Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Mortarion Edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=COdP1FENCJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I might have to start a deathguard army now.

I know I am. I already own Dark Imperium, might as fucking well. I've never had a Chaos force before.

Squats

>not trading one force away

I've got two Death Guard sides and I'm more than happy with it. Most of the models are great to have two of.

Except maybe the bell boy. But he's awesome. Love me some bell boy.

>An abacus

Does he help you figure out the numbers and advantages of turning traitor versus staying loyal?

Fudge Tallyman.

GW could have made traitor marine with an abacus. And it would be greatest thing ever. But, they did one step more and made skull abacus.
How can loyalist eaven compete?

Even then, bellboy can make a decent typhus conversion

Has anyone kitbashed admech kataphrons with Necron destroyers? I kinda want to get some necrons to toy around with because the infantry is awesome but I'm way more fond of skynet oldcrons than space Egypt newcrons. Was hoping to make destroyers more like pic related (still play with the appropriate rules though, just changing the cosmetics of the bottom)

Loyalist on suicide watch, professionals claim death guard tallyman to blame.

The Death Guard terminator kit is a duel kit that allows you to build Grave Wardens or Deathshroud.

How? They got different armour patterns.

youtube.com/watch?v=COdP1FENCJY

THE TIME FOR NURGLE HAS COME!.

In HH.

In 40k Chaos Terminators just wear shity cobbled together mishmash plate. One of the pics we already have of a DG Termie he has a different pattern armour for each shoulder.

He even fudges how many commit suicide.

should workout, the tops are just humans so necrons on the top should be fine. you want to make the necron itself less refined so it fits with the aesthetics of the bottom

Xth for Guardbros are literally the most kino posters ITT. They actually play and paint, post, and improve on their work.

You would have the most OP character. Not even the Black Templars are immune to him.

Can you guys post some silly 40k greentext screenshots?

Also why did GW make Primaris marines and put them in a starter box set?

Awesome, thanks user. Will give it a whirl

user I agree but don't keep posting this every thread, there's a point where you're just sucking the guys dick and that's gay.

I wish RGG the best with his paintin'.

How do u know dis?

Or was it just different style pad? I mean, DI lord has domed pads on his Cataphractii and so do Custodes.

tallyman has fudged the number of alpharius' often.

Because they intend to squat manlets marines in a few years.

nice digits

This guy could go toe to toe with Magnus...and win...

>READ THE FUCKING MANUAL?
>BOY I WRITE THE FUCKING MANUAL

Soul Grinders, time to deploy en masse!

In honor of tally man a death guard story.

The DI Lord of Contagion was explicitly said to have scavenged indomitus termie shoulder pads for his cataphractii suit because Chaos gear is scavenged and buckled together from whatever they can get their hands on.

And the other guy I'm talking about has two DIFFERENT shoulder pads, like one pattern on the left and a different one on the right.

Point is, armour pattern doesn't mean shit to 40k DG, so they could easily have a terminator dual-kit that has units which used to be different suits. They're just going to look like a mess of pus and tentacles and rusted plates regardless.

Congrats user, you just got a job at GW! For your employee benefit you get to choose a single model or unit to update to nu-GW with new rules. If it does well the rest of the model's range will get an update too. Quick, what's your choice?

Guys talking about Abaddon's size should know this. Abaddon is said to be the same size as Horus. When Abaddon and Horus Reborn face to face they were identical in every aspect except armour and armaments.

Abaddon should get a new model that reflects that. I mean when Abaddon fought kharn, he towered over him and was overpowered him like some giant. Kharn confirmed manlet

I could see that, but I think there's just no way they're gonna keep Abaddon at space marine size with the way things have been going with important characters. Archaon is a pretty obvious comparison but that's a universe where they can sell a giant model by putting a dude on a giant mount. I think the unfortunate truth is he'll either get killed off and replaced with someone else big (maybe Lorgar? He has a pretty good personal conflict with Emperor stand-in Guilliman and a potential claim to be the most Chaos Undividedy of the Chaos primarchs) or get a dreadnought sized model.

Let me fudge some numbers

Black Templar Sword Brethren, just give Reivers a tabard and a power Zweihander and wrist-mounted bolters.

Good. Magnus still has night terrors about this dude.

He still gotta paint them damn hands and clean up that gun. Better though, even though i play agains fucking grey hordes most the time and his original dudes wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

As I mainly play tyranids, and most of their range is already solid, I'll throw the guard players a bone and update their infantry with glorious Vostroyans.

