/pgg/ - Paizo Games General

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Let's talk about Starfinder and the old Pathfinder classes. Where in Starfinder would you expect to find npcs and people who still use some of the old PF classes? How crazy would it be if Baba Yaga or Nex just popped up right in the middle of Absolam Station and started going high-end magical shenanigans

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zesx3Fn1
youtube.com/watch?v=TWeJsaCiGQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=pPiduuwtDSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish blue magi were a Fighter archetype.

Anyway, I think that I'd find them on some weird outback world that hasn't developed yet and is still in its medieval period. Wizards are shit and so either they're VERY easily killable with piss-poor initiative scores while also being able to destroy a lot of stuff or they're just very weak.

I saw that you apped with a template but it looks like it was nerfed? Your stats wouldn't make sense otherwise. (Also I felt like a shitter apping when someone else already did a vampire template, so I didn't.)

It was nerfed all the way down to CR+0:
pastebin.com/zesx3Fn1

Hey guys I was checking my pdfs, and I don't have Psionics Augmented: Empath.
Did 2hu never drop this one or did I just miss it?
If I missed it can anyone post a mega or dropbox link?
I checked the troves and they don't have it, or many of the newer DSP, like Malefex.

People with two first names are douchebags and can't be trusted.

Yeah, fuck Mary Kate Olsen.
Actually, just fuck both Olsen twins

Unironically this

I had this realization today.

Theoretically my character could live to Starfinder's era, and because she's got such an obscenely powerful magic shtick (and stick) she'd likely cause a LOT of shenanigans.

Pic related.

What if he has seven first names, three titles. two family names and a nickname?

Why is the SF railgun an automatic rifle?

John Conner must be eliminated

>Theoretically my character could live to Starfinder's era

... How?

It seems to be more like a rapid pulse coilgun.
I'm really hoping for a breech-loading single discharge railgun sniper in some 3pp or new content eventually.

It's not a railgun.
Video related:
youtube.com/watch?v=TWeJsaCiGQ0

Immortality is a hell of a drug

>he doesn't have a character who could theoretically live to Starfinder's era somehow

what are you, a filthy martial or something?

How do I GBE?

That vampire is a cute.

I appreciate you posting Black Mage.

That is all.

Reminds me of the fucking dakka AK from Elysium.
Also that's not a gauss gun, that's a coilgun.

I imagine most of them died. Something happened to the fundamental forces of magic/universe whatever, hence why the Divin/ Arcane/Occult split no longer exists or why everyone suddenly doesn't need Verbal and Somatic components.

>Also that's not a gauss gun, that's a coilgun.
Those are literally two terms for the same kind of weapon, m8. They're entirely synonymous.

Ninth level spells, an already long lifespan, and enough magic bullshit that concievably she could just Miracle or Wish her way to say "yes I would like to not die of old age."

Not correct in the slightest.
Gaussian weapons are a linear series of solid magnets that are coil-optional.
Coilguns are track-run weapons that only run on electromagnetic induction working on the projectile

Solid magnets wouldn't be able to be used in a weapon.
You need an electromagnet to be able to fire a weapon, since those are toggleable.
And electromagnets are guess fucking what? Coils. Just plain coils you run current through. Magnetic acceleration, in turn, is always achieved through induction - all magnetic weapons fire simple metal slugs, not some kind of passive-state magnets, which means you must employ induction to be able to propel them with magnetism.
Whatever setting you're pulling this from is retarded.
Quoting wiki:
A Coilgun or Gauss rifle is a type of projectile accelerator consisting of one or more coils used as electromagnets in the configuration of a linear motor that accelerate a ferromagnetic or conducting projectile to high velocity.[1] In almost all coilgun configurations, the coils and the gun barrel are arranged on a common axis. It is not a rifle as the barrel is not rifled. The name "Gauss" is in reference to Carl Friedrich Gauss, who formulated mathematical descriptions of the magnetic effect used by magnetic accelerators.

How do we make the slug spin? I hear that's a good trick.

