Roman world (with nice vamps) soon?

Roman world (with nice vamps) soon?

Or is this to close to Theros?

No, this looks like a Roman world. Probably with a gladiatorial focus.

But there were black legions.

Roman architecture, roman outfit, and iirc a roman word in the name. Definitely a roman world. They explicitly said there was enough space they had in mind to make a roman world distinct from greek world, and I think Mark said the emphasis would be on political intrigue and gladiator coliseum fights if they did it. Probably something like the continent of Otaria with the pit

It keeps on happening

And there were black emperors

Entire legions, you say?
Shieeeet!

Not entire legions, but a substantial portion

if everybody in our history was actually black, then why are we white?

To be fair, Jesus was middle-Eastern.

Because the crackas took our mind powers and shieet.

Fuckin' Limeys

Go far enough back, and everyone was black until they moved out of the fertile crescent.

Aka not black.

This better be Segovia and not a new Roman-inspired world

Not the point I was making, but yeah.

>but there were black Greeks
>but there were black Egyptians
>but there were black Romans
Yes, but they weren't the majority, problem with this shit is that blacks are the majority in all these settings and while is true that these settings are fantasy, it's fucking annoying and a double standard because you won't see white majority in an African like mtg setting or similar

Your point is obvious and irrelevant to the thread.

I am so tired of these "real world but fantasy" planes these sad fucks keep doing. There have been way too many in a short timeframe. Sadly, these lefty fucks don't have any imagination of their own so its what we are stuck with until they crash the game.

Go back far enough and nobody was black, since it's a later adaptation. Humanity did not originate in Africa, that's a very dated theory since Africa hasn't had the record for oldest human/human ancestor fossile records for a long time.

Marketing strategy, is basically a "historic revisionism but not really guys, why are you so racist?"

>Black
There were certainly Africans. Sub saharan, dark as night, West Africans like the media portrays? Itd be very few, definately far less prolific be than any modern interpretations. The origins of WE WUZ is that people dont seem to understand that Africa is a big place, but the Africans who want an Africa to identify with are from a single relatively small shore of Africa with a fuckhuge desert between their tribe and Eqyptians or the Mediterranean. Nearly every "African" described as black was more Middle Eastern and/or Semitic.

Oh I know full well what they are doing, I just didn't want to go full 1488 in my first post of a thread. The marked decline in all aspects of the game are signs enough that what they are doing is shit. They had to change their entire banning philosophy because they focused so much on SJW shit that the actual game suffered tremendously. The entire company is pozzed at this point.

A opposed to what that they've done in the past? Dominaria is just "a bunch of real world places but fantasy" instead of just one, with the ones that aren't up and up based on specific cultures STILL being pigeonholed into "thing continent", like the aforementioned Otaria being "pit fighter continent". Mirrodin was just "fantasy world but everything has metal" instead of "real world but fantasy".

Though, admittedly, I think Dominaria as we saw it in Time Spiral was a pretty distinct world. I guess they called it as "psot apocalyptic world" but that's such a broad generalized concept with no defined look or aesthetic other dark and dingy that it's not really going for anything in particular.

>The marked decline
May I see sources. I would actually love to believe what your saying, but I've been fooled too many times by people saying things I want to hear.

Hominids diverged from apes in Africa. It's not really up for debate. Some strains of early human continued breeding with other hominids after or during their exit from the African continent though.

I personally don't see MTG going away because of the SJW stuff on its own. While companies like Marvel hurt from the forced inclusion, the story is in the end secondary to the gameplay. Poor design decisions will stand by their own merit.

... Where are you getting majority from? Particularly from Theros.

There were plenty of people based on how we think of Modern Greece.

Are you confusing majority, with actually represented, and ... like not making the setting about ethnic tensions.

WE

And there were black kangz.

>Mirrodin was just "fantasy world but everything has metal" instead of "real world but fantasy".
You say that like that's a bad thing. Mirrodin was cool, it was fantasy, it was exactly not what this guy was responding to. Think before you post.

You havnt kept up with the news? The oldest pre-human hominid fossil is now a jawbone from Greece at 7.2 million years old. The out of Africa theory has been openly challenged with the finding, its no longer the dominant theory

All of those things are unique enough that they aren't just pulled from our own real world mythos.
>fantasy Japan
>fantasy Greece
>fantasy Mongolia
>fantasy India
>fantasy Egypt
4 of these 5 totally unique places have arisen in the last 3 years. The company is creatively bankrupt at this time.

