Fate of Konor - Imperium is 2 for 2!

Next up, some place called Nethanus!
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/fate-of-konor-imperial-victory-on-konor/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40000.com/download-resources/
regimental-standard.com/2017/08/09/konor-war-diaries-part-3-nethamus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay so we had a hive and a forge world and now we are fighting for a agri world, whats next, of the Imperium win this they will have the weapons the manpower and the supplies to win the campaign.

There'll probably be a shrine world somewhere in there.

Chaos players need to get their soul grinders, titans, and knights together!

We're bringing Tallarn back baby

My bet is the next one, and this would be the Morale planet, if the imperium win what could the last two be?

Ready to suck my mechanized cock, chaosfags?

So aside from even GW saying xenos players should side with Chaos does anyone else feel this weeks mission is a bit of a gimmie for chaos?

Exodite world to win more Eldar pussy

>and the supplies
user, I don't think agri world once infected by Nurgle is any good to keep. It's of no use anymore.

Now that you said this I can imagine piezoelectric generator powered by Slaaneshi desperately sucking mechanical dildos

Does anyone have the pdf version of the week three mission?

I'm a completely Warhammer 40k virgin and just opened that website, can someone explain to me what I'm looking at?

Is this one of those player-based narratives where the FLGS registers a fight as being part of the campaign, and log which side wins?

Yes.
Tge main plot us that the Death Guard (Chaos Space Marine who follow Nurgle) are leading an attack to the Konor sector, which is vital to make invasions to Ultramar (home of the Ultramarines and one of few places in the Imperium where life does not suck) easier and (literally) shit on Guilliman's return.
Chaos players fight Imperium players to decide what happens to each planet which is decided with victory pointd, and xenos player can fight one of the other two to steal their points. (And it seems most xeno players sided with the Imperium)

>and xenos player can fight one of the other two to steal their points.
I never got this part, desu.
I mean, the Imperium's officially in a frenemy(?) alliance with the Ynnari Eldar faction, having their points not go directly to the Imperium doesn't make much sense.

Everyone else (especially Orks)? Yeah, pick and choose which side loses points. But giving the Eldar the ability to take away points from the Imperium doesn't make a lot of sense lore-wise.

>But giving the Eldar the ability to take away points from the Imperium doesn't make a lot of sense lore-wise.
Are you joking? Eldar are traitorous xeno witches, they turned Armageddon into a war zone just to save thousand Eldar lives.

I'd post the pdf. file here myself, but apparently it's too big.
Here's a link to the download page though:
warhammer40000.com/download-resources/

Well if you listen to Veeky Forums they mostly sided with the Imperium because nobody likes Chaos players, and Chaos gets treated as the ultimate doomsday now so I guess dealing with Imperial jerks is better than getting End Times'ed.

That being said I think that points out just how flawed the campaign is by throwing an entire third of the playerbase under the bus as glorified sidekicks.

But user, GW told you that chaos had already spent too long languishing out of the spot light. Chaos has been ignored and unappreciated for too long. That's why GW has said that an objective of 8e is for Chaos to have a chance to be in the fluff again.

GW's opinion is the wrong opinion

chaosfags deserve to be bullied

>GW's opinion is wrong
Pretty much the story of 40k's life since Priestley left in 2010

thanks friend

Well i would be more disapointed of the fact i play necrons if it wasnt for the fact that i dont have a GW store nearby. Oh well, part of my army isnt GW models anyway so i'd be kicked out.

Do Imperium vs. Imperium games count as wins for the Imperium?

If a Xenos player declares they will fight for the Imperium, and then plays against the Imperium, does it count as a win for the Imperium?

I'm asking these dumb questions, because Imperium players make up the bulk of the player base, and I'd imagine they'd have a hard time finding games against "actual enemies".

Yes and yes.
Welcome to the reason why Impy's are more or less guaranteed to win.
Space Marines can fight each other in glorified masturbatory war-games yet still contribute to the war effort.
GW should really have set a "If both players factions are the same, roll off to see who represents Chaos or vice versa" rule.
Sure it wouldn't stop anyone who actually wanted to skew local results but at least it's a definite "stop cheating you shitheads" instead of the wishy washy policy we have now.
Or hell at the very least go through the effort to list which side every race in the game is fighting for so that actual faction lines are drawn.

