Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

>"Hey Mr.Tallyman..!" Edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8 [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Drukhari!

Nth for the Astra Militarum™ Elysian Drop Troops™ Airborne Regiments™

The Morty in the video looks different from the one in those leaked promo pics.

the paint job looks so much fucking better is why

Its just the different lighting.

Imperial Fists > Iron Warriors.

Tally me banana.

Nothing stealthier than BRIGHT ORANGE!

How can you not love Monty Python's Falling Circus?

Crimson Fists > both.

Nice. Looking at the sprue and pics on the webstore, most of the greaves and bracers seem acceptable if I just paint them in Admech colours, it's just the shoulderpads that need their curves smoothed down and some of the trim removed.

Otherwise there's very little that will have to come off, other than some feathers here and there and the odd icon on the baltea. Will mostly be replacing the shield arms with claws and such, since if I want that hand empty I'd have to do something with the flat side. Maybe just mount a cable arc between the two sprue holes and then sculpt the rest of the forearm around it/graft an armour plate.

Hell, there'd be a bunch of Tzeench parts left over for my themed Heresy Gal Vorbak squads, and I'd only need one box for a whole Electroblob.
Think I'll pick them up next week, will be a nice evening of kitbashing.
Anyone have any ideas for what other weapons I could hand them? Going to run out of claws around Priest 11 or so. Transonics are off-limits because they'll be Rusties alongside them. Maybe Arc Mauls and misc. power weapons?

>need to put spikes and weapons in my rhino for Konor
>then I need to paint it
>I'm stuck at work
Fucking shit this sucks. I wanted to work on my contemptor, too, but it's already Wednesday. I don't have time to scrub, clean, assemble, and paint that shit on top of my rhino(s). I'd like to work on my Dreadclaw, too, but again. Not happening.

This fun hobby is so very overwhelming at times. Pls kill me

Lascannon chicken or autocannon chicken? Or neither, just more boops?

Soon.....

Which chapter/legion/warband has the best color scheme?
pic unrelated

That last one. you take one lancer walker to act as a distration, and have a bunch of boops

So, I'll look at criticism of Zameon (left) here, but I'll be honest: I'm tired of painting him, so he's done as far as I'm concerned. I'm more interested in examples or suggestions on getting the best self lighting look on Garran (right). Mainly what you guys think I should do with his Salamander shoulder pad as it's lit by his torch. Should it just be a stark yellow highlight on the green? It'll take me a while to do the other prep work on him, so feel free to toss any suggestions as long as the thread lasts.

Not even sure if I'll play these guys in 40K, but I guess I'll have a nice Deathwatch Overkill set if anyone actually plays it with me again.

Aw, that's sad. Thanks though

Never played with or against them, I would make an entire autocannon army of them however, or a bunch of lance ones

neither; The Dragoon has a shitty sniper or a meh horde clearing weapon.

The ballistari is just 2 mobile Auto-Cannons or Lascannons. Honestly, your better off with the Autocannons, as you should have at least 1 Onager with a Neutron laser for Vehicles.

I would say just use more Heavy Phosphor blaster Beep Boops.

CHAOS EVACUATION OF THE KONOR SYSTEM!!!

How do you deal with 40k burnout? I tried 8th several times and just am not feeling it compared to...pretty much any edition since 3rd? (Other than 6th)?

For now I'm killing time by going through the bit backlog, building random monsters and stuff from sprue, randomly typing out homebrews and dreaming about setting up a Mordheim campaign, but I'm feeling pretty worn out.

How are the ork warbuggies/wartrakks/skorchabuggies this edition?

Will he even be released before the end of Konor?

Yes it's me again motherfuckers.

wait hang one, is there an amputee in a gimp suit behind that things eyes(?)?

ORANGE TRANSPARENT VISORS

The video said September, when does Konor end?

Yes. Insult the admeh at your peril. I always thought that was weird as fuck.

When it comes to Catholic Space Nazis, accept no substitutes.

Three or four weeks.

