You are at your current location, with the stuff you have at hand atm

You are at your current location, with the stuff you have at hand atm.

A Zombie pandemic starts and you have to survive. Lets say the epicenter of the infection is the next big town (100k and up) and from there it spreads and spreads.

What kind of campaign would unfold?

Would you survive? How long?

>options:

>harder:

>sprinters:

Fast and with decent reactions. Like in the Dawn of the Dead remake.

>ineffective police and military reaction:

The security forces fuck it up. Their reaction either doesn't help or even makes it worse.

>wise ones:

Some Zombies are smart. They can use basic tools and understand shit like doors or how pack hunting works. (super hard: All Zombies are this smart).

>Einsteins: All Zombies maintain their full intelligence. Have fun...

>easier:

>helpful Police and military:

They actually get shit done.

>outside help:

The military/UN/another Nation helps with airdrops etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

innawoods.net/swf/InnaWoods.swf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If zombies are just people infected with rabbies, all you need to do is survive for a week before zombies start dying from dehydration

gg easy. I am currently armed and in a nuclear bunker with 6 months of food.

My campaign:

I am at my families vacation house in France. Its in a pinewood and part of a larger fenced off holiday resort. I don't speak french so i would probably band together with other tourists, raiding nearby villages and defending the resort.

>rage zombies:

Yeah the fence won't stop them... I would probably try to find a boat and raid the coast.

>wise ones:

Would be nasty because most Zombies would be stopped by the fence. The wise ones could infiltrate the resort though...

>Einsteins:

Puuh. That would turn the resort into a slaughterhouse REALLY quick. The roads would be blocked by cars and the Zs would guard the beach paths. I could see vicious fighting with knives and camping supplies.

Well lets suppose its not just rabbies but undead zombieism...

And even if its rabies, try surviving a month (remember not all people are infected from day one) in a World with a collapsing society and rampaging infected.

??

One last shameless self bump before I take a nap. Maybe the thread survives and people come up with cool stuff.

The only way to make a zombie plot plausible is to amp the absurdity up beyond plausibility.

The virus/cause needs an incubation time of over six months to spread without notice, if people turn instantly, then nothing is going to happen. The police/SWAT, national guard, and military will wipe that shit out in a week.

Well I mean, if it's rabies then all you need to do is wait till they die of dehydration by the end of the week or something. Most people probably have plenty of food and drink to last them a week easily. If that doesn't work you hit them with a bat or shoot them, just because they're infected doesn't mean they can't feel pain, they're just more tolerant and eventually the body will shut down.

Undead makes things harder, but decay will set in and it'd be a huge stretch to make them intelligent. But that's no fun allowed realism talking. In my case I'd be more or less alright in the zombie outbreak, since I live on a second floor apartment with a shitty set of stairs leading up to it, have two guns and some ammo for them and enough food to last a little while. Only problem is I live in a small city in a house with 3 other people.

Lead the Undaed to victory.

Wouldn't leave the house unless I had to, wouldn't be caught dead out in the countryside as that's where everyone will be evacuating to which would be a bad idea zombies or no. The infection will follow the thousands of people evacuating. Once that's over my biggest concern won't be so much the zombies more the weather and lack of resources the outer banks has, I'd probably make an effort to move inland.

>Would you survive?
Jokes on you, I live in a 12m city.

Depends. With intelligent Undead and a Security apparatus unaware of the unfolding apocalypse you have a nasty setup.

Critical parts of the military/Police could be turned before they realize what the fuck is going on.

True. I know its not even remotely realistic but intelligent and undead zs would make for a nasty and hard game.

Are you Sure you would survive easily with intelligent Zs? I would smoke sou out with a molotov and then try to run you over with a car if I had a severe urging for your brain.

Intelligent Zombies can use all the stuff we do. Cars and fire would be the death of 90% of the regular Zombie survival strategies.

I live in a self-sustainable van in the middle of fucking nowhere.