^ I thought as much.

An easier solution would be to count defeats rather than victories. If Imperium vs. Imperium leads to an Imperium defeat (which it would, obviously), then Chaos gets +1.

But, I know how Chaos can win now. They need to play more games than the sum of all Imperium games combined.

So, have Chaos vs. Chaos games, and one player concede after turn one. Build all Flyers lists (and with the new Boots on the Ground rule), lose at the start of each game. Then have a rematch. Etc.

Elder, despite being able to see the future, will never ask for help, explain their actions, or try to suggest a mutual beneficial alliance against a common threat without shooting their so-called allies in the Dick at least once.

See: every single Dawn of War game.

>Chaos is getting their ass kicked
Good. I'm sick and tired of Chaos. It's always "Chaos is the Greatest threat" this and "We will Destroy the Galaxy" that. And then they have the gall to cry "b-b-but we're underrepresented!" Fuck them. I hope that this entire campaign results in a wipeout for Chaos. Maybe then GW will realize that nobody but their resident hacks gives a shit about their edgy pet faction.

>So aside from even GW saying xenos players should side with Chaos
What? Why? Why would that make sense in any fashion for anyone except Orkz? Do they even read their own Lore?
>does anyone else feel this weeks mission is a bit of a gimmie for chaos?
That'll just make it all the sweeter when they lose.

>Good. I'm sick and tired of Chaos. It's always "Chaos is the Greatest threat" this and "We will Destroy the Galaxy" that. And then they have the gall to cry "b-b-but we're underrepresented!" Fuck them. I hope that this entire campaign results in a wipeout for Chaos.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that as well. If GW does one thing right in the future, it'll be to hire some people who aren't obsessed with Chaos as 'muh big bad' and actually make the other factions in the setting have some time in the sun while Chaos fucks off back to the Warp and stays there for a good couple years.

Chaos has had too much time in the sun? I think you mean "Imperium".

Chaos is the Saturday morning cartoon villain of the setting - losing each and every week, only to say "I'll get you next time! Neeeext tiiiiiime!" and coming back.

With something like 60% of the player base playing "good guy" Spaaaace Mehreens, I'm hoping for a Horus Heresy like outcome, where the goodie goodie chapters turn on each other. Blood Angels fall to Khorne. Space Wolves fall to Tzeentch (just as planned).

Then the xenos (Necron and Tyrinids) gain ground. Tyranids eat the galaxy. Necrons get all spooky.

Eldar get tricked. The Yncarne is Slaanesh. All the Macha "we're the true good guys" fanboy players become butt hurt. This pleases Slaanesh.

Orcs kill lots of guardsmen. They emerge as a not-the pawn-of-chaos faction.

T apostrophe ow develop acute chronic weeboism. There is no cure.

I think that's terribly contrived for the sake of being needlessly Grimdark, and on top of that, incredibly stupid, and not in a funny way either. Why don't you apply for a job at Games Workshop, i think you'd fit in fine.

>Tyranids eat the galaxy.
Mate, if they can't successfully devoured an Ork empire like Octarius after 100 years of fighting over it, there's no way in hell they'd be able to eat the galaxy. The Orks are (for lack of a better term), the galaxy's extremely violent immune system, and they're everywhere.

Imperium is the default and Chaos is the irritating pet faction of Black Library writers. Frankly I'd prefer they both were sent to the back burner for awhile and Xenos vs Xenos got an actual starter box for once. Hell, a Xenos vs Xenos campaign where Chaos and Imperium have to do the same thing Xenos do now would be even better.

This times 10000

I would have so much more enjoyed a campaign based around a Waaagh or something

> can't successfully devoured an Ork empire like Octarius after 100 years
Which is the biggest fucking ork Empire IIRC

Oh wow. Completely surprised me!

So for the 3rd Mission I expect to be playing against orks, with a stompa and Gazzy. Hows this guard list look?

I would if I could, but I can't work in the UK.