>Both gauntlets red despite not being a veteran

T R I G G E R E D

This is as bad as that one scout in the 5th edition codex that had TWO red gauntlets even though Scouts haven't earned the honour of painting even one gauntlet red. It's not that complicated people, get it right REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Somehow, even worse. About triple the cost as 7th, and arguably only twice the durability. They get 2 shots instead of rerolling to hit, but hit penalties are more common (and -2 hit mods are a thing, which potentially make them automiss).

Orks are Weirdboyz and Boyz, Final Destination, the army. They're one-dimensional as fuck.

Fucking science.

>tally me disease
>daylight come and we desecrate the throne

I guess it depends on whether the death guard preorders go up on the 26th of August or not.

Battlewagon boys still does well also, 16 wound fortresses are a pain

Archmagos one day woke up from sleep mode and decided they didn't have enough body horror in the imperium.

That's some lewd science alright.

Been gone a few weeks, did we ever find out what this is?

it's your mom's new dildo

Old lasgun or autogun. Am I missing something?

Who said he wasn't a veteran? You honestly believe pedro wouldn't upgrade his most experienced men?

who says he isn't a veteran!!

Lascarine/pistol.
Either Necromunda or Steel Legion.

No, you're not. His question should be if we found what it is attached to, not what it is (because only people that never heard about 40k wouldn't know that is a laspistol)

but isn't this the machine with the perpetual motion engine in it? why don't they just tell the gimp servitor to stop?

I want a space marine with an ORANGE TRANSPARENT CHAINSWORD now.

Possible it's a release for Necromunda or Shadow War, but I'm still hoping it's an Imperial Guard release. Unlikely that the best result will be the true one, however.

>Most experienced men
>Barely a century old
>Even less time spend as an actual part of the chapter

My sides !

The rules say he can't be a veteran.

no
and we won't for a long time if some of the earlier teasers are anything to go by

>>Barely a century old
Most Primaris have been in stasis since the Great Crusade.

They can convert marinelets into chad marines.

I said upgrade you mong, old marines can be primaris'd

hey does anyone have that picture again detailing how the guy got that nice shiny blue color for his marines. many thanks

Don't listen to him, the ability to come in off of a board edge and dump a shit ton of missiles into the back of an enemy is no light threat, and will force the target to focus fire or get blasted. With a ridiculously high movespeed the threat radius is high, and even the skorchas may be able to reliably get into range for firing.

The durability is a bit of an issue, but with wounds not spilling over, and being able to take them in up to a unit of 5 (which you should to make Mad Morks proud) they won't be easily wiped unless the opponent decides to point a shit ton of weapons at it, buying your battlewagons/trukks/kans/dreads/orkanauts more time to scoot upfield for the slaughter.

Do remember that the things hit on a 3+ in melee, and while they aren't packing any good melee weapons, their durability and speed means they can open fire and then tarpit a unit whilst plinking a wound off here and there.

Same exact thing goes for deffkoptas, except those fuckers can deepstrike and they have bigbomms which is nice (albeit a little weak)

not yet, possibly necromunda related but I think that news if probably more likely to be , could be a swanky laspistol or what I'm hoping for is a Las-ppsh43/m56(or similar) for a new guard regiment

Here's all I got of unreleased Death Guard anyone got some more?

Playing a 750 point game this weekend. Rate my list?

Battalion (750 points)

X2 Company commander (30 points)

Lord Commissar w/ Fist (61 points)

X4 Infantry squad (48 points)
+ Plasma gun
+ Sergeant w/ Bolter

Bullgryn X3 (126 points)
+ Slab shields and Mauls

Command squad (48 points)
+ Sniper rifle X2
+ Lascannon

Command squad (49 points)
+ Regimental standard
+ Lascannon

Heavy weapons squad w/ Heavy Bolters (36 points)

Leman Russ battle tank (178 points)
+ Battle cannon and X3 Heavy Bolters

don't some people decide to stay in the scout company indefinitely ?

fuck sakes im on the cusp of either buying a IG or SM start collecting since I actually like the hobby side of this game and now my balls are being diddled by the winds of change that is games workshop. i swear if its some steel legion revamp

Sentinels are really good in low points games, especially cheaper scout variants. any weapon system they can be provided will serve a purpose with your lascannons preferring to be armored.