I'm going to steal a shitton of fuel then outlive all of you.

have fun with droves of displaced city dwellers completely draining the land and killing you for your stuff

Well I'm currently on a large, very active military base in the US, so I think I'd be just fine. With my job I might be at some risk but I don't think I'd be lacking for backup.

My first step would always be waiting. In the initial Chaos you are very likely to be killed by another human. It might be wise to wait until your area is mainly infected before making a move.

>unreliable city cars with limited fuel tanks, dead family members, half of them infected and near-death from starvation
>vs me who's already put together a zombie plow, loaded up on fuel and is busily building a hydroponics system for food and fuel

I think I'll survive

This. A very rapid change in population density is going to happen. Everyone and their grandmother will try to reach the countryside with the Zs in hot pursuit.

Don't you think the military would push you to do more and more dangerous mission to keep society running?

I actually saw a nice vid from a black dude who made fun of preppers. He made that the point that no matter how well you are prepared you can't do jack shit against gangs of desperate people trying to steal your shit.

If you are alone in a nice van how long till you attract attention?

The desperate families might band together to fuck you up.

I don't think zombies, sprinters or otherwise, would pose any kind of threat to a combat unit. They can't shoot back, adjust their tactics, lay ambushes, take cover, etc. The level of organization and forethought that goes into combat ops would mean zombies would be more of an environmental concern than anything.

Besides that, I'm a scout, so I just sit in an OP and drop rounds on people 5km away. I think I'm good.

>2017
>Still trying to make something about zombies
The subject is dead (no pun intended) for 5 years rigth now, overdone during the 2007-2010 hype.

Don't fully-intelligent zombies just provide us a means of immortality?

You keep a diverse breeding population of humans going apart from most of society, then at a cerain age - say, 40 or 50 - you take them out and introduce the virus to them as they integrate into the zombie civilization.

If the zombies need brains to survive, we push through stem cell research to vat-grow brains and experiment with providing them nonhuman brains.

>Everyone and their grandmother will try to reach the countryside with the Zs in hot pursuit.
>Everyone
You mean every American? Or every retard? Or who exactly?
Because it puzzles me when burgers are always so eager to move out from something that doesn't shoot at them, doesn't try to burn down their homes, is not using aerial nor artillery strikes... and those are things people not always try to run away from, but continue to live where they live.

So you are saying a mindless body is a danger big enough to do anything more than locking your doors and waiting for further notice?

Oh yeah? I bet you're gonna shoot everyone who steps on your yard too right?

12 meters is pretty small.

>2002+15
>still doing the stop liking what I don't like routine

Well if said Zs are hunting in packs bursting doors open and breaking windows? Most homes aren't very secure...

And if we have intelligent Zombies they actually try burning down your home for a nice pot roast.

Not a Burger btw.

Well true but lets assume intelligent Zs are junky like. The thirst for brains is really painful and inhibits long term planning in favour of the next fix.

Otherwise a Daybreakers inspired setting about the wasteful handling of ressources might be cool.

>you can't do jack shit against gangs of desperate people trying to steal your shit

Literally drive away nigga.

I will hide and I won't hesitate to run the fuck away. I'm not playing macho here, but having my goodiebox on wheels is a huge boon when it comes to angry mobs.

>Literally drive away nigga

What if the other side has more vehicles than you my nigga?

What if the other sides ambushes you while you sleep and slashes your tires?

What if the other side is professional and prepared like a rogue military unit on a looting tour.

I am currently at work, sitting in a front end loader. No amount of zombies can stop me. So long as I have diesel, I'll be fine.

I live 20 kilometers away from my mother. She almost certainly wouldn't survive without me. I also don't have a car so if my town is where the whole pandemic starts, I have no way to get to my mother and save her.

Assuming we can somehow get to her, we hop in the car and flee abroad. Probably England, due to it being an island and not too far away (assuming the ferry ships still run, otherwise we'll have to go through France's channel tunnel) and wait shit out.