But, if you don't like the needlessly grimdark for the sake of grimdark setting, then why are you in this hobby? You love overpriced models?

>I would have so much more enjoyed a campaign based around a Waaagh or something
Hell, let's make it a WAAAGH!!! against the T'au in their home territory. Make their core systems actually in danger for once.

>Which is the biggest fucking ork Empire IIRC
I was referring more to the fact that Swarmy & what's left of Hive Fleet Leviathan have been trying to devour the planet of Octaria/Octarius since before the Great Rift open and still haven't pulled it off.

The average rate of a Nid fleet devouring a planet is 50-100 days, and that's with resistance.

They've been trying (and failing) to nom Octarius for at least a century. Even if Thraka's there leading the Orks, you'd think that Hive Fleet would've gotten somewhere on eating the planet in the last 100-112 years...

What were the exact stats of each win?

I want to see how much of a curb stomp it was.

Octarius is a Sector and the location of the Ork Empire of Octarius, one of the largest concentrations of orks in the galaxy.

>have been trying to devour the planet of Octaria/Octarius
Given how many Orks even outside Octarius this big fight attracted, combined Tyranid and Ork biomass on the planet would double its weight.
>and that's with resistance
PDF is no resistance against Fleet and Tyranids prepate the planet for consumption as the fight goes on. Plants grow faster, bugs looks for suitable traits in the local organisms, etc. They don't start the process after the fight is over.
>Even if Thraka's there leading the Orks, you'd think that Hive Fleet would've gotten somewhere on eating the planet in the last 100-112 years...
If Orks can fight Tyranids it means they have genes worth consuming. If Orks don't win it means Tyranids can acquire them. Hive Mind is a simple entity. It sees genes, it eats.

>Tau
>actually in danger
Do you believe what you write?

Octarius is both a planet and a sector. The Octarius sector is the location of the ork empire of Octarius with the planet Octarius being the central world of the empire.

Before they got to Octarius (the planet) they had already eaten two ork held planets in Octarius (the system) and pretty much every ork in the system descending on Octarius (the planet).

You miss the point of why 40k is Grimdark. It was written Grimdark to facilitate the awesome shit of 40k. To free the setting from things like Moral Conventions and the players from worrying about being the bad guys and let people just enjoy the ULTRA-FUCKING-VIOLENCE! But then you Chaos fags had to go and forget that, and instead just go i a crusade to be the edgiest motherfuckers known to man. And then you act as if people should take you seriously for it because 40k had Grimdark.

one looks like a ocean world, just in case Chaos needs more salt

According to the mission post the stuff inside the harvesting machines is still untainted.

>still untainted
We all know how it's turns out in the fluff.
"Ooopsie, it was actually tainted, should've checked thrice. Now Ultramar is infected with Nurgle's Rot or Zombie Plague or Guilliman's Gangrene or something."

>Before they got to Octarius (the planet) they had already eaten two ork held planets in Octarius (the system) and pretty much every ork in the system descending on Octarius (the planet).
Yeah, and then Ghaz showed up, killed a Malwoc, and rallied all the Orks on Octarius (the planet) to literally kill every single bug on the planet at the time.

Leviathan's response? Send a couple more tendrils at the now heavily fortified, cutting-edge tech Ork opposition. All before the Great Rift opened mind you.

Which means Swarmy and Ghaz's forces have been fighting for the last century in the galaxy's biggest meatgrinder-murderfest (there was a brief moment where the Blood Crusade decided to jump in the middle and fight both... it didn't end well for the Khornates involved). Not that Gork and Mork really mind the idea of having bugs to squash for the last hundred years. Gives da boyz a fun (and challenging) enemy to punch around.

Homophobic much?

I don't even play Chaos, but I think your butt hurt pleases Slaanesh.

How is trying to conquer a galaxy "edgy"? Do you even know what that means?

And clearly, you have some great idea to advance the story from 5 minutes to midnight to 4 minutes to midnight, so let's hear it.

>Homophobic much?
>Not knowing what the -fag suffix actually means
Let me guess, you're new to Veeky Forums?

Don't worry, summer is almost over.

