommend something like Zurgo or maybe Shu Yun as the general.

Ugin confirmed then?

Run literally any other utility creature with a half-decent ETB.

Even stuff like a cloned Solemn Simulacrum will be sweet.

I'm just trying to find a balance between MLD, mana rocks, equipment, and creatures to threaten the board. how much of each would you reccomend?

Beautiful.

Grixis has a lot of great value ETB stuff

Most Evoke Creatures
Clones
The Primordials
The Gearhulks
The Titans

Just want to play boros for now. I know it would easier to play jeskai or mardu, but I like a deckbuilding challenge.

>Cat Shards
>not Kitty Litter

Can I get some advice for a judge/police deck? It's a group huggy control idea of supplying everyone with cards and other resources for a level playing field, while being able to stop someone from comboing off or a board state getting out of hand. I'd want to help a lagging player get ahead, or allow myself to be bribed for favors.

Get a lot of vote cards from the Conspiracy sets. Those are always pretty group fucky.

My circle eliminates your kind first

although these look funny as fuck, theres one for each card and you can hand them out like punishments for slighting you

Maybe something like this?

Problem with those is most are one-sided. They'd have to be like Council's Judgement.

looks neat

Not just the new ones, curses in general are great for that, though the Commander curses are the most encouraging for your other foes, whether this years or the old ones.

Eh, a lot of the Conspiracy mechanics tend to be in the interest of the group, with you being able to pull ahead using a few of their more aggressive cards. There's definitely fun to be had with it and I'd still go through the Conspiracy 1 and 2 card list and see if some of them are interesting to you.

So is there some story behind this fag in the new curses? Or did the artist just get the note "Draw the dumbest looking nu-male you can"?

I think the latter, he's not any lore character I know, and I know quite a lot.

The artist very likely is a nu-male himself and looks somewhat like that character or at least is comfortable with people looking that way. That style is his normal.

As annoying as you find it, remember that this has been happening since before you were born and hair like that will look silly in 20 years like mullets and big hair look to us today.

The problem with group hug is that it helps more to those who don't need it and because you "help" people first most of the time and spend your resources to do that - you end up not being able to stop those who got even more far ahead.

Obviously it depends on group, but group hugs decks just make whatever is the best deck on the table win so much faster, really.

Curse of Vitality, Disturbance, and Bounty make me think that this guy is probably from Innistrad, where you can find wolves, zombies, and pitchfork wielding mobs.

WE

>This guy drew them
Does this answer your question?

post the last cards you need for your deck and others guess who it is

>Conquistadors
>Hispanic
>tired /pol/ African meme
WUZ

Animar

Daretti Daretti Never Forgetti.

Don't you shittalk Aztecs boi! They actually were a proper society and culture before they were eradicated and weren't just living in tribal huts out in the desert.

Also, they're more spics than anything.

Also demonic tutor and a scrubland.

mono red
not artifact based

>Mox Diamond
Shoot! I ordered cards today and I keep forgetting to buy some of these. It's on the reserved list and only going to go up.

It all makes sense now.

Kiki jiki combo?

krenko?

Pretty cancerous to play these cards and not even be artifact-based so I'm guessing it is Grenzo or Neheb.

Alesha?

Oh fuck you were right, it is a self insert.
I don't care if Wizards is willing to pay for masturbatory self-portraits, but these cards clearly take place on Innistrad. Putting CURRENT YEAR: The Haircut on a guy who's supposed to be in a Gothic horror setting just looks tacky.

I could see those in any competitive combo deck that uses red.

It is not on the reserved list.

Little Teysa?

Yes it is.

zada

>local /pol/tard can't even keep what racial slur goes with which minority straight

More at 11, now to Cathy with the weather.

Really? I mean it got a reprint in a from the vault set and mtggoldfish does not show reserved edition when I view the card.

Chrome Mox and Mox Opal are off, Mox Diamond is on.

That haircut has been around for much longer than any of us have been alive.

>Azorious Teferi that plays like Dosan + Augustin
Are you ready

It was printed in FTV for fucks sake

Fuck yeah

All 3 are off, Chrome and Opal are modern cards, Diamond just isn't on the list

Spic jokes aside, there's pretty clearly a dead !conquistador in the shot.
>It's another "Jace and friends help the good and pure colored native girls BTFO the evil and twisted cishet white males" episode.

>LED
>Demonic/Vampiric Tutor
>YawgWill

It seems he is just a nu-male.
Which is perfect.
Just look at him, don't tell me you don't experience schadenfreude and feel like he deserves it.

Jace is going to be the only GW member there for Ixalan. The plot is supposed to be about reaching some kind of treasure anyway.

Fuck it, have a random Mirrors.dec I threw together on cockatrice for no reason while I was looking at the mirror card in Hour and the new one in C17. (still should fill in the rest of the lands, but meh)

deckstats.net/deck-13775879-3241d2e6df8ca6bd47adb995cd20ddb5.html

WotC used to be able to print reserved list cards in special "sets" - like judge promos.

Investors continued to complain - so they changed it that they can't print it in special "sets" either.

Exactly!

>hispanics
>drawn like blacks
AZTECS AND SHIET

I stand corrected, didn't know something like that happened sorry.

Actually, if the pirates are the bad guys, which isn't even clear yet, 3 of their captains are women.
The dinosaur lady also is clearly female.
Hell, even the vampire leader seems to be a woman, since "Mynea" sounds like a girl's name.

So far, it looks like it'll be a gold rush story of every faction trying to reach "Eldorado" first with Jace thrown in the middle of everything as a psychic jungle man.

Check filename.

It still doesn't belong in a set inspired by 15-century Eastern European aesthetics.

>It seems he is just a nu-male.
I don't get this. It's just a haircut.

No image, and I haven't started getting the deck together just yet, but I'll post five cards off the list and see if anyone gets close.

>Bloom Tender
>Patriarch's Bidding
>Temur Ascendancy
>Ancient Ziggurat
>Cryptic Gateway

Don't forget we're going back to Dominaria in less than a year, too.

I could see a posh vampire going for that kind of hairdo.