Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

'If I have enough skulls, no sharpshooter will know where to shoot me in the head' edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/09/lost-warhammer-tetsubo/
ekosystem.com/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904487915&searchtext=Mixu's Legendary Lords
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya
Cool, but we already have Vermintide. I'd much rather see an isometric rpg based on 2e WHFRP.

>hack'n'slash genre Warhammer
Maybe its more akin to Dinasty Warrior games? Vermintide is awesome, but Warhammer is/was a tabletop wargame.

>holy shit are those Bretonnian peasants awful models. 14th century infantry looked gorgeous, and instead we got retarded mutants in aprons

On one hand, I sympathize and understand what you're saying - the Bretonnian peasants look about as shit as they are.

On the other hand, in its own way it makes them stand out, especially since they're so raggedy and patched together that they actually have a lot of character to them - their shields are a bit samey, but they actually have a lot of body bits, and it's easy to kitbash some bits from knights or grail pilgrims for some more variety - or even Empire units if you really want.

And honestly, if Bretonnia had really professional and shiny cavalry that were some of the best knights in the world, and then they had really nice looking and professional infantry...well, to me they'd just be the High Elves of the human world. And at least if they're shitty, they are their own thing.

How about a Markus fps?

Mordheim notes?

So, I'm wondering about how many GC it should cost for Ratwheels, and the Steam Engine would be at the discretion of the campaign organizer; but this is my current pet project for more mounts & wagons for Mordheim. What other things should be added as options? I'm imagining a Fireworks Launcher rack (ala the Border Town Burning pyromaniac) could be an amusing if time-consuming option, just to throw a shitload of fireworks onto the field.

who has the best feets in the (warhammer) world? asking for a friend

Given how GW can't relaunch Fantasy, wouldn't it be better to relaunch warmaster to take advantage of the scale of TWW?

Why does the Maneuver action in WFRP 2e not allow you to move people into terrain? How am I supposed to push someone off a cliff or tangle an opponent in fishing nets if I have to stop short of the terrain?

>Hack & Slash
Okay, I've done Warhammer as Ocarina of Time but I'm wondering if I can do Dark Souls with Warhammer now. It's way more strategic than the average hack & slash but I can't easily think of settings who's grimdark enough for Warhammer.
>Ages ago, Gwyn/Sigmar/Aenerion/Lord Kroak/some famous old guy brought the Age of Fire/Order by killing shit
>Vortex that Caledor did instead of First Flame
>Instead of burning in the First Flame, you hurl yourself into the Vortex to help stabilize it & become known as an Incarnate or some Lord of Cinder equivalent
>choosing to not lite the flame makes you an Everchosen
>Chaos instead of Abyss
>Final boss of first game is Sigmar & he throws thunderbolts, Thor to Gwyn's Zeus
>Japanese name for Soul of Cinder is Incarnation of the Kings anyway
>Artorias is instead Archaon or another Warrior Priest gone Chaos
I don't think this is going to work out. Anyone have a better idea?

Hero is an undead.

>Maybe its more akin to Dinasty Warrior games?

Hopefully more like the first Kingdom Under Fire, only modernized.

What sort of story would you like to see for a WFRP vidya? Playing as one of the canon characters, or letting you make a unique character from scratch?

Personally I'd like to see a beefed up Mordheim game using turn based combat mechanics for action scenes, but some sort of resource management/adventure story mechanic between action scenes.

>Playing as one of the canon characters, or letting you make a unique character from scratch?

Playing as a new, original character. No Skyrimjob 'it's about you' shit where it's completely meaningless because the game can make no informed writing about your character.

>What sort of story would you like to see for a WFRP vidya?

Something not 'end of the world'-y, but still relevant.

It's hard to do canon characters well without stepping on other writers toes.

>traveled to many of the ancient mayan/aztec ruins around mexico
>tfw imagining flying pepes atop the pyramids and autistic dinos going about their daily tasks

Existing lore tier list:

Mascot Tier
> The Empire
> Greenskins
> Hordes of Chaos

Storied Tier
> Dwarfs
> Skaven
> Vampire Counts
> Dark Elves
> High Elves

Fleshed Out Tier
> Bretonnia
> Norsca
> Ogres
> Lizardmen
> Tomb Kings
> Wood Elves
> Kislev
> Nippon (Tetsubo apocrypha)

You Must Be This Tall to Ride Tier
> Chorfs
> Tilea

Some Stuff Tier
> Border Princes
> Araby
> Kurgan
> Cathay
> Nippon (canon)

Lacking Stuff Tier
> Albion
> Hung
> Amazons

Literally Nothing Tier
> Estalia
> Ind
> Nagas of Khuresh

Squatted Tier
> Pygmies
> Slann

Best queen.

Unique character from scratch, definitely. Probably the best way to make use of the careers system anyway, as long as you keep things flexible enough for multiple starts with enough vagueness that you don't have to roll with a pre-determined story.