Fuck off, you summer faglord

>Homophobic much?
Deflection much?
>I don't even play Chaos, but I think your butt hurt pleases Slaanesh.
I think you're usage of phrases like this stinks of Reddit.
>How is trying to conquer a galaxy "edgy"? Do you even know what that means?
It isn't, but trying to destroy all reality is, which you'd know about if you actually read the lore instead of just reading memes.
>And clearly, you have some great idea to advance the story from 5 minutes to midnight to 4 minutes to midnight, so let's hear it.
I don't want a story. A story requires a clear endgame with central characters and climactic events, which 40k lacks. Although I do admit, if 40k were a story, Chaos would never be the protagonist anyways.

congratulations you've graduated from chaosfag to regular fag
a lot of people are sick of chaos, particularly those that played fantasy
other evil factions need to be shown off too or shit just starts getting bland

and don't give me any of that "chaos is the primordial ebil/end of all things" shit
part of the reason why 40k became successful in the first place is because of the sheer variety of factions and aesthetics that got smushed together and somehow ended up working to create a fun universe for adventures and good old fashioned ultra-violence
the galaxy is not just good humans vs. eviler, spikier humans as much as the writers might want to opine

Humans vs eviler, spiker humans is too kind.
It's gotten so bland its become humans vs 4 Space Satans and their armies from Space Hell (and not the fun kind like in Doom).

It's fair to not want a story, but I thought the whole reason they (GW) are doing this Imperium v. Chaos thing is because many people DID want a story. They were sick of the timeline being stuck at 5 minutes to midnight.

And I'm sorry if anything I wrote created the impression I read memes. I agree that Chaos shouldn't be the only antagonists (or did you actually mean "protagonists"?), but they are clearly doing it this way to sell expensive toys. Kid wants toys. He gets "good guys" from the box set, dad gets "bad guys".

And Abby is trying to destroy reality? I thought he was out to make the Imperium burn. Sorry if that's wrong (I'm new and trying to catch up).

>4 Space Satans
fucking please
it's more like 1.5 space satans if you look at all the publicity

If you think the campaign will change anything, then you are truly dumbasses. This campiegn is just a prologue for Ultramar round 2.

Nah, Charadon

The largesr Tyranid fleet yet couldn't defeat the Baal System and was defeated there. Tyranids are a joke.

Fellow newfag here, I will help you out.

>It's fair to not want a story, but I thought the whole reason they (GW) are doing this Imperium v. Chaos thing is because many people DID want a story.
Not exactly.

>They were sick of the timeline being stuck at 5 minutes to midnight.
That is true.

>And I'm sorry if anything I wrote created the impression I read memes.
Welcome to Veeky Forums, everyone is an asshole.

>I agree that Chaos shouldn't be the only antagonists (or did you actually mean "protagonists"?),
The Imperium is the protagonist faction. Chaos is the main antagonist faction. Everyone in 40K are different kinds of evil, the less evil factions would be the Imperium, the Eldar and the Tau.

>but they are clearly doing it this way to sell expensive toys. Kid wants toys. He gets "good guys" from the box set, dad gets "bad guys".
That is true, I guess.

>And Abby is trying to destroy reality? I thought he was out to make the Imperium burn. Sorry if that's wrong (I'm new and trying to catch up).
The Chaos Gods wants to destroy reality (again), Abbadon wants to conquer the Imperium and become it's new Emperor, planning to backstab the Chaos Gods in their moment of glory.

It was defeated by "rift opens, all die".

>last season's NPC villain defeated by this season's NPC villain

Okay so here's the thing.
The new generation of writers (i.e 2011ish onwards) like chaos.
But the marketing department (and in turn the modeling budget) likes money.
And marines are money.
If you keep all of these things in mind a lot more of geedubs decisions make more sense.

The problem with all of this Progress™ is that a lot of it is thematically blind with primarchs and chaos just sticking their dicks into everything because primarchs and their new marines make money while the writers love them chaosboys.

Take the devastation of Baal for example.
This giant god damn conflict has been hyped up since forever and no one actually thought that the blood angels would be wiped out, but the war itself was going to be a grand affair with the entirety of the BA's coming together (including freaking renegade chapters) to defend their home.
It was going to be another Macragge level event with the Imperium barely winning by the skin of their teeth and through the countless sacrifice of heroes and heroic actions against a terrible yet worthy enemy.