>"I wish to not die of old age"
>Meteor immediately crushes you

Solid magnets are indeed usable in a weapon. The reset mechanic can be mechanically operated, meaning that with a motion similar to cocking, you could reset your solid magnet array to its primed position.
And I'm very aware that electromagnets are coils, dumpass.

youtube.com/watch?v=pPiduuwtDSM

I recommend you stop being an ape and making assumptions about what I do and do not know. Gaussian weapons utilize linear solid magnets in-line with the barrel, whereas coilguns have the coils on a plane perpendicular to the track, so that the electromagnetic current running through them will pull the slug forward when switched on.

What is the best shoot banger in Starfinder? Is it a projectile weapon or a plasma?!

>What is the best shoot banger in Starfinder? Is it a projectile weapon or a plasma?!
It depends on your level. Instead of +1 bonuses to weapons you just ditch your old gun and get a shootier banger that costs more.

This is a rare and pointless definition virtually noone besides you uses, good job.

Goalposts.

You are literally using a retarded definition that noone other than you uses. What am I even to argue about at that point?
As far as nearly everyone other than you are concerned, gauss guns ARE coil guns.

What is the Gap that I see people talking about in regards to Starfinder?

Galaxy-wide amnesia.
Millenia of memories and history were just wiped.
The most popular theory among Pact Worlders according to the CRB is that it was caused by Triune using the Drift for time travel and thus fucking up the timeline.

But I don't care about the difference between the two. Shouldn't a little creative liberty be allowed in a science-fantasy setting? I understand that people are autistic about how some things may break physics, but holy crap.

No, honestly, being shown the definitions and then simply changing the definition used; the goalposts were moved by this user here and not that one

Universal amnesia, like if you woke up tomorrow and all evidence of the past 500 years has disappeared - that said, you still know your friends and job and family, but the details of where you met or how could he gone.

What? You were the one autistic about "the weapon on the video isn't a gauss gun!"

>Implying I won't just time stop my way out

Pleb

No I wasn't, silly.

This might be the gayest thing I've seen all week. Is this their excuse to not give us any lore?

>Is this their excuse to not give us any lore?
Yes.

You bet! The stuff about the Pact Worlds is cool tho.

Yes. Honestly a lot of things they did are really fucking baffling to the point I'm not sure what the fuck making it "Golarion universe in the future" accomplished.
>retcon all magic into one unified force
>since the planet is gone all of our favorite places and locales no longer exist, nor nations
And for what? So they can have Space people that worship Iomadae? Abadar? It feels like SF would have been better off being a totally new setting?

Indeed. Paizo sucks at writing, news at 11

I think it's their way of wiping a blank slate and making so they can make their own lore, not as limited by Pathfinder.

They wanted the planet not to be available, but wanted to keep all of the names at any cost.

The result got kinda dumb.

That doesn't make any sense though. Wouldn't keeping them in the same universe constrain lore? Why not just make a new setting entirely instead of obliterating the one you had?

Making a new setting is haaaaard.

Easier, attracts Pathfinder players due to mild connections, and it's not like you're going to be limited by setting anyway since it's, yknow, space.

>Knights of Golarion, an organization for a planet that doesn't exist

>There are already two Matriarchies in the lore
>All the important gods are women

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

I've got a big nigger dick that I wanna put in someones ass

Put it in your own ass by thinking with portals.

oh shit wrong thread.

Don't worry, user, you can have a bunch of patriarchies in your game that you'll make for /pgg/

Put it in me! In me!

So, what's happening with intrigue game?

It's a boozle, Jim.

Why do you say that? The GM is active still.

It's happening. Picks should be announced in a few days.

Any review user doing reviewing?

You say that, but you'd be surprised how well it applies here too

I did reviewing in the thread a week or so ago.
I also did a lot of PM reviewing for people who requested it, probably half a dozen apps that way.
I'd like a review of mine though. ;~;

What's your take on DHB's app?