I'd love something sandboxy where you were able to get involved in the stories of the world around you, kinda like a better version of some Elder Scrolls games with a darker feel, but I'd settle for a dungeon crawler of some sort with brief episodes of travel and resource management outside of the dungeons themselves. That way they can focus a lot on combat, but still put enough room into non-combat areas without having to be overwhelmed by them or making the world feel small.

2handsome4me

>Nippon (Tetsubo apocrypha)
Nani?

You know the Slann are with the Lizardmen, right?

Kuresh is just where the monstergirls live and love their humans.
Such a sugary sight disgusted the high elves and they keep watch over the place.

He probably meant not fat frogmen from bloodbowl and first editions of WFB.

>Something not 'end of the world'-y, but still relevant

I'd like a new take on The Shadow of the Horned Rat.

Riding griffons.

>What sort of story would you like to see for a WFRP vidya? Playing as one of the canon characters, or letting you make a unique character from scratch?

Gotrek and Felix game set during the 20 years they spent rampaging around Cathay, Ind, etc.

Take this. Was meant to be a supplement for WFRP 1ed before GW cancelled it last minute.

So Nioh?

>Gotrek and Felix hack n slash
>Play as Gotrek
>Score points for bigger, better, cooler kills
>Bonus points if Felix can see you when you do it
>Felix can carry his own weight, so no babysitting

>Felix gives your kills double the bonus points if you find him a girl to sleep with every so often

But what if there was a Warhammer fighting game?

>Grimgor
>Valten
>Archeon
>Leoncour
>Tyrion
>Hellebron
>some wardancer
>khazrak
>Skragg
>Sigvald
>Konrad
Seems more like soul calibur.

What kind of caps are these referring to?

Grimgor is the secret boss character cause he's the 'ardest of the lot

Fatalities.
>Grimgor
Brings Gitsnik down on the enemy, bisecting them.
>Valten
Cocks his arm back and throws his hammer like a meteor, shattering the opponent's skull.
>Archeon
Unbinds the daemon within the Slayer of Kings which tears his foe apart.
>Leoncour
Shows mercy on the enemy, turns around and is nearly stabbed in the back but turns around at the last second and shoves his sword through their chest.
>Tyrion
Dazzling swordwork that barely leaves a mark until the enemy falls apart in neatly cut pieces.
>Hellebron
Poisons her foe and removes their still beating heart.
>some wardancer
Dances with such skill that the enemy tries to get a few more strikes it but ends up falling on their own weapon.
>Khazrak
Eats both their eyes, lets them wander around blind for a bit before snapping his whip around their neck and snaps it.
>Skragg
Chops up the enemy and throws them into a boiling pot.
>Sigvald
Too pretty to do his own dirty work so a half dozen fawning soldiers come in and tear them limb from limb so they can touch his hair.
>Konrad
Beats them to death with a cup, gathers up the blood and drinks it.

Something like this I imagine.

Yeah no, nowhere does it say that it was supposed to be officially released. It's even dated 2010.

That's a reconstruction that's been copyrighted by people who wrote it; becuase GW cancelled its release, they don't own the rights.

Looks rather Empire-like to me, but probably better than what I was thinking of.

I want Malus Darkblade.

Dlc along with Queek.

awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/09/lost-warhammer-tetsubo/

See the bottom of pic related.

One for each playable race in the base game.
Border Princes is a custom character.

Sounds good to me. Do we get Settra also?

*Mousillon

Eh do we count TWW official lore? Its thanks to CA we got a Norsca armylist

He doesn't serve. The player can't control him.

No. He can be a boss.

That's not much lorewise, yeah? Most of it was already existing before the update. At best the addition of Fimir (far up north, not into the setting at all) is something new.

>playing as Bordelaux
>Wood Elves decided to start conquering Bretonnia, so I had to slap their shit after having entire armies and provinces lost
>once you slap down their seemingly unbeatable juggernaut, they struggle to rebuild an army for a little while, so I hurriedly try to take down as many Wood Elf cities as possible
>mfw one is coming at my attrition and battle weakened army with three fucking forest dragons

>Tetsubo is something of an oddity. It draws extensively on feudal Japanese culture and folklore and barely acknowledges the Warhammer world. It feels like a Japanese-inspired RPG that just happened to use the WFRP ruleset. It is telling that it was not even set in the Warhammer land of Nippon.

So it doesn't actually fluff out Nippon at all.
>freelancers

For the lady, those fey must be stopped!
Meet them in glorious battle and skewer their foul lizards upon your holy lances!

It does, it's just that the land is called "Yamato" instead of "Nippon" but does feature Chaos creatures, Greenskins, and Dark Elves as adversaries.