Usually, especially with incompetent law enforcement, the best thing is to stay on the move and not get yourself locked in. Kind of like with military strategy: the only times you want to be on the defensive is when you're guarding a certain specific objective or regrouping, at all other times you want to be on the offensive.

Ehh relatives and love interests are really shitty. Back at home I would probably die trying to reach my gf without a car (she lives in the other side of the town).

How long can you drive? Short term you are golden but long term?

weapons, ammo, swords, spears, and food. They all rot in one week anyway, lol. think I'm good to go, looters would be worse than the actual zombies, and we all know how best to handle looters.

That's not 'a gang of desperate people', that's 'the writers of the walking dead are running out of threats, add what is essentially a paramilitary group with fucking tanks' and is unlikely to actually be a threat in that situation. If I'm up against a fucking Mad Max gang then sure I'm dead.

>Einsteins: All Zombies maintain their full intelligence. Have fun...
I get myself infected and start a crusade.

I am at home in my room. I got guns and limited supply of food(next room) near me. I will try to wait it all out as long as I can, then make a move.

A combination of the military and armed civilians slaughter the zombies because there's no plausible way a zombie apocalypse can actually happen. I maybe shoot a couple of zombies with my AR15 in the process. Pretty boring.

I need to update this.

Same user again.

>waiting until your out of supplies to take action

What's this game called again?

I live in a small desert town with maybe 2,000 people in rural Nevada, this is the best place to weather a zombie apocalypse. Every house has guns and ammo, lots of open flat ground to see zombies coming, and low local population to be turned in the first place. There's a reservoir about a mile away, and a shitton of local wildlife. Birds, rabbits, deer, yeah I'll be fine.

>What if a roving small army decides to drive 40 miles from any sort of civilization into the middle of fuck all nowhere for no reason and just happens to find me in the sea of trees

Out of curiosity, why are you currently armed and in a nuclear bunker with six months worth of food?

>zombie plow, loaded up on fuel and is busily building a hydroponics system for food and fuel

why would you do that? what does lying to people on the internet get you?

Sounds exactly like Z-Land. I'm playing a campaign of that now, so I'd be proper set for when shit happens.

>I also don't have a car so if my town is where the whole pandemic starts, I have no way to get to my mother and save her.
You have working legs, don't you? You can cover 20 km in a day or two.

git on muh lvl scrub

>You are at your current location, with the stuff you have at hand atm.
H-HOW DO YOU KNOW? ARE YOU SPYING ON ME?

>muh lvl
>assault rifle
>ammo is shotgun shells

That's what you're noticing? Not the other two melted AKs, or the surplus of poison gas, while wearing a chemsuit with no breath mask?

I'll give the family that brings me that man's head a place in my kingdom, oh look I have a kingdom now

A bunch of hungry police officers? Thats a threat unlikely to occur?

>Everyone flees to bumfuck nowhere
>thinking you will be invisible in a place crowded by refugees

>small army
Dude a bunch of guys with weapons and a few trucks is more than.enough.

>A bunch of hungry police officers? Thats a threat unlikely to occur?
It's more likely that they'll destroy themselves through infighting.

I'd be fucked. I'm in the most-populated stretch of the US. While the coast would be densely populated, Canada would probably be even worse.

My plan would be to make a run for the nearest river, steal a boat/ship, then sail out to sea.

innawoods.net/swf/InnaWoods.swf

>Dude we have the weapons and the training to steal from other people.
>And we worked together before this shit started establishing Social bonds.
>Lmaao lets rather shoot each other instead of fixing put problems with the training we had

????

Thieves backstab each other. A group of dirty cops being able to cooperate with one another long enough to survive is highly unlikely, and a group of honest cops wouldn't be robbing people in the woods to begin with. They'd be out there looking for people to help.