That's it to my knowledge unless GW wants to make a box with Foetid Bloat-Drones (but since Orks didn't get new Deffkoptas after Assault on Black Reach I won't hold my breath).

Doing the Grandfather's work, user!

We need a group of chaos players to get together and do a game of only soul grinders.

>Being in stasis for the vast majority of ten thousand years means you're old

You have no idea what the word stasis means, do you ?

There have only been people saying it is possible, there are zero actual examples of marines that have been upgraded. And if you do believe it and look at the rules it would imply that 'upgrading' a veteran actually downgrades him back down to primaris greenhorn that can't wield anything more complicated than a bolt rifle.

well what's wrong with playing metal steel legion ? they're real nice minis

Thanks. I was on the verge of buying some Primarines until this came out, but Steel Legion is something I've been waiting for since I started the hobby. This probably isn't that, but I won't be spending any money until I know for sure.

Good tally of the teased releases, man

Pedophiles.

is that supposed to be a new Typhus?

actually nothing really it just be a bit disappointing for some reason if they added anything new or had some wicked crazy new models. from images the steel legion minis as of now do look sick im not denying it

If there ever were a set of minis I would buy it wouldn't be Mort's band of pimples, it's an updated reprint of the Christmas Marines.

Those that do are the sergeants, and those do go through the rituals to earn their red gauntlets.

Did the dude on the right fill out his membership form incorrectly, the seem to have engraved his homeworld on the plate that's meant to have his name

Because everybody knows that plastic as a raw material is as easy to produce as the same plastic that has been molded into miniatures that required time and effort to design, fit into a sprue properly, and lets not forget that the actual molds and machines to use them for making the models are, of course, free.

I would understand if they had trouble selling so they need to pay for real estate to house the unsold models but if they lowered the price more people would get into 40k and buy the models

No it's a Tallyman of Nurgle. Long-standing Nurgle trope. Probably a new generic buffing character.

it's a reference to the farcical legal case being brought against GW

the twat holding the scythe next to it

So my local GW actually did have one last Optimised Pathfinder box in sick, so I snatched that and a Cadre Fireblade. I dunno what symbols I'll put on him though, but here have a WIP.

>almost wipe themselves out like tards
>better than anyone

>>Barely a century old

That's ancient for a Crimson Fist. Which was the joke you missed earlier btw.

You'll get your Drop Troops, but with a fancy new OC DonutSteel Name like:

Aelyzhian Para-Descent Legio

Nah. Probably just a DG Termie model.

Pretty damn good. They're a bit pricier but much more durable, and surprisingly enough they're no slouches in melee. 4 attacks hitting on 3+, and T5 means a lot of stuff they run into will have difficulty shifting them. They also benefit from Mob Rule, meaning they're quite good running alongside Boyz mobs so they never flee, something Kans are lacking in.

Skorchas I tend to start on the board because they're not as good coming on from board edges because they must be 9" away from enemy models, which means they can't shoot. They can however advance and still automatically hit, giving them a threat range of 12+D6+8, which is pretty damn nice for a heavy flamer. As to Big Shootas and Rokkits, they can benefit nicely from coming in on board edges, but isolation tends to mean they'll leg it when morale kicks in. For grabbing objectives and putting sneaky shots into the backline however, they're perfect.

if we do get new steel legion models you're gonna be kicking yourself over not picking up some of the metal ones when you had the chance , trust me

I'm creating an Alpha Legion army called the Beta Uprising to counter the growing Chad influence at the store.
Any color scheme ideas (but none of that metallic horseshit)?

Pick one pre-heresy legion or dead/dying chapter. They get brought back as the poster child chapter of the Primaris.

how could they fuck up steel legion the design. Plastic steel legion would be awesome

I have just cringed myself inside out.

>Beta Uprising
lol.

Blue armor with scales and black helmets and hands

>Betas
>Rising up out of their underhive basements

Pick one