EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Reflect on the spoiler "season"

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
All spoils are out. What's your favorite new card? Bonus points: That's not Legendary.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/very-fast-slivers-killing-at-incredible-hihg-speed/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All spoils are out. What's your favorite new card? Bonus points: That's not Legendary.
vampire steal card best card in set

>Bonus points: That's not Legendary.
Alms Collector
Hard mode: Not not Alms Collector

>Thread Question:
We still need to know about the reprints, but my favorite nonlegendary new card is Disrupt Decorum, both for the effect and the art.

Do we have decklists on the 2017 decks now that we have all the cards spoiled? I want to know what I need to track down beforehand.

Also favorite new non-legend has to be either Alms Collector or Shifting Shadows. Though Patron of the Vein has a metal as fuck name.

That card alone makes vampires worthwhile. So many fun things you can steal.

Teferi's Protection seems the most fun.

Probably tomorrow.

The full list is probably dropping tomorrow.

Probably the white phasing card.

Goad Everything

I think they'll be spoiled tomorrow. I already ordered my Patron Wizard and Kalitas 2.0 though.

>play cEDH
>want to play Storm but hate mono blue and hate Jeleva
It's like my birthday.

Hungry Lynx for best flavor/mechanics combination

Oh I already have a cats set aside from me at my LGS. Might get a wizards set aside too. Just wondering if I should be hunting for other goodies for them in the meantime. I doubt they'll put something like a Sword of Body and Mind in there, I think at best cats will get a Stoneforge Mystic. Though I feel like this would be a perfect time to give Steelshaper's Gift a reprint. Would be hype if they got something nuts like Mirrari's Wake or Privileged Position.

Which begs the question. What reprint are you guys really hoping for in your deck of choice?

>play cEDH
>hate Jeleva

Isn't Thrasios + something used more often for storm now?

Honestly the wizards have a really good mix:
>Inalla for ""75%""/pubstomp
>Mairsil for fun janky johnny nonsense
>Kess for competitive

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

>>play cEDH
>>want to play Storm but hate mono blue and hate Jeleva
you already had cpt. sissy

So does Quicksilver Elemental caged by Mairsil targeting himself get around his 1 per turn restriction?

Should I go for the Vampire deck, since I like Mardu and Vampires, or should I go outside my comfort zone and go for Wizards?
I'm not really a blue player ( my only deck with blue is a Leviathans.dec), but prior to the reveals I was going to build one of the two Marchesa as my next deck.

the hero we needed
not the hero we deserved
+1

Vampires is a good time to reprint Exquisite Blood and maybe Bloodcheif Ascension.
And Aura Shards really needs a reprint, though it probably won't because of the cat that fits the same role.

I think so... but I admit that this is WAY over my head. At the very least though it should let you reactivate each ability with the new instance, including the quicksilver copy that you could use to get another shot of everything.

Aura Shards could still be in drugons one.

How many mythics does each deck get? I'm wondering what the chances are of having Havengul Lich get printed in the Wizards deck, it'd compliment extremely well.

It would also get the restriction from Mairsil abillity, but you'd be able to activate those abilities 2 times. Unless you keep cloning the elemental.

He's the hero we deserve, not the one we need.

Fractured Identity, because I've wanted to give all my opponents Levelers forever and it was almost impossible before.

It's 3 commanders and probably 2 more.

Seems like they usually include 1-3 reprinted mythics, but I'd be really happy to see the lich reprinted too.

Really curious to see how the manabase for 5C Dragons will look like.

why did vampires get shafted on the commander side? There is one less new legendary for the vamp deck. Fuck WOTC and their forced wizard pushing

>Me: "oh man I am gonna make a super cool deck with my awesome strategy"
>"I will make low-tier champs viable and fun!"

And then it all goes to shit. Anyone knows that feel?

As cool as Exquisite Blood and Bloodcheif Ascension would be, knowing Wizards we're probably going to get Sanguine Bond and Blade of the Bloodchief.

If it doesn't get a chromatic lantern or I'm going to flip.

Elite Arianist reprint spoiler when?!

>There is one less new legendary for the vamp deck.
What the fuck are you on about?

no I dont make bad decks
and low tier "champs" are easy to build around when you realize the power of your deck comes from the 99(98) not from the 1(2)
sucks to suck

Gotta' agree with this guy. Full list was spoiled?

>Dragons has cat dragon and Taigam
>Wizards has other Taigam
>Cats have Balan
>Vampires has nothing

So where is Kess from? Innistrad?

How would you rate the new Wizard tribe legends in order of power?

Inalla>Mairsil>Kess>Taigam

I don't make bad decks with the expectation they'll be good. I make bad decks with the expectation they'll be bad.

It does suck when the deck doesn't even get to do the bad things you want it to do though.

Is anyone else a little frustrated that the precon decks are so unfocused? The way they put in alternate commanders and then support cards for each one makes the base deck feel really bad at times when you draw cards aimed at a commander you might have in the 99.