Well, Abaddon refused becoming a Daemon Prince, but really, what's stopping the Chaos Gods from just turning him into one?

You

see

Also you can play Archaon without the mount. Archaon is like three or two times larger than an Stormcast who are supposed to be the same height as space marines sometimes taller.

Shit & giggles

Mortarion and the Death Guard codex will give chaos the points it needs to turn the battle of Konor.

Just got the new space marine codex because I'm a slowpoke.

Why the fuck did tech marines lose conversion beamers when they got them in the index?

Likewise why did dreadnoughts lose weapon options like autocannons which were also in the index?

Is GW just covertly removing options or did I miss an faq ?

They can only corrupt and influence those who willingly give their souls to them

>we have 2 examples of marines putting on different shoulder pads
>ergo, deathshourds and grave wardens were the same suit

Well, they better have 4" movement and 5+ Inv. save then.

>They're just going to look like a mess of pus and tentacles and rusted plates regardless.

I dunno, so far they've all looked like Cataphractii.

Will power, Abaddon has literally being given enough blessings by the gods to be turned into a Demon Prince or a Spawn and he keeps denying them the ascension by sheer force of will.

You guys are all way overthinking this. Abaddon is gonna get cucked to lieutenant tier when they bring back Horus.

They didn't give Ahriman a fuckhuge model on a giant mount. They just updated him to modern standards, and then released fucking Magnus. Same deal will happen with Abby.

GW does not care that much about the old characters. 8e is Primarch Edition.

The new novel explains it. Willpower. The Chaos Gods are putting tremendous pressure on Abaddon's body, mind, and soul so that he would give in and become theirs. Abaddon endures but Khayon is really worried about him.

It does not make sense, but then Chaos lore is for edgy teenagers

They better win at least one planet or this is going to be dreadfully dull.

Put up a fight you cucks.

[citation needed]

Just so I can have a laugh.

Why would they? How useful have most daemon princes been at leading mortal armies. You have a general who doesn't even occupy the same plane of existence, let alone the same concept of time nor space. How is he going to make a good general?

standard chaos space marines and Fallen can swap their bolter for a chain-sword for free or take a chain-sword in addition to their other gear for 1pt per model

>when they bring back Horus.
>this level of delusion.

GW doesn't put rules in anymore for models they don't currently sell. If you still have those old models or conversions lying around you can use the index entries.

Space Marines had their codex a month sooner. I'm not sure how powerful the Chaos and Death Guard codices will be but I'm betting they'll rely heavily on model sales for Konor points.

If Sigmar is Thor, who's the rest of the pantheon?

Because those don't have official models. You can use the index for legacy rules though.

But the whole point of the Black Legion is the rejection of Primarchs and specifically Horus. Horus has literally no hold over the Legion because it's not just the renamed Sons of Horus it's an entirely new Legion that formed after the official disbanding of the Sons by Abaddon.

What doesn't make sense about it?

Has this ever been the case? Chaos was always an influence you couldn't just shake off, and if they wanted it, they'd just do a big fuck-you and fuck up whatever they wanted anyway

Well that sure sounds like some anime-tier mary-sueness.

It's happened before.

Rumourmongers are already talking about how the fags who run the Black Library HH series are gloating about how they're going to retcon the end of it when the last books come out to leave openings for Horus and Sanguinius to come back, because GW loves money and doesn't give a shit about autists precious outdated lore.

If you don't think every Chaos player will immediately run out and buy the new Horus figure when it comes out just like all the loyalists scrambled to get Guilliman you're a retard.

Does this mean that Abbadon's will > Chaos?

>Why would they? How useful have most daemon princes been at leading mortal armies. You have a general who doesn't even occupy the same plane of existence, let alone the same concept of time nor space. How is he going to make a good general?

Actually, the Chaos Gods care not for the wars in real space. Their victory there is assured anyways as the walls of reality continue to crumble with each passing age. What the Chaos Gods care about is the Great Game of Chaos.

Abaddon is the greatest Chaos champion ever was and probably ever will be. Greater than even the primarchs. If any of the Chaos Gods can turn him to his side and bind him with daemonhood, then daemonic Abaddon will ensure the supremacy of the god in the Great Game.

>when they bring back Horus
>mfw you actually believe this

hey guys, i have a quick question. yesterday i ordered something from waylandgames for the first time. how is your expierience with them? the item i ordered was the last one in stock, any chance it´ll arrive within next week?