But how does it resolve with the coming of 8th?
Half of Leviathan just fucking disappears because Chaos™ while Gullyman flies in with his mega marines to save the day, simultaneously annoying both BA and Nid fans.
Like it's not even a criticism of the quality of writing but instead of thematic stupidity.
And now apparently Angron is rumored to be getting involved/stealing the spotlight on Armageddon, one of the like two actually important Ork warzones and it's just getting really tiring having Chaos involved in fucking everything.
Especially after Endtimes.

40k is grimdark because when it was created it was just an amalgation of Starship Troopers, Dune and 2000 AD

>Gee, I hate the Imperium!
>Lets make it so that every thing leads back to Chaos! Fuck the Imperials, am I right?

>I'm hoping for a Horus Heresy like outcome, where the goodie goodie chapters turn on each other. Blood Angels fall to Khorne. Space Wolves fall to Tzeentch (just as planned).
you're a dumbass with terrible opinions, mate

>Eldar get tricked. The Yncarne is Slaanesh. All the Macha "we're the true good guys" fanboy players become butt hurt. This pleases Slaanesh.
This is so stupid I'm almost convinced you work for GW.

How?! The defender (imperium) has a huge advantage. Not to mention only space Marines have a coffees currently

Holy shit you're a colossal faggot. Go back to you know where.
You're the reason I'm giving all of my wins to the imperium.

> "rift opens, all die".

Just the Tyranid hive fleet disappeared. No other part of the Baal system was touched or destroyed. So clearly the Tyranids must have fucked up something. Warpstorms of that magnitude do not just leave worlds as they were.

Because they want their favourite faction to win.

Storm of Chaos all over again

>What? Why? Why would that make sense in any fashion for anyone except Orkz? Do they even read their own Lore?
Because only chaos or imperium can win, and its not even close atm, imperium are facerolling chaos

>The largesr Tyranid fleet yet couldn't defeat the Baal System and was defeated there. Tyranids are a joke.
Except they could easily, the blood angels pulled in every successor chapter, nids killed off 5 chapter masters and were still pushing the blood angels shit in with ease, this is also after the necrons super nova'd a sun to blow up part of the fleet.

All that and the nids were still winning, until a galaxy splitting rift swallowed most the fleet

Like I care. I don't play Imperium either.

Your inability to detect non-serious posts is incredible. Nice job!

I truly value your criticism. Even better, are the ideas you put forward. You brighten the Internet every time you post.

I expect they will flesh out the conflict on Baal in novels and in the BA codex (probably novels more), since that = more $$ for them. But I agree, the end result is very "hand wavy".

OK - that's what I thought re: Abbadon. How is he being "edgy" then? Galactic conquest is what it is.

No body gives a shit about Harmless or what he wants. The way they wrote him during the Fall of Cadia has shown that on a subconscious level even the Chaosfag writers can't take him seriously.

>The way they wrote him during the Fall of Cadia has shown that on a subconscious level even the Chaosfag writers can't take him seriously.

You mean as hyper intelligent guy who countered every single absurd asspull that the Imperium and their allies threw at him? Wow you cunt with your selective reading.

>countered every single absurd asspull
How is this not absurd asspull in itself?

It wasn't. The fate of Cadia was hinted at for years and Abaddon has been planning for 10K years making sure he covered his ass on every single contingency.

>The fate of Cadia was hinted at for years and Abaddon has been planning for 10K years making sure he covered his ass on every single contingency.
Is that why he lost over and over until the new writers came on board?

>has been planning for 10K
user do you understand that over such vast periods of time so many factors will change your old 1000 old plans become obsolete? So it's just an absurd asspull to end all asspulls?

>Is that why he lost over

He won.

He has a cabal of Chaos farseers that includes a time travelling daemon prince who has been there and seen it all. So no asspull. Abaddon putting value in foresight helped out. Which explains why he wasn't that bothered when the Fortress exploded and had a backup plan.

>listening to the powers of Chaos
>yet making accurate plans somehow
>time travelling
>So no asspull
Do you read what you write?