Basically or something similar to the Shadowrun games where you're just a pretty average dude going through a story that's either personal or on a fairly small scale, local threat level. Ideally it would have similar mod tools as the SR games to maximize user content.

>Worst fighter for beginners
>Can't even uppercut.

>Can't even uppercut.

is there a bigger cuck than beggar nohammer?

Finubar.

Your average dark elf.

I hate to be a negative nancy but I'm 75% certain the unnamed hack n slash is just a phone game

G R U D G E
R
U
D
G
E

Take a culture where strong emotional responses are frowned upon and you get a nation of men and women who are incapable of handling their emotions well.

There's lore on Estalia and an unofficial army list. I'll agree Ind has very little else known about it

But user, president Tomaru gives extra to his kids.

Are the developers known for mobile games? I don't think it'd get a mention like it did if it was some cheapo ios game. I'm willing to bet it's going to be a full PC/console release.

Explain the Belegar Ironhammer meme to me, I never followed End of Days and i'm a filthy secondary for the most part

I don't think he even has a wife, not as far as I've heard. And considering that in older lore he used to just be an old dwarf squatting in ruins until he got revamped as some badass war hero, he's doing alright.

Quick rundown on Belegar Ironhammer:

>Throgrim bows to the Ironhammer
>He's the true king of Eight Peaks
>Put peanut butter on his dick and made Gobbla eat it and also made Skarsnik watch
>Cucked Ungirm out of his hot, hairy Slayer wife
>Kicked Felix in the balls and shit on Gotrek's axe when he wasn't looking (almost got his ass kicked for that)
>Ties Oathbreakers to boulders and lobs them from Grudge Throwers

He's legally the King of Karak Eight Peaks but the goblins & skaven don't care.

Nevermind, I looked. They're known for much worse...

ekosystem.com/

Someone please post the rundown on the Dawi Zharr. I need my weekly bogpill.

>tfw no Empire additions to TW Warhammer in ages

New Legendary Lords:
>Kurt Helborg,
>Boris Todbringer (made an actual LL with uniques)
>Marius Leitdorf
New Legendary Heroes:
>Ludwig Schwarzhelm
>Luthor Huss
>Markus Wulfhart

It'd flesh the fuck out of the Empire. If the VC can have like 6 fucking LLs, so can the Empire which is the largest faction canonically.

>ekosystem.com/

well thats its for the hype train folks. everyone out

It needs subfactions. Nobody wants to play Boris Todbringer in Empire red (when it should really be mostly white with red).

Whines about muh karak eight peaks 24/7, finally gets a go of it then gets killed by Queek
He does, she gets killed

New Legendary Hero: Victor Saltzpyre

I'd love to see a unique model for each province leader at least.

alarielle

Eh, that's a bit too much- I mean, who else is there except Todbringer and Leitdorf?

By this I meant, who gives a crap about anyone OTHER than Boris and Marius?

I'd take Todbringer as a LL. I always make him my Reiksmarshall to make up for beating him the fuck out

We don't need every goddamn Elector Count though. Todbringer, Leitdorf, and Jubal Falk because the Empire needs an engineer hero

I think von Raukov had his own unique artwork.

Theodoric Gausser? He at least had some artwork of him.

Valmir von Raukov.Theodoric Gausser, Emmanuelle von Liebwitz.

Leitdorf was said to be an inventor, so he could be the engineer hero

I remember that old russian mod for Medieval 2 TW had unique models for each province leader, just base it off them.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904487915&searchtext=Mixu's Legendary Lords

Emmanuelle is cool just for the fact that she doesn't also happen to be an experienced warrior, but...well, she's not a general. It kind of makes sense to me that she lets some family member take care of things. Though it'd be nice to include her on the diplomacy panel at least.

I would put Helborg in as LL over Todbringer actually, the Empires Cavalry champion (and canonically the Reiksmarshal)

>Emmanuelle von Liebwitz
The most useless and decadent of the Elector Counts? Really? She screams NPC bitch, she only got her position via sucking dick

Diplomacy would probably be best for her seeing as how she's the queen of socialites, but seeing her on the battlefield in a completely inappropriate dress, surrounded by bodyguards, would be kinda nifty. She'd be like the king unit from AOE2.

Hero is a newly ascended chaos warrior, journey swaps between realm of chaos and 'real space' and vary in time and respawns are Tzeentian fuckery.

Helborg is far more important than Boris when you think about it but he's very generic, Todbringer at least has the Khazrak grudge

Empire needs an engineer agent similar to the dwarven one.

For that matter, dwarves need more agents and LL's jesus fuck

Daemon and Giant Slayers, Josef Bugman.

Alright, /wfg/ let's hear tales of absurdity. Post your wackiest, but vaguely potential plausible possibilities for End Times. I'll start

>Grom the Paunch manages to penetrate further into Ulthuan and draw the Widowmaker, while his shaman critically weakens the Vortex with his tampering with the waystones.