How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w7F4qLGgB4I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing.

Makes me jealous with the amount of physical games they have and makes me happy that they can many things, even jenga (eh)

Like they can't play at a table because magic players are using them all?

Like I'm looking at advertisement.

reeeee normies.

*yawns*

Sorry OP, Veeky Forums has a high amount of trolls these days; you'll need to step up your game with some inflammatory greentext about SJWs if you hope to get more than a handful of replies before this thread dies.

Is anyone else freaked out by boardgame cafes?

Smaller board game collection than my friends, but I mean, his board game collection destroyed his relationship so hey.

All of our stuff can destroy a relationship. I know a buddy who was too deep into /toy/ stuff, Transformers and other figures. He got into a new relationship, but not sure if she's just cool with it or he cooled off it all.

What about them freaks you out exactly?

Are you afraid someone put AIDS in the boardgames. Because I didn't put AIDS in all the boardgames.

Like they should get a table. These folks are the sort you see who come in to the store for Board Game Night, expecting family friendly fun.

Unfortunately for them, my store does it competitively, so a bunch of young couples probably beat them out at King of Tokyo and are walking away with their free copy of Splendor.

Not as autistic as bad MTG players, but still, a sure sign that evil lurks in the hearts of even normies. All that's needed is the right trigger.

>All these good games and you're playing fucking jenga

That DC comics should be sueing someone

Search for 'boardgame cafe' on Google image search and look at the images.
It's like looking into a frightening alternate dimension.

youtu.be/w7F4qLGgB4I BOGGLE

It destroyed his relationship because he had probably had sunk somewhere between the 5-10k range into his boardgames, while simultaneously his long term girlfriend (who between his kid from a previous relationship, her kid from a previous relationship, and a kid between the two of them) drove herself into massive debt, and sold off her assets (vehicle and such), in an effort to pay for the kids.

Apparently they had an arrangement where they both worked and could each use their money how they wanted, she was responsible for all the childcare costs, and she was responsible for damned near all of the childrearing. While trying to maintain a full job. And while driving him around, because he didn't have a license.

He went from an expensive hobby/career in photography, to an expensive hobby/career in boardgaming (starting up a convention/trying to work towards starting a boardgame cafe). The boardgame thing was inconsequential, it was the fact they were both terrible at money management, and she wad driving herself further and further into the red while he was dropping another thousand on Kickstarter boardgames.

That's just people sitting at a table playing some game. I think you're freaked out a bit by the public aspect of it, but... boardgames aren't that uncommon a thing. Nearly everyone in the Western world has played a boardgame at some point.

Ouch. My buddy never got THAT bad, but he was spending WAY too much money on figs and it was causing problems. They're both in a stable place now, but money stress is the single biggest destroyer of relationships out there. And a lot of us respond to stress by diving further into our expensive hobbies, so it ends up being a vicious cycle of stress spending due to stress from spending.

"Luckily" I gave up and realized I'm far too stressed and selfish to have time for plastic army games AND a woman!

I feel worried for all the pieces in those boxes. I hate standing them up like hat, especially since a lot of games have really shitty compartments (or none at all) so everything jostles around. Plus it just looks really gaudy to display them like a fucking bookstore like that.

A little bit. I don't want to get pregnant.

>firefly
>xcom

ewww

This is a store. There are multiples and they are wrapped.

looks pretty cool, didn't even know these things existed.

Snakes and lattes?

Why does it matter?

As long as all the pieces are there, you're fine, right?

It makes me feel that I recognize that shelve.
Ikea KALLAX Black

Is this supposed to get 'reeeeeees'? From a cross-boarder looking in, whether by virtue of the personal social aspect of the hobby, average poster age, or otherwise, Veeky Forums appears to have it's head screwed on pretty tight. Especially compared to places like /v/, /pol/, or daytime /k/.

Hear that, fa/tg/uys? Turn in your weirdo cred.

My FLGS is moving locations adding a coffee shop section. Meh it's still gonna be nerd central.

I don't know what's that #hastags game about but it infuriates me.

Will they have overpriced muffins? I love overpriced muffins.

this, they are way to happy. they look like a couple of teenagers in love for the first time

and i like the idea of boardgame cafes, you'd have to be full rk9 to get triggered by this.

>Veeky Forums appears to have it's head screwed on pretty tight

Is this code?

Yeah. That's why I don't really view it as "our hobby can destroy relationships", so much as "the hobby happened to be how it went down" - she was entirely supportive of his gaming, and helped enable it quite a bit, but the problem was the money situation.

I, for one, hate board game cafes because they are filled with hipsters and homosexuals. I have nothing against socializing as such; in fact, I generally invite it.

Well I've never been to one, but I do know that hipsters and band wagoners riding a trend that they would've made fun of a few years before is pure cancer. So i still like the idea of boardgame cafe but I have a very nice FLGS that I have no intentions of abandoning for casual filth.

I've been to a board game cafe before, it's real fun when you've got a lot of cheap beer and a game of CaH going with strangers.

Why are they playing Jenna on the floor?

What's freaky about this? I'd have to be careful not to give away my maiesophilia, but everything seems normal enough.

Presumably it's harder to lose your head when it's tightly secured.

Lonely.

Same user, same....

Considering that the games are all still in shrink, I assume they are models posing in an lgs or similar location for a promotional photo.
I don't care in the slightest.

>promotional photo

What if I told you it was a wedding picture?

I may have been on /pol/ too long, but the first thing I thought was 'the nose knows'.