>a place crowded by refugees
I don't think you realize how much empty nothing there is. People wouldn't go 'innawoods' if there were only 1 or 2 places to go.
>but they have trucks
And they can have fun driving till their faces are blue because some retard among them was possessed by the idea of looking for people out in the country. What's worse, you would hear them coming miles away. Yeah have fun rooting through my trailer assholes I already stashed everything away and was gone hours earlier. But that's ok though since this group has magical innawoods radar and enough spare gas to go fucking around in the boonies so I'm sure they'll have no problems.

They would've brought disease not even including the zombie infection, damaged a lot of the land through fires, stripped the land of it's resources the same way locusts do, and believe it or not tyrone has probably shot a gun before so i'd think twice about just gunning them all down.

Non-undead zombies are always stupid. If it's just a person with a virus that turns them into a violent retard they're going to run out of food and drink pretty damn quickly. It's just a matter of waiting things out for a bit. It's not like the infected in 28 Days later can scavenge.

You need a huge initial vector for this to work. Like something in the water and only 10 percent of humans are immune to it. Then that gets whittled down once there are ten zombies per human.

I dunno. I like the classic zombie story but it has so many plausibility issues it's hard to stand on its own.

On the coast of England, nearest town that big is 5 hours walk away even if they beeline towards me in particular. I don't have a gun, but my neighbors and friends do, and boats on top of that. We have plenty of food for now and I have a large van to resupply us with. Ship stuff to boats, load up and presumably find go either to an island if there's one within reach DotTriffids style or just anchor offshore overnight. "Einstein" and we're fucked, as usual, but any other combination and we can wait a week or two until they decay, especially if we stash supplies on some random spot of beach.

If they're Perpetual Motion Monsters we're going to have to rely on the Island thing, or just go to France and tell them to guard/block the Tunnel.

In this campaign we will have to build a 4 km long wall to separate the city I live in from the mainland (we're located on a mountainous peninsula, but the closest bit of the mainland is rather flat). Even with sprinter zombies, we'll have months to hoard supplies and build it, since the closest other 100k city is 700 km away, separated from us by mountainous coniferous forests with intense undergrowth and connected by only one road that also ends here.
So it's gonna be more political and man-on-man for the first part and a siege campaign in the second.

>would I survive?

No. My death is only the beginning. If all goes as planned, I would not rise again as a zombie, but haunt the world as an intangible poltergeist. My reign of telekinetic terror would go unopposed.

And it is for that exact reason that nothing would go as planned.

I load my car and skip town. I go several hours from town, get off of the roads, and live in the northern canadian wilderness and wait it out.

I check the radio every few days.

I have a lot of camping stuff, solar phone chargers, and solar battery charges I could use with the radio.

Worth Canada's sparse population, unless the animals all carry it too, I live out the epidemic without encountering any zombies. The hard part will be catching food too supplement my no perishables, because I don't have a months worth, I have like a weeks worth.

Good chance I'll end up stuck eating dry dog food for part of it.

The reason I have emergency supplies ready to go is because I live in forest fire country.

have fun

Better eating dry dog food than being eaten.

Animal carriers make it too hard imho.

True. Einsteins are the exception though. They could strategically infect large parts of the population.

Well Ego wouldn't be fucked in case of Einsteins? With Cars, guns, Fire and logical thinking everything goes to hell quick. A boat could still work though. Hiding on the water and only raiding in the depth of the night. Still real risky but probably the best way to go.

Well if we have undead Einsteins they are even worse than the crossed because they don't starve. Its a comparable scenario though.

This. A lot of the Land would burn down due to accidents and people doing it on purpose. And not only Tyrone has shoot a gun. Vincent the Veteran and Pete the policemen too.

I don't think you realize how many people would flee. Sure they wouldn't step in your toes but you encounter other groups daily. Probably from a distance but they would see you. And if one of these groups decides to follow you and attack you while you sleep...

So, I've been living in a state park on an island with groceriest to last a week at a time and non perishables to last a while after that. Also, I have autistic levels of freeze dried food, and other survival supplies. I think this means my campaign would eventually consist of moving into port towns and scavenging before fucking of back to island home base. I hope zombies can't swim, and there's no zombie orcas

Well imho the most interesting scenario is Einsteins. And they could use a boat and swim...