Do Night Lord's dicks shrivel up and retreat inside their bodies when they see a Chad Reiver bearing down on them?

Don't the Iron Warriors or someone wait for the "true emperor" Horus?

>8e is Primarch Edition

Yess, more posthuman meat for the grinder. They've yet to make one I can't beat to death with an angry pack of electro-priests, although I suspect Mortarion will be that Primarch. Sure, I may lose a bunch, but it's satisfying as all hell when those things die. My favoured Lords of War are either a Knight or a Marauder Destroyer, but I can't find any autocannon bitz that don't take up loads of room and look ugly on the side of my Space Whale I'm making into one.

>implying a properly reborn Horus wouldn't break Abbadabadoo over his knee and the will of the black legion at the same time

>spouting old lore like GW gives a shit
They just pulled PRIMARIS SPESS MAREENS out of there ass with no fucks given, you think they care what the Black Legion lore says? They'll write something new to go with the new developments.

The Codex is not being released until September, and Konor will be basically finished by then.

So in order for Morty to have any tangible effect on the outcome of Konor, he would have to be some seriously broken ass shit.

Te Black Legion series and other novels say that Horus's soul was erased from existence

>Well that sure sounds like some anime-tier mary-sueness.

Maybe but thats been the case since like 4th edition at least and in general its how posessed marines keep their demons in check so they dont consume their souls.

>can only corrupt and influence those who willingly give their souls to them
>willingly give their souls
>willingly
Nurgle must have one hell of PR team, because those Nurgle Zombies and Poxwalker sure happen rather easily.

>as the walls of reality continue to crumble with each passing age

Gee, I wonder what could have facilitated that. Gee, I wonder what the point of Abaddon's Crimson Path was. Gee.

See It's happening whether we like it or not.

I dunno, at this point, after the Master Of Mankind novel, killing the fuck out of Horus is about the only thing left that the Emperor actually did right (eventually). I could definitely see ADB wanting to take his one and only remaining achievement away from him.

I can get behind the idea of supressing a daemons will with your own, but the Chaos Gods?

I think they are more like the DC New Gods.

Sigmar is the Highfather, Nagash is Darksied, Archaon is the Antimonitor, etc.

They can easily kill you and also take control of your body, but total dominion is only given when the user willingly gives their soul and submits to corruption.

He wouldn't, because that would mean having someone superior to abbie and ADB just can't have that

He has no shortage of attention.

It's ending that soon?!

Man, that's some broken shit. Why would GW have a campaign between their blue posterboys and stinky bad guys that haven't even been released?

>demonhost are a thing
Hell random demon possession happens without the psyker willing wanting to be daemon toy pussy.

Can I use a mixture of index entries and the codex then? That seems bizarre.

There are still some factions of the old Sons of Horus who worship their Primarch but not the Iron Warriors.

Did Nagash job recently?

What part of retcons don't you understand.
Let me explain to you how this process works because you seem to think the GW executives give a fuck about your continuity opinions.

>Hey these Primarchs are really selling, what are we putting out next?
>Well, that was all the living ones
>Okay, so bring back some of the dead ones
>But the old novels written by guys that don't work for the company any more say their soul was erased from existence...
>That's nice, call up Laurie, tell him to unerase their soul from existence, and also put our new PRIMARIS MARINES prominently in the new book, start doing the prototype mockups for this Horace guy

>waylandgames
>next week
Next year more likely

Thinking of picking up a contemptor dread for my Thousand Sons, would an ectoplasma cannon + hellflamer work well either fluffwise or in a general TS army?

>Emperor kills Horus effortlessly
>Abaddon stumbles in, somehow Drachnyen shows up and they tear the Emperor a new one
>Emperor gets away anyway because something something JUST AS PLANNED and WE ALREADY WON LIKE A BILLION YEARS AGO MUAHAHAHA
>Abaddon retreats because something something MUST LEAD THE LONG WAR AND NOT JUST TAKE TERRA NOW
>Somehow Sanguinius dies
Screenshot this.

Only if the index entries weren't updated in the codex. And you use the points values from the codex wherever they contradict each other.

Abaddon accelerated the process. The walls of reality are only being held up by the Pylons. The pylon network was damaged and would get more damage as time proceeds and the power of Chaos grows.

Olly's storyline points at him stabbing Horus with the god killing dagger though.

All the time.

Bring Anti-tank dreads
TSons don't struggle with infantry

keep dreaming