No sources just general observation. The entire banlist philosophy changing overnight due to the focus being on equality so hard they forgot they have to test their sets and balance them. Pros openly vocalizing their dislike of the game has also ramped up in the last 2 years. Quality control issues have ramped up as well, notice how many different shades of green are used for cards. Terrible design choices designed to trick you into buying product with lottery prizes like expeditions, masterworks, et all.
In the last year the company has:
>changed pro tours to not include modern, as WotC only cares about short term gain. They walked back on this decision, to applause from fans.
>changed the standard rotation to update with the new set layout. They walked back on this decision, to applause from fans
>changed set layout so they don't have to create as many new cards
>+1/+1 counter mechanic being reused ad nauseum with little difference to set them apart.

From a business standpoint, the company is in scramble mode. Changing things for short term gain with no outlook on long term holding of interest. If you don't see problems with what they are doing as a company, you haven't been playing long enough or don't care about how you spend your money.

I have an entire monowhite commander deck using only black people in white clothes with red accents. I'm just waiting on the perfect black person in white clothes with red accent legendary to put in there. I would get banned for playing it at a store.

Sure, some places on Dominaria where like that as well, but a lot of places weren't. Take Sarpadia or Terisiare for example, they've been fleshed out quite a bit and just calling them "Fantasy X" is a little easy. Also, planes like Rath, Mercadia, (Old) Phyrexia and Serra's realm were far more than simply a real world culture but with elves.

Also, most sets taking place on a single plane with many cultures instead of a plane with a single culture made it feel way more extensive and made me love sets like Invasion or Time Spiral

That's fucking stupid. What reason is "it's just a fantasy world but with metal" okay when "it's just a real world place but fantasy aspects" is bad? They are both equally shallow interpretations. And both are equally as inaccurate descriptions of any place they're actually aimed at. Amonkhet isn't just egypt but with minotaurs. It has aspects of egypt related things, but Egypt was certainly not a place where an ancient god tricked people into self destructive trials in order to make them into perfect zombie warriors. Theros is probably one of the few places where MAYBE the criticism is actually accurate, maybe.

Terisiare is like a textbook generic fantasy place, right down to an ancient powerful civilization. We don't really know anything about Sarpadia. Rath I guess is kinda unique as well, though there's not really anythign distinct about it. I don't think it's creative or interesting because it doesn't fall in line with a specific set of tropes. Mercadia is explicitly "merchant world", and it has the exact problem people bitched about Kaladesh just focusing on Ghirapur, except the city on the mountain is almost literally all there is to the plane, whereas in the case of Kaladesh there really is a wide open world, the story was just centered in the consulate in Ghirapur. Serra's Realm was just a heavenly place. It's not really unique or anything.

Well, that's good to know. I only play casual with my buddies and we buy are cards from Ebay and card shops. Hell, I'm the only one to buy booster packs and there the old ones such as Alara and Kamigawa and even that's a rarity. I've only bought a couple of cards from the newest sets, and even then most of my cards are Theros or earlier. Personally though, I would rather have them go out of business then them continuing to pull stupid shit like OP's pic to pander to a small market of buyers.

Because there is no machine-man culture on earth you fucking idiot. India and Egypt are cultural places on earth.
Do you think its a coincidence that Kaladesh had tons of trains?
Do you think its a coincidence that Amonkhet has tons of mummies?
Do y ou think its a coincidence that Theros had a Midas proxy?

They are sticking too close to their source material without using their imagination to do something better, something unique.

Thats just the general layout of the planes they use, then there's the can of worms that their antifa-esque storylines are now. Its all row row fight da powah bullshit about destabilizing existing cultures.

The eldrazi block was a good fantasy setting with unique ideas, just a shame they killed their one unique creature type in it.

rip eldrazi being unique and mysterious
rip slivers being slivers
rip oldwalkers
rip mtg

In Theros majority were Black, same in Amonkhet

Only one of the five Commanders from last year's set got flavor text. That same set came with more "other" legendaries for other decks in high demand than the others.

We've got a cat infestation in magic right now just because one person on the design teams is a catlady (male). The company is off the deep end right now.

I'm sure there was no ulterior motive involved. I am positive of it.