So you have to lay low...

what do zombies eat? do they not have to eat?

if not, I try to work with some people to capture zombies and put them in hamster wheels hooked up to generators.

power crisis solved

On the plus side, I have enough dry dog food to last the month, if used sparingly. And dog food is reasonably nutritious, if disgusting.

Zombie carmageddon myself two minutes down the road, to my daughter's kindergarten. Extract her, hopefully.
If that doesn't work, I dunno, I might die then and there. If it does, it's another 10k of carmageddon to the wife's office. Pick up my mom along the way. Start thinking about whether it's feasible to head into a larger city to extract my father and brother from their offices.

I don't think I'd last long enough to start looking for a safe house. Too many people to track down.

He's probably from /k/.

I think people would notice that someone has been going around biting others. Especially now that communication and sending photos is literally at your finger tips and can spread the message throughout the world in a day.

Military on duty right now, guarding arms store. I think I would do rather well.

I got a shark suit and can make rug armor. So getting bit shouldn't be too much of a worry. AR500 plates for anything that isn't going 2900 fps.

Got at least thee weeks of food, and can easily set up a collection system. Living in swamp would make it a bitch for any undead to just waltz in. Probably hunker down and set up defenses. Got ear pro for the moans and bangs. Got panels for the phone and computer. Maybe set up a can system and board up the windows a bit more.

>Live in Malta
>Total population is around 430K
>In my undies in my room but have defensible apartment with a strong wooden door (kindof the norm here) with a triple lock, 2 chains and a bolt.
>Plenty of resources in the pantry as well as water. Also knowledge of where to get more resources, namely the groceries down the street as well as the church next to it as it maintains a food bank it distributes to the elderly every once in a while.
>Got replica swords and actual big knives
I would survive fairly well. Malta gets scorching hot in the summer (feels like 43c atm) and the culture gives us a huge water tank on the rooftops that heats on solar power. A large chunk of the island also has solar panels due to government subsidization so power isn't that much of an issue. No shortage of car batteries for extra juice neither as we love our vehicles. Hunting is a big tradition here so zombie infestation will be controlled in a few weeks desu, lots of delinquents willing to fight and if they get eaten, win-win.

But yeah, water and resources no problem, everything's built out of thick blocks of limestone, solar power and guns. Even a regular house is a fortress against shambling corpses.

>Sprinters
Just takes a bit longer to win and there'd be more losses on our side.
>Ineffective police
This is the norm here, I already calculated this in my first post
>Wise ones
Do these debuffs stack? Like are we talking JUST smart or are they also speedy? I'm judging just smart: Lots more die than speedy and still takes longer, but still win easily.
>Einsteins
See, I think a lot of us are dumb, I always operate that the average local "master plan" equates to "bash his skull in hurrr" so I don't think it makes much difference but w/e. Everybody would probably die.

>Police getting shit done
I think I'd be more scared of what caused that to happen
>UN comes in
Most likely scenario since we're Europe's favourite resort town, England's retirement home and everybody's best friend. We win.

I live in Kyoto, Japan. I'm pretty much fucked.

Almost no guns in this country and there are just so many people on the streets at any time that using a melee weapon would be impossible. One of the highest population density countries. Cars are tiny and likely unable to sustain after hitting multiple corpses.

That being said, there are castles in almost every major city so if you were able to establish a decently sized group of survivors, you could likely hold up in a castle with the fat amount of swords this country has.

That'd be fucking rad, you could revert to some kind of feudal system. Daimyo of the Damned, good name for a jap tv series.

In reality most of us would die this way. Gf, mom,Grandma etc.

I tend to not think about that for my escapist fantasy.

They are smart my dude. They would probably infect the Water Supply with their blood or stuff like that. And even if someone bites you, would you REALLY think zombie at first? And once you are turned you play for the other team anyways....

>stacking the Zombie strenghts

W E W you really want that hardmode.

