Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

How bad are solarians REALLY? Like, levels 1-6, how does a solarian do if the other option's a melee soldier with Blitz? Aren't all solarians supposed to ignore Solar Armor and go for heavy armor?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/YAk263j
app.roll20.net/join/2470196/97jKWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>MHXA

y tho

pathfinder is a meme

How much realism do you expect from your games, /pgg/, and how will that translate to starfinder?

Because they have shit taste.

What stats would a Chaos warrior have?

Is the cabal the same as the /pgg/ server?

No. The /pgg/ server is open to all. Cabals are not.

There's two main servers, one run by InspectorCM which is open to the public, and the Cabal is run by Broodie and is primarily a hub for NSFW content and people who want to feel superior to the people who aren't invited to their secret club.

What this ends up doing, however, is making an environment where things worthy of being "leaked" happen in the Cabal, which then makes people pissed when they're publicly called out on it by their fellow users. They then say things like "hey why don't you tell us who you are so we can ban you" which is honestly one of the dumbest things you can say with the expectation that it will actually work.

Volley Gun

Firearm Exotic, 1d10 (per barrel) x4 40feet Full round per barrel

This nine barreled musket is designed for ship to ship firing by marines. Specifically firing all nine barrels down from a crow's nest onto enemy officers.

The Volley Gun can be fired two ways. At a single target, where every single loaded barrel adds an addition d10 to the damage roll, with a cumulative -2 per barrel fired.

Or as a scatter weapon, dealing 1/2 the Barrels loaded in d10s (round down). This can only be done with at least half the barrels loaded.

>They then say things like "hey why don't you tell us who you are so we can ban you" which is honestly one of the dumbest things you can say with the expectation that it will actually work.
That sounds enough like retarded Broodie to be true too.

Honestly i mostly say that as a joke, I know there's no way anyone would ever own up to it

But as a troll they should have given me a false answer at least once, come on.

T-thanks.

Friendly reminder that Captain Slow's foxtits character is shitting on everyone in Journey to the West here:

>I'm playing an extremely powerful fox sorceress who playfully threatened a tengu king with roasting him over an open fire when he was a coward who wouldn't go after a BBEG

>The build I have for her will eventually be able to stop time. At will. At level 20. Among other bullshit God wizard abilities.

>Am I doing it right if I'm playing this yokai fox as an extremely powerful sorceress who does not understand human right/wrong in most contexts, and knows PRECISELY how bullshit her wizardry is and will lord it over the rest of the party, consisting of weaker casters and martials? But still offer them my help because that bastard necromancer villain killed my childhood best friend and now I want pay back?

>Do I get points taken off if it's Golarion, aka Pathfinder, and I justify her taking on a human appearance more like a normal European woman because she was adopted by an important soldier who found her in the woods of the one nation in the Asia equivalent that was basically colonized by Britain/Germany?

>Am I doing it right Veeky Forums?

I thought Grim wasn't captain slow.

also tamamo is worst girl

Oh, fuck off with your conjecture. You're stirring a shit-pot with no actual evidence.

I'm pretty sure foxtits isn't Captain Slow (unless it's a sockpuppet).

Friendly reminder that this is the first /pfg/ Starfinder game recruiting.

discord.gg/YAk263j

app.roll20.net/join/2470196/97jKWg

didn't play pathfinder but do this make sense or i am just a fag who don't understands the rules? it's from the icon theme.

No.
Starfinder is bad.

but I like it...

That's because you're mentally challenged, sweetie.

hey I have weapon finesse and in one level I'll have the ninja trick that gives me dex DMG on finesse weapons.

Silly question but can I wield Scimitars as a 2 handed weapon for extra DMG even when using Dex for DMG?

>one shot a mysterious man wants you to do something for him...........

Nah sounds gay

Are you sure you're not just salty, user-kun?

You sound pretty salty.

No, I'm just upset with how poorly written the CRB is, the fact that there is no bestiary and the terrible state that is the Solarian.

>the fact that there is no bestiary
I feel the need to point out that both 5e DnD and Pathfinder had their bestiaries printed 2 months after the core book. This is nothing new, and will be forgotten in short order, no doubt.

As for the rest... yes, agreed.

I'm right there with you. The envoy needs help and the book needs more editing.

You're complaining about the solarian but not the envoy?

Yes, but those systems have monsters in their rulebooks.

Starfinder has a single monster, with terrible math... and a section on porting from Pathfinder.

So basically here's what I'm hearing about Starfinder

>The soldier is cool
>everything else is a disaster.

>Discord join link
>Roll20 join link

Yeah, I bet it'll be good, and I'm sure the GM can run a functioning group for a whole 4 hours.