>Being this melodramatic.

not an argument or refutation.
>I know, I'll attack the poster and not his post!

WE

No joke, I was warned for posting this last thread.

Only one of those commanders got flavor text because only one of those commanders had enough SPACE for flavor text between their rules text and the necessary reminder text for said rules text.
Remember, they print in multiple languages - just because they can shrink the English text a bit more doesn't mean they can make it legible still if they fit another two lines of words in there in German.

They have different flavor text in every language. There's a very popular Diabolic Tutor (or Demonic? I forget) in German with a quote from Goethe's Faust.

Having more cats is invariably a good thing my man

You also forgot fantasy renaissance italy.

Dominaria was post-post-apocalyptic fantasy after the brother's war, with frequent references to it and it having a huge impact later on.

Mirrodin was an artificial world created by a planeswalker who was himself an artificial magic construct, which shaped his creation.

It's a huge oversimplification to just look at it and go "generic fantasy but X".

Even if you think it's all pretty shit.

Got a list? Sounds interesting

>No joke, I was warned for posting this last thread.
Is this how Veeky Forums crumples on itself. With mods that don't even allow casual racism or jokes anymore. Fucking hell, it's only a matter of time before Veeky Forums is another reddit or tumblr.

No, because there are modern finds of older fossils elsewhere.Keep up. Everything is up for debate if there is contradictory evidence, there has been for some time now.

Four legs good, two legs bad.

I want more cats, less cat people.

What about cat monkeys? or cat snakes? or cat dragons?

Four legs good, two legs better! All Animals Are Equal. But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others.

Probably caught in the crossfire from the other shit people were posting.

>It's a huge oversimplification to just look at it and go "generic fantasy but X".
And its a huge oversimplificatio n to say Kaladesh is just India but with fantasy aspects. Hell India isn't even what the world is based on. Its overarching theme was steampunk. But its so distinct no one realizes that. The Indian aesthetic was just a way to inform the details of the world like names and designs.

Cat Monkeys still walk on all fours a lot.

Cat Dragons walk on all fours.

Cat Snakes, sadly are very rare in mtg, still have 4 legs just long tube like bodies too.

What about cat dog mutant ninja turtles?

Does it purr?

Like a lhurgoyf.

Not again

Proof please.

If it's more like a Cognivore than a Mortivore then it's in.

I wish Regal Caracal hadn't rotated out of PennyDreadful this season, it went up to like 0.02 just before the cut off.

Shit, if you are believing things than aren't true. Amonkhet had a majority of Middle Eastern looking people, which isn't surprising given guess where Egypt is in?

>unique ideas

wew

It absolutely did not.

underrated post

>You also forgot fantasy renaissance italy.

Where do you mean?

egypt is in africa and "middle eastern" people are from asia.

Conspiracy.

And? do you really think everybody in Africa is black? North Africans and specially Egyptians were and are whiter than Alicia Keys

No they aren't, you racist fuck.

I think WotC *thinks* all egyptians are and always were black. They also think all Greeks were black. They also think there were sizeable black populations in Mongolia.

Back in the day when Teferi was in the story they went to his homeland and it was subsaharan africa tribesmen to the core. And no one complained because it made perfect fucking sense.

Commander decks should cut all unnecessary reminder text and ship with full art basics. WOTC pretends the format is entry level, but it is not. Reminder text free cards would sell more decks as well because some people loves those cards.

Oh cool, didn't know dominant theory stopped being dominant soon as another theory came into existence, it's not like they have to reach a consensus via peer review or anything first.

>North Africans and specially Egyptians were and are whiter than Alicia Keys
>not mentioning proximity to other continents
>mfw

OOA has not been the "dominant" theory for decades. It had been disputed since inception.

>it's not like they have to reach a consensus via peer review or anything first.
What does consensus have to do with it? The new consensus is that Out of Africa might not be true, since it was based on a fossil record that has now been upended.

>I don't know how this works
Let me explain it for you, the dominant theory says there weren't hominids outside of Africa at that time period. Once found the fossil that disproved the "domiant" theory with factual proof

Yeah, I wouldn't mind what Marvel is doing nearly as much if they hadn't latched on to the idea that they're God's gift to comics and don't have to worry about things like storyline quality anymore.

I love the idea of being represented more in media, but thinking that the mere presence of diversity puts someone or something above and beyond reproach has always been wild to me.