>13 children
That was too much of a meme for me to pay attention to the rest.
I could look through it more attentively if he asked, but I haven't so far.

I want a kitchen sink but I'm not sure I want to use Golarion. How is Mystara? Or, are there any other ones that I'm missing out on?

Why hasn't /pfg/ ever tried to craft a setting of their own?

Who would we even trust to lead such a project?

What's a good amount of gold to invest into an adventure company?

Because every time Veeky Forums tries to craft a setting as a collaborative project furries and assholes get too much influence and the whole thing degenerates into fetishposting.

>Who would we even trust to lead such a project?
In DHB we trust.

Depends on what sort of adventures you intend for them to go on.

Furry mafia strikes again!

Look up "Dungeonomics" and check out DTG's guide to Downtime in the pastebin.

Archaeology in force.

2 days till apps close

Tekeli-li!

So I really, really like the idea of Eldritch Poisoner, but between action economy and the fact it specifically denies you adding discoveries to the arcanopoison I only feel sadness in looking at it. What houserules would it take for the archetype to not be irredeemable shit? Would the following actually help it?

>Swift Alchemy reduces the creation and application of the poison to a single move action, Swift Poisoning reduces it to a single swift action, so long as it's your own weapon
>it CAN apply discoveries that apply to mundane poisons to its Arcanotoxin
>the Nagaji FCB for +1/3rd to created poison DCs is available to any Alchemist with the archetype, regardless of race

Miasmapunk was cool
Also, fuck you Bugworld was also good!

Now I imagine the horse head scene from Godfather with a torn up fur-suit next to the guy and a muffled "nyeh" heard from within a large Tony the Tiger mask.

Reposting from other thread

...Anonymous
08/10/17(Thu)14:32:00 No.54805884
#
#
#
Roleplay. It's challenging because the GM made it clear that under no circumstances would I be able to avoid the weaknesses of a vampire

Basically it means you restrict your entire party to only being able to act at night.

>Who would we even trust to lead such a project?
We need someone who just just unattached enough to be able to veto dumb ideas, avoid making things too fetishistic, and has enough knowledge in geopolitics, history, technoligy, and literature to make a cohesive enough fantasy world that is also consucive to the mechanics of Pathfinder and is able to properly integrate crunch and fluff and the implications therein of it into a setting

Also have them actually have the motivation to make and keep on the bloody thing and not abandoning it once they get bored.

Meaning very few people here on /pgg/ would be able to fulfill those qualities

And that isn't even going into the problem of people having different opinions on what fantasy does and doesn't mean and entail

So protag?

>Not dominating mortal thralls to carry your coffin around/getting a hearse
>Or using skeletons cause you're a baller undead necromancer

I could do it too!

You still can't leave your coffin during the day and are extremely vulnerable. Night is the only time you're even remotely safe.

>We need someone who just just unattached enough to be able to veto dumb ideas, avoid making things too fetishistic, and has enough knowledge in geopolitics, history, technoligy, and literature to make a cohesive enough fantasy world that is also consucive to the mechanics of Pathfinder and is able to properly integrate crunch and fluff and the implications therein of it into a setting
DHB fits all of these.

You'd still be vulnerable to karate.

Being long-winded doesn't equate to being smart.
We'd need someone who's disconnected from /pfg/ entirely.

Then why haven't you?

I would normally agree, however I feel he is too much of a public figure and is usually too busy, meaning we'd just end up getting too much unnecessary shit being caused by arguments associated with his celebrity status, and that the whole project will probably be shitposted to death by witch hunter

So, XS. Wait, you said crunch. She hates crunch. Nevermind.

So the best way for /pfg/ to make a setting is to not make one at all.

Makes perfect sense.

>We'd need someone who's disconnected from /pfg/ entirely.
The problem with that though is that it would inevitably defeat the whole point of "making a /pfg//pgg/ setting, at which point it would be better to instead go looking around for other 3pp settings that already exist

Any neat ways to TPK my party?

Who the fuck is XS?

Yes, exactly.