Kess looks like she's from Zendikar.
Also she's the most powerful by far.

Maybe we'll get that Olivia Voldaren reprint afterall.

Probably in reprint form. Tomorrow we'll know.

Cats seem cool, Dragons seem timmy lmao 5 color dude, I only like the steal effect and Mathas from the Vampires, but Wizards are by far the best, probably gonna build around Marisil or Snapcaster waifu

its meant to be a casual playable deck out of the box but also as a toolbox for you to further develop later on

>tfw no treefolk deck
cats are always assholes

No because I rarely play the precons out of the box and would rather have more variety in new commanders.
I totally understand your frustration though if you want to be able to pick up and play the precons as-is.

The background makes it look like Equilor.

>Kess
>3rd

She is stupidly powerful compared to everything else wtf

They had a mono black new Baron Sengir designed, but decided not to include him, because he wouldn't fit the aggro theme.

Yes, I'm pulling this info out of my ass, but don't tell me it doesn't sound like something WotC would do

I kind of like that about them. They offer various different playstyles and synergies to explore for players new to the format and different directions to build upon. As more experienced players we have more ideas what we want and what not, but they're great to get new players hooked.

But she's no where near as fun

Not to kinkshame, but hopefully we'll at least get new art if they reprint Olivia since all the other tribes got new legendaries.

this
time to bring the GY hate back in full swing
these are dark times

Oh boy

OH BOY

I realized that was bullshit, but it still killed me a bit inside.

this is hilariously fun

>All spoils are out.
Full decklists?

Feldon would love this.

Kess is from Grixis or the remnants of Equilor.

I pray. She needs more art that makes her look a lot less like a futa rape monster. Mobilized for War was atrocious.

Fucking awesome.

would he?

>Destroy
>Not sac
S P I C Y

No, just the new cards. Decklists shouldn't be too far off though.

Card that literally removes you from the game is considered most fun.

/edhg/ showing its true colors.

Maybe we'll get a Shaku, the Endbringer reprint as an answer to all the indestructible being put in these decks.

Actually dragons has 5 new legendaries: Ur-Dragon, O-Kagachi, the artifact one, the jund dragon and Taigam.

It seems like someone just REALLY wanted to make two Taigams, so they screwed vampires out of getting a 4th new legendary.

Everyone deserves a (You)

get a life

It's the best "I have to go take a shit" card ever printed, drop it on your end step and go take a nice poop

Come into discord and we can hash out want direction you think I should take my life bby

I'm fairly sure Kess is from Grixis. Equilor is the second string possibility. Nowhere else has landscapes of flesh and bone.

Power, it's probably Kess = Inalla > Mairsil >>> Taigam. And Kess could pull ahead if Inalla doesn't live up to her "infinites from the Command Zone" potential. They're all at least decent, though I'll be jamming Taigam into Scarab God's 99 rather than running him on his own. Draw spells, bin creatures, use wasted spells to kill enemies.

"Anywhere but discord" hardly needs a dedicated namefag platform to discuss.

Does this mean if you enchant one of the eldrazi you can Jank your way to bullshit?

Who is the shittiest fucking god and why is it this guy?

>No Veldrane, Gone to Die, Sacrifice this creature: Vampires you control gain +2/+2, First Strike, Deathtouch, Flying, Lifelink, and Haste until end of turn.

What about the best one?

Musclesnake

Purphoros, probably.

>Who is the shittiest fucking god
Pharika

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/very-fast-slivers-killing-at-incredible-hihg-speed/

Is my Sliver list missing anything too terribly important? I feel like I've about got it worked out.

He asked for best god, not most overhyped god. Easy mistake.

this
Calling the user who claims he won store championships with his secret pharika tech
show yourself faggot

Im almost certain theres an easier and less win more way to get a free creature every turn but maybe Im wrong.

In the 99? Kefnet's not the worst. Hazoret's just useless unless you're running waifu tribal.

Hazoret has a format or two she's playable in, Kefnet is bad in every format

Call me stupid, but why would I want to pay 4 Mana to draw one card then also choose to take a land back in my hand except weird landfall shenanigans.

if you have inf mana lol

The land bounce is a way to fill your hand. And activated abilities on creatures for spell effects that would normally be cheap are usually expensive.

>waifu tribal
This should be good, got a list?

Kefnet's actually an alright backup for any deck that really wanted Patron of the Soratami. Heck, even Patron can use him because at least Kefnet comes down sooner. And at the very least he sits there ignoring a lot of potential removal and drawing you cards.

I'd say the title of Worst God goes to Bontu, since she can't be kept active and as a sac outlet she's badly outclassed due to that whole costing mana to sac thing. Hazoret and Rhonas are pretty bad too but Rhonas grants trample with his "enchantment" mode which could at least be used and Hazoret is kinda fun for "Fuck the World".dec which puts them... eeh on Kefnet's level

>tfw you read Fervent as Pervert

Well that makes at least a little bit of sense

oh here we go again...