It wasn't accurate. It just forewarned him of stuff going down but not all of it. Girlyman's rise was totally unforeseen and Abaddon did not have a plan for it.

>It's okay when the Eldar do it

>Abaddon did not have a plan for it
Don't worry it will be changed in the fluff soon

>He won
>tfw Chadiman is back
>tfw he's got chadmarines with him
>tfw Celestine and Creed got away
>tfw Cawl is inventing even more cool shit
>tfw Ynnead has been born
>tfw Imperium is 2 for 2 in Konor
>tfw invasion of Macragge failed
>tfw Morty and his boys are cucked yet again
>tfw still armless
>tfw winning

seems very possible, chaos is getting it's teeth knocked in and will need some nudging to get what they want.

He won at Cadia and has set the setting on a deathtimer as the Great Rift expands. Cawl still hasn't perfected the Imperial Pylons nor has he finished his Old One+Necron fusion plot device.

And what Mort does is on him, nobody else.

>Warpstorms of that magnitude don't just leave worlds as they were
Unless they're a contrivance to kill off Leviathan while sparing the Blood Angels and all the Tyranids on Baal who are destined to die to show everyone how cool Primaris Marines are.
Sometimes I wonder how GW gets away with writing shite like this and then I remember that their customer base has a ton of 10 and 12 year olds whose opinions on quality are so underdeveloped and ill-formed they'll actually defend this Baal fluff. What's actually upsetting though is how hard Veeky Forums's mods are dropping the ball in enforcing Global Rule #2 despite the obviousness of such infractions.

>He won.
After failing twelve times before. The 'everything was just as planned' explanation pushed by GW's writers for Gathering Storm with regard to the other 12 Black Crusades is a load of squigshit.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how in the seven hells the colossal clusterfuck that was Black Crusade #11 is somehow a 'just as planned' victory for Abaddon.

Dude lost to a random WAAAGH!!! after failing to find another way out of the Eye of Terror that didn't go by Cadia. How is that anything other than a loss?

No, I mean as that guy who lost 2 Blackstone Fortesses, failed to kill a cigar smoking midget or a depowered living saint, who is essentially just a regular human, got stabbed and had to teleport away like a little bitch, and only won because the Necron Pylons exploded for no reason.

>After failing twelve times before.

Post ignored in the same way you ignored the fluff. If you want to be replied seriously then respond seriously.

>because the Necron Pylons exploded for no reason.

And this has to be trolling because nobody read the Gathering Storm would say.

I-imperial Pylons?

nani?!

>Campaign goes three for three
>Tiebreaker fight on...
>THE SUN, KONORIS

Honestly, it'll never happen, but fluffing that up as an improvised fight happening on archeotech energy-gathering platforms in high orbit above the sun would be stupid fun.

Zone Mortalis with exposed outside zones and flickering protective force fields, and if one goes down or anything steps outside unprotected, they get fucked over very fast.

I-impylons?

I'll admit that would be pretty bitchin.

>post ignored
So you just don't have anything to actually respond/refute to that guy's post? Because you're clearly in the wrong? ok, good chat!

Nope, he himself says he is ignoring the lore and the rest of he is proud that he didn't read the lore behind Fall of Cadia and how it goes about the true objective of the Black Crusades. I cannot be bothered with someone who's not interested in an honest discussion. I do not have it in me to repeat myself again and again about lore that's readily available. There is one think that I am prepared to talk about and repeat myself on and it's this hunk over here. As for the rest, you can eat my dick.

Cawl is fusing Old One, Eldar, and Necron technology together to create the Imperial Pylons. The final solution to Chaos.

Sounded to me from the mission debrief that they did mass controlled burns like how firefighters fight wild fires by essentially burning a swath of area so when the wild fire arrives, there's nothing left for it ot spread to, only they're burning it so plague has nothing to spread to. Behind the burn line are massive harvesting factories trying to harvest all the edibles.

Should be interesting:
regimental-standard.com/2017/08/09/konor-war-diaries-part-3-nethamus/

How the fuck did he even get Old One tech? I haven't checked in on 40k in a while holy shit.