No, the creative staff are doing it for political reasons. They want to make a point about black protagonists. It's in direct opposition to the alt-right.

Wizards don't care though, because there's no downside to pissing off the right to them.

The Right at large no longer has the stamina or the numbers to match the Lefts ability to damage a product with a boycott. Wizards rightwing customers know on an instinctual level that their ideas aren't worth sacrificing their hobby for. If you can't see the truth of that lurk more.

Wizards are better off pandering to leftwing customers, because lefties, especially young lefties, feel absolutely no shame or shyness about what they believe. The fact that they don't feel the need to obscure their beliefs in any way means they're much more likely to talk about how progressive their hobby is among their friends. It's free promotion with no downside, as many many companies have realized.

Leftwing ideas are simply more marketable than Rightwing ones, and that's why Wizards and countless other companies will happily promote certain aspects of them.

10/10

young leftists also don't have disposable income. They've shown time and time again that they don't consume the media they rally so hard to change.

The entire situation is lose lose for everyone involved.

>Everyone is black.
Fuck this shit. I'm hispanic, if I'm not gonna see people like me because leftard "diversity" means blacks and muslims (black), then I'd rather see nothing but white people.

Seconded

>uwaaa I can't be a fucking racist bigot in my safe place!!!
I'm sure you're of those fat fucks that talk shit on Facebook and wonder why you have no real friends

No, God please no.

>The entire situation is lose lose for everyone involved
I mean shit, I've said as much so many times you wouldn't even believe

This, all I'd personally ask is for their existence to be acknowledged beyond the usual tokenism, nothing more.

Some people do. Other people have never seen a card with Phasing or Proliferate or Rebound before. Just because the keyword's been used before doesn't mean someone knows what it does by heart. Hell, I've been playing since 6th and I forgot what Goad does off the top of my head because I never managed to play with either conspiracy set
As well, while they aren't lowest entry level, they're supposed to be playable right out of the box. Not 'playable right out of the box but you need to look up a bunch of stuff because you don't know this or that thing because you weren't there for that keyword'. They're for a casual format, they're sold in department stores, they're played with by kitchen table casuals. Just because you and I know these things doesn't mean they should fuck the other people over.
Now, the Masters products? Those should be reminder-text free entirely, yes. Especially on anything high profile.

If you can't be a racist bigot here, then mods get to decide what that means for you, and then there's nothing to say.

Besides, which would you rather have?
This:
Anonymous No.XXXXX5352 >>XXXXX4319
WE

Anonymous No.XXXXX4319
File: Funny Reaction Image, Probably The Rock Rolling His Eyes or Something.webm
>>XXXXX5352
Shut up, faggot.

---

Or this:

Anonymous No.XXXXX5352 >>XXXXX5399 >>XXXXX5412 >>XXXXX5413 >>XXXXX5444
WE

(User was banned for this Post)

Marvel has proven this wrong. The right doesn't boycott your social media, but they stop buying your product and the left doesn't buy anything at all.

>more MUH VAMPIRES

Gaaaaaay. Why they ever decided on dindu vampires as the evergreen Black race is beyond me, they all suck. Go Sengir or go home.

>XXXXX5352
>XXXXX4319

I'll take the future with time travelling posters.

Chances are the banning is because of how much the /pol/ shit clogs up threads. Stop trying to make some vast conspiracy about it and stop crying that your unfunny memes aren't welcome. Grow the fuck up.

Except banning has a much higher chance of clogging up and or derailing threads than business as usual.

>I'm sure you're of those fat fucks that talk shit on Facebook and wonder why you have no real friends
What the fuck are you own user? Veeky Forums is filled with casual racism such as "WE WUZ" which goes for every race. Same with "Muh Ancestor" and calling OP a faggot. If the mods are starting to ban people for slight things such as these, then our freedom to speak what we wish will be taken from us. Do you wish to watch what you say on an anonymous Chris Hansen honeypot forum site, and lose one of the few avenues of saying what you want to say privately without true backlash from society. If a black person pissed you off that you want to call him a watermelon fat fuck piece of shit nigger, you can't say that on Facebook or real life. You can say that on Veeky Forums though, because of the anonymity. Also the only way you could argue back to me is by projecting and attacking the poster, tells me that you shouldn't be on Veeky Forums. It's for 18 years of age or older.