Sprinting Einsteins would be near certain death even with Guns and food.

Strange I love Malta for Vacation but sou make it seem like a really good place for a Z apocalypse.

Japan is harsh. Thats even much worser than my high population density part of Germany. We have more Guns and bigger Cars at least..

>infect the water supply
Because there aren't filters on just about everything. Didn't know zombie virus is invincible to fucking chlorine and heat blasting. Those places aren't exactly open house.

>if someone bites you
I'd see a fucking doctor after I put the freak's skull inwards. And what do you mean "play for the other team". How would I know my fellow zombies? If I'm a smart zombie, why would I be going about infecting people? Why not just live a normal life? If I'm so hungry for flesh, they sell $3 dollar-a-lb beef.

Also assuming I go to a hospital and they notice something is up, what's stopping them from call the CDC? Or better, yet, what if one of the nurses violates HIPAA act and texts everyone about the story? Mr face eater guy already got plenty of attention, what's stopping something like this from the same? Infinitely worse so if this is in a pop of at least 100k too.

>W E W you really want that hardmode.
I was just asking really. You're right in that it would be certain death for pretty much everyone globally.

>Really good place
Well, it's quite defensible, even the geography itself. A zombie apocalypse wouldn't last long. In fact I'd imagine the same for a lot of tropical-style islands and they'd become beacons for survivors, considering even years down the line when the entire world's overrun, we still have hot water, crops and watching movies at home.

Ffs then infect the people individually. Bleed on their sandwich or something like this.

Well I assumed that the craving for brains is so hard that you can't function in normal society. You devote all your time and energy to finding brains. So an apocalyptic situation is beneficial to you.

Just Imagine infected military personnel. Would be a cool scenario though. You are in a Holiday resort chilling and then infected military waltzes in and you have to survive...

>Islands

I think a lot of bigger nations would use a Division or two to Take over Islands as a last resort. Due to low population and a geographically sheltered situation they are easy to hold.

Definitely yes, we'd go back to being a military base, by yet another country. History repeats itself, but what the hey~ Considering the whole world would be burning and I can still have a hot shower and play vidya, I'd say count your blessings.

10/10

>grab big jugs of water like the ones in dispensers (15 steps from where I am)
>grab the food in the nearest vending machine (30 steps from where I am)
>lock myself up in my office
>wait until all the zombies starved

True. I think it will be more along the lines of tiny rations and hot showers after forced labour... still though.

>2/10
>vending machine falls on you while you try to crack it
>leg is broken and you are stuck
>Zombies eat you

>vending machine falls on you while you try to crack it
>cracking it
Nigga I just buy all of the shit inside, it's not like I will ever see the bill on my next paycheck.

>1/10
>Zombies eat you while buying every Single item in the vending machine

You seem salty.

Well, that IS a lot of potato chips..

To be fair there is no potato chips in this vending machine.

Nah just roasting you a little bit.

Well I'm in Melbourne and the next nearest city is Geelong I guess. Plan is I take my compound bow and machete, jump in my car with my family and drive up to Queensland. Assuming it's spread through bites that should give me a bit of breathing space at least a day to figure out what to do.

With a day to prepare (ideally when society can't collapsed) chances of Survival really rise.

Irl if Virus/Zombie shit should ever happen I am banking on my Veeky Forums factor. Maybe I know a day or two in advance.

If I can convince my Dad ist shopping till the credit card runs hot. If not I can use my far more modest student ressources and gtfo of the City.

Closest town to me with 100k is fucking g Dagenham.

It's already full of zombies so I'll do what I already do and never go there.

I'm writing about the initial outbreak of a zombie infection, my question being how many people could one unarmed man realistically injure before being taken down?

I have about 4 guns and about a thousand rounds of ammo among each of em so I think im okay

I'm fully prepared for the collapse of civilization.

10/10 made me chuckle

Depends on the situation.

If he is in a crowded space 4-6.

10 if you are stretching it, patient Zero was a quarterback and the infection spreads through small scratches.