You people are so stuck in the pathfinder math mindset to understand the new small buffs

Mechanic is cool.

>muh stuck mindset

Arkwright's run lots of games before.

The mages are fine as well, and mechanic is still good. It's operative (OP), Envoy (Shit), and Solarian (Mediocre) that are the actual problems. The other four classes are fine.

Any word on intrigue game? Any new characters?

No.

If you tried this bullshit I'd kick you from the game immediately.

Starfinder core rulebook, page 168:
>Weapons that use standard ammunition (arrows, charges, darts, mini-rockets, petrol, rounds, scattergun shells, etc.) are sold preloaded.

Would this not mean that a character could purchase a 100-credit scattergun to gain a 330-credit high-capacity battery?

Starfinder core rulebook, page 216:
>Items with a specified usage use a battery that comes fully charged when purchased.

Is the battery a maximum capacity possible for the item, or a regular battery?

If the former is the case, then would that not mean that a character could purchase a 7-credit personal comm unit, which comes with a 390-credit super-capacity battery that can be sold for 39 credits? Is this not an infinite loop?

If the latter is the case, then you could purchase 1-credit flashlights/lanterns that come with 60-credit batteries, and then sell off the batteries for 6 credits each. This is an uncontestable, infinite loop.

There is now a method of gaining unlimited credits right from character creation.

Why isn't DHB part of the cabal discord?

>Joining a game hosted by the 2hu Defense Force Captain

he doesn't like discord.

He joined the other pfg discord.

Oh, well in that case because he hasn't asked to get in.

Probably because that one doesn't have 2hu and his defense force.

2hu you don't need to delete posts, just make another post with a correction
stop being autistic

Nope, it SHOULD be decrease.

probably a regular battery, rather than a super capacity battery. the RAW doesn't say high-capacity battery or anything, just battery, so a regular battery

>Would this not mean that a character could purchase a 100-credit scattergun to gain a 330-credit high-capacity battery?

I mean you're not wrong, but as a DM I would rule the battery that came with the scattergun is made specifically for that scattergun

same with the personal comm unit, and the sell price for the battery is lowered because of this

If technological items come with regular batteries, then this paves the way for an infinite loop: purchasing 1-credit flashlights/lanterns that come with 60-credit batteries.

You can then sell the batteries for 6 credits each.

>person with life defining mental dysfunction that affects how you interact with other people in every single way, could you stop having mental dysfunction?

Why should we have to be victims of your boyfriend's autism, Arkwright?

>implying anyone will buy a second hand battery

sounds about right

kek.

fully charged senpai, just repackage that shit

They're clearly the space equivalent of store-brand batteries, which cannot be resold.

not really, the 60-credit battery is an all purpose battery

the 1-credit flashlights have flashlight batteries which would be worth less than 1 credit

the infinite loop assumes

a) all equipment use the regular batteries from the ammunition table

b) these batteries can be removed and sold, and these merchants are selling at a lost

I mean, he's been told this before.
It just makes him look like even more of a sperg, in between his outbursts of how he can't run games because of his crippling auts, or ruining systems for others because he breaks them on purpose to point out his numbers mastery and why munchkins are terrible to play with

Hey guys what if i sawed the poles off a ladder and then sold the poles separately?!

Now, there is one thing I see stopping this infinite loop: flashlights/lanterns have a capacity of 10.

Does that mean that they come with a regular, 20-charge battery with some sort of "only 10 charges can be stored in this while in the flashlight/lantern" limitation?

Does that mean they come with a "special edition" 10-charge battery that cannot be sold due to no price being listed for them? If so, then does that mean that the other technological items come with batteries of the maximum capacity, such as a 390-credit, 80-charge battery for a 7-credit personal comm unit? Or, to put it in another way, if a 10-capacity flashlight comes with a 10-charge battery, does an 80-capacity personal comm unit come with an 80-charge battery?

if you cut the poles into pieces you'd make even more money

nope

Separate batteries.
It's likely a system limitation(read; dev retardation) that means that they had to call the ammunition for weapons batteries, whereas the batteries for basic items are likely tailored to that specific item and are not up for resale.

oh, ok. that is what I was thinking about.

Yeah, literally every other theme has it decrease. That's just a mistake in the wording.

The thing that the person claiming to be Foxtits is not mentioning is that there are not one but three people with equally bullshit powers in the party. One can impose a -6 penalty to any mental stat (like wisdom) for at least one round and up to ten and follow that up with hideous curses and mental destruction attacks that their newly devastated will saving throw is useless to defend against; another is an initiator (which means instant death to anything not heavily buffed all over the place) who is literally one swing-kills-five-people-incidentally, and yet another can drop meteor swarms of crystal damage and 100' long walls of bludgeoning damage that the enemy takes damage from every time they pass through it.

There isn't a build in that game that can't overwhelm people, and most of them are not neutral or evil.

Actually, in PF, you don't have two poles, you have one ladder with the broken condition.

What pathfinder races would people most like to see converted to Starfinder?

What's DHB stand for?

This is untrue. As per page 218, batteries are batteries and are interchangeable between weapons and other technological equipment:

>Items specified with a usage use a battery that comes fully charged when purchased. Such batteries can be recharged as normal using generators or recharging stations (see Professional Services on page 234), or they can be replaced (see Table 7-9: Ammunition for battery prices).

So then, suppose you purchase a 1-credit, 10-capacity flashlight or lantern. What kind of battery does it come with?

Say you then purchase a 7-credit, 80-capacity personal comm unit. What kind of battery does the comm unit come with?

A non-folding pole is worth 0 copper pieces, is it not?

depressed home brewer

For balance and RAI's sake, why don't we just assume that it works like the pathfinder ladder and the battery that comes with the item is considered to be a part of the item, and that removing it makes the stock battery broken and ergo worthless.

ya just swing it more dexterously

They are all Apple products
Solved

Anyone wanna suck and fuck a large nigger dick?

I've made millions selling pieces of sawdust

This logic is so stupid, if you're willing to play in a game where the DM or the players are willing to abuse infinite credit loops, you might as well just play with infinite money to begin with.

the flashlight and personal comm unit comes with a cheaper battery tailored for them

the batteries in the ammunition table are special all-purpose batteries, which is why they cost more

they're good insulation!

Agreed. No self-respecting merchant would fall for this, this isn't a video game lol

Honestly, considering the constant gear trade ups you need to do and the fact you can only buy level+2 items at most (And can't buy ships at all), that likely wouldn't do much to hurt balance.

I do pm me at Luca#2406

How can this be the case if the batteries are interchangeable as per page 218?

Do you prefer colourful mercenaries, like the Landsknechts,or more regimented ones resembling a regular army?

How can you presume the battery to be the one from the ammo table

You could still purchase an arbitrarily high amount of 3rd-level consumables at 1st level. You could also buy a tier 10 computer with an arbitrary number of upgrades, miniaturized down to negligible bulk.

Page 218 directly references that very table.

>Items specified with a usage use a battery that comes fully charged when purchased. Such batteries can be recharged as normal using generators or recharging stations (see Professional Services on page 234), or they can be replaced (see Table 7-9: Ammunition for battery prices).

They can be replaced, they are not explicitly interchangeable.
I think it's quite the reasonable assumption to make that stock batteries which come with items do not hold the same retail value as those purchased as replacements.
For example, most TV remotes nowadays come with some off brand piece of crap korean battery, and you buy duracells or energizer to replace them when they die.

It just says the unknown starting batteries can be replaced by those batteries

Stands for lurk moar faggot.

2hu is just fucking stupid desu. Despite all his "logic" and "rationality" he won't listen to those that are by definition his superior in actual real person interactions (aka all non-autists).

>lurk moar faggot.

>le funny weedman 420 blaze it lmao

They all have legendary items. At 20th level they will all be capable of some insane level bullshittery. The eugenics noble will have the same type of regeneration as the tarrasque, meaning nothing can stop her from regenerating, making her literally unkillable as well as having 9th level casting.

There's no need to defend the stupid battery rules.

And we do know charges are the same amount of, well, charge; the same generator, the same connection/port, the same amount of time = 1 charge for any of them.

>What kind of battery does the comm unit come with?
A Nokia BL-4B.

No no. They ARE explicitly interchangeable.
The reference page 218 makes is to weapon ammunition batteries. All batteries can be used, but have set individual capacities and charge levels.

A weapon's Capacity indicates the LARGEST type of battery that it can hold: a weapon could, for example, have a 70 charge listed capacity: This would be a dickass move as it would at best be able to use a high-capacity battery, not the super-capacity.

So, actually, the problem with getting a flashlight is that the smallest batteries available for sale are 20 charges. A 10 charge flashlight therefore comes with a non-existent 10 charge battery and therefore does not work.

(You)

you aren't funny and neither are your images. No one is going to spoonfeed you

It says the items come with precharged batteries.
Nowhere does it say that these batteries can be pulled out and used in your weapon, only that they can be recharged or replaced.

I will spoonfeed him just to piss you off.

This would imply the existence of "special edition" batteries that hold less than 20 charges.

But then, by this token, why would the personal comm unit not start with an 80-charge battery?

If you didn't bother look it up, you deserve a little ribbing.

What sort of powers or perks get